Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 12-14-2008, 07:38 PM   #1
Neurasthenis

Ghosts.

I hate people.
I hate people who pretend to see ghosts all the time, who pretend to be mediums, who pretend to have clairvoyant dreams. I hate people who pretend to have been abducted by aliens. I hate people who pretend to have seen UFOS. But that is just a slide... Most and for all, I hate fake mediums.

There is no such thing as ghosts. I am not closed minded; as a fact, I am very open minded and receptive when it comes to theories, but ghosts do not exist. Sometimes it feels like everyone on this stupid planet has been ***** by aliens or have seen ghosts or heard dead people fucking - I seem to be the only sane individual to have ever existed.

Am I alone?
Neurasthenis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 07:50 PM   #2
Deadmanwalking_05

I hate fakes as well.

9x29mmR : The Choice Of Millions for the last 100-107 years.
Deadmanwalking_05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 07:51 PM   #3
MollyMac

You are alone.

You and Jillian are utterly alone.
Old 12-14-2008, 07:59 PM   #4
ÇâlegaDominú

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadmanwalking_05
I hate fakes as well.
And I hate creepy people.
ÇâlegaDominú is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 08:01 PM   #5
Deadmanwalking_05

If you're talking unexplained happenings and dreams that seem to come true,that is where we differ.

As I've written before that it could have been the massive head trauma, But on september the 12th 2005 I "fought" for control of my body and soul.
I defeated the reaper and crawled back into my body.

And tried to sit up after being declared D.O.S (Dead On Scene) for 15-20 minutes.

9x29mmR : The Choice Of Millions for the last 100-107 years.
Deadmanwalking_05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 08:10 PM   #6
Neurasthenis

'R@pe' is censored but not 'fucking'. Best board ever
Old 12-14-2008, 08:11 PM   #7
Haunted House

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neurasthenis
There is no such thing as ghosts.
Can you prove this?
Old 12-14-2008, 08:20 PM   #8
ÇâlegaDominú

No he cannot.
ÇâlegaDominú is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 11:17 PM   #9
NightmareInShiningArmour

Is there proof otherwise?
If you look hard enough you'll find it.

I believe in ghosts. That they are they everywhere? No.

Mediums are stupid, yes. A little... Theory? that I have is that they can see exactly the same thing as you and I, however they know what they're looking for and many a time exaggerate it.

A lot of things have happened to do with ghosts. A friend of mine believes there are aliens, I my self am not entirely convinced but he said something that applies to almost everything in life. "Keep in mind, almost 90% of what you hear is complete bullshit". You're probably going to say something along the lines of "everyone who's allegedly seen a ghost before was either: high, faking it for attention, faking it for other reasons or part of a mental asylum.

There's my badly constructed post in reply to the OP.
Old 12-15-2008, 08:27 AM   #10
Tam Li Hua

Well, I can understand hating fakes. However, there are many folks who honestly believe in such things.

I myself am not convinced one way or the other about ghosts, but I -do- believe in the Spiritual Realm, and that it's a mysterious, frightening, and awesome thing that none of us will fully understand in this lifetime....if ever.

Thus, you will probably be hard-pressed to get me to spend the night in a haunted anything, much less that old abandoned insane asylum up the street.

I've no desire to be a character in a bad horror movie, thank you. ^_^;;;
Old 12-15-2008, 11:03 AM   #11
Alarica

On saying ghosts do not exist, you should talk to my kids. My 12yr old has seen the ghost of the old lady who lived here since we moved in, going on 5yrs nearly. I have also seen her. She moves things in my eldests room. I have the ghost of an elderly man here also, but he scares my kids. My son has awful nightmares for days after a visit from this 1. 2 of us have seen the ghost of a young boy in the garden, as well as a man. So I'm afraid I dont agree with you. Seeing is believing. It is ok not to believe. My partner didnt, until the youngest of our daughters told him things she cant have known.

As for mediums, I know a few people who claim to be, and as yet only 1 has managed to prove she really is worthy of the title. Nobody knows about my family, yet she knew everything. Many of them are fake though, I agree.

I do think hate is a strong word mind you. It's an overused emotional word. How can you hate something that has done you no wrong? Why are you so offended by other peoples beliefs anyway?
Alarica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 11:10 AM   #12
Albert Mond

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alarica
On saying ghosts do not exist, you should talk to my kids. My 12yr old has seen the ghost of the old lady who lived here since we moved in, going on 5yrs nearly. I have also seen her. She moves things in my eldests room. I have the ghost of an elderly man here also, but he scares my kids. My son has awful nightmares for days after a visit from this 1. 2 of us have seen the ghost of a young boy in the garden, as well as a man. So I'm afraid I dont agree with you. Seeing is believing. It is ok not to believe. My partner didnt, until the youngest of our daughters told him things she cant have known.
You're in Britain, right? I've heard there are quite a few ghosts over there.
Albert Mond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 11:22 AM   #13
tekajo

Quote:
I hate people
Amen, brother.

Quote:
I hate people who pretend to see ghosts all the time
Right, right. That's got to get confusing at some point.

Quote:
(I hate people)...who pretend to be mediums, who pretend to have clairvoyant dreams.
i know. Dirty scoundrels. Charlatans. i like to fuck with them.

Quote:
I hate people who pretend to have been abducted by aliens
That one scared me as a little kid. It was worse than Santa.

Quote:
I hate people who pretend to have seen UFOs
First time i saw a stealth fighter it was a UFO to me. Because i didn't know what the hell it was.

Quote:
I hate fake mediums
Yeah...wait...what? As opposed to real mediums?

Quote:
Hmm.

Quote:
I am not closed minded; as a fact, I am very open minded and receptive when it comes to theories, but ghosts do not exist. Sometimes it feels like everyone on this stupid planet has been fondled by aliens or have seen ghosts or heard dead people fucking - I seem to be the only sane individual to have ever existed.

Am I alone?
It's because ghosts and aliens hate you.

i hate people who will tell me that what i saw was indeed not real. They will insist that i was high. Or simply that i imagined what i saw.

It happened over 15 years ago and i can recall just about every detail about the night. And i'm fairly certain i'll be able to do so in 15 years from now.

i was not alone that night either. My older cousin also witnessed it. We were not high. We didn't imagine it. We were a little under ten feet away from something that looked like a woman floating a few feet above the ground. Her gown was swaying in the summer wind.

i've never seen anything like it again. i GO LOOKING for this type of stuff. On occasion i hang out at the old Spanish Mission cemetery here at night...to see if i can recreate the experience.

i can't vouch for people who cliam they're living the Sixth Sense life, but i personally have seen something that would lead me to believe that ghosts do exist.
tekajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 11:37 AM   #14
Alarica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Mond
You're in Britain, right? I've heard there are quite a few ghosts over there.
Yep lol. But they arent everywhere, and they arent around ALL the time. I live in an old house too, on land that was originally part of a huge saxon settlement.
Old 12-15-2008, 11:47 AM   #15
Beneath the Shadows

Quote:
I hate people.
Which explains why you feel the need to communicate your feelings to people.

Quote:
I hate people who pretend to see ghosts all the time, who pretend to be mediums, who pretend to have clairvoyant dreams. I hate people who pretend to have been abducted by aliens. I hate people who pretend to have seen UFOS. But that is just a slide... Most and for all, I hate fake mediums.
Yeah, it's pretty lame to have to pretend.

Quote:
I disagree.

Quote:
I am not closed minded; as a fact, I am very open minded and receptive when it comes to theories, but ghosts do not exist.
If you were so open-minded and receptive, you would never declare such a thing as fact.

Quote:
Sometimes it feels like everyone on this stupid planet has been ***** by aliens or have seen ghosts or heard dead people fucking - I seem to be the only sane individual to have ever existed.
...sure....

Quote:
Am I alone?
Of course you are. You hate people, remember?

last.fm

Help my MiniCity grow
Help my MiniCity's industry
Beneath the Shadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 12:11 PM   #16
Neurasthenis

I used big words for the reaction here. I don't 'hate' people who pretend to have seen fantastic things, I just find it dissapointing.

I can't 'prove' that ghosts exist, because it is just a speculation - What makes it hard to believe people when they talk about ghosts is that they are the easiest thing to make up. You can build your own lies and legends about it and just spread them around carelessly. It is an easy way to magnet people's attention, because nobody will 'prove' you wrong in your safe reality.

Because ghost stories are so popular, people just tend to accept the lies they hear first on. It has almost become accepted as 'fact' with nothing but witness accounts to back it. That is why it is SO easy to lie about that kind of stuff and why there are so many sceptics around, like me.

Honestly, I wish it was proven to be true. Ghosts are a nice part of folklore and make life seem less void. Though lately, the more I hear about it, the less probable it becomes to my ears. Especially when a bunch of self-proclamed 'mediums' pretend to be in contact with my dead father. Kill zone.

Contrary to what I stated, I am not firmly convinced that they do not exist, because I do not like to claim certitude. But, simply phrasing 'that is because you've never seen them' seems to be the only valid argument nowadays. There are so many things that could be the natural and logical source of what you first interpreted as 'ghosts', but people would rather not think about it and just tell everyone they've seen dead people.
Old 12-15-2008, 12:16 PM   #17
Apathy's_Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haunted House
Can you prove this?
Can you prove that you aren't the only real person in the world and that everyone else isn't a machine with a pink bunny inside working the controls?

I mean, you don't have to. You could just take the word of Alarica's kids as proof.

Witches have no wit, said the magician who was weak.
Hula, hula, said the witches. - Norman Mailer
Apathy's_Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 12:32 PM   #18
Tam Li Hua

Quote:
I used big words for the reaction here. I don't 'hate' people who pretend to have seen fantastic things, I just find it dissapointing.
Wait wait wait...do you hate folks who say they saw something, but didn't, or do you hate anyone who claims to have seen a ghost?

The two aren't the same thing, ya know.

Quote:
I can't 'prove' that ghosts exist, because it is just a speculation -
Quite right.

Quote:
What makes it hard to believe people when they talk about ghosts is that they are the easiest thing to make up. You can build your own lies and legends about it and just spread them around carelessly. It is an easy way to magnet people's attention, because nobody will 'prove' you wrong in your safe reality.
Well then, this would come down to a trust issue. Granted, if a hysterical stranger came up to me and said that ghosts were after him, of course I wouldn't believe him; he's a stranger. But, if my very rational best friend...whom I know is not prone to making up lies...tells me about a very bizarre experience in her bedroom with the spiritual realm, I'm more likely to trust she's telling me the truth.

You have to, of course, filter what you hear depending on the source. However, when you have your own experiences with the spiritual realm it sort of changes the game a little..

Quote:
Because ghost stories are so popular, people just tend to accept the lies they hear first on. It has almost become accepted as 'fact' with nothing but witness accounts to back it. That is why it is SO easy to lie about that kind of stuff and why there are so many sceptics around, like me.
So, what kind of evidence do you want? Ectoplasm?

Quote:
Honestly, I wish it was proven to be true. Ghosts are a nice part of folklore and make life seem less void. Though lately, the more I hear about it, the less probable it becomes to my ears. Especially when a bunch of self-proclamed 'mediums' pretend to be in contact with my dead father. Kill zone.
Aaaaaahh....I see the problem now.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this is the scenario I see: You missed your father, so you tried to contact him through mediums and such. Being unable to do so, you've declared that no ghosts exist anywhere, and that anyone who talks about seeing them is lying.

Have you considered the idea that perhaps your father Crossed Over, and thus is not able to contact you? Have you considered the idea that some spirits have -not- crossed over, thus making them 'ghosts'?

Quote:
Contrary to what I stated, I am not firmly convinced that they do not exist, because I do not like to claim certitude. But, simply phrasing 'that is because you've never seen them' seems to be the only valid argument nowadays. There are so many things that could be the natural and logical source of what you first interpreted as 'ghosts', but people would rather not think about it and just tell everyone they've seen dead people.
Who are these 'people' you keep talking about? I've never seen a ghost either, but I'm sure as hell that the Spiritual Realm exists.
Old 12-15-2008, 12:45 PM   #19
Haunted House

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightmareInShiningArmour
Is there proof otherwise?
If you look hard enough you'll find it.

I believe in ghosts. That they are they everywhere? No.

Theres really no distinct proof that they do exist either, but more evidence points to yes.

Are they everywhere? No, they're not.

Here's a theory that I like.

Ok so, as is known, the human body works by electrical impulses being sent back and forth from the brain to everywhere else in your body. Everything anyone does is controlled by electrical impulses. When someone dies their systems (heart, lungs, kidneys, etc and eventually brain) shut down. Since these systems are controlled by said electrical impulses, the electricity has to go somewhere since it can no longer work the dead bodily systems. It's a law of physics that energey can't be destroyed so it leaks from the body and into the atmosphere.

Now, if someone dies slowly and peacefully the energy is released slowly and less concentrated and will dissipate quickly, but if someone dies quickly and/or violently it jolts the energy right out and is very concentrated leaving a dense mass of the energy that once controlled the body. This won't dissipate quickly giving it time to be held in by the electromagnetic fields given off by things in the structures or areas that these people die in (electrical systems, old wiring, things with high voltage, etc).

"But, what about ghosts people claim come from time periods where there was no electricity? Ur stoopids Haunted House."

Shut up. It's not over. Now, in cases such as this I personally believe that the energy released at the time of death was still there. A quick and violent death still releases more concentrated energy making it take longer to dissipate (if it even dissipates at all). Sure, time goes on and this energy is still around, but it doesn't have anything to trap it. Yet, that is. Naturally existing electromagnetic fields gave this energy loose boundries and not much to work with when it came to manifestation, but when electricity began being installed in almost every household it tightend the boundries up, thus trapping the energy and giving it more feed to be able to make itself appear and making it more active.
Old 12-15-2008, 12:53 PM   #20
Albert Mond

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haunted House
Shut up. It's not over. Now, in cases such as this I personally believe that the energy released at the time of death was still there. A quick and violent death still releases more concentrated energy making it take longer to dissipate (if it even dissipates at all). Sure, time goes on and this energy is still around, but it doesn't have anything to trap it. Yet, that is. Naturally existing electromagnetic fields gave this energy loose boundries and not much to work with when it came to manifestation, but when electricity began being installed in almost every household it tightend the boundries up, thus trapping the energy and giving it more feed to be able to make itself appear and making it more active.
But what about the ghosts seen during periods before household electricity? Why not just explain those using the natural electromagnetism contained in the Earth's atmosphere?
Albert Mond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 01:05 PM   #21
Haunted House

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Mond
But what about the ghosts seen during periods before household electricity? Why not just explain those using the natural electromagnetism contained in the Earth's atmosphere?
Well, I said that the naturally existing fields didn't give them much to use when it came to manifestation. They still would have appeared during the time, but it would be fewer and more further between as they would need more time to take in the thinner dispersal of natural energy. Kinda like it takes longer to write a letter, have it picked up, brought to the person for whom it was intened, and read by that person than it is to make a phone call. The natural energy is like the letter writing and the instalation of electricity is like the phone call. (For those of you who don't understand, I made whats called, an analogy.) Technology makes things easier for the living as well as the dead. Hah.

Mind you this is just a half-baked theory, but it's not hard for one to draw their own conclusions. I fully expect it to be torn to shreds, though.
Old 12-15-2008, 01:10 PM   #22
Neurasthenis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tam Li Hua
Wait wait wait...do you hate folks who say they saw something, but didn't, or do you hate anyone who claims to have seen a ghost?

The two aren't the same thing, ya know.
I don't like people who claim to have seen a ghost, but didn't. I can't really hold any emotions for the later.

Quote:

Well then, this would come down to a trust issue. Granted, if a hysterical stranger came up to me and said that ghosts were after him, of course I wouldn't believe him; he's a stranger. But, if my very rational best friend...whom I know is not prone to making up lies...tells me about a very bizarre experience in her bedroom with the spiritual realm, I'm more likely to trust she's telling me the truth.

You have to, of course, filter what you hear depending on the source. However, when you have your own experiences with the spiritual realm it sort of changes the game a little..
You are half right - It depends on the case here. Since ghosts cannot be proven wrong and could thus be considered a 'passive lie', anyone (even a friend) could be tempted to make up such a story. It doesn't hurt. I trust my friends and familly, but I don't think it is always wrong to be cautious when something sounds illicit.

Quote:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this is the scenario I see: You missed your father, so you tried to contact him through mediums and such. Being unable to do so, you've declared that no ghosts exist anywhere, and that anyone who talks about seeing them is lying.

Have you considered the idea that perhaps your father Crossed Over, and thus is not able to contact you? Have you considered the idea that some spirits have -not- crossed over, thus making them 'ghosts'?
Wrong; I have not been looking after mediums. I've had people around me claiming to be mediums for a while though, who I defenately trusted until the day they approached me with a bunch of made up stories on how they heard my father trying to 'communicate' with me. Pretty much turned the aggressive switch. The worst thing you can do to provocate me, is to attempt to alter the memories I have of those I love who passed away, by telling me things they never said. Positive or not.

Quote:

Who are these 'people' you keep talking about? I've never seen a ghost either, but I'm sure as hell that the Spiritual Realm exists.
Depends what you mean by 'Spiritual Realm'. I don't believe in empty space, so I dont get along with atheists, but I think most 'New Age Spirituality' theories sound ridiculous. What makes you -so- certain though?

Sorry if I dont make sense or seem to contradict myself in words sometimes, it's been a while since I used that language :P. Hope my point's understandable nonetheless.
Old 12-15-2008, 01:24 PM   #23
Tam Li Hua

Quote:
I don't like people who claim to have seen a ghost, but didn't. I can't really hold any emotions for the later.
Then you really should have made that clear from the beginning.

Quote:
You are half right - It depends on the case here. Since ghosts cannot be proven wrong and could thus be considered a 'passive lie', anyone (even a friend) could be tempted to make up such a story. It doesn't hurt. I trust my friends and familly, but I don't think it is always wrong to be cautious when something sounds illicit.
Uh huh..

The problem is, it seems, that you may not be able to tell when someone is messing with you, and when they are serious. Sure, someone may mess with you and say they saw a ghost when they didn't, but what if they are serious, and actually saw what they believe is a ghost?

Quote:
Wrong; I have not been looking after mediums. I've had people around me claiming to be mediums for a while though, who I defenately trusted until the day they approached me with a bunch of made up stories on how they heard my father trying to 'communicate' with me. Pretty much turned the aggressive switch. The worst thing you can do to provocate me, is to attempt to alter the memories I have of those I love who passed away, by telling me things they never said. Positive or not.
Ahh, the truth reveals itself even further.

It seems that you aren't upset about the idea of ghosts as much as you are upset at the idea that these folks claimed that your father talked to them.

Now that I can understand; when my mom died, my sister's best friend claimed that she heard my mom talking to her and telling her to stop crying, and that she was okay now. [My mom was in a lot of pain right before she died.]

I know that grief does a lot of bizarre things to folks, so it's entirely possible that this was simply some kind of hallucination on the friend's part, or quite possibly a lie.

Or, it actually happened. [I can actually see my mom doing this sort of thing; it's totally in her character.]

Either way, though, I can understand why it would upset you. If you want to talk to someone about losing a parent, feel free to PM me or email me at tamlihua@mindless.com.

*hugs* and I'm sorry for your loss. [I'm not sure if I said that before.]

Quote:
Depends what you mean by 'Spiritual Realm'. I don't believe in empty space, so I dont get along with atheists, but I think most 'New Age Spirituality' theories sound ridiculous.
Likewise.

Quote:
What makes you -so- certain though?
Like I said, once you've had your own experiences with the Spiritual Realm, it sort of changes the playing field a bit.

I had a lot of...odd experiences during my last year of living overseas. These odd experiences led to me coming back to the states to stay for a while. A week after I landed, my mom got really sick. [I didn't know she was sick at all before; I hadn't had much communication with her or any family members while overseas.] Six months later, she passed on.

If those events hadn't happened, I would never have given up on my dream of living overseas, and I would never have been home to be with her during her last six months on earth.

It was agonizing, but the only thing I can attribute such an experience to is God and The Spiritual Realm. It's just waaaaaaaaay too much to be simple 'coincidence'.

Quote:
Sorry if I dont make sense or seem to contradict myself in words sometimes, it's been a while since I used that language :P. Hope my point's understandable nonetheless.
...what language..? English...? *confused*
Old 12-15-2008, 01:56 PM   #24
Alarica

Haunted house, I heard exactly the same thing, and looked into it, and my house (well the whole street really) falls into place with the theory. I have electricity sub stations at each end of the street in proportion, a large industrial estate a few streets over, aswell as a massive housing estate now between my street and a train station, and plenty of water. Apparently we are on a 'fault'. It was also suggested other people will experience things near me, but that because we are open to the idea of spirits, we notice them. Despite seeing them, I still wouldnt throw out the possibility that there is a perfectly reasonable scientific explaination though.
Old 12-15-2008, 02:40 PM   #25
Neurasthenis

Quote:

Uh huh..

The problem is, it seems, that you may not be able to tell when someone is messing with you, and when they are serious. Sure, someone may mess with you and say they saw a ghost when they didn't, but what if they are serious, and actually saw what they believe is a ghost?
If they weren't serious, I wouldn't be pissed :P But I see your point. No point in discussing this any further.

Quote:

Ahh, the truth reveals itself even further.

It seems that you aren't upset about the idea of ghosts as much as you are upset at the idea that these folks claimed that your father talked to them.

Now that I can understand; when my mom died, my sister's best friend claimed that she heard my mom talking to her and telling her to stop crying, and that she was okay now. [My mom was in a lot of pain right before she died.]

I know that grief does a lot of bizarre things to folks, so it's entirely possible that this was simply some kind of hallucination on the friend's part, or quite possibly a lie.

Or, it actually happened. [I can actually see my mom doing this sort of thing; it's totally in her character.]

Either way, though, I can understand why it would upset you. If you want to talk to someone about losing a parent, feel free to PM me or email me at tamlihua@mindless.com.

*hugs* and I'm sorry for your loss. [I'm not sure if I said that before.]
You seem like a nice person, thanks for saying this. Though my father died a couple years ago, I was more annoyed by people telling me stuff about my father that he would never normally say. Even if its 'good' things, when I think about my father I want to remember the things he did do and did say.

Quote:

It was agonizing, but the only thing I can attribute such an experience to is God and The Spiritual Realm. It's just waaaaaaaaay too much to be simple 'coincidence'.
One day, we will know.

Quote:

...what language..? English...? *confused*
I'm not english, and being more used to french grammar structure I am always worried my sentences may come out twisted.