Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 10-14-2012, 06:33 PM   #1
RavenOfDeath

I need clothing assistance ASAP!

Alright, so I'm a 17 year old male that is a senior in highschool. We have to do a senior project and as a fan of The Cure, Christian Death, Bauhaus, Sisters of Mercy, etc. I decided to do my project over the gothic culture. However, I'm not exactly wealthy and although on the inside I may be "a little goth kid" on the outside I just look like I throw on a random t shirt and some eye liner and just go with it not really caring what others think of me.

I was wondering if anybody, anybody at all, could assist me with my senior project. All I need is some clothes. It can be shirts, jackets, boots, shoes, pants, whatever. Anything you don't wear anymore, or that often or that just doesn't fit you anymore for some reason, I'd appreciate it if you could donate it (as much as I hate begging...) to me. Anything at all would be greatly appreciated.

Anybody that assists me in this, you have my deepest thanks.
I can give more info if requested such as weight, height, and sizes.
RavenOfDeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 06:36 PM   #2
Miss Absynthe

What's your project?
Miss Absynthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 08:04 PM   #3
RavenOfDeath

Pretty much I have to write a research paper, have a mentor, make some sort of physical product, present it to the class and I must put in over 15 hours of work into the project. The research paper won't be hard at all. The physical product I just planned on going in, dressed up (if I could get the clothes) and throw on the make up while talking about some things. The teacher has a record player, so I'm hoping I can find a good vinyl and have it playing in the background. But that's pretty much it. It's really not incredibly difficult minus my lack of supplies at the moment.
Old 10-14-2012, 08:08 PM   #4
Miss Absynthe

What area of goth are you going to look at?
Old 10-15-2012, 01:31 PM   #5
RavenOfDeath

Just the tradition goth. 80's and what not.
Old 10-15-2012, 03:00 PM   #6
RavenOfDeath

I mean, considering the fact that I like Specimen, The Cure, and Bauhaus, I don't really see me going cyber-goth or anything. Plus I doubt anybody in the area where I live even know that cyber-goth exists.
Old 10-15-2012, 03:50 PM   #7
Miss Absynthe

It might be interesting to present different aspects of goth culture, though.
Old 10-15-2012, 04:26 PM   #8
RavenOfDeath

I know. I was orginally going to do that, however I didn't know what I could do for the physical product. The projects are set in stone now and there's no going back. So I can't change it at all.
I've been thinking for awhile now on how I could get the things I needed, and for some reason didn't think of coming to a site like this and trying to find a kind hearted human until recently.
Old 10-15-2012, 04:39 PM   #9
Miss Absynthe

Haha.. many people don't think of looking for kind-hearted humans on g.net.
Old 10-15-2012, 04:47 PM   #10
RavenOfDeath

I don't know if I'll find a kind hearted human on here, however if anybody could actually be of assistance I'd assume it'd be here. I mean, it's worth a shot. I don't really know of anywhere else where I may find people to help.
Old 10-15-2012, 04:55 PM   #11
Valhalla

Buy a pair of two dollar fishnet leggings. Cut them up a bit, and now you have fishnet sleeves. Wear a black short sleeved shirt over it, black jeans, heavy make up, and you're good enough to get by for a school project.
If you have any chains or a collar around, add them in for good measure.
Valhalla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 04:59 PM   #12
RavenOfDeath

Valhalla- Noted. I'll probably definately do the fishnet sleeves.
Old 10-15-2012, 06:55 PM   #13
Solumina

Maybe check out a thrift store for some cheap clothing to mod? Even if you aren't good at sewing you can use safety pins or iron on patches and it doesn't take much talent to dye or bleach clothing (just remember to dilute the bleach if you plan to wear the thing again, otherwise it will destroy the integrity of the fabric).
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 07:10 PM   #14
RavenOfDeath

I've never tried modding clothing, but I guess I can try. Maybe I'll find somebody that may be willing to help with that so it doesn't look like crap.