Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Closed Thread

Old 11-07-2008, 03:10 PM   #22801
Delkaetre

It looks fine to me.
Complete sentences seem to be increasingly optional, anyway- just look at modern literature's addiction to the soundbite and easily digestible broken sentence.
The noblest sentiment I have encountered and the most passionate political statement to stir my heart both belong to a fictional character. Why do we have no politicians as pure in their intent and determinedly joyous in their outlook as Arkady Bogdanov of Red Mars?
Old 11-07-2008, 03:20 PM   #22802
Joker_in_the_Pack

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumanePain
Try putting "Then" in front of "a root" and rerun spell/grammar check.
Didn't work.

I shifted the beginning to A protruding root and spell check liked it, so I'll go with that. It's only the rough draft anyway.
Because before too long there'll be nothing left alive, not a creature on the land or sea, a bird in the sky. They'll be shot, harpooned, eaten, and hunted too much, vivisected by the clever men who prove that there's no such things as a fair world with live and let live. The Royal family go hunting, what an example to give to the people they lead and that don't include me, I've seen enough pain and torture of those who can't speak...

- Tough Shit, Mickey by Conflict
Old 11-07-2008, 03:49 PM   #22803
maggot

Ophie, I'll be popping in and out. I'm not "sticking around," per se, but seeing posts from me won't be unheard of. I've been missing you guys. Is Haunted still using the forum?
Old 11-07-2008, 04:17 PM   #22804
Joker_in_the_Pack

I object, each other should be one word.
Because before too long there'll be nothing left alive, not a creature on the land or sea, a bird in the sky. They'll be shot, harpooned, eaten, and hunted too much, vivisected by the clever men who prove that there's no such things as a fair world with live and let live. The Royal family go hunting, what an example to give to the people they lead and that don't include me, I've seen enough pain and torture of those who can't speak...

- Tough Shit, Mickey by Conflict
Old 11-07-2008, 07:40 PM   #22805
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
Quote:
Originally Posted by maggot
Ophie, I'll be popping in and out. I'm not "sticking around," per se, but seeing posts from me won't be unheard of. I've been missing you guys. Is Haunted still using the forum?
Yeah, he's still here man. You should see his latest photos in the Picture Thread.

Old 11-07-2008, 07:56 PM   #22806
TheBloodEternity

Fuck it, I think I'm going to make an entire thread for my last drawing like I did for Cthulhu. Nobody ever pays attention to the damn art thread.

"Lucifer was an idiot, it wound up lord and master of nothing at all."
Old 11-07-2008, 08:02 PM   #22807
HumanePain

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBloodEternity
Fuck it, I think I'm going to make an entire thread for my last drawing like I did for Cthulhu. Nobody ever pays attention to the damn art thread.
Sorry Blood, I just now went and saw your drawing, AWESOME!

And Matt's drawing was cool too.

Old 11-07-2008, 08:09 PM   #22808
TheBloodEternity

Yeah, I got two pages of replies for Cthulhu; but the drawing I posted in the art thread a while back? 1 reply.

"Lucifer was an idiot, it wound up lord and master of nothing at all."
Old 11-07-2008, 08:40 PM   #22809
Duane

Zaney Duane needs help again...
Old 11-07-2008, 08:41 PM   #22810
††BlackRose††

Today was a little stange.
Then, at the end of the day, I was talking to my 6 year old cousin and surprisingly in his innocent little way he said something that could be used in a broader perspective (though he didnt mean it in that way).
He was talking about how small a bug is compared to him. Then he was like compared to God, we must be like a little bug and the world will be very small too.
The way I took this is that, compared to the entire world, the average person remains as that small, insignificant bug compared to the rest of the world. So then, our problems are even smaller than that. Then why must we worry so much about small things, when put into perspective, its really nothing at all? Its along the same line of thought as trying to find beauty in life. We all know that there is soo much wrong, soo many things that aren't right, yet in the filth there is something that we can all look forward to.

If this sounds totally stupid to the rest of you guys then don't worry about it. lol. its just random thought.
Old 11-07-2008, 08:48 PM   #22811
HumanePain

Quote:
Originally Posted by ††BlackRose††
Today was a little stange.
Then, at the end of the day, I was talking to my 6 year old cousin and surprisingly in his innocent little way he said something that could be used in a broader perspective (though he didnt mean it in that way).
He was talking about how small a bug is compared to him. Then he was like compared to God, we must be like a little bug and the world will be very small too.
The way I took this is that, compared to the entire world, the average person remains as that small, insignificant bug compared to the rest of the world. So then, our problems are even smaller than that. Then why must we worry so much about small things, when put into perspective, its really nothing at all? Its along the same line of thought as trying to find beauty in life. We all know that there is soo much wrong, soo many things that aren't right, yet in the filth there is something that we can all look forward to.

If this sounds totally stupid to the rest of you guys then don't worry about it. lol. its just random thought.
Your cousin will make a fine goth some day!

Old 11-08-2008, 12:01 AM   #22812
raggedyanne

If everyone on this earth was forced to spend just one day where they could not control what made them sad, or happy, or angry; one day where the could not stop crying for no reason at all; one day where their world was crumbling around them do to factors they could not change, I think that they would all have a bit more compassion for someone sitting on the curb, bawling their eyes out.
At some point, you need to look yourself in the mirror and realize that what other people did to you does not define you as a person. You and your actions define who you are as a person. It's up to you to be a good person, in spite of all the evil you've faced. In fact, it should be because of the evil you see that it's good you do. Be the change you want in the world. Next time someone tells me that they're an asshole because they've had a bad life, I'm stabbing them in the eye with a spork.
Old 11-08-2008, 07:07 AM   #22813
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by raggedyanne
If everyone on this earth was forced to spend just one day where they could not control what made them sad, or happy, or angry; one day where the could not stop crying for no reason at all; one day where their world was crumbling around them do to factors they could not change, I think that they would all have a bit more compassion for someone sitting on the curb, bawling their eyes out.
I have that problem, and I have little sympathy.

PS--NO ONE controls the things you just mentioned.
Old 11-08-2008, 12:50 PM   #22814
Geoluhread

http://photos4.hi5.com/0056/431/515/RZkyTf431515-02.jpg

Hahahahaha
"I've an idea. Why don't we play a little game. Let's pretend that we're human beings, and that we're actually alive. Just for a while. What do you say? Let's pretend we're human. Oh, brother, it's such a long time since I was with anyone who got enthusiastic about anything."
Jack Osborne

add me on
Old 11-09-2008, 03:04 AM   #22815
biohazard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoluhread
Ughh I don't get it :S Its probably the fact that its 5 37 AM and Im fucking tired...
How does that relate to spanish at all? And why can he speak and not speak? He was referring to the paradox of arguments >< Im probably thinking about this too hard...
Old 11-09-2008, 08:25 PM   #22816
Godslayer Jillian

Haha, American Dad mocked goths right now.
They were on a stairwell that was all dark with candles, and Steve's friend said "smells like a Depeche Mode concert"
Turns out they were in 'goth territory'. They really looked like the type you'd find at a club except for one wearing Crow make-up.
Then they helped Steve and his friends escape by stalling a mob. Only thing they did was turn on a radio to some shitty New Wave music and dance in the lamest way possible.
That's exactly what any goth would have done!

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Old 11-09-2008, 08:34 PM   #22817
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godslayer Jillian
Haha, American Dad mocked goths right now.
They were on a stairwell that was all dark with candles, and Steve's friend said "smells like a Depeche Mode concert"
Turns out they were in 'goth territory'. They really looked like the type you'd find at a club except for one wearing Crow make-up.
Then they helped Steve and his friends escape by stalling a mob. Only thing they did was turn on a radio to some shitty New Wave music and dance in the lamest way possible.
That's exactly what any goth would have done!
FUCK YOU!
They were playing "Love Will Tear Us Apart!"
Old 11-09-2008, 08:37 PM   #22818
HumanePain

Isn't it funny
why a bee likes honey?
I wonder why he does
buzz buzz.

Old 11-09-2008, 08:45 PM   #22819
††BlackRose††

I talk a lot about pointless things. It's really funny how I can go on and on and on at times. LIke people are like I'm usually very quiet, but really, once you get me talking, I don't think I shut up a lot. I don't think it's annoying to people though otherwise I would get a lot people being like SHUT THE HELL UP!!! lol. So i talk a lot but in moderation.
Interesting.

I'm sooo bored right now. lol.
Old 11-09-2008, 09:29 PM   #22820
Saya

I want to knit a pair of mittens, I haven't before, but all the acrylic wool I have doesn't feel like it will insulate well.....hmmm....
Old 11-09-2008, 10:05 PM   #22821
raggedyanne

I want ice cream, but i don't want to get fat and I've been eating too much lately.
At some point, you need to look yourself in the mirror and realize that what other people did to you does not define you as a person. You and your actions define who you are as a person. It's up to you to be a good person, in spite of all the evil you've faced. In fact, it should be because of the evil you see that it's good you do. Be the change you want in the world. Next time someone tells me that they're an asshole because they've had a bad life, I'm stabbing them in the eye with a spork.
Old 11-11-2008, 09:42 AM   #22822
Geoluhread

I just read something funny in my Biology Book

"Although the terms daughter cells and sister chromatids are traditional and will be used throughout this book, the structures they refer to have no gender"
I lol'd
"I've an idea. Why don't we play a little game. Let's pretend that we're human beings, and that we're actually alive. Just for a while. What do you say? Let's pretend we're human. Oh, brother, it's such a long time since I was with anyone who got enthusiastic about anything."
Jack Osborne

add me on
Old 11-11-2008, 03:20 PM   #22823
Slap Your Love

It's a shame I don't ever see she is my sin on here anymore. I remember I liked her a lot before leaving the site before.
Old 11-11-2008, 06:07 PM   #22824
(heartofflames)

Crap. I haven't been on this thing since like.... this summer....

Charlotte: You're probably just having a mid-life crisis. Did you buy a Porsche yet?
Old 11-12-2008, 04:13 AM   #22825
~~Auriel~~

I'm currently waiting for my son to wake up...
We're currently at Level 3 foods and bottle weaning!
(He will be 1 in Dec.)
Closed Thread