Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 03-18-2009, 03:59 PM   #1
Underwater Ophelia

Call the Whaaambulance, QGirl posted too much

WOAH.
QGIRL NEEDS TO BE DELETED IMMEDIATELY.

Too many threads!
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 04:00 PM   #2
jack_the_knife

I gave it an infraction, but I don't know if that made much difference.
jack_the_knife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 04:06 PM   #3
Sir Canvas Corpsey

I took away reputation from her, none of the infraction stuff seemed to fit, sure she spammed but it wasn't advertisements.
Old 03-18-2009, 04:08 PM   #4
DirtNap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underwater Ophelia View Post
WOAH.
QGIRL NEEDS TO BE DELETED IMMEDIATELY.
Too many threads!
How is this feedback on community functional changes?

Also, deleting people for starting non problematic threads seems counterproductive.
DirtNap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 04:24 PM   #5
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtNap View Post
How is this feedback on community functional changes?

Also, deleting people for starting non problematic threads seems counterproductive.
This community would function better if changes were made. Namely, if a poster wasn't able to make 900 pointless threads in two minutes.
The entire general section is clogged up.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 04:37 PM   #6
Man In Room 5

I infracted Qgirl.

I think I created a new neologism too.
Man In Room 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 04:39 PM   #7
DirtNap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man In Room 5 View Post
I infracted Qgirl.

I think I created a new neologism too.
For spam, and yet there was no spam.

I'd suggest a reverse infraction system for people that abuse the feature when they are clearly wrong. You call spam when there is nothing resembling spam and I think it should count against you.
Old 03-18-2009, 04:41 PM   #8
Man In Room 5

Quote:
For spam, and yet there was no spam.

I'd suggest a reverse infraction system for people that abuse the feature when they are clearly wrong. You call spam when there is nothing resembling spam and I think it should count against you.
I called spam because it was the most fitting option of a fairly limited selection obviously ill fitted to the problems here.
Man In Room 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 04:43 PM   #9
DirtNap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man In Room 5 View Post
I called spam because it was the most fitting option of a fairly limited selection obviously ill fitted to the problems here.
What was the problem?
Old 03-18-2009, 06:06 PM   #10
Saya

Quote:
What was the problem?
It is irksome that a member we know nothing about as she has just joined fills our board with inane posts that I'm betting they are never going to look at again. You know what it reminds me of? One of those forum bots or forum services that you can get to create "new and interesting threads to liven up the boards and attract new members." Or someone took a myspace survey and made a topic for every question. Some of them are alright topics but its too many at one time, and not even from someone who actually interacts with us.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 06:18 PM   #11
DirtNap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saya View Post
It is irksome that a member we know nothing about as she has just joined fills our board with inane posts that I'm betting they are never going to look at again. You know what it reminds me of? One of those forum bots or forum services that you can get to create "new and interesting threads to liven up the boards and attract new members." Or someone took a myspace survey and made a topic for every question. Some of them are alright topics but its too many at one time, and not even from someone who actually interacts with us.
Given the general reaction to new people here, I can see why they might not want to interact with crusty members and also why they might post some conversations and never come back either. They were perfectly fine conversation starters and she immediately racked up a handful of 'spam' infractions, when there was no spam. Why would some one want to stick around after being treated like that? It is 'irksome' that some people here can't share their sandbox without throwing a tantrum.
Old 03-18-2009, 06:23 PM   #12
Albert Mond

Smile

Quote:
Given the general reaction to new people here, I can see why they might not want to interact with crusty members and also why they might post some conversations and never come back either. They were perfectly fine conversation starters and she immediately racked up a handful of 'spam' infractions, when there was no spam. Why would some one want to stick around after being treated like that? It is 'irksome' that some people here can't share their sandbox without throwing a tantrum.
I'm sorry. I thought everybody knew how much QGirl looked like a bot. If it's not spam, then it's flooding. In case you didn't know, flooding is when you post a flood of useless random crap all at one time.
Albert Mond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 06:24 PM   #13
Saya

Quote:
When all our new members are like "I'm so gawf and my parents hate it so I hate them" or forum bots, how can you blame us for not being welcoming? Call us elitist if you will but I did enjoy that corner of the internet where people understood what goth music is or were genuine with their "conversation starters". Quality, not quantity.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 07:07 PM   #14
DirtNap

Quote:
When all our new members are like "I'm so gawf and my parents hate it so I hate them" or forum bots, how can you blame us for not being welcoming?
Because they are not all what you are saying they are.

Quote:
Call us elitist if you will but I did enjoy that corner of the internet where people understood what goth music is or were genuine with their "conversation starters". Quality, not quantity.
People here are hardly elitist. Very few of them actually know enough to be truly cultural elitists, they just cover for it by being prickly and talking about their seniority. Making new members feel bad is not the same as deep knowledge.
Old 03-18-2009, 07:15 PM   #15
DirtNap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Mond View Post
I'm sorry. I thought everybody knew how much QGirl looked like a bot. If it's not spam, then it's flooding. In case you didn't know, flooding is when you post a flood of useless random crap all at one time.
Useless is in the eye of the beholder. They were good conversational threads started by a new member. Gothic.net be getting some of those, as they work to improve the features and functionality of the site. Spam has a definition and it isn't just things you and you six friends didn't happen to say. Also, in case you didn't know, this forum has flood controls for an actual case of post flooding, so you can put lid on the condescension about 'random crap'.
Old 03-18-2009, 07:18 PM   #16
Albert Mond

Smile

Quote:
Useless is in the eye of the beholder. They were good conversational threads started by a new member. Gothic.net be getting some of those, as they work to improve the features and functionality of the site. Spam has a definition and it isn't just things you and you six friends didn't happen to say. Also, in case you didn't know, this forum has flood controls for an actual case of post flooding, so you can put lid on the condescension about 'random crap'.
You're right. Every thirty seconds, you can post. If you post a new thread every thirty-one seconds, you can get by it. QGirl is not a legitimate member.
I mod another website, and we wouldn't let people like that hang around. It's irksome, and nothing more.
Old 03-18-2009, 07:18 PM   #17
DirtNap

Quote:
Gee whiz. Someone call the plumber! This guy's full of shit.
And yet it's always coming out of your mouth. Weird.
Old 03-18-2009, 07:20 PM   #18
DirtNap

Quote:
I mod another website, and we wouldn't let people like that hang around. It's irksome, and nothing more.
So that's why your a troll here. I see.
Old 03-18-2009, 07:20 PM   #19
Albert Mond

Smile

Quote:
And yet it's always coming out of your mouth. Weird.
You should have your own TV Show. They can call it "No U!".
Old 03-18-2009, 07:25 PM   #20
Albert Mond

Smile

Quote:
So that's why your a troll here. I see.
http://www.the-isb.com/images/PW-Objection01.jpg
I follow the standards of the sites I visit.
Old 03-18-2009, 07:41 PM   #21
gothicusmaximus

DirtNap, can you honestly not see the problem with QGirl's behavior? OBVIOUSLY the poster is a bot, or some bullshit company's intern at best. 'She' posted no introduction thread, something a newbie so zealous most likely would have done. Although 'she' contrived an incredible number of intellectual quandaries for our membership to navigate, 'she' refrained from offering 'her' own opinion on a single one, and never contributed to even one other thread.

Posting so many threads consecutively does clutter the message board and thereby disrupt the forum, although this hardly bothers me as much as does your failure to recognize that Qgirl isn't a legitimate member.
gothicusmaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 07:47 PM   #22
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
Holy smokes! Dirtnap is back from the dead! Did any of you other senior members get chills like I did just seeing his name pop up again?

This just gave me an idea for a story.

HumanePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 08:00 PM   #23
Pyre

I was thoroughly annoyed with Qgirl's posts. I would not be so annoyed if she seemed legitimate and didn't post every 30 seconds. It's one thing to post a lot of threads that you truly want the opinion of or think will roll in others' opinions, but it's another when you flood the message boards with it. There needs to be a greater limit to creating new threads. Although some of the threads could result in interesting conversation, many were very inane and will only survive just barely through tonight until someone like Becca_Lugosi runs through them trying to revive them all months from now.

"Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you" The Bible (Matthew 7:12)
Pyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 10:20 PM   #24
tekajo

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumanePain View Post
Holy smokes! Dirtnap is back from the dead! Did any of you other senior members get chills like I did just seeing his name pop up again?
no.

QGirl is probably from Blueblood here to "liven things up" so that makes her untouchable. Unless you want to be banninated.
tekajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 10:34 PM   #25
gothicusmaximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by tekajo View Post
QGirl is probably from Blueblood here to "liven things up" so that makes her untouchable. Unless you want to be banninated.
Oh, I see I was a bit off base then. She is some bullshit intern set to flooding the boards by her superiors, but those superiors just happen to be gnet's administrators. Radical.
gothicusmaximus is offline   Reply With Quote