Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Music
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Music Finally, an entire forum devoted to talking about Doktor Avalanche, the drum machine for the Sisters of Mercy. You can talk about other bands, or other members of that band, too, if you want to be UNCOOL.

Old 11-18-2009, 04:23 AM   #26
Krick Wurkheiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malice In Wonderland View Post
You're wrong.
So wrong.
On second thoughts, you might be correct there... but not through fault of my reasoning, rather that I tend to overestimate people.
Krick Wurkheiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 05:44 AM   #27
Still Jack

Talking

Shoot yourself in the face, It will ultimately raise your quality of life.
Old 11-18-2009, 02:22 PM   #28
Krick Wurkheiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still Jack View Post
Shoot yourself in the face, It will ultimately raise your quality of life.
I could...

But if I shot you in the face instead, I'd improve the quality of both my own life and yours, and then some.
Old 11-18-2009, 11:07 PM   #29
Still Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krick Wurkheiser View Post
I could...

But if I shot you in the face instead, I'd improve the quality of both my own life and yours, and then some.
I was talking to Anarasha. Shooting me in the face is only to get you killed by hordes of my pissed off followers.
Old 11-18-2009, 11:17 PM   #30
Krick Wurkheiser

Quote:
I was talking to Anarasha. Shooting me in the face is only to get you killed by hordes of my pissed off followers.
In that case, I humbly retract that... it seemed you were talking to me. As you weren't, I'll step off. Sorry
Old 11-19-2009, 12:51 AM   #31
Lolly PopMuzik

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiouxsiePernova View Post
I always find your responses to threads like these highly amusing.
*grin* As you should.
Old 11-19-2009, 02:15 AM   #32
LakitaJackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by gothicusmaximus View Post
Go to a fucking bookstore, buy a copy of Moby-Dick, and read it. Don't even think for a second about 'researching the goth genre' until you're finished. In fact, don't eat anything or get off the exercise bike until you're finished, you fat piece of shit.
so your getting angry at him for making threads which is one of the main aspultions of message boards and then teasing him for being fat which JCC (who still owes me money or food stamps i irrefutably add) exhausted on that fatass vinyardxjizz, or some shit?...even if the joy from calling her fat is almost as good as gettin' some
LakitaJackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 03:15 AM   #33
sibyl vane.

Knowing names of genres doesn't make you clever. Try actually listening to music. That's what it's there for.
sibyl vane. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 05:11 AM   #34
Nihtgást

i find it sad that the pursuit of knowledge has become valid grounds for "flaming" or other such nonsense. if someone asks a question because they genuinely want to know the answer, either post an answer or hypothesis, or don't bother posting at all. i'm sure this forum was not made for the purpose of picking on people for being out of shape after they simply asked a question. stop being arrogant bastards and go get on with your lives.
Nihtgást is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 05:18 AM   #35
sibyl vane.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nihtgást View Post
i find it sad that the pursuit of knowledge has become valid grounds for "flaming" or other such nonsense. if someone asks a question because they genuinely want to know the answer, either post an answer or hypothesis, or don't bother posting at all. i'm sure this forum was not made for the purpose of picking on people for being out of shape after they simply asked a question. stop being arrogant bastards and go get on with your lives.
You're on the wrong website.
Old 11-19-2009, 05:19 AM   #36
Nihtgást

That may be true Sybl, but when i have something i find to be worth saying i say it.
Old 11-19-2009, 05:24 AM   #37
sibyl vane.

Except what you said wasn't really worth saying. People here aren't going to experience wild epiphanies because of your measly post.
Old 11-19-2009, 05:24 AM   #38
Still Jack

Quote:
Stop pretending to have a spine and quit being a self righteous prick. Go get on with your life, moron.
Old 11-19-2009, 05:29 AM   #39
Nihtgást

well pardon me for trying to assist someone.
Old 11-19-2009, 05:31 AM   #40
Still Jack

Seriously, it's not like you're trying to help him. He could have readily found the info he was looking for, in less than 20 keystrokes and less than 5 mouseklicks.
Old 11-19-2009, 05:34 AM   #41
Nihtgást

and just think, you could have gone to school and learned how to spell "clicks".
Old 11-19-2009, 05:54 AM   #42
sibyl vane.

Just as you could have learned to capitalise.
Old 11-19-2009, 11:34 AM   #43
Anarasha

Quote:
Seriously, it's not like you're trying to help him. He could have readily found the info he was looking for, in less than 20 keystrokes and less than 5 mouseklicks.
Jack, you and all the other people who flamed this thread seemed to have misunderstood my actual intentions.
I went out and DID find the info myself. I went out and DID read on it.
My sole intention was running it past people I believe could have helped me verify this new knowlEdge(I managed to do it right, yay) I managed to pick up.
I did not intend to drain you of knowledge(again, yay) without doing any work myself.
I went out, I did the work, I presented it and asked for some guidence and eventual corrections. However, how this triggered a series of flamings against my weight and height issues instead of the actual issues are beyond my understanding. I believed most of the people who decided to flame my physical appearance to be intelligent, but as it turns out, they managed to prove me wrong on that as well.
Anarasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 01:03 PM   #44
Nihtgást

every forum i have been on has had at least SOME people that apparently take pride in their "mad flaming skills", but of all of them, the award goes to the wonderful people of this forum, because, even on such a simple subject, EVERY POST has been for the purpose of flaming. and when one person tries to actually stay on topic, they get flamed. congratulations guys, you really are the best flamers.
and btw Sibyl, capitalization is not as important as spelling, and notice how i capitalize your name, even when you have done nothing to earn my respect.
Old 11-19-2009, 01:07 PM   #45
Methadrine

Quote:
congratulations guys, you really are the best flamers.
We could dowse our flamethrowers if the OP actually took his time using the search function of this forum and perused the myriad of threads, just like this one, created by other *sarcasm on* similarly less worthy mortals who don't know the musical difference between Evanescence and SpongeBob Squarepants. *sarcasm off*

"Meow. Mew. Mrow. Maow? Miaox." - Lovely Delkaetre speaks cat.
Methadrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 01:09 PM   #46
Malice In Wonderland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krick Wurkheiser View Post
On second thoughts, you might be correct there... but not through fault of my reasoning, rather that I tend to overestimate people.
I don't really know what to say.
I'm pretty sure this board's sick of facepalming.

"One mohawk wasn't enough to keep up with how badass he is so he had to get two." - Haunted House, about me, YEAH, ME!

Terror Nuclear,Terror Nuclear
Malice In Wonderland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 01:09 PM   #47
Still Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anarasha View Post
Jack, you and all the other people who flamed this thread seemed to have misunderstood my actual intentions.
I went out and DID find the info myself. I went out and DID read on it.
My sole intention was running it past people I believe could have helped me verify this new knowlEdge(I managed to do it right, yay) I managed to pick up.
I did not intend to drain you of knowledge(again, yay) without doing any work myself.
I went out, I did the work, I presented it and asked for some guidence and eventual corrections. However, how this triggered a series of flamings against my weight and height issues instead of the actual issues are beyond my understanding. I believed most of the people who decided to flame my physical appearance to be intelligent, but as it turns out, they managed to prove me wrong on that as well.
I never said anything about your physique, as I really can't give a shit. All I want is you to stop creating retarded threads like this. I mean, it's like duckies parody threads, save for the fact that they're about as funny as piles and get worse with every shot. This must be the third thread with a thread title, and content that's almost identical to the last...
Old 11-19-2009, 01:23 PM   #48
Anarasha

Well, no, you never mentioned my physique, and I thank you for that.
However, I really do not believe these threads to be retarded at all because the stuff which I am trying to learn something about really matters to me.
Because something doesn't matter to you or seems dumb to you does not in fact make it retarded. In such case, George W. Bush would be retarded... oh wait..
But my point is, that the lot of you may very well dislike my threads, and I will do you all the favour of not creating them, but I just want to make clear that my motives were never to make "stupid Duckman duplicate threads" or directly to annoy anyone. If I in fact managed to really provoke you all, I apolagize.
Anarasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 06:17 PM   #49
gothicusmaximus

Today, in the People's Republic of Benin, West Africa, another Goethe was born. Unfortunately, she emerged from her mother's womb with visible teeth, and was therefore judged by her parents to be a witch-baby, bound to bring unspeakable catastrophe upon her family. She was abandoned, to die of starvation and exposure. If she'd been to born your mom and dad, Anarasha, she would be studying Latin, Greek, and French. She'd be pursuing training in dance, riding, fencing, poetry and drawing. She'd already be developing her 'Faust'. Instead, here's you-- 'researching musical genres' by spamming goth message boards. Sincerely, I apologize if I was wrong in perceiving this post to be an attempt at impressing somebody. It was honestly a generous assessment, as craving social validation from gothic.net is substantially less pathetic than asking this forum about growling vocals while Goethe's stomach eats itself.
If you think I want you to somehow squeeze your body under the stairs and sob, you couldn't be more fucking wrong. Your undertaking that course of action would only infuriate me further. If you're curious, what I wish you would do, although I understand this wish to be a vain pipe-dream, is be moved by my quantification of just how much air you're wasting and buy a copy of Moby-Dick, empowering yourself to have a real intelligent conversation. I wish you would feel compelled to educate yourself about something of value and thereby develop the ability to really contribute to society. What is this "I have nothing better to do" bullshit? Yes, you fucking do.
By the by, I've made a bunch of threads, and just the other day I posted an exceedingly nice comment endorsing House of Leaves as a high-quality novel.
gothicusmaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 11:03 PM   #50
LakitaJackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by gothicusmaximus View Post
Today, in the People's Republic of Benin, West Africa, another Goethe was born. Unfortunately, she emerged from her mother's womb with visible teeth, and was therefore judged by her parents to be a witch-baby, bound to bring unspeakable catastrophe upon her family. She was abandoned, to die of starvation and exposure.
Ah...Africa, Good times...good times.
LakitaJackson is offline   Reply With Quote