Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Spooky News
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Spooky News Spooky news from around the web goes in this forum. Please always credit and link your source and only use sources which are okay with being posted. No profanity in subject headings please.

Old 01-21-2006, 12:54 PM   #1
Empty_Purple_Stars

Dead Man Rides Subway

Dead Man Rides Subway For Hours Before Anyone Notices

POSTED: 12:25 pm CST January 20, 2006

NEW YORK -- A man was found dead on a New York City subway car during Thursday morning rush hour, and his lifeless body may have ridden on the train for about six hours.

A city transit spokesman said the body of Eugene Reilly was found in the last car of the train in the 14th Street-Union Square station in Manhattan shortly after 7 a.m.

The train was evacuated while emergency medical technicians were called to the scene.

Authorities said there are no signs of foul play or injuries. An autopsy has been scheduled to determined the cause and time of death.

The 64-year-old man was a Postal Service employee, who typically worked until just after midnight as a mail handler in midtown Manhattan.

If Reilly left work at the usual time and died during the 35-minute trip home to Brooklyn, then his body could have been on the train for more than six hours before being noticed.

In June 1999, the body of a man was found on a No. 1 train. He apparently had been dead for five hours before anyone noticed.

Source
Empty_Purple_Stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 04:29 PM   #2
Surgeon Méchant De Sang

Location: In some desolate wooded area with the rest of the trailer trash.
Dead man riding? Haha.

*Hears sounds of crickets*

I imagine he probably would have preferred to die in the comfort of his own home.
I actually some pity for this poor guy for that very reason...
Surgeon Méchant De Sang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2006, 02:07 PM   #3
Ash60988

oh my god that is really freaky and scary
Ash60988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2006, 02:44 PM   #4
rockandrose

Somehow, this story reminds me of a girl who was strangled to death on a train, and her head was left in a way that appeared she was looking up at the ceiling.

The murders? Two "gothic" girls.

Stereotypcially, they say these two "gothic" girls' reason to murdering the stranger was because they apparently workship the "Devil". I find that quite hilarious really.

As the whole event was captured on a surveillance video cam recorder, the train driver had reported to the police, who eventually arrested the criminals.

A true story.
Old 02-04-2006, 05:10 PM   #5
Godslayer Jillian

So why did they murder her?

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2006, 05:20 PM   #6
rockandrose

Well, I don't know what the outcome was after they got arrested.

Assumingly, they got sentenced to jail?
Old 02-04-2006, 05:41 PM   #7
cannibalnuns

Shows what kind of world we live in and just how much people pay attention. That is pretty scary.
Firmness in enduring and exertion is a character I always wish to possess. I have always despised the whining yelp of complaint and cowardly resolve.- Robert Burns
cannibalnuns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 08:30 PM   #8
ThinkDifferent

All mammals and possibly other species of animals can sense death, even humans. It is perturbing to hear such reflections of how consciously inept the individual of our society is of his surroundings.
ThinkDifferent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 06:18 AM   #9
Blushing Heliophobe

Well, I guess it goes to show that there is a bit of truth to the saying "New Yorkers will step over your dead body to cross the street."
Blushing Heliophobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006, 03:18 PM   #10
grimreaper993

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockandrose
Somehow, this story reminds me of a girl who was strangled to death on a train, and her head was left in a way that appeared she was looking up at the ceiling.

The murders? Two "gothic" girls.

Stereotypcially, they say these two "gothic" girls' reason to murdering the stranger was because they apparently workship the "Devil". I find that quite hilarious really.

As the whole event was captured on a surveillance video cam recorder, the train driver had reported to the police, who eventually arrested the criminals.

A true story.
Those kinds of things leave an immortal scar on the gothic society. Like the Columbine murders being called goths for listnening to Metal and wearing trench coats. Ironic how no one blames the Army surplus stores that supplied the guns.
grimreaper993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006, 03:23 PM   #11
edible_eye

bah. this is new york city we're talking about. i wonder why the bums weren't using his corpse as a pillow.
Old 02-28-2006, 08:43 AM   #12
Lady Ravenna

Wow, that is bizzare!
Lady Ravenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 02:24 PM   #13
Ash60988

very interestinmg and scary. Where do you guys find this spooky news at?
Ash60988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 02:36 PM   #14
She_Is_My_Sin

Ah there was a story like that over here. It was on Crime Watch. This girl was sat on a train & a guy kept staring at her. When she spoke to him, he didn't say or do anything.The he sort of flopped over in a strange way & she guessed he was dead. Things like that freak me out a little.
She_Is_My_Sin is offline   Reply With Quote