Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 11-25-2009, 10:04 AM   #76
Still Jack

No, Tam's back. Fuck.

.GTFO YOU UGLY ABOMINATION!!!
Old 11-25-2009, 10:10 AM   #77
gothicusmaximus

Actually, what's frightening is that I think Tam may be the smartest person I know to ever admit to using Gaia.
gothicusmaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 10:11 AM   #78
Tam Li Hua

Malice: It's not a kid's site, dumbass, and when a kid makes a login, it's pretty damned obvious. And they get reported by, guess what? The other registered members on the site.

Those who -do- try to be sexual on the site or who are underaged are dealt with pretty harshly by not just the admins, but the members as well.

If you don't like dressing up avatars for whatever reason, or are pissed off at Gaia for some other weird reason, then that's not my fault: I enjoy the site, I will keep dressing up my avatar, and I will continue having more fulfilling discussions about things that don't involve defending my right to actually speak my opinion without getting flamed by insecure assholes.
Old 11-25-2009, 10:12 AM   #79
Still Jack

Didn't you read my post? What are you still doing here? Go and get ***** by pitbulls!!!
Old 11-25-2009, 10:13 AM   #80
Tam Li Hua

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still Jack View Post
Didn't you read my post? What are you still doing here? Go and get ***** by pitbulls!!!
*puts you on ignore*

Guess what? You don't like it? USE YOUR DAMNED IGNORE LIST!
Old 11-25-2009, 10:16 AM   #81
Malice In Wonderland

GM, should "smartest person," and "admit to using Gaia" be used in the same sentence?

"One mohawk wasn't enough to keep up with how badass he is so he had to get two." - Haunted House, about me, YEAH, ME!

Terror Nuclear,Terror Nuclear
Malice In Wonderland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 10:36 AM   #82
JCC

Insecure? I'm not insecure, you're the one whose primary listed interest is your fucking husband.
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 10:38 AM   #83
Plaga

Quote:
Originally Posted by gothicusmaximus View Post
Well, you forgot that you're apocalyptically stupid, which is pretty much the most obvious one. Next to fat, of course.
To answer your question, whatever 'hate' you perceive on these boards is accountable to the presence of people, like yourself, who inspire passionate hatred.
There you go, thread over.

Why so hostile towards fatties? I thought a forum like this would be the last place in which someone would be made fun of for not subscribing to the contemporary ideal of beauty. Aren't you all supposed to be counter culture rebellious souls of some kind? Your comment would be more suitable in some celebrity fashion magazine, perhaps alongside a comment about Lindsay Lohan's black hair roots or Sarah jessica parker's "giant hands".
Plaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 10:39 AM   #84
Tam Li Hua

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCC View Post
Insecure? I'm not insecure, you're the one whose primary listed interest is your fucking husband.
It is? Must have been just after the wedding that I changed it last. lol

That being said, I don't know how being interested in my Beloved equals insecurity, but whatever.

Edit: I checked. I listed a couple of other things I'm interested in, and by no means am ONLY interested in my husband. *rolls eyes*

Last edited by Tam Li Hua; 11-25-2009 at 10:43 AM. Reason: to further combat idiocy
Tam Li Hua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 10:51 AM   #85
JCC

Because if somebody asks you what you like and you say "My husband", you are either very dull or very dependent.
Old 11-25-2009, 10:59 AM   #86
Equivalence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plaga View Post
Why so hostile towards fatties? I thought a forum like this would be the last place in which someone would be made fun of for not subscribing to the contemporary ideal of beauty. Aren't you all supposed to be counter culture rebellious souls of some kind? Your comment would be more suitable in some celebrity fashion magazine, perhaps alongside a comment about Lindsay Lohan's black hair roots or Sarah jessica parker's "giant hands".
I have a feeling like I am grasping on to trollbait, but there is a vast difference between "the contemporary ideal of beauty" and being very overweight.
Equivalence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 11:09 AM   #87
Still Jack

Quote:
Be fair, she likes Spongebob too...
Old 11-25-2009, 11:17 AM   #88
Tam Li Hua

Quote:
Because if somebody asks you what you like and you say "My husband", you are either very dull or very dependent.
You're right; having an awesome and sexy husband, whom I just celebrated my first anniversary with, makes me very dependent. And having awesome sex pretty much whenever I want it is very dull indeed. *wink*

You're weird, JCC. I don't even understand why the fuck it matters to you what my interests are; it's not like I'm waving my arms around and saying "LOOK GAIZ!!1 I LURV MY HUSBUND!!1 HE R T3H BESTEST EVAR!!!11".

It's just a random interest list on a random web page. Get over it.
Old 11-25-2009, 11:20 AM   #89
JCC

So what are your interests, other than someone else?
Old 11-25-2009, 11:24 AM   #90
Anarasha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equivalence View Post
I have a feeling like I am grasping on to trollbait, but there is a vast difference between "the contemporary ideal of beauty" and being very overweight.
But should my overweight have to dominate my relations to other people?
Anarasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 11:28 AM   #91
Tam Li Hua

Quote:
So what are your interests, other than someone else?
1. Why do you care what they are?

2. You mean other than the other two I listed in that list?

3. Gothic & Sweet L.olita, Music [waaaaay too many bands to list], the beach, Gaia Online [obviously], World of Warcraft, the PS3, Anime [no hentai plz], Horror movies, Halloween, etc. If there were any decent ones around, I'd go to a Goth club or '80s night, but there aren't. :/

Oh, I also like travelling overseas, which is why I've worked in Singapore [six weeks], China [3 years], Honduras [twice, 2 weeks both times], and visited Thailand [one evening while in Singapore] and Hong Kong [2 trips while I was in China, about 4 days each]. I'd like to take a trip to Tokyo sometime as well, and would move to either Hong Kong or Singapore in a heartbeat if I could.

Also, I like webcomics such as Penny Arcade, xkcd.com, and others.

If you find nerdy things and things having to do with world travel, then yeah, you'd probably find me pretty dull....as I would you, if you weren't interested in any of these things at all.
Old 11-25-2009, 11:32 AM   #92
Tam Li Hua

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anarasha View Post
Sadly, what we look like -does- affect how others react to us.

Also, if you are, say, 5' 6", and you weigh well over 300 lbs, that's just terribly unhealthy, and will make folks wonder how you got that big.

I went on a cruise lately and saw folks so large they could barely move. It was very very scary. I just don't understand how folks can let themselves get that large....
Old 11-25-2009, 11:37 AM   #93
Tam Li Hua

JCC: One correction: There -is- a "Goth" club in a town a couple of hours away, but it seems to mainly be for the fetish crowd. I just want to go somewhere and dance to Robert Smith and Siouxsie; I'm not really interested in seeing a naked man wrapped in plastic or anything else equally bizarre.
Old 11-25-2009, 12:03 PM   #94
Equivalence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anarasha View Post
No, and it doesn't.

However, once you start creating threads that essentially serve as "kick me" signs, you are going to be attacked by the easiest venues.
Old 11-25-2009, 12:24 PM   #95
Malice In Wonderland

Quote:
No, and it doesn't.

However, once you start creating threads that essentially serve as "kick me" signs, you are going to be attacked by the easiest venues.
Yeah, pretty much this.
Also, you don't do anything to compliment your fattitude by wearing tshirts with tribal designs and an ill fitting leather coat.
Also, your piercings just resemble people screaming for their lives in lifeboats, lost in a sea of glob.

"One mohawk wasn't enough to keep up with how badass he is so he had to get two." - Haunted House, about me, YEAH, ME!

Terror Nuclear,Terror Nuclear
Malice In Wonderland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 12:58 PM   #96
Anarasha

I respect your oppinion on my piercings, however I disagree.
As for the coat - Yeah well, it was all I had at the time.
And the tribal designs - I am aware, but I barely have anything else.
Old 11-25-2009, 01:27 PM   #97
Plaga

Quote:
I just dont see how anyone who is not a shallow brainwashed media whore could have anything against anyone for being chubby, slightly overweight or very overweight (or any other physical attributes, chosen or unchosen for that matter). Especially here, a dedicated 'counterculture' forum,
and since these attributes happen to run against the mainstream ideal on what is desirable or not ,it just makes the contradiction even more apparent.
Plaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 01:33 PM   #98
Tam Li Hua

Plaga: Gnet isn't exactly a friendly place, first off. Second...you're right, it shouldn't be, but it is.

That being said, I think the issue isn't so much being overweight as much as how you carry that weight, and whether or not you're making an effort to be healthy.

For instance, I think Anarasha would look -much- better in a nice black suit [slightly Corporate Goth, if you will] than he does in the T-shirt and old jacket. Also, I think that a different hair style would help him look much much better and MUCH less a target for humiliation and bullies.

Yes, it shouldn't matter, but Goths are still human, and we humans are still visual animals, whether we like to admit it or not.

Would how he's dressed affect whether or not I would be his friend? Most likely not. Would it affect whether or not I found him attractive? Absolutely.
Old 11-25-2009, 01:35 PM   #99
Equivalence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plaga View Post
I just dont see how anyone who is not a shallow brainwashed media whore could have anything against anyone for being chubby, slightly overweight or very overweight (or any other physical attributes, chosen or unchosen for that matter). Especially here, a dedicated 'counterculture' forum,
and since these attributes happen to run against the mainstream ideal on what is desirable or not ,it just makes the contradiction even more apparent.
It is not that anyone here has anything against overweight people in general.

It is that we have something against a specific person, who happens to be overweight.

I don't hold anything against people who are genuinely slow, yet I still call others stupid in a derogative manner.

Keep in mind that I'm not the one who is calling Anarasha fat, I'm merely speculating.
Old 11-25-2009, 01:39 PM   #100
Anarasha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tam Li Hua View Post
For instance, I think Anarasha would look -much- better in a nice black suit [slightly Corporate Goth, if you will] than he does in the T-shirt and old jacket. Also, I think that a different hair style would help him look much much better and MUCH less a target for humiliation and bullies.

I almost have that picture if you wanna see it :P The suit is kinda greyish blue, but it's a sight to be seen.
Aye, I have been considering a different hairstyle, but undercut and short are all I know of. Any suggestions? =)