Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 03-21-2008, 11:42 AM   #1
sadistically_romantic

Question Skitzophrenic Boyfriend, could you handle it?

I have known a guy for going on 5 years now through school and we decided to date at the begining of Senior year (last fall). It was only then I noticed his mood swings and sometimes suicidal demeanor. Then he mentioned voices. I am a very open person and I have tried to help him. I listen to everything he thinks and feels.

One day he called me upset because apparently,as I gather it, he was told by said voices, that I didn't like him and was planning to harm him emotionally. He broke up with me that night.

Now he calls me every night and takes me out on dates. Should I fall back into it or should I be jaded from him for the past?
sadistically_romantic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 11:46 AM   #2
KontanKarite

Continue being his friend. A grounds for romance may be a bit rocky for your sake.

If he knows there's something wrong with him... hmmm. Makes you wonder what voices could motivate him to do as they say.

Not all beliefs and ideas are equal.
KontanKarite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 11:46 AM   #3
Pineapple_Juice

Has he tried taking any sort of medication or seeing a therapist? If not and if you really like him, maybe tell him that one of the terms of your dating would be that he got some sort of help for his problem.
Pineapple_Juice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 11:49 AM   #4
sadistically_romantic

He's tried medication. He took it for a while but his family was condescending and he quit the meds. He felt better for a few months afterwards. But I have noticed he's backsliding.
Old 03-21-2008, 11:51 AM   #5
Stormtrooper of Death

I'm agreeing with Kontan on this. Funny story, my only girlfriend, as I later found out is a hardcore Neo-Nazi. She bought a SS uniform and wore it to school once. True story. Sorry about the thread jack, just stay friends.
Old 03-21-2008, 11:57 AM   #6
sadistically_romantic

Thanks. I have had a few friends give me advice but they are all males and apparently one had a crush and the other was one of the people who like a good arguement and he's rude to all. But thank you.
Old 03-21-2008, 11:58 AM   #7
Pineapple_Juice

SR, that's tough. Ask him if he'd continue the medication if his family wasn't talking shit to him about it. Try to make him understand that it's really for a good reason.
Pineapple_Juice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 12:06 PM   #8
sadistically_romantic

He doesn't like to take meds really, but he noticed a good change in himself. I was diagnosed manic depressive suicidal/homicidal, and having P.T.S. but I was able to help myself without the drugs. They didn't help me. I believe he is trying to do the same thing.
Old 03-21-2008, 04:17 PM   #9
Catch

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadistically_romantic
I have known a guy for going on 5 years now through school and we decided to date at the begining of Senior year (last fall). It was only then I noticed his mood swings and sometimes suicidal demeanor. Then he mentioned voices. I am a very open person and I have tried to help him. I listen to everything he thinks and feels.

One day he called me upset because apparently,as I gather it, he was told by said voices, that I didn't like him and was planning to harm him emotionally. He broke up with me that night.

Now he calls me every night and takes me out on dates. Should I fall back into it or should I be jaded from him for the past?
Drop him. It isn't your problem. I don't mean you should be mean to him, but you already broke up. Unfortunately, if you try and help him, you could end up hurting yourself. There are websites that have info on controlling skitsophrenia naturally. That may info he wants. At the same time, distance yourself. I don't know if it is outward or inward anger that he may have, but it's over between him. Don't let him drag you back into a relationship using his mood swings.