Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 10-23-2007, 10:47 PM   #1
DarkGentleman

Accused of...

Today was a pretty twisted day for me, work was good and all, until after work, and things went to the worse. Allow me to explain:

After work, a guy came up to me, told me to stay away from his wife, and I didn't even know what the fuck he was talking about. I said, "Dude, you must be mistaken, I don't fool around with or steal some guy's gf or spouse".
He said that heard from someone that it was me that his wife was "seeing", and I said "First of all, I don't your wife and second, I may have female friends, but I would never interfere with their relationships or marriages, NEVER". Then he went on saying I was bullshittin' him, pushed me around and hit me on the head.
Suddenly this woman yells "Leave him the fuck alone, are you insane?!! What’s wrong with you?!!". It turned to be his wife and she told her husband that she didn't know me at all. My head was spinning while they were arguing and some young lady helped me up. I sat at the bench nearby with a whole lot of mixed emotions and confused about all this.
After a while, the man's wife came to me, apologized for his behavior and asked me not to press assault charges against him. I asked her "Why are you apologizing, he's the one who fucking hit me and accused me of all this shit, I don't need this from anybody!" Somehow he still refused to have the fucking balls to apologize, so I thought fuck it, charge him. Cops came and I told my side of the story and I asked if I could drop the charges later.
I am not a bad person and yet I can be too forgiving, so I am still debating if I should drop the assault charges or not.

This isn't the first time something like this has happened, I have female friends, big whoop-dee-doo, I value my friendships more, and I show total respect for their happiness with whoever they are with. Like I said, I would NEVER cross the line by trying to steal them or become the "lover", NEVER!
Personally, I think most men are soooo insecure that they need to start trusting people more (and their spouses), or more like trying to know me better so that way I don't make them feel like I'm a threat to them.

Man, fucking soap opera bullshit!

Forgive for my frustrations in this thread; I am so fucking lost in this situation.
DarkGentleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 10:56 PM   #2
DarkGentleman

Another thing I forgot to add:

I am single only for the fact that I wasn't looking for a relationship, I'm letting a relationship find me. Plain and simple with no pressure.
DarkGentleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 11:02 PM   #3
L'Oiseau Noir

I say press charges against the motherfucker.

He didn't have a right to hit you; his ass deserves to be dragged to court. Maybe if this happens to him, he'll think twice about hitting the next random guy he thinks is seeing his wife. I hate people like this.

D.G, drag him through hell and back.

"I love Wagner, but the music I prefer is that of a cat hung up by its tail outside a window and trying to stick to the panes of glass with its claws." - Charles Baudelaire

L'Oiseau Noir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 11:07 PM   #4
cyberdark

Well I think you put different things here, first is the legal issue, after the feelings are cooled good people tends to feel guilt and try to help and solve things.
In bussiness this is a terrible thing, your opponents puts pressure (hit in the head) and then puts it self in a pity situation... but I advice you to follow your instinct, you sense something is wrong... well you know you are ALL the guys, because this angry husband, even if we can share his rage, is willing just to hit annyone, well that is wrong...
May be you really need is this guy to tell you he is sorry, he was wrong and you dont deserve his actitude... law is going to punish him but is not going to make u feel better.

May be you can talk to the guy straight forward, confront your "fear" anf get what you really want...
cyberdark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 11:12 PM   #5
Wormboy

Man that sucks D.G. Thank god it didn't happen to me. I would have been fine up until the head hitting. At that point I'd have kicked him in the face. (steel toe boots hehe)

Kontan - "Eventually, you ended up looking like the freaking grim reaper towards the end of the game.
Now we got this cracked out jungle hobo...."
Wormboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 04:11 AM   #6
Nevan

I agree with L'Oiseau Noir - pressing charges was the right thing to do. If he doesn't have the nerve to be a man and take responsibility for his action then make him own up to it.

It might feel uncomfortable at first to take such action against another person, but there comes a stage where you have to stop playing the victim. You deserve to be treated with dignity and respect, same like everyone else.

You sound like a very sensible person afterall, so you'll be able to judge when this man has learned something from this whole encounter and when it's time for you to ease-up and move on.

I'm sorry you had this bad experience nonetheless.

Alas! Must it ever be so?
Do we stand in our own light, wherever we go,
And fight our own shadows forever?
- Edward Bulwer-Lytton
Nevan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 06:21 AM   #7
HellforgedX

I think this guy might be abusive in general, maybe he needs a good dose of reality showing him he can't just walk up to someone and hit them. Don't drop the charges. Good luck.
Old 10-24-2007, 07:00 AM   #8
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
Under no circumstances is somone justified to hit somone else because of a hunch they have, at that rate I could go around shooting guys with beards and turbans on hte street because I have a hunch they might be Osama Bin ladin. If he beat you lke that I'm betting he also beats his wife, her defense of him just shows that it's like she is used to this kind of behavior(possible wifebeater).

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 07:11 AM   #9
Drake Dun

Press charges. You'll prevent the same thing from happening to someone else down the line. That type of shit has to be nipped in the bud.

Drake
Drake Dun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 10:33 AM   #10
Underwater Ophelia

I say press charges. This kind of behavior suggests he has some deeper issue, and he's more likely to get the help he needs if this gets more serious--i.e. if he gets in trouble.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 10:40 AM   #11
Methadrine

...or if he beat his wife on the head next time.

"Meow. Mew. Mrow. Maow? Miaox." - Lovely Delkaetre speaks cat.
Methadrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 10:55 AM   #12
TopHaggardDoll

TAKE DAT BITCH DOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway, I agree with everyone else, press charges, he's obviously a violent prick with no place in polite society.

You're a nice guy, you don't deserve that crap.
Old 10-24-2007, 01:58 PM   #13
DarkPrayer

Location: In a place covered in darkness but filled with only good people
Press charges? I don't think you should. Either he was mistaken, or just being an asshole. His wife seemed nice enough, and asked for forgiveness, so maybe you should just threaten to place charges UNLESS he apologizes. if he doesn't, his wife will know that she married an asshole and all will be well. Pressing charges is a bit to harsh, but...well if he's such a jackass, so ahead!
DarkPrayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 04:18 PM   #14
Draconysius

Press charges. If he's that violent about superstition of his wife cheating on him, then he needs time away from her, and vice versa. Maybe she'll grow a brain while he's away.
Draconysius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 04:30 PM   #15
LadyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkPrayer
Press charges? I don't think you should. Either he was mistaken, or just being an asshole. His wife seemed nice enough, and asked for forgiveness, so maybe you should just threaten to place charges UNLESS he apologizes. if he doesn't, his wife will know that she married an asshole and all will be well. Pressing charges is a bit to harsh, but...well if he's such a jackass, so ahead!

I don't see how it is too harsh. The option of pressing assault charges exists for just this reason. This nutter assaulted DG. He's behaving like a school-yard bully, and needs to learn that there are consequences for his actions.
Old 10-24-2007, 04:33 PM   #16
Steppenwolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellforgedX
I think this guy might be abusive in general, maybe he needs a good dose of reality showing him he can't just walk up to someone and hit them. Don't drop the charges. Good luck.
That's the same I think . Abusive motherfuckers deserve that . Just do it dg , you are only using your own rights as another human being , he was who started all the story , he is the guilty one , not you ...
Old 10-24-2007, 04:53 PM   #17
Christina_Death1334

I would press charges. He assaulted you without reason (well, he THOUGHT he had one). You should press charges. He did it, let him recieve his punishment.
Christina_Death1334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 02:30 PM   #18
Shadows_Jukebox

well i think you should say you'll drop the charges IF he gets anger management... seriosuly if a man just starts taking his anger out on someone without even having evidence to support him, must have some form of anger issue.
Shadows_Jukebox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 03:05 PM   #19
killer_asian_Dax

I'm sorry such a thing happened to you DG. People these days...geez! If he didn't have the balls to say he's sorry even after his wife told him that she doesn't know you from a can a paint, then he needs to be shown the error of his ways one way or another. (I'm not saying seek revenge.)

By his wife coming to you an apologizing on his behalf suggests that it's not the first time such a thing has happened and she's come down with "battered woman syndrome." If she knew anything, she would know that she shouldn't have to be apologizing for HIS actions and that she shouldn't be making excuses for such a half wit.

You're not a bad person by pressing charges. You're a kind person by doing so.

Do the right thing and press charges. You deserved none of what you got.

My crappy Myspace
killer_asian_Dax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 01:53 PM   #20
DarkPrayer

Location: In a place covered in darkness but filled with only good people
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyStardust
I don't see how it is too harsh. The option of pressing assault charges exists for just this reason. This nutter assaulted DG. He's behaving like a school-yard bully, and needs to learn that there are consequences for his actions.
You're right, I'm sorry. *hangs head in shame*. Anyways, I agree now. I saw something like this happen yesterday to a goth scene/boy and this averadge boy. The averadge/jock boy was telling him to, "fuck off" and that Starbucks was for "normal" people. I was FURIOUS at the way they treated him and was all like, "Yo, leave that guy alone asshole! He has just as much right as you to sit at Starbucks! You should fuck off not him!"
DarkPrayer is offline   Reply With Quote