Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 08-30-2010, 06:07 AM   #1
OnyxBat

Smile Some thing I can never forget about

Well this is my first rant so...

Me and my dad were in PA and all day and through out the day all I hear is my dad getting phone calls about a cat, I kept asking him what was wrong and he said "Nothing". Later he took me to pizza hut (never been there before) we ate and in the parking lot he said "did you like the pizza?" I nod "Carol,the cat fell from the balcony and he might be dead" then all you hear is me yelling at the top of my lungs. In the car my dad was just laughing to him self because of my crying and me saying "he was my only friend...sob...sob...he understood me better than you did...countless of sobs" (I was 10 at the time). The details were that the cat fell off ten stories and landed on a car, broke the window and fainted. The car owner found him and rushed him to the vet and the cat turned out to live.

And now my dad just comments and says " I guess he thought he was superman and relized he wasn't" *laugh* "god just hearing you cry was...WOW" *imitates my crying.
I can never forgive him for this...ever.
(takes me to pizza hut then askes me how was the damn pizza and tells me the cat might be dead)
OnyxBat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 06:50 AM   #2
ssj_goku

wat a dik kfc is beter. what pizaa did u get
ssj_goku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 07:51 AM   #3
Ben Lahnger

That's pretty heartless. I'm sorry to hear your own father treated you like that.

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 09:48 AM   #4
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
It is unfortunate you dad would do that.

Though I do consider it quite interesting your cat survived, from what I've heard, for a human at least, 10 stories is the minimum height needed to guarentee that you'll die from a fall.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 10:24 AM   #5
ape descendant

....he was laughing at you while you were crying? Unless you cry all the time, or sound REALLY funny... that sounds bad.

I understand the close bond one can develop with a feline friend. When I was a little baby-bat like yourself, I had a black and white tuxedo-cat that I had raised from a kitten. He was my best friend in the whole world, we hung out together all the time and had our own conversations... our own part human part cat sort of language that we spoke together.... but one day, out of the blue, he yelled at me and left... That took me a little while to get over.

I know I'm a total gaywad for loving my pets so much, but a lot of times cats are better company than most humans... especially when the humans around you take you to a pizza place like nothing bad has happened...probably so you "couldn't" make a scene... and gets all weird when you do... cause well, death sucks, especially when its your furry friend.

Be Kind
ape descendant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 10:38 AM   #6
Saya

What an asshole. Yesterday I was downtown and we found two statues of dogs (A Newfoundland and a Labrador Retriever, hyuck hyuck) and they had a sign near them that said "The average dog is nicer than the average person." Times like these it feels very true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renatus View Post
It is unfortunate you dad would do that.

Though I do consider it quite interesting your cat survived, from what I've heard, for a human at least, 10 stories is the minimum height needed to guarentee that you'll die from a fall.
I think mice can survive that and not be injured, 10 feet is less of an issue the smaller the animal.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 11:10 AM   #7
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saya View Post
What an asshole. Yesterday I was downtown and we found two statues of dogs (A Newfoundland and a Labrador Retriever, hyuck hyuck) and they had a sign near them that said "The average dog is nicer than the average person." Times like these it feels very true.

I think mice can survive that and not be injured, 10 feet is less of an issue the smaller the animal.
We said 10 stories not 10 feet, if 10 stories were to equal 10 feet imagine how short we would have to be:P

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 11:27 AM   #8
Saya

Adoy. My bad, but I was thinking stories! Mice can survive a big fall!
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 11:33 AM   #9
gothicusmaximus

As I see it, the guy took you out for pizza in an effort to soften the blow of discovering that your pet's life was in danger. You then threw an embarrassingly loud public tantrum about how your father didn't understand you as well as your cat. In that situation, I wouldn't be able to do much but laugh either.
gothicusmaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 12:30 PM   #10
Despanan

Guys, seriously, it's a troll.

stop talking to it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Lahnger
I have chugged more than ten epic boners.
Despanan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 12:32 PM   #11
Alan

The only thing worth bothering about in here is this: why is there a smiley face in the title?
real classy
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 12:46 PM   #12
gothicusmaximus

OnyxBat is definitely a genuine idiot. I speak from painful experience when I caution that you can't get too hairtrigger with the troll identification, as there was a good three week period for which I was sure xjin couldn't be serious.
gothicusmaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 12:58 PM   #13
Despanan

Read its Blog.

This is clearly the work of a Troll, and when we were talking about magic in Ssj_Goku's Existance thread, it followed up my anecdote about Talisman magic by asking if it could buy one.

It said it stayed away from black magic "because of its mom's Ouiji experience" but then promptly reversed itself and agreed that Ouiji was bullshit.

Later it claimed it didn't know what a troll was, when a week earlier it had accused me of being a troll.

The stupidity is too inconsistent for it to be a real person. It's a troll who's periodically getting lazy and forgetting what its said in the past.
Quote:
Old 08-30-2010, 03:02 PM   #14
Ben Lahnger

I'm not really sure about this entry (although the smiley face is quite the embarrassing contradiction), but I'm with GM on this. Overall she qualifies as an idiot, not a troll. Idiots forget what they've said in the past too. Severe idiots forget what they said 5 minutes ago.

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 04:43 PM   #15
OnyxBat

I put the face because it's my first rant, wow you guy are so great calling me an idiot and a troll...just great.

And for the other truly important posts, I love my dad but he can be very mean at times ( I guess he knew before hand that the cat was going to be ok, but hey the bill got to him, $800). And I am extreamly close to my cat and that day was just the worst. But I'm over it, I just came to me this morning.
Old 08-30-2010, 06:11 PM   #16
Alan

You told your father your cat understands you more than him, even after he took you to Pizza Hut, a place you had never gone to, because he was trying to find a way to ameliorate the bad news he had to tell his daughter.
The only fault I find with your father was that his superman joke was fucking lame. Other than that, yay him, fuck you.
real classy
Old 08-30-2010, 07:15 PM   #17
OnyxBat

This is out of the topic...dispirited, that is what describes you (well to me it dose) , you cast down on people and that's all.
Old 08-30-2010, 09:09 PM   #18
Fruitbat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Lahnger View Post
I'm not really sure about this entry (although the smiley face is quite the embarrassing contradiction), but I'm with GM on this. Overall she qualifies as an idiot, not a troll. Idiots forget what they've said in the past too. Severe idiots forget what they said 5 minutes ago.
Maybe it just proves she's not a good liar. My old man used to say that to be a good liar you needed to have a good memory so you were never caught out.

I guess I'd fall into the severe idiot category, because I always forget what I've said, but I'd prefer to put that down to sleep deprivation than actually having a low IQ or some other mental impairment.

Not trying to provoke a fight, just expressing an opinion that's all.

Onyx - I think sometimes we expect Parents to do or say all the right things at the right time. Maybe he was trying to do something nice, but just fucked it up. Have you tried talking to him about it?

"Always be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle." - Plato

Help me, I'm holding on for dear life

Fruitbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 06:26 AM   #19
OnyxBat

Yeah I have talked with him, he apologized but still...pizza hut.
Old 08-31-2010, 07:10 AM   #20
Alan

PIZZA HUT!! c
real classy
Old 08-31-2010, 07:20 AM   #21
Fruitbat

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnyxBat View Post
Yeah I have talked with him, he apologized but still...pizza hut.
At least he tried.

"Always be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle." - Plato

Help me, I'm holding on for dear life

Fruitbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 07:53 PM   #22
KontanKarite

Onyxbat is a total troll.

Not all beliefs and ideas are equal.
KontanKarite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 05:31 PM   #23
OnyxBat

And...Anything else?
Old 09-09-2010, 04:39 PM   #24
Despanan

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnyxBat View Post
And...Anything else?
Probably a bot.
Quote:
Old 09-10-2010, 11:59 AM   #25
KontanKarite

OMG, everyone! Look at this totally cute puppy!

Not all beliefs and ideas are equal.
KontanKarite is offline   Reply With Quote