Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Spooky News
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Spooky News Spooky news from around the web goes in this forum. Please always credit and link your source and only use sources which are okay with being posted. No profanity in subject headings please.

Old 04-09-2009, 07:21 AM   #26
Alarica

I've said pretty much the same with regards to my own daughters (and my son too, but this case was a girl). If anyone ever touched a hair on their heads, such as ****/molest them, I would stop at nothing to get justice. It's all well and good sitting here saying violence is wrong, and it is, but parents do irrational things when someone does something like this to their child. In an idea world you would hope they would be locked up and forced to be bubbas bitch, but the reality is, that NEVER happens. I know a woman whos bf at the time, sexually abused her 5yr old and did so much damage she needed corrective surgeries. A FUCKING CHILD who had more damage caused to her than that of a grown woman giving birth naturally to 6 babies ffs. He was locked up for 18 MONTHS. I would fully support the mother if she did the same with petrol and lighter. Only I'd suggest she do it slower and make the bastard suffer.

I was a vegetarian until I lost my virginity, and a wise man said to me 'do you not feel guilty now, having had all that meat inside you?'
Alarica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 07:25 AM   #27
JCC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alarica View Post
I've said pretty much the same with regards to my own daughters (and my son too, but this case was a girl). If anyone ever touched a hair on their heads, such as ****/molest them, I would stop at nothing to get justice.
Revenge isn't justice.
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 07:37 AM   #28
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
I've said pretty much the same with regards to my own daughters (and my son too, but this case was a girl). If anyone ever touched a hair on their heads, such as ****/molest them, I would stop at nothing to get justice. It's all well and good sitting here saying violence is wrong, and it is, but parents do irrational things when someone does something like this to their child. In an idea world you would hope they would be locked up and forced to be bubbas bitch, but the reality is, that NEVER happens. I know a woman whos bf at the time, sexually abused her 5yr old and did so much damage she needed corrective surgeries. A FUCKING CHILD who had more damage caused to her than that of a grown woman giving birth naturally to 6 babies ffs. He was locked up for 18 MONTHS. I would fully support the mother if she did the same with petrol and lighter. Only I'd suggest she do it slower and make the bastard suffer.
So you think that a child who has gone through **** deserves a mother who would **** and torture someone, rather than a mother who is kind of full of grace?
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 08:45 AM   #29
Tam Li Hua

Whoa. That's crazy.

I can understand being tempted to hurt him back in some way, but I think this lady took things a bit too far. x_x;;
Old 04-09-2009, 08:51 AM   #30
Alarica

No, I said that parents do irrational things when something awful happens to their child. Not all parents do, and not all parents will, but it's also very easy to say how wrong it was without understanding the parents point of view, if you dont have kids. And whereas revenge isnt the answer, and certainly isnt rational justice, to a parent whos child has been harmed and then let down by a system meant to protect the innocent and punish the guilty, to that parent it is acceptable. I'm not saying what this woman did was ok. I'm saying I can understand what drove her to do what she did.

It isn't right that people do these things to others, children or other adults, and then get a reduced sentence because they plead mental issues rendered them unable to restrain themselves. And it isnt right parents take the law into their own hands either and can claim mental issues were the reason, but it is more understandable why the parent seeks revenge. We protect our young, and in cases like this the mother probably just saw red and wanted the man to suffer and die, and didnt consider the consequence of that, would mean her daughter losing both her innocence AND her mother.

Some countries have the death sentence for murderers, but what is there for rapists and child abusers? Locking them up for a few years then letting them go free to do it again is hardly justice either. I dont know how it works in the US but in the UK we have nothing. Our children are exposed to convicted and released ********** daily, because they are released into heavily populated areas and housed near schools, and we don't have the right to know where they are.

I was a vegetarian until I lost my virginity, and a wise man said to me 'do you not feel guilty now, having had all that meat inside you?'
Old 04-09-2009, 09:11 AM   #31
JCC

Quote:
and we don't have the right to know where they are.
Yeah, to protect people who've served their punishment from idiots like you who think it's understandable to set fire to them.
Old 04-09-2009, 09:49 AM   #32
Beneath the Shadows

I hope she got the book thrown at her.

last.fm

Help my MiniCity grow
Help my MiniCity's industry
Beneath the Shadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 09:50 AM   #33
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
No, I said that parents do irrational things when something awful happens to their child. Not all parents do, and not all parents will, but it's also very easy to say how wrong it was without understanding the parents point of view, if you dont have kids. And whereas revenge isnt the answer, and certainly isnt rational justice, to a parent whos child has been harmed and then let down by a system meant to protect the innocent and punish the guilty, to that parent it is acceptable. I'm not saying what this woman did was ok. I'm saying I can understand what drove her to do what she did.

It isn't right that people do these things to others, children or other adults, and then get a reduced sentence because they plead mental issues rendered them unable to restrain themselves. And it isnt right parents take the law into their own hands either and can claim mental issues were the reason, but it is more understandable why the parent seeks revenge. We protect our young, and in cases like this the mother probably just saw red and wanted the man to suffer and die, and didnt consider the consequence of that, would mean her daughter losing both her innocence AND her mother.

Some countries have the death sentence for murderers, but what is there for rapists and child abusers? Locking them up for a few years then letting them go free to do it again is hardly justice either. I dont know how it works in the US but in the UK we have nothing. Our children are exposed to convicted and released ********** daily, because they are released into heavily populated areas and housed near schools, and we don't have the right to know where they are.
Don't pull that "you don't have kids, you don't understand" bullshit.
Old 04-09-2009, 10:49 AM   #34
Tam Li Hua

Ophie: To be fair, I think it really is difficult to understand parental mentality completely until you have a little one of your own.

That being said, though, I don't believe that most sane parents would actually carry through with such ludicrous revenge scemes. They may consider it, but I think a good parent would realize that their kid needs them to stay out of jail and out of trouble with the law.
Old 04-09-2009, 11:00 AM   #35
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tam Li Hua View Post
Ophie: To be fair, I think it really is difficult to understand parental mentality completely until you have a little one of your own.
That's completely true.
However, it's asinine to say I would do something equally horrible.
Old 04-11-2009, 12:07 AM   #36
blackwater1110

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underwater Ophelia View Post
That's completely true.
However, it's asinine to say I would do something equally horrible.
Ophie, I give your argument a 4.

And your asinine.

HA!
blackwater1110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 05:25 AM   #37
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwater1110 View Post
Ophie, I give your argument a 4.

And your asinine.

HA!
I'm ok with your bad grammar, don't worry about it.
Old 04-11-2009, 11:03 AM   #38
JCC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underwater Ophelia View Post
I'm ok with your bad grammar, don't worry about it.
It's a play on words.

Asinine = ass a nine.
Old 04-11-2009, 02:46 PM   #39
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCC View Post
It's a play on words.

Asinine = ass a nine.
My ass a nine?
What does that even mean?
Old 04-11-2009, 02:57 PM   #40
JCC

He gives your argument a four, but your ass a nine, four and nine out of whatever the maximum mark is on his scale of appreciation, most likely out of ten but it could potentially be any number.
Old 04-11-2009, 03:08 PM   #41
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCC View Post
He gives your argument a four, but your ass a nine, four and nine out of whatever the maximum mark is on his scale of appreciation, most likely out of ten but it could potentially be any number.
Oh.
That is pretty funny.
Old 04-11-2009, 08:14 PM   #42
Joker_in_the_Pack

Quote:

You've never known anyone that's done hard time, have you?

Child molesters get the ungodly shit kicked out of them in prison.

Secondly, even by your own stupid eye for eye mentality, murder isn't equal to ****. I don't care how fucked **** is, you're still fucking ALIVE.
Because before too long there'll be nothing left alive, not a creature on the land or sea, a bird in the sky. They'll be shot, harpooned, eaten, and hunted too much, vivisected by the clever men who prove that there's no such things as a fair world with live and let live. The Royal family go hunting, what an example to give to the people they lead and that don't include me, I've seen enough pain and torture of those who can't speak...

- Tough Shit, Mickey by Conflict
Joker_in_the_Pack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 10:57 PM   #43
blackwater1110

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joker_in_the_Pack View Post

Secondly, even by your own stupid eye for eye mentality, murder isn't equal to ****. I don't care how fucked **** is, you're still fucking ALIVE.
Ahhhh, but if you're dead, you can't get *****. I win!
blackwater1110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 10:21 AM   #44
Alarica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joker_in_the_Pack View Post

You clearly know very little about the British prison service then. They segregate the fuckers, so all the pedos get their own little bit away from the criminals who would infact, kill them. The bloke who seriously abused a friends daughter and got 18 months? Walked out of prison without a scratch on him.

But yes, I know people who have served time. I happen to know someone who's serving time for kidnap and **** of a 17yr old girl. He did the driving, his brother did the ****. Not a single person who knows him believes for a minute he did it, but he's been convicted and serving his time. He has done 6yrs now and not been attacked once.

I know another man who was locked up because his daughter accused him of abusing her. It took 2yrs of being in prison and assessments and evidence to be brought, that cleared him of all charges. Nothing happened to him during those 2 yrs, despite him being behind bars accused of kiddy fiddling, and he is now a free man. He left prison unscathed too.

I know people who have served time for fraud, drugs, dangerous weapons, GBH etc, and I come from a family with several police officers in it, so I am more than aware of the shitty system this country has. Child abusers, pedos and child killers all get special treatment in that they are protected by the system.

Old 04-12-2009, 10:34 AM   #45
JCC

Quote:
I know people who have served time for fraud, drugs, dangerous weapons, GBH etc, and I come from a family with several police officers in it, so I am more than aware of the shitty system this country has. Child abusers, pedos and child killers all get special treatment in that they are protected by the system.
Blaaaah. Face it, you're a fucking loony with grandiose delusions of unleashing puritanical rage upon criminals like the housewife equivalent of Batman, lurking in the shadows with a 'Mum Knows Best' apron and a rolling pin with razorblades on it.
Old 04-12-2009, 11:44 AM   #46
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:

But yes, I know people who have served time. I happen to know someone who's serving time for kidnap and **** of a 17yr old girl. He did the driving, his brother did the ****. Not a single person who knows him believes for a minute he did it, but he's been convicted and serving his time. He has done 6yrs now and not been attacked once.
Wait, you're not implying that this man shouldn't be in prison, right?
Old 04-12-2009, 03:34 PM   #47
Jonathan

Maybe I'm just intolerant, but for facilitating the **** of a young girl I think being put down is a more appropriate response than prison.

There's just something about that particular action that makes me really angry.
Jonathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 03:58 PM   #48
Godslayer Jillian

Even more than the **** itself. Seriously.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote