Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 11-23-2011, 01:41 PM   #26
Versus

So. Awesome.

Oh. And they have something for bounty hunters and sith lords.
Had me creepin' 'round corners, homie sleepin' in my vest.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Versus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 03:17 PM   #27
Beowulf

Hello and welcome, I hope you enjoy your time here !!!.
live the gods of yesterday.

Be excellent to one another !!!.
Beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 03:32 PM   #28
CyanideandRaspberryTea

Aside from these two geeking out :P (which is totally cool, by the way, I indulge in it on a regular basis), thank you for the welcome Beowulf
CyanideandRaspberryTea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 05:01 PM   #29
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf moon View Post
I do! And I'm originally from the city where ComicCon lives. I could write a treatise on the inescapability of Con traffic and girls in furry tails and rainbow bracelets, if you like.

Stormtrooper armor is extraordinarily difficult to acquire. My husband really, really wants to join the 501st, but holy crap they want ALL the dollars.
Actually from what I've heard, buying premade uniforms is frowned upon. Many of them pride themselves on their DIY uniforms. Also it's illegal for anyone to sell stormtrooper uniforms in the US for profit.Though due to a failed lawsuit in the UK it is now possible to buy from there.

Edit: upon review of your later posts, I see how there is a loophole, but still it isn't right. With that in mind, I've actually read how to DIY the vacuum molding even.

As for the blaster however, I prefer the concept of getting mine from the same source as the film makers, aka take real world guns and modifying them. There is the sterling machine gun(WW2),Rexim-Favor submachine gun(50s), the MG34 machine gun(WW2), and the lewis machine gun(WW1), finally there's one made from pieces from a varity of guns(all WW2).

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 05:35 PM   #30
wolf moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versus View Post
So. Awesome.

Oh. And they have something for bounty hunters and sith lords.
...I just always wanted to be Mara Jade. But don't tell anyone because then they'll know how much of the extra material I've read.
wolf moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 07:36 PM   #31
Versus

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf moon View Post
...I just always wanted to be Mara Jade. But don't tell anyone because then they'll know how much of the extra material I've read.
Are you kidding me? Visas Marr was way cooler.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Old 11-23-2011, 07:53 PM   #32
Renatus

Quote:
Darth Talon anyone? Though I seem to remember someone else more, if only I could remember. Then again there is the handmaiden, turning her to the dark side was... intoxicating.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Old 11-23-2011, 08:12 PM   #33
wolf moon

Quote:
Not when you always wanted red hair and have a huge crush on Luke Skywalker. Then it's Mara Jade, all the way.
Old 11-23-2011, 08:16 PM   #34
Versus

Oh. Excuse me. I thought you said Mira. Different timeline.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Old 11-23-2011, 08:20 PM   #35
wolf moon

S'okay, I was the one typing all tiny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renatus View Post
Then again there is the handmaiden, turning her to the dark side was... intoxicating.
I feel like you are enjoying the thought of this really a lot.
Old 11-25-2011, 08:53 AM   #36
CornSnake

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyanideandRaspberryTea View Post
I can't stand bitchiness within any community. That's probably why I've got such an eclective group of friends. Goth-friendlies, but none are goths themselves. I just can't be doing with the alternatives living up to the stereotype of being elitist and stuck up their own arses.
I cannot tell you how much I agree with this. I shall give you a jar of Awesomesauce!!! Also regarding the conversation to Dragon*Con I too have been wanting to go there so bad for a number of years. So far the only two cons I've made it to this year have been Mechacon and Wizard World Austin. I've been kinda poor this year so I haven't been going to as many cons as I wanted to.
CornSnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 08:58 AM   #37
Grausamkeit

I hear there are BDSM people that go to cons and much fun to be had with them......

...I've been accused of folly by a fool. ~Antigone

Grausamkeit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 09:03 AM   #38
CornSnake

for some reason cons seem to be a hotspot for BDSM enthusiasts. I've personally never have chilled with them, but they seem pretty laid back. My con friends are the type that will spend most of the con in the game room if you'd let them.
CornSnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 10:04 AM   #39
Renatus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grausamkeit View Post
I hear there are BDSM people that go to cons and much fun to be had with them......
Yes I seem to remember talking to one who even wanted her master to take her to dragon con and do a demonstration with her if I remember right.

Old 11-25-2011, 11:44 AM   #40
Grausamkeit

Quote:
Yes I seem to remember talking to one who even wanted her master to take her to dragon con and do a demonstration with her if I remember right.
I would like to meet this person.

Old 11-25-2011, 07:47 PM   #41
wolf moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grausamkeit View Post
They even have their own. DomCon (and associated fetish ball!) is in Atlanta every year.
Old 11-30-2011, 03:01 PM   #42
CyanideandRaspberryTea

@Cornsnake: I will take this jar of Awesomesauce and mount it above my fireplace
Old 11-30-2011, 06:01 PM   #43
Storm

Welcome! :3 I love your username, cyanide is my favorite poison. And you seem awesome btw~
Storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 08:56 AM   #44
CyanideandRaspberryTea

O rly? Why's that Apart from the fact that it'd make a good tea to give to any number of exes at a tea party massacre :3 And thank youuuuu Hoping to meet some new peoples on here so drop by for a chat if you want ^_^
Old 12-01-2011, 04:04 PM   #45
Beowulf

Quote:
Actually from what I've heard, buying premade uniforms is frowned upon. Many of them pride themselves on their DIY uniforms. Also it's illegal for anyone to sell stormtrooper uniforms in the US for profit.Though due to a failed lawsuit in the UK it is now possible to buy from there.

Edit: upon review of your later posts, I see how there is a loophole, but still it isn't right. With that in mind, I've actually read how to DIY the vacuum molding even.

As for the blaster however, I prefer the concept of getting mine from the same source as the film makers, aka take real world guns and modifying them. There is the sterling machine gun(WW2),Rexim-Favor submachine gun(50s), the MG34 machine gun(WW2), and the lewis machine gun(WW1), finally there's one made from pieces from a varity of guns(all WW2).
The Sterling Sub Machine gun was issued to the British Army in the 1950`s, and phased out in the 1980`s.

My favourite was the modified `Broom Handled` Mauser pistol that Han Solo had which was known in the Star Wars universe as the `Blastech DL44`, that looked really cool !!!.

I know a book that would be very useful for reference for the Star Wars weapons, its called the Star Wars Chronicles, which is a huge coffee table book with tonnes of production photos of most of the props in the film.

I dont know if its still in print, but E-bay would be a good place to look !!!.

Hope this helps !!!.
live the gods of yesterday.

Be excellent to one another !!!.
Beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 05:25 PM   #46
Mitzuki_Haruko

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyanideandRaspberryTea View Post
So...hey

Need some new friends who share my interests and don't think black eyeliner and a Cradle of Filth t-shirt makes them goth I love you, Jody, but you have much to learn :P
I hate people who think that you have to dress dark to be considered goth. Goth is not a fashion, its a state of mind.
Mitzuki_Haruko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 06:42 PM   #47
Grausamkeit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitzuki_Haruko View Post
I hate people who think that you have to dress dark to be considered goth. Goth is not a fashion, its a state of mind.
I hate it when people think it has nothing to do with music....

Old 12-01-2011, 07:14 PM   #48
Morpheus13

I think its a happy medium of both. One kinda lends itself to the other. You can't have the fashion without the music in the same way you can't have the music without the fashion. It kinda makes sense that its a state of mind too.
Morpheus13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 07:16 PM   #49
Mitzuki_Haruko

I still only say its a state of mind...
Mitzuki_Haruko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 07:42 PM   #50
Grausamkeit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheus13 View Post
I think its a happy medium of both. One kinda lends itself to the other. You can't have the fashion without the music in the same way you can't have the music without the fashion. It kinda makes sense that its a state of mind too.
You have potential.