Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 12-13-2005, 03:15 PM   #276
katsumy

Hey Xnguela I like your new display it's cool !!
could come true some day soon...

* Katsumy *
katsumy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005, 04:29 AM   #277
teknopuppy23

Well, after thoroughly frying my hair I went in search of alternatives to hair coloring. I'm most interested in yarn falls... anybody have any helpful links on how to make 'em?
Thx, -Pup.
teknopuppy23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005, 02:32 PM   #278
Kettu

Falls are kinda cheap. I would just go buy them.
Kettu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005, 11:59 PM   #279
teknopuppy23

I realize they're cheap... but haven't you ever wanted to know how to do something just to know how to do something? I'm a "why" kinda person... don't get me started ;P
teknopuppy23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2005, 12:48 AM   #280
Blushing Heliophobe

I have a question for everyone.

With the conversation of whether or not blonde is 'gawth' enough please disregarded, how do you guys think I would look blonde?

My reasons being, I've never gone blonde and I want to do something drastic but I'm not allowed to do unnatural colors in my job.

My picture is in the picture post...so, what do you guys think?

Be honest!
Blushing Heliophobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2005, 01:08 AM   #281
Sanctus Dei

I like it brunette... but you could try it I guess.
Your blatant disregard and lack of respect for the members here pisses me off. You think that just because Sanctus likes you for some reason(?) , that you can act like a bastard and get absolutely no comeuppance? Fuck you dickwad!

-Never mistake my tolerance for fucking approval.... never.
Sanctus Dei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2005, 01:11 AM   #282
Blushing Heliophobe

I like being brunette too, it's just my enquenchable urge to keep doing something different.

So, you don't think it would be a train wreck, necessarily?
Old 12-16-2005, 06:12 AM   #283
syn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blushing Heliophobe
I have a question for everyone.

With the conversation of whether or not blonde is 'gawth' enough please disregarded, how do you guys think I would look blonde?

My reasons being, I've never gone blonde and I want to do something drastic but I'm not allowed to do unnatural colors in my job.

My picture is in the picture post...so, what do you guys think?

Be honest!
I dyed my hair blond (getting the black dye out first nearly killed my aunt), I think if it's really pale blond then it'd look good, it'd depend on your skin tone as to how good it looks. I liked being blond but it really didn't suit me.
syn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005, 06:14 AM   #284
Blushing Heliophobe

I assume of you live in the UK as well as I do, you're probably pretty fair skinned too? Did it make you look washed out?
Old 12-16-2005, 10:52 AM   #285
Tall One In Black

I don't like it when hair color and skin color are nearly the same. Really pale skin with light blonde hair doesn't provide enough contrast.

Perhaps you could try thick block highlights? Adding some chunky blonde or red streaks would definitely give you a new look.

The trend here is to have "tiered" hair - blonde on top of the head and brunette on bottom. You could reverse that and have the bottom portion of your hair bleached blonde.
Old 12-19-2005, 12:11 AM   #286
Blushing Heliophobe

I asked my mister this weekend and he agreed with you guys about my complexion not working with it...I just get so tired of the same old thing!

TallOne, I think I'm going to go with throwing some highlights in there to at least make a change. I can't wait until I don't have a job (even if I'm 60) and I can dye my hair blue or pink or whatever else I want.

Thanks, guys...
Old 12-19-2005, 01:27 AM   #287
BlackWidow

I am naturally blonde, I dye my hair black a lot and people cant even tell it's dyed. Some people even tell me I look better with black hair. Bit it's weird; when I dye my hair black, I miss being blonde, when I dye it blonde, I miss it being black. Right now, it is fading and I want it blonde again. I forgot what I look like with blonde hair. But I want to try the thing I did a few moths ago-bleach blonde on top, red on bottom, and black tips. It was so cool and looked awesome put up in a pony tail. I dont thinkbeing blonde makes you any less goth. I love that fact/idea-a blonde goth. It's like an oxymoron, or a sarcastic way of showing you are goth and dont care what your "stereotype" is. I think I look good with blonde hair and dark make up and clothes.
Old 12-19-2005, 02:13 PM   #288
Bete Noire

I have curly dark brown hair. It's almost an afro type thing. I hate it. are there any options for making the abomination of curly hair look more "goth"?
Bete Noire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 02:31 PM   #289
Circle V

I'm blonde, but it's hard to tell by my pictures. Perhaps I'll upload a photo with actual color and correct contrast and darkness values. That would be special.

I got my hair trimmed today. It looks fine, though a bit uninspired. I part it to the side, generally. It's long enough to reach my eyes if I stretch it. Any ideas?
Old 12-19-2005, 02:51 PM   #290
Circle V

All! Mostly style, however. As for color, my parents have vetoed any color darker than it is currently.
Old 12-19-2005, 02:56 PM   #291
horrorgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bete Noire
I have curly dark brown hair. It's almost an afro type thing. I hate it. are there any options for making the abomination of curly hair look more "goth"?
I have curly hair. I use a bunch of mousse(sp?) and I let it air dry. Right now I have a bob to my jawline. In the past I had a devilock(with the rest of my hair shaved off) which I used to straighten every day. Another good idea to thin out you hair would be to get an undercut. Just leaving your hair on the very top of your head and shaving underneath. That cut worked for me for over ten years. At one point I had the top growing all the way to the small of my back.I even got a job at Macy's with that haircut because they couldn't tell that my head was shaved underneath.

I'm gothtastically delicious!
horrorgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 03:03 PM   #292
Wise Child

My hairdresser runs a razor through my hair on the underside to thin it. I have really thick hair that I've never been able to do anything with, but since she did that it's really easy to make it straight and sleek. Maybe that would work.
Wise Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 03:28 PM   #293
syn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blushing Heliophobe
I assume of you live in the UK as well as I do, you're probably pretty fair skinned too? Did it make you look washed out?
Not so much washed out, it just didn't seem to look right. Yeah I live in the uk too.
syn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2005, 07:11 PM   #294
Infiniitivi

One of my friends has really super thick hair and what he does is get an undercut. His hair just started to brush his shoulders. Most people don't even know he has almost half of his head shaved.
Infiniitivi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2005, 07:17 PM   #295
katsumy

I died my hair back to my original black... It's called black "velvet" with a base blue... OH MY GOTH ... my hair looks so hot now... But I have to die it over later, because you can still see little bangs of red coming true. I hate when that happens
could come true some day soon...

* Katsumy *
katsumy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2005, 08:52 PM   #296
Circle V

Willard has cool hair, as does the guy who plays Bruce Wayne in the latest film. Perhaps I shall part my hair like them.

Has anyone seen those colored styling gels? I can't recall the brand (I'd appreciate help here). I'm thinking of grabbing the silver version before or instead of dying my hair, just to see how it works. That way, I could leave my hair "normal" at times and still have the option to color and style it how I wish.
Old 12-26-2005, 10:12 PM   #297
WolfMoon

What is a devilock?

I've been thinking of getting an A-line. I'm just tired of my look.
WolfMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2005, 10:22 PM   #298
xXambivalenceXx

A devilock is a truly hideous hair cut made popular by Davey Havoc*Or so I think he made it popular... he had it though* where all of the hair is short except for a small chunk in the front, which is long and in the face.
Old 12-27-2005, 06:55 AM   #299
Sanctus Dei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Circle V
Willard has cool hair, as does the guy who plays Bruce Wayne in the latest film. Perhaps I shall part my hair like them.

Has anyone seen those colored styling gels? I can't recall the brand (I'd appreciate help here). I'm thinking of grabbing the silver version before or instead of dying my hair, just to see how it works. That way, I could leave my hair "normal" at times and still have the option to color and style it how I wish.
Willard is Crispin Glover... Batman is Christian Bale (oh so hot Christain Bale) and your hair gel is called Dye Hard, a product made by Manic Panic.

Make sure you take a pic if you do color it!!
Your blatant disregard and lack of respect for the members here pisses me off. You think that just because Sanctus likes you for some reason(?) , that you can act like a bastard and get absolutely no comeuppance? Fuck you dickwad!

-Never mistake my tolerance for fucking approval.... never.
Sanctus Dei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005, 12:28 PM   #300
WolfMoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXambivalenceXx
A devilock is a truly hideous hair cut made popular by Davey Havoc*Or so I think he made it popular... he had it though* where all of the hair is short except for a small chunk in the front, which is long and in the face.
You mean kinda like how The Misfits did their hair in the early days?
WolfMoon is offline   Reply With Quote