Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 09-04-2009, 02:47 AM   #1
TheHandThatFeeds

Thinking of buying a WW2 german officer cap.

Hello there! I recently bought some great looking black cyber goggles but I've found they are a tad too small to wear on the forehead, they add alot of pressure to my temples after a few hours which gives me hell of a headache. So I was thinking about buying a hat and have them infront of that.
Proplem is, I already wear trenchcoat and tight gloves 'n such, and I've had a few remarks about being nazist. I dont think a officer hat would realy help on it.
Now I am all in for having your own style and not getting influenced by others, but. Its somewhat a proplem if people will get disgusted by me or wanting to beat me up...
Note ofcourse, that I am very much against nazism and racism and I'd never judge someone on their shell but by their personality. But I give them, their look had some damn style.
I also thought about a german helmet instead, and then painting it black. Maybe adding spikes in the middle and up like a "mohawk". Anyway. Here is some links to both!

http://www.mooncostumes.com/item/590...e&SSAID=198698
I will ofcourse be removing the insignia, and the helmet=
http://www.ima-usa.com/product_info....oducts_id/1542

Give your opinions please : )
TheHandThatFeeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 03:21 AM   #2
Lord Thomas Von Slut Esq.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHandThatFeeds View Post
Hello there! I recently bought some great looking black cyber goggles but I've found they are a tad too small to wear on the forehead, they add alot of pressure to my temples after a few hours which gives me hell of a headache. So I was thinking about buying a hat and have them infront of that.
Proplem is, I already wear trenchcoat and tight gloves 'n such, and I've had a few remarks about being nazist. I dont think a officer hat would realy help on it.
Now I am all in for having your own style and not getting influenced by others, but. Its somewhat a proplem if people will get disgusted by me or wanting to beat me up...
Note ofcourse, that I am very much against nazism and racism and I'd never judge someone on their shell but by their personality. But I give them, their look had some damn style.
I also thought about a german helmet instead, and then painting it black. Maybe adding spikes in the middle and up like a "mohawk". Anyway. Here is some links to both!

http://www.mooncostumes.com/item/590...e&SSAID=198698
I will ofcourse be removing the insignia, and the helmet=
http://www.ima-usa.com/product_info....oducts_id/1542

Give your opinions please : )

My opinion:

Don't be a cyber kid and don't wear goggles.
They don't look cool and just make you look less decadent than a visual kei kid, and that's pretty low on decadency.
And gosh, wearing a trench? Wear velvet, you are soooo like... GOSH...
VELVET = GOOD.
You make me sick! Goths shouldn't become like... this... I HATE YOU, GOSH.
Lord Thomas Von Slut Esq. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 03:33 AM   #3
MissCheyenne

Only you can decide if it's really something you want to wear and if you're prepared for the reactions you might get to it. Can't say I'd personally want to wear something like that but it's entirely up to you. Just be aware that some people may find it offensive and react badly to it. If you're prepared to face the possible negative reactions to it, then go for it. If you're not so sure you can deal with the reactions it may cause, then don't. Simple as that.
MissCheyenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 04:54 AM   #4
TheHandThatFeeds

Thanks for the reply MissCheyenne.
And sorry I am hated O . O but thats up to you...
This is the coat by the way http://www.x-tra-x.com/bilder/artikel/33407-g.jpg
Old 09-04-2009, 04:56 AM   #5
TheHandThatFeeds

Owai. You are the vampire troll. I am not sorry anyhow <.<
Old 09-04-2009, 05:59 AM   #6
Lord Thomas Von Slut Esq.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehandthatfeeds View Post
owai. You are the vampire troll. I am not sorry anyhow <.<
god damnit you're such like an ass like gosh.
Not a troll.
Lord Thomas Von Slut Esq. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 07:05 AM   #7
Stormtrooper of Death

I'd recommend a Soviet Officer's Cap personally. You can get them much cheaper and there are a far higher quantity. However, they usually are in a Russian olive drab, so if you were planning to go with more of a black, it probably wouldn't work.

http://www.rusmilitary.com/images/peak_hat%20(1).jpg
Old 09-04-2009, 07:24 AM   #8
DepthsofSpace

Go Ruski, as Stormy suggested.

I think the Naval Officer caps are black and you can find them around. I want to wear one for the hell of it, but not sure if that would be a great idea being in the intell field. Do not want to loose my clearance. =P

Goffs think you have to rip off the wings of a butterfly to show your love.

Goths know that love has already broken the wings of a butterfly on a wheel.
DepthsofSpace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 07:29 AM   #9
TheHandThatFeeds

Oooh those looks awesome, thank you! : D do you think its possible to get some dye you can colour them with?
Old 09-04-2009, 07:39 AM   #10
Stormtrooper of Death

I'm sure you can, but be careful with that. Military fabric has always been harder to dye, at least in my experience.
Old 09-04-2009, 07:43 AM   #11
JCC

Their look did not have style, all of this bullshit of suburban teens wearing old military clothing is just a dumb fucking gimmick and nobody's impressed.
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 07:58 AM   #12
TheHandThatFeeds

Hmm... It does look pretty nice, and I've searched a bit around... The black ones I found (from the navy) where all sold out on diffrent sites : < and the one on Rusmilitary was only size 54, my head is 62 <.<
Old 09-04-2009, 08:31 AM   #13
Raptor

Don't get the helmet.
Raptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 07:27 AM   #14
Sephiroth Kali

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCC View Post
Their look did not have style, all of this bullshit of suburban teens wearing old military clothing is just a dumb fucking gimmick and nobody's impressed.
Since when does that matter? Its never been about impressing anybody. Its them expressing themselves. And fuck anyone who says otherwise, wear what you like kid. And I like the russian hat.

Personally, I think the nazi's symbols were cool as shit. Its what they came to stand for that sucked. If you do decide to go with the german stuff, id recommend removing the swastika, fys.
Sephiroth Kali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 07:36 AM   #15
vindicatedxjin

The nazi hat is kick ass!

Bring Kontan Back
vindicatedxjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 08:23 AM   #16
Jonathan

Quote:
Quoted for truth. I'd go a step further and also put most things steampunk, cyber, and Victorian under the same category.
Jonathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 09:05 AM   #17
Malice In Wonderland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Thomas Von Slut Esq. View Post
My opinion:

Don't be a cyber kid and don't wear goggles.
They don't look cool and just make you look less decadent than a visual kei kid, and that's pretty low on decadency.
And gosh, wearing a trench? Wear velvet, you are soooo like... GOSH...
VELVET = GOOD.
You make me sick! Goths shouldn't become like... this... I HATE YOU, GOSH.
I agree with everything here.
Maybe apart from the velvet.

"One mohawk wasn't enough to keep up with how badass he is so he had to get two." - Haunted House, about me, YEAH, ME!

Terror Nuclear,Terror Nuclear
Malice In Wonderland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 09:57 AM   #18
Ko Pilot

Fuck everyone, military's hot.

I personally like the helmet (it's got that very iconic silhouette), though you'd probably want it in black... and I guess for the sake of having a suitable "outfit", one of the officer's caps would probably suit your needs a bit better.
Ko Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 04:11 PM   #19
Lolly PopMuzik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth Kali View Post
Since when does that matter? Its never been about impressing anybody. Its them expressing themselves. And fuck anyone who says otherwise, wear what you like kid. And I like the russian hat.

Personally, I think the nazi's symbols were cool as shit. Its what they came to stand for that sucked. If you do decide to go with the german stuff, id recommend removing the swastika, fys.
You've never read the likes of Propaganda and Gloom Cookie or heard of Convergence, have you?

But seriously, your ill-conceived thought that the symbols of a genocidal regime are the shit is nothing but a plea for Sweet Minty Jesus to smite you where you sit. Hell, even Siouxsie was beyond embarrassed when her use of the swastika armband got her ass whooped in Paris.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
Quoted for truth. I'd go a step further and also put most things steampunk, cyber, and Aristocratic Victorian under the same category.
Unless you're trying to emulate an actual icon (Bessie Coleman, Amelia Earhart, Tuskegee pilot, Red Baron, etc.) or using a coat or boots out of necessity, cosigned.
Old 09-10-2009, 04:58 PM   #20
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
Quote:
As has been said the idea isn't about impressing others, it's about the simple fact that they are very good looking uniforms, which is undoubtably what the designers of the uniforms were going for. I honesty cant see how you could impress somone by wearing a symbol of the Nazi regime. While you may disagree with the idea that the uniforms look very good, that is a simple matter of opinion.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 05:23 PM   #21
Ko Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolly PopMuzik View Post
Hell, even Siouxsie was beyond embarrassed when her use of the swastika armband got her ass whooped in Paris.
Well now that you've said that, we REALLY better not do it!
Ko Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 12:36 AM   #22
Red Menace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renatus View Post
As has been said the idea isn't about impressing others, it's about the simple fact that they are very good looking uniforms, which is undoubtably what the designers of the uniforms were going for. I honesty cant see how you could impress somone by wearing a symbol of the Nazi regime. While you may disagree with the idea that the uniforms look very good, that is a simple matter of opinion.
This is not just a question of aesthetics; they're very recognisable uniforms, even with the badges and patches taken off. Recognition will provoke a reaction.

I feel uncomfortable with people playing with nazi iconography, especially as it is still being used by modern far-right and white-power groups. Sorry, but if I saw someone in those kinds of clothes I wouldn't say anything or confront them but I would definitely think they were an arsehole and to be avoided.

There are lots of other good-looking uniforms out there.
Red Menace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 07:15 AM   #23
Stormtrooper of Death

Personally, the Russians have cheaper and better uniforms.
Old 09-11-2009, 10:56 AM   #24
TheHandThatFeeds

Oi, alot of posts all of a sudden : P
I have found this SS officer hat in black -LEATHER <3- which I have ordered,
http://www.northerngoodies.com/store/item/ns_0698.html
I will ofcourse be removing the marks.
I see it as such that wearing a nazi hat says "this guy is maybe a nazi or he just like the style", wearing the insignia definately tells you are a nazist. As a mark is used to refere to what you believe in.
Old 09-11-2009, 10:58 AM   #25
Stormtrooper of Death

That's cool and all, but you paid waaaaaaayyyyyyyy too much for a hat.