Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 08-15-2009, 08:45 AM   #26
The Catalyst

My objective is to get you to think, getting someone to join is simpy a commodity. The problem is people's ignorance. A person can be intelligent, people however, are scared, timid, angry little beings. That is what is running Earth into it's own ground.
The Catalyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 08:47 AM   #27
Saya

See, this is why I posted the Jenova comic, you're giving religious rhetoric I hope you realize.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 08:53 AM   #28
The Catalyst

When I say think I mean just think, it can be about anything. I simply wish to make people think about something, have your own realizations. I don't want people to foolishly fall for petty words and join my organization, I want them to think.
Old 08-15-2009, 08:59 AM   #29
Saya

Yeah Buddha is way ahead of you there. Its religious rhetoric because I can make a big list of religions that would say the same thing, only they aren't military, which is a plus. So how are you "going to make people think"?
Old 08-15-2009, 09:07 AM   #30
The Catalyst

Well I already have by posting here, by you and other members replying, I got you to think. Even if you look down on me, think my ideas are idiotic or think my ideas need work, you thought about it.
Old 08-15-2009, 09:18 AM   #31
The Catalyst

P.S. "Truth Bombs", I like that...
Old 08-15-2009, 01:33 PM   #32
Godslayer Jillian

If this is 'thinking' to you, then we're way ahead of you already. This is just verbal diarrhea. That you believe the act of conscious discussion is equivalent to real thinking makes me pity you.

Now give us a concrete fucking answer?
What the fuck is this truth you speak about? Why are you so conceited to think you got it?
Does it involve the empowerment of the working classes or are you too ignorant to understand conflict theory?
Does it involve an end to exploitation or are you just one of those pseudo-hippies that idiotically want peace in the world without actually thinking of its implications?
What the fuck do you even know about socioeconomics that you want an actual 'army'?

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 02:10 PM   #33
JCC

Think in what vein? Saying "I want people to think" doesn't mean shit, you want to propagate; what is your ideology?
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 11:38 AM   #34
The Catalyst

"If this is 'thinking' to you, then we're way ahead of you already. This is just verbal diarrhea. That you believe the act of conscious discussion is equivalent to real thinking makes me pity you."
Good, you understand that as well as I do that this is not thinking, only speculation about it. That being so, I think you are my best friend here.

"Now give us a concrete fucking answer?
What the fuck is this truth you speak about? Why are you so conceited to think you got it?"
I have already given a clear answer, you just fail to see it. I have my truth, not yours, people need to find theirs.

"Does it involve the empowerment of the working classes or are you too ignorant to understand conflict theory?"
That is another issue for another time.

"Does it involve an end to exploitation or are you just one of those pseudo-hippies that idiotically want peace in the world without actually thinking of its implications?"
People that believe that deeply flawed system, hardly ever have a scrap of intellect. You need not be so hostile, this is merely a discussion.

What the fuck do you even know about socioeconomics that you want an actual 'army'?"
I agree, the word "Army" my have been to strong of a term. It is an organization. Thank you for opening my eyes to that innaccuracy, it means a great deal to me.

Last edited by The Catalyst; 08-16-2009 at 11:39 AM. Reason: Spacing
Old 08-16-2009, 01:07 PM   #35
Corpsey

"I've never regretted anything..." - Light Yagami

Life is a shit sandwich. Unfortunately, it's always lunchtime. How much bread you have goes a long way toward determining how easy it is to swallow.
Corpsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 01:12 PM   #36
Saya

Old 08-16-2009, 01:18 PM   #37
Corpsey

One more from one of my more facial actors.

Life is a shit sandwich. Unfortunately, it's always lunchtime. How much bread you have goes a long way toward determining how easy it is to swallow.
Old 08-16-2009, 01:19 PM   #38
Saya

Just wait until he gives me a reason to whip out a Clint Eastwood lol.
Old 08-16-2009, 01:27 PM   #39
Corpsey

Hmmmmm I don't think I've got anything to up Clint Eastwood.

Although I do want to work on a GiF that has Light laughing manically and a jumping "EPIC FAIL" at the bottom of the page.

Old 08-17-2009, 02:20 AM   #40
Anarasha

How do you expect to recruit anyone at all if you refuse to tell us what you are gonna do about the world?
Yes, you can force us to think, but what if our thoughts go against your ideology?
Yes, you can spark curiousity or creativity by vaguely whispering of broken promises of the many failed organizations before you.
What do you want for this world? What are these fundamental and undeniable problems?
Is it the unstable dictators of the Third World? The broken image of a once great nation named The United States of America? The split in Europe?
Oppression of Third World people?
Give me a concrete answer as to what your organization thinks is wrong, and what you want to do about it.
Then, and only then will I give you further thought and time.
Anarasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 09:52 AM   #41
vindicatedxjin

Okay Catalyst....Obviously we can all think...Hell, we can think so much about how ignorant the world is and think, and think, and think some more until our heads fall off. We can write about it, and discuss it...we can have sex while thinking about it...we can eat while thinking about it...But it isn't going to help shit...just thinking about anything.

Bring Kontan Back
vindicatedxjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 02:32 PM   #42
The Catalyst

Don't you people understand? The people that can not think of any thought more complicated than, "Hungry... " are the people that need help.
Old 08-18-2009, 02:47 PM   #43
vindicatedxjin

Well yes but what's your point?

Bring Kontan Back
Old 08-18-2009, 02:59 PM   #44
The Catalyst

That people need to think. That is the reason that the world is growing ever dimmer to our eyes. People refuse to understand that we can actually do something. About what? Anything and everything that is seen as unfit for the world, as seen by the people.
Old 08-18-2009, 03:12 PM   #45
vindicatedxjin

Absolutely...but do you actually think that NOBODY thinks? Do you think we are all just a bunch of airheads who don't consider the fact that everything is going downhill? No! Take myself for example...people think that I'm probably the most self centered idiot on the face of the planet who has nothing in her brain except for makeup and boys. But they are wrong...the majority of what I truly think about would probably disturb most people...and that goes for everyone. I'm pretty sure that everyone on this forum..even the ones that you would consider most stupid...have actually "thought" about important matters at one point or another...which is what I'm trying to get to. I understand your concern for our brainwashed America...I am quite aware that the majority of Americans do not know the whole truth as to whats going on behind closed doors...aka conspiricy,concentration camps etc. But the thing you really have to consider is that it is they're choice to be dim to those facts. They don't want to know about the truth, they don't want to see the truth, and they don't want to hear it. They want everything handed to them sugar coated so that they can go on with they're normal routine of what everything they are accustomed to is. It's no one else's fault but they're own. You say your trying to change the world by getting people to think? well..you gonna have to do a hell of alot more then just posting a tiny little post on how you wanna make people think... and when you said that" we can actually do something" what are you talking about???

Bring Kontan Back
Old 08-18-2009, 04:07 PM   #46
The Catalyst

People... people that think in the way you suggest, should be extinguished. When I say that we could actually do something I mean to stand for justice. Show the world that we are no longer mindless drones, we are not animals that they own, show them that we are people who thirst for knowlegde, change, revolution.
Old 08-18-2009, 04:12 PM   #47
Godslayer Jillian

Ah, so now it's not about thinking; it's about thinking RIGHT, huh?
But you never tell us what thinking RIGHT is, nor what you believe what JUSTICE is.
To a capitalist, justice is the right of the individual to exploit the weaker. Is that justice to you?
To a racist, justice is protecting his heritage whatever the means. Is that justice to you?

-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Old 08-18-2009, 04:45 PM   #48
The Catalyst

Thinking right is thinking like you never have before, justice is helping people out of the holes they have dug for themselves.
Old 08-18-2009, 05:02 PM   #49
vindicatedxjin

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Catalyst View Post
Thinking right is thinking like you never have before, justice is helping people out of the holes they have dug for themselves.

Thinking like I never have before??? what does that mean?

Bring Kontan Back
Old 08-18-2009, 05:47 PM   #50
Godslayer Jillian

I have never thought Spain might be the cock of an almighty Dachshund; is this thinking right?

-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote: