Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 10-19-2007, 05:06 PM   #26
Saddiction

I also refuse to date a smoker.
Old 10-19-2007, 05:48 PM   #27
Evanescent

I've smoked a few times. I rarely do so, since it's so difficult for me to get any cigarettes. Once I'm old enough to buy my own and I get a job, I may smoke more.
My fiance smokes. He switches between chewing tobacco and cigarettes, but he said he's going to stick with the latter from now on.
Evanescent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 06:22 PM   #28
La_Mort_Heureuse

I smoked cloves for a brief while and enjoyed them thoroughly. I'm trying not to because there are many people who would be very upset with me if I smoked (my parents, my boyfriend), but I still smoke them on occasion. Good goodness, they taste wonderful.

I have weird smoking habits. I won't smoke constantly. I'll have nothing for a few days, then chain a bunch of them, then nothing for a while again. Chain smoking is not an awesome idea with cloves (someone said it, I'll say it again. You will cough blood), but I do it anyway. An evening of black coffee, cloves, and a good book under a street light is the way to go. Indulgence is a beautiful thing.
La_Mort_Heureuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 06:28 PM   #29
Beneath the Shadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saddiction
I quit 5 years ago. I'd never go back. I'm one of those evil reformed smokers.

I think that after you've been a smoker for 5+years and then quit (for good), you realize just how disgusting it is (at least that's how I feel about it).
Hell, I didn't need to quit to know how disgusting it is. Ever leave a full ashtray outside in the rain and have to clean it the next day after it's been sitting in the sun for several hours?

last.fm

Help my MiniCity grow
Help my MiniCity's industry
Beneath the Shadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 07:01 PM   #30
viscus

Quote:
Originally Posted by KontanKarite
I never could get into smoking.

But I LOVE fucking LOVE a good hookah.
You speak my language.
viscus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 11:01 PM   #31
erotomaniac87

Nope, tried it but didn't like it. Oh, and kissing a smoker is almost like licking clean a damn ashtray.
Old 10-24-2007, 11:18 PM   #32
Cicero

I smoke joints every now and then, for stress-relief purposes.

I've never been a fan of tobacco, it's mostly the smell that puts me off. I was actually rather thrilled that smoking was banned in clubs here before I started going out - it saved me many nights of nausea and gross-smelling hair. I've never tried clove cigarettes but I can imagine I'd prefer them. I like cloves.

My Etsy store: www.Cicero1334.etsy.com

[And check out 1334 while you're at it: www.myspace.com/club1334 ]
Cicero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 11:43 PM   #33
Corpsey

I have been known to smoke a lil' of something every now and then which isn't tobacco.. For Tobacco rots your lungs and I have never ever been able to get past this mind-set. Every smoker I know admits it, but just can't get past the addiction, and it's that which scares me.

I don't mind people smoking around me, so long as it's not wafting directly into my fucking face.

Thanks Meth for asking what cloves were (I was completely clueless myself).

"I've never regretted anything..." - Light Yagami

Life is a shit sandwich. Unfortunately, it's always lunchtime. How much bread you have goes a long way toward determining how easy it is to swallow.
Corpsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 11:53 PM   #34
Steppenwolf

I smoke since 8 years and tried to quit twice ... I will probably try to quit again , lord knows when :-P ...

What Im against is the non-smokers madness when they see someone having his/her cigarette : Getoutaherenowwwwowww-grrrr!! (or vice-versa ...)

Are you sooo tolerant for religion/society/beliefs , but you can't stand a cigarette being smoked next to you? ... Heh , I'm lost here ... o_O

Why don't you politely GO AWAY instead hysterically yelling at me "You are going to die"?...
Old 10-25-2007, 12:20 AM   #35
Wormboy

If offered I will possibly indulge in a cigarette. I like weed, tastes good. I want to try a cigar once in my life, they smell great. But mostly I avoid tobacco for my own reasons.

Kontan - "Eventually, you ended up looking like the freaking grim reaper towards the end of the game.
Now we got this cracked out jungle hobo...."
Wormboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 12:55 AM   #36
mfiend1138

I work for a tobacconist. I smoke cloves, cigars (exstensively), and try new things all the time. It's all in a days work, I guess.

-R.
mfiend1138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 01:44 AM   #37
katterfly

My friends laugh at me, because I'm one of those rare people who started seriously smoking when I turned 18. Call me independent, but when I was younger I hated asking others to buy my packs. And besides, what 15 year old needs to puff one anyway? As if their life is sooooo hard as to be worth those 5 minutes of delicious peace.
katterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 10:32 AM   #38
Saddiction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steppenwolf
Are you sooo tolerant for religion/society/beliefs , but you can't stand a cigarette being smoked next to you? ... Heh , I'm lost here ... o_O

Why don't you politely GO AWAY instead hysterically yelling at me "You are going to die"?...
Generally, people don't breath in religion or belief toxins, therefore making them more tolerant. I don't go crazy when someone smokes beside me. Instead, I move, or express discomfort through body language (ie, fanning the smoke away from my direction) in hopes that they'll get the point.

When I walk down the street, I will actually hold my breath while passing someone who's smoking.

Smokers have a though time understanding what it's like for the non-smoker. Second hand smoke is a lot worse than first hand smoke. Though it is equally as gross, second hand smoke is more detremental to the health of others.
Old 10-25-2007, 10:56 AM   #39
chelseagirl

I hate smoking. When I was in highschool, other kids would try to get me to start smoking, but I never saw the point. 1, it smells like shit. 2, it costs money that I would rather be able to spend on other things. 3, it gives you health problems. Why would I want to spend my hard earned money on giving myself cancer? lol, I'll pass. I dated a smoker once, it was disgusting. I have a good friend who is a smoker. He's 33 years old, and has had cancerous throat tumors THREE times! Yet, he still keeps on smoking. It makes me so mad because I care about him.

They recently passed the smoking ban here, and I've gotta say, I LOVE going to clubs and bars now. Back before the ban, I would usually have to leave early because all of the second hand smoke would hurt my eyes really bad, and I would get all congested and not be able to breath (I must be allergic to tobacco smoke I guess).

As far as what Steppenwolf posted: I'm SUPER tolerant of anything and everything other people want to do to their own bodies, or what religion they believe in, etc...as long as it's NOT hurting someone else. Bottom line is second hand smoke HURTS other people. Do you honestly believe you should have the right to stand by someone else and force them to inhale cancerous causing substances? In my opinion, that is just not right.
Old 10-25-2007, 11:01 AM   #40
Saddiction

I also rejoiced when the city passed the smoking ban in public places such as clubs, restaurants, etc. It makes going out much more enjoyable.
Old 10-25-2007, 11:07 AM   #41
Haunted House

I do smoke, but if there is a non-smoking with me at the time I usually just can't. I'd feel bad if it bothered somone. Most of the time it's not a problem because when I smoke I usually do it outside my house sitting on the front pourch by myself.
Old 10-25-2007, 11:26 AM   #42
Saddiction

I wish there was more like you around
Old 10-25-2007, 11:51 AM   #43
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steppenwolf
I smoke since 8 years and tried to quit twice ... I will probably try to quit again , lord knows when :-P ...

What Im against is the non-smokers madness when they see someone having his/her cigarette : Getoutaherenowwwwowww-grrrr!! (or vice-versa ...)

Dude. It's BAD for you. I smoke, but I totally understand if people don't want it near them. You're not being hurt by not smoking, but you smoking near them IS hurting them.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 12:12 PM   #44
Cen0bite

i smoked off and on since i was 14. it's so cliche, but yeah, it was because of peer pressure. and i smoked like a pack every few days after i turned 18 in July. i quit in September. i could never go back to smoking again. i had one after i quit and ugh, it was so gross. i still enjoy weed though.

Pinhead: What you think of as pain is a shadow. Pain has a face. Allow me to show it to you. Gentlemen, I... Am... Pain
-Hellraiser:Bloodline
Cen0bite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 12:37 PM   #45
NachtSorcier

I smoke Marlboros, nearly a pack a day. I tried to quit and failed; I'll try again someday.

I also smoke weed. Just got a new (used, actually) bowl the other day.

I don't like clove cigarettes, I think they're gross.

Visit my online store: http://www.websofsilver.com
NachtSorcier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 12:44 PM   #46
Wormboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NachtSorcier
I smoke Marlboros, nearly a pack a day. I tried to quit and failed; I'll try again someday.

I also smoke weed. Just got a new (used, actually) bowl the other day.

I don't like clove cigarettes, I think they're gross.
CHRIS!!! WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN I HAVENT TALKED TO YOU IN FAR TOO LONG!!!!! I MISS YOU =(

(sorry to thread jack guys, but i miss my buddy =[ )

Kontan - "Eventually, you ended up looking like the freaking grim reaper towards the end of the game.
Now we got this cracked out jungle hobo...."
Wormboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 12:48 PM   #47
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Just got a new (used, actually) bowl the other day.
What's it look like? I have a totally goth bowl. It's black, purple, and clear, and the clear is changing colour from clear to white with glitter!
Old 10-25-2007, 01:04 PM   #48
NachtSorcier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormboy
CHRIS!!! WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN I HAVENT TALKED TO YOU IN FAR TOO LONG!!!!! I MISS YOU =(

(sorry to thread jack guys, but i miss my buddy =[ )
I've been working a lot and just haven't felt like sitting at my desk. I'm off today, which is why I'm here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underwater Ophelia
What's it look like? I have a totally goth bowl. It's black, purple, and clear, and the clear is changing colour from clear to white with glitter!
It's a brownish color with little blue and black swirlies wrapped around the bowl and stem. The middle of the stem is kind of transluscent, but the bowl and the tip are opaque brown. It's not really what I would normally pick for myself, but I got it in trade for a joint, so I'm not complaining.

Edit: Picture - http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j4...er/newbowl.jpg

Old 10-25-2007, 01:08 PM   #49
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
I've been working a lot and just haven't felt like sitting at my desk. I'm off today, which is why I'm here.

It's a brownish color with little blue and black swirlies wrapped around the bowl and stem. The middle of the stem is kind of transluscent, but the bowl and the tip are opaque brown. It's not really what I would normally pick for myself, but I got it in trade for a joint, so I'm not complaining.
SOME IDIOT TRADED YOU A BOWL FOR A JOINT?! ScoreScoreScore.

That's fucking awesome. Have you named it yet?
Old 10-25-2007, 01:12 PM   #50
NachtSorcier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underwater Ophelia
SOME IDIOT TRADED YOU A BOWL FOR A JOINT?! ScoreScoreScore.

That's fucking awesome. Have you named it yet?
Actually, there's a story behind such a wonderful trade: My friend L. has had this bowl for several months. Apparently some guy had left it at her house and didn't come back for a month. He said that he'd give it to her if she gave him a joint, which is stupid on his part since he just left it there and didn't come back for it. So, like L. said, she basically gave him a free joint. She doesn't like to keep paraphernalia in her house, so when I asked her if she had a bowl she wanted to sell, she offered that one to me for a joint.

I haven't named it yet, no. I don't want to just pick a random name, I want to see if a name finds me.