Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Closed Thread

Old 01-28-2006, 10:22 PM   #5226
Ben Lahnger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santarea
No offense to Aussies, of course. All offense to me friends. Frankly, almost anyone who is my friend is likely to be some kind of idiot.
Snterea, you are not alone. I know the feeling!

The trick is to convince yourself that you are not an idiot magnet ... NO!

You are just a kind, compasionate soul who gives these poor fools comraderie where they might not otherwise find it.

Just keep telling yourself that.

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Old 01-28-2006, 10:38 PM   #5227
The Minister Saint-Fond

I know that I'm a gen X-er... and I'm not supposed to say this...

But...

Honestly...

I think Andy Dick sucks ass.
Old 01-28-2006, 11:01 PM   #5228
Mr E Nigma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manimal
I shaved my testicles.
=O ....so you're trying to be like Gargamel!?!!?

'Cause you know, he started that fashion!!!
Old 01-28-2006, 11:14 PM   #5229
PhilSmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by TStone
Curious, a question for anyone south of the equator, or has been south of the equator.

Does water spill counter clock-wise down the drain?
I'm led to understand flaws in the sink, drain, toilet bowl or whatever guide the water clockwise or anti-clockwise.
Old 01-29-2006, 01:34 PM   #5230
tenet_2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empty_Purple_Stars
I say relocate if possible. Austin is still nice, and the only place left in Texas I still enjoy visiting. The Hill Country is beautiful. It is a bit spendier in Austin, but it's much smaller and the police have a much tighter chokehold on the crime there. Altogether it is a much more mellow environment. Austin is also where my Hellspawn was born, so it will always have a special place in my heart..
I heart Abilene. I love that town for some reason. I think it's the food.

Houston sucks, I agree, but like you E_P_S, I was born and raised there. I moved here, to South Dakota, with my mom when I was a junior in high school. H-town will always have a special place in my heart.

By the way, Houston has more obese people than any other city in the world.

On a related topic, I vow to never go to Wal-Mart after 7 am or before midnight again! Talk about fat fucking people. Jesus. They block all the aisles, their cart are over-flowing with junk food and god damn are they slow.

I went there because my friend told me they have a good selection of organic foods (which they do) and ended-up getting fucking super pissed-off at these fat fucking retards. Fuck!

I am better now that I have espresso and a great salad.

Good food=Good life.

--Geisha
Old 01-29-2006, 01:51 PM   #5231
tenet_2012

I'm a white male, age 18 to 49. Everyone listens to me, no matter how dumb my suggestions are.

--Geisha
Old 01-29-2006, 02:45 PM   #5232
tenet_2012

how to be annoying online

1. Make up fake acronyms. Online veterans like to use abbreviations like IMHO (in my humble opinion) or RTFM (read the fucking manual) to show that they're "hep" to the lingo. Make up your own that don't stand for anything (SETO, BARL, CP30), use them liberally, and then refuse to explain what they stand for ("You don't know that? RTFM").

2. WRITE YOUR MESSAGES IN ALL CAPS AND DON'T USE RETURNS SO THAT EVERYONE HAS TO SCROLL ACROSS THEIR SCREENS TO READ EVERY LINE. ALSO USE A LOT OF !!!!! TO SHOW THAT YOU'RE EXCITED ABOUT BEING HERE!

3. When replying to your mail, correct everyone's grammar and spelling and point out their typos, but don't otherwise respond to the content of their messages. when they respond testily to your "creative criticism," do it again. Continue until they go away.

4. Software and files offered online are often "compressed" so that they won't take so long to travel over the phone lines. Buy a compression program and compress everything you send, including one-word e-mail responses like "Thanks."

5. Upload text files with Bible passages about sin or guilt and give them names like "SexyHousewivesI," then see how many people download it. Challenge your friends to come up with the most popular come-ons.

6. cc: all your e-mail to Al Gore (vice.president@whitehouse.gov) so that he can keep track of what's happening on the Internet.

7. Join a discussion group and tie whatever's being discussed back to an unrelated central theme. For instance, if you're in a discussion of gun control, respond to every message with the observation that those genetically superior tomatoes seem to have played an important role. Within days, all discussion of gun control will have ceased as people write you threatening messages and instruct others to ignore you.

--Geisha
Old 01-29-2006, 03:10 PM   #5233
tenet_2012

I have reworked my post from earlier today.

I think you guys will love it:

I HAART ABIELNA1!1!! LOL I LOVE TAHT 2WN FOR SOME RAASON!1!!1! OMG LOL I THINK ITS DA FOD
HOUS2N!!11! LOL SUX I AGRE BUT LIEK U E_P_S I WAS BORN AND RASEAD THEYRE1!11 WTF LOL I MOVAD HERE 2 SOUTH DAKOTA WIT MAH MOM WHEN I WAS A JUNIOR IN HIGH SKOOL!1!!!!!! OMG H-2WN WIL ALWAYS HAEV A SPECIAL PLAEC IN MAH HEART
BY1!!!!!1! WTF LOL TEH WAY HOUS2N HAS MOR3 OBSA PEOPLE THAN ANY OTH3R CITY IN DA WORLD
ON!!1! A RALAETD 2PIC I VOW 2 N3VAR GO 2 WAL-MART AFTER 7 M OR BFORA MIDNIGHT AGANE!!!!1!11 LOL TOK ABOUT FAT FUKNG PAOPLE11!11!! LOL JESUS1!11! WTF TH3Y BLOK AL TEH ASELES THEYRE CART R OVER-FLOWNG WIT JUNK FOD AND GOD DMN R TH3Y SLOW
I!!!!11!1 OMG WTF WANT THEYRE B/C MAH FREIND 2LD ME TH3Y HAEV A GOD SAL3CTION OF ORGANIC FODS (WHICH TH3Y DO) AND ENDED-UP G3TNG FUKNG SUP3R PISED-OF AT THES3 FAT FUKNG RETARDS1!111 WTF FUK
IM BTER NOW TAHT I HAEV ESPRESO AND A GR3AT SALAD
GOD11!1 OMG WTF LOL FOD=GOD LIEF!!!!!1!! OMG

--Geisha
Old 01-29-2006, 03:20 PM   #5234
Ben Lahnger

Tenet, I'd laugh if that was comprehensible.

Wait, let me drink heavily ... I'll be right back ...

Okaaayyy ... my comprehenshun ish jusht fine noooowww!

Oh ... ha ha ha hic ha ha *belch* er ha ha ... thash ish vaarrry funny!

the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Old 01-29-2006, 07:47 PM   #5235
edible_eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenet_2012
I have reworked my post from earlier today.

I think you guys will love it:

I HAART ABIELNA1!1!! LOL I LOVE TAHT 2WN FOR SOME RAASON!1!!1! OMG LOL I THINK ITS DA FOD
HOUS2N!!11! LOL SUX I AGRE BUT LIEK U E_P_S I WAS BORN AND RASEAD THEYRE1!11 WTF LOL I MOVAD HERE 2 SOUTH DAKOTA WIT MAH MOM WHEN I WAS A JUNIOR IN HIGH SKOOL!1!!!!!! OMG H-2WN WIL ALWAYS HAEV A SPECIAL PLAEC IN MAH HEART
BY1!!!!!1! WTF LOL TEH WAY HOUS2N HAS MOR3 OBSA PEOPLE THAN ANY OTH3R CITY IN DA WORLD
ON!!1! A RALAETD 2PIC I VOW 2 N3VAR GO 2 WAL-MART AFTER 7 M OR BFORA MIDNIGHT AGANE!!!!1!11 LOL TOK ABOUT FAT FUKNG PAOPLE11!11!! LOL JESUS1!11! WTF TH3Y BLOK AL TEH ASELES THEYRE CART R OVER-FLOWNG WIT JUNK FOD AND GOD DMN R TH3Y SLOW
I!!!!11!1 OMG WTF WANT THEYRE B/C MAH FREIND 2LD ME TH3Y HAEV A GOD SAL3CTION OF ORGANIC FODS (WHICH TH3Y DO) AND ENDED-UP G3TNG FUKNG SUP3R PISED-OF AT THES3 FAT FUKNG RETARDS1!111 WTF FUK
IM BTER NOW TAHT I HAEV ESPRESO AND A GR3AT SALAD
GOD11!1 OMG WTF LOL FOD=GOD LIEF!!!!!1!! OMG
hahahaha!

tenet - that was fuckin' funny, dude.
Old 01-29-2006, 07:56 PM   #5236
TeapotScar

Tenet- you've got SKILL. The UN needs you as a translator...

-Add me on myspace, because I'm pretty sure I've tried to add you! http://www.myspace.com/fermeztesyeux
Old 01-29-2006, 09:00 PM   #5237
Ben Lahnger

To hell with the UN ...

he could get overworked trying to translate half of the conversations on the internet ...

or even the ones held on the southwest side of Houston.

And I'm only talking about the English conversations!

How the hell does anyone communicate at all anymore?

wait ...

I know ...

the answer ...

POORLY.

the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,

Old 01-29-2006, 11:19 PM   #5238
TheKorovaMilkbar

Soooo... Yeah....

My hair is black now. I actually decided 'what the hell' and let my friend dye it.

I wish I had more time to work on my art. With school and company lately, I haven't touched the pieces I'm working on in a while.
Old 01-29-2006, 11:31 PM   #5239
TheKorovaMilkbar

Just singing in the rain
What a glorious feelin'
I'm happy again
I'm laughing at clouds
So dark up above
The sun's in my heart
And I'm ready for love
Let the stormy clouds chase
Everyone from the place
Come on with the rain
I've a smile on my face
I walk down the lane
With a happy refrain
Just singin',
Singin' in the rain

I'm sorry, she made me do it. *points to DA*
Old 01-30-2006, 12:30 AM   #5240
Blushing Heliophobe

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKorovaMilkbar
Soooo... Yeah....

My hair is black now. I actually decided 'what the hell' and let my friend dye it.

I wish I had more time to work on my art. With school and company lately, I haven't touched the pieces I'm working on in a while.
PICTURES!!!
Old 01-30-2006, 01:08 AM   #5241
tenet_2012

I just downloaded the complete series of Firefly, Dead Like Me (the greatest show ever made) and Twin Peaks.

I also got The Birthday Massacre's ablum entitled "Violet".

I'm not sleeping tonight!

--Geisha
Old 01-30-2006, 02:25 AM   #5242
tenet_2012

Mysophilia is the practice of ingesting the body fluids of corpses, particularly urine.

--Geisha
Old 01-30-2006, 02:26 AM   #5243
edible_eye

that pretty much inspires me to write.

thanx.
Old 01-30-2006, 03:42 AM   #5244
talon

We will need you in the near future Tenet. Soon the government will start typing like that. Nobody will be able to understand it. I'm scared!?
Old 01-30-2006, 05:22 AM   #5245
JuliaGaltic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenet_2012
I just downloaded the complete series of Firefly, Dead Like Me (the greatest show ever made) and Twin Peaks.

I also got The Birthday Massacre's ablum entitled "Violet".

I'm not sleeping tonight!
Dead like me is the greatest show ever made! Tenet, you rock babe!
Old 01-30-2006, 07:26 AM   #5246
Ben Lahnger

I'm buring CD's full of MP3's for my trip. I'm going to take 10 CD's with between 100 and 150 songs per CD. I'll have my portable MP3 CD player with headphones and a set of mini-speakers for the hotel room.

I hate to be without my music. And I'm going to be on 10 planes by the time I'm back on the 18th, including two flights between Chicago and Amsterdam. I'll have books and magazines, a gameboy color with a few strategy and RPG games, and 6 episodes of Seinfeld and Family Guy to watch on my PDA cell phone. But it will be the music that will get me through most of that.

I'm just so damn pleased that I can carry so much music in such a small space! And I am really happy that I have such a wide range of musical styles to pick from.

Now I just need to get out and buy batteries and gum.

Oh, and I'm going to get my picture taken riding a camel up the side of a volcano. I will post in the pic post thread when I come back.

the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,

Last edited by Ben Lahnger; 01-30-2006 at 07:27 AM. Reason: grammar
Old 01-30-2006, 10:33 AM   #5247
tenet_2012

I'm gonna cut my toe nails now.

--Geisha
Old 01-30-2006, 11:05 AM   #5248
WolfMoon

Ben makes me want an ipod even more!

Stop it!

Old 01-30-2006, 11:37 AM   #5249
tenet_2012

Get The Brirthday Massacre!

This shit feckin' rocks!

--Geisha
Old 01-30-2006, 04:22 PM   #5250
JuliaGaltic

I have just been made very happy due to some very good news...

----------------------------------------------------

On Friday, March 24th 2006

THE BIRTHDAY MASSCRE

LIVE!

In Vinnie Saletto's
Infinity Room
@ The Masquerade
1503 E 7th Avenue Ybor City, Tampa Florida
813-247-3319

Tickets: $10 or $12 DOS
Doors: 7pm
ALL AGES WELCOME!

http://www.thebirthdaymassacre.com/

myspace:
http://www.myspace.com/thebirthdaymassacre

join the communion after dark newsgroup:
http://launch.groups.**********/group...nionafterdark/

----------------------------------------------------

I don't know if they're actually doing an official tour but I know they're coming to my town and I'm so excited!!!