Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > TV, Movies, & Games
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

TV, Movies, & Games Talk about your favorite TV shows, movies, games, and other media here. Or don't. We don't want to tell you what to do or anything.

Old 11-21-2007, 12:29 PM   #1
MariusCesar

World of Warcraft

I haven't really seen any threads or topics on this game. Does anyone play it? If so, post your armory or tell me your name, class, level, and realm you play in.

Ironmaidyn - 70 Prot. Warrior in Jaedenar

Powerslave - 29 Affliction Warlock in Jaedenar

Bauhaus - 39 Holy Priest in Hellscream (carebear)
MariusCesar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 01:52 PM   #2
GothicChristian

WoW eats your brain, that's all I have to say.
GothicChristian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 02:27 PM   #3
MariusCesar

I concur. It eats the ones that are tier 5 geared & 1-2 shot me in BG's. Luckily I'm just only Khara geared.
Old 11-21-2007, 03:03 PM   #4
GothicChristian

I didn't understand any of that, except that you concur. The WoWers must have their own language now. That means I must learn to decode it!
GothicChristian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 03:34 PM   #5
MariusCesar

Oh... then best you stay out of it. Good day.
Old 11-21-2007, 07:49 PM   #6
spoon!

It eats the wallet mostly
spoon! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 09:22 PM   #7
dark_dragon_of_ice

I Have 3 60s and 2 70's I might start playing it and start a new char after these exams im sitting.
dark_dragon_of_ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 10:12 PM   #8
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
It's rather simple to decrypt what he said, all you need to know is how an mmorpg works since WoW is pretty much an extremely generic game in terms of features, storyline, and everything else.

What he said was his character was crushed by a unit that is extremely effective against it, but fortunately for him he had on some crappy armor that was easy to replace rather than losing some extremely expensive armor that takes months to save up for.

The language of mmorpgs is usualy pretty basic with each mmorpg having it's own distinct dialect interchanging a few words here or there, for example in shadowbane instead of calling all your different characters characters you call them toons. But like in normal languages there are several terms that are universal such as noob (a commonly used insult in the gaming community similar to calling somone an idiot or jackass but more like a combination of the two). WoW sucks!

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 12:25 AM   #9
dark_dragon_of_ice

You don't lose armor or anything from dying in w.ow and at level 70 saving to repair armor( note your amour doesn't go down in durability when your killed by another player but rather a npc) isn't tough..infact you don't need to try.
Bg is short of battleground which is a instance between horde and alliance where its ether capture the flag..holding points or a huge war where you have to kill the npc leader of the opposite faction...Participating in this gives you points to buy better gear for your class.
Tier 1,2 ,3,4 ,5 and such is gear you get at end game from dungeon adventures of 25 plus people. And they make you alot stronger then people who do not have the gear saying that though
skill> gear.

Wow has won many awards from all major gamer reviews and is seen as the best mmorpg out at the moment for its great polish and certain innovations.
Old 11-22-2007, 12:34 AM   #10
dark_dragon_of_ice

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/misc/awards.html
Its missing a few awards..every review I seen gives it a high score.
Old 11-22-2007, 07:32 PM   #11
Renatus

Then why is the gaming world waiting for it to die?

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Old 11-22-2007, 08:47 PM   #12
Elf

Probably because it's a monstrously popular juggernaut.
Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 09:02 PM   #13
Mon Coeur Noir

I've lost several friends to W.o.W. I even tried playing it to see what the big deal was. I didn't get it, but whatever.
Mon Coeur Noir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 09:58 PM   #14
dark_dragon_of_ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renatus
Then why is the gaming world waiting for it to die?
Proof please and one forum doesn't show the opinion of the game world but a myriad of game reviewers do...But I have a feeling this is more your quick judgment on it then any real evidence.
Reminds me of people who think half life 2 was the worst game ever..
It isn't unless you mean game developers such as E.A who are just pissed off because they can't make inventive games anymore.
The population of wow is still growing up to 9.5 million subscribers...the biggest mmorpg of all time.
But then again theres no pleasing some people who obviously haven't played much of this said game.
Old 11-22-2007, 10:59 PM   #15
gothicusmaximus

Most of the 'gaming world' plays wow.
gothicusmaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 11:34 PM   #16
Elf

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_dragon_of_ice
The population of wow is still growing up to 9.5 million subscribers...the biggest mmorpg of all time.
But then again theres no pleasing some people who obviously haven't played much of this said game.
I had taken the statement, "waiting for it to die," not as a statement of "expecting it to die," but instead that a lot of the MMORPG industry does seem to expect that WoW is the one to beat.

The next killer MMORG will have to kill WoW (or at least wound the beast somehow.) Being the highest population, still growing, and with the next expansion looming on the horizon WoW is the 800-pound-gorilla of the MMORPG world, and it can sleep wherever it wants.

Would-be game companies who want to make their names in the MMORPG scene are looking at Blizzard as the heavyweight champions they will have to de-throne to have the best chance to make it big.
Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 11:43 PM   #17
dark_dragon_of_ice

I think warhammer online looks very promising...but maybe blizz will get ahead again with the new expansion coming up.
Old 11-23-2007, 08:02 AM   #18
Renatus

Quote:
Originally Posted by gothicusmaximus
Most of the 'gaming world' plays wow.
Most of the WoW players are casual gamers or little kids so they don't count for anything.

Old 11-23-2007, 01:01 PM   #19
dark_dragon_of_ice

Um.. not true at all most of the population is level 70 and it takes alot of effort to gear up in w.o.w (you should see all the hardcore guilds around...you can't get end of game gear without being in a relatively hardcore guild)...Maybe you should like at the WoW census? hmm?
But then you don't seem interested in real statistics.
Old 11-23-2007, 09:59 PM   #20
Dorian

I play WoW but all of my characters are low-level. I play on Frostwolf and Boulderfist mostly. My problem is I get bored quickly, and once I get a character to level 15 or so I start over with a new one.

I always pay for just a month and cancel my subscription until I feel like playing again, which is sometimes months and months later. I think it is a good game, though. You just need to take it in moderation.
Dorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 10:58 PM   #21
dark_dragon_of_ice

Yeah the early levels are a bit of a drag (but a quick drag as its relativily quick to lvl in wow). You should try the ptr to try a lvl 70 out to see what class you like
Old 11-24-2007, 12:49 AM   #22
Splintered

Anyone seen these?
http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/downloads/movies.html

Hilarious.

Anyway, I've played the game once. It was cool.
/myopinion
Old 11-24-2007, 12:58 AM   #23
Dorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_dragon_of_ice
Yeah the early levels are a bit of a drag (but a quick drag as its relativily quick to lvl in wow). You should try the ptr to try a lvl 70 out to see what class you like
I'm not sure what the ptr is... can you elaborate?
Dorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 01:00 AM   #24
dark_dragon_of_ice

public test server...you can download the client from wow site and when they have a new patch you test it on a lvl 70 on a public test server before it releases..you have to make you char on the site and stuff.
Old 11-24-2007, 01:01 AM   #25
dark_dragon_of_ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splintered
Anyone seen these?
http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/downloads/movies.html

Hilarious.

Anyway, I've played the game once. It was cool.
/myopinion
I love the murloc and mr T one XP