Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Spooky News
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Spooky News Spooky news from around the web goes in this forum. Please always credit and link your source and only use sources which are okay with being posted. No profanity in subject headings please.

Old 03-06-2009, 11:53 PM   #1
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
The War on Terror IN HIGHSCHOOL

Over the past two years there has been a shocking increase in volence at the Milwaukee Public School District's gem of a school known as Bradley Tech. I'm not talking about teens getting into small isolated fights, I'm talking about riot level fights, involving not just students, but reinforcements the students call in. It has been prompting the Milwaukee Public School District to question whether the school should remain active.

In chronological order:
http://www.todaystmj4.com/news/local/33445214.html
http://www.todaystmj4.com/news/local/39515952.html
http://www.jsonline.com/news/education/39603812.html
http://www.wisn.com/news/18734820/detail.html
http://www.jsonline.com/news/29291074.html

Now I'm leaving this free for open discussion, not just about this school, but about others schools with similar situations, what do you guys think about all of this?

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 01:44 AM   #2
jack_the_knife

It's happening here too. It's just not reported. It seems that students are getting unnerved and stressed with the current situation of things and need to release some tension.
Maybe the economic situation coupled with the way they are treated in general is accountable for their despondence.
jack_the_knife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 09:32 AM   #3
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
Too bad. It sounds like the inmates are running the asylum. It must be the socio-economic landscape, because both the local community college and the three high schools here in my city of 138,000 have not had anywhere close to that scale of a problem.

Three years ago a student stabbed and killed another student at one of the high schools and he is serving life now (at 17 he was tried as an adult), but that was the worst I have seen here locally.

I say socio-economic because even with the current state of the economy our city police department and schools are well funded. Milwaukee must be hurting. And the students using cell phones to call for adults to join the fight sounds like gang activity.

HumanePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 03:49 PM   #4
MegearaErotica

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack_the_knife
It's happening here too. It's just not reported. It seems that students are getting unnerved and stressed with the current situation of things and need to release some tension.
Maybe the economic situation coupled with the way they are treated in general is accountable for their despondence.
It really does happen all the time. Our school has covered up dozens of fights to keep their positive reputation upheld. I don't think the economy is the antagonist in these fights though. Most fights that occur here are just the result of boosted egos of the seniors and obviously false rumors.
Oh, but you can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you. If I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away.
-Monty Python and the Holy Grail
MegearaErotica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 04:21 AM   #5
Quoth The Human.

where I live is going down the shit hole to, it's all happening faster than I thought.
Quoth The Human. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 02:57 PM   #6
DRM

My schools always been known for it's gang and drug activity around here, so it would be that out of the ordinary here.
DRM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 02:42 AM   #7
Bonquisha Brown

Well, having gone to school in Compton, I can tell you violence there was pretty bad. We've had what could be described as riots. Sadly, most of it was due to kids being inducted into gang affiliation. Most of the time when they do something as idiotic as joining a gang, it's to become popular or to garner "respect". Which ironically, my people will never gain until we stop the gang-induced genocides amongst our selves.
But back to the schools. It's a damn shame that those people are ruining their educations just because they get into little scuffs. I would guess the same as Jack, the economy adds a lot of stress to everyone, and it probably has many people just barely teetering on the edge of insanity.
Bonquisha Brown is offline   Reply With Quote