Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 12-23-2009, 08:19 AM   #1
EdenLaTrobe

A little bit about Miss La Trobe.

Hello Everybody,
I just joined this site yesterday. I think this will help me be in touch with the gothic community a bit better since I am from Montana where there aren't many of us.

Well to start off, yes, my avatar is a picture of me. I am a model, Just like to do it on the side. But I am also apart of a designing guild me and a few friends have resurrected here. We get together and get venues and throw extravagant interactive fashion shows here in my town of Missoula Montana. I know you are all thinking that we have horse drawn carriages and no electricity. In fact the town I live in is full of fun art culture and bizarre people like my favourite artist of all time Michael DeMeng, who is an awesome artist. Who has his own books out about his art as well. We have many eccentric artists here and as well as just the people.

I also help run goth night at the local club called "Dark Dreams", which is quite fun and gets some of the darker crowd out wearing all sorts of cool gothy clothes and oddities.

I am 19, and have started in the culture at the age of like 14 or something like that. I have had a few features in magazines and books such as The Ninth Gate, Goth Craft and etc. that are available on the web and bookstores.

My favourites bands are Sopor Aeternus, Lacrimosa, Collide, Alien Sex Fiend, Rasputina, Switchblade Symphony, Faun, Qntal, Voltaire, Bluttengel, London After Midnight, Siouxsie Sioux, and various others.

So yeah, just a little bit about me.
EdenLaTrobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 08:33 AM   #2
Ben Lahnger

Anyone who can rustle up a Goth night at a local club in Montana has my admiration. Well done. Nice description of the town; I would not have expected a forward thinking artistic culture there. In fact, good intro overall.

Welcome to this place. I look forward to your contributions.

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 08:39 AM   #3
EdenLaTrobe

Thanks Ben. Yeah it is quite nice here, up high and tucked in the big mountains. I do kind of want a little more, might head to Portland in the future. Of course there is drama with any scene. There is definately some here, and I choose to keep out of it.
EdenLaTrobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 09:07 AM   #4
Ben Lahnger

I have it on good advice from a friend who lives there that the Portland artistic scene is very cool.

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote