Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Spooky News
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Spooky News Spooky news from around the web goes in this forum. Please always credit and link your source and only use sources which are okay with being posted. No profanity in subject headings please.

Old 05-30-2007, 10:21 AM   #1
eternalcrimson

Creation Museum Now Open To Conform You

On Memorial Day the “Creation Museum” was opened in Peterburg, Kentucky.

Creation Museum

The “Creation Museum” preaches the idea of creationism through many exhibits one including and I quote from this article

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyburbs.com
..........show dinosaurs aboard Noah's Ark and assert that all animals were vegetarians until Adam committed the first sin in the Garden of Eden.
http://www.phillyburbs.com/pb-dyn/ne...7-1354356.html

The museum was built and sponsored by
http://www.answersingenesis.org

On their websites they have many explanations on various morals and phenomenon including how Darwinism theories were racist and theories of how aliens are connected to the bible. After reading some of their articles I can safely say that not only do they make the Flat Earth Society ideas seem safe & sane but in my opinion their ideas are so outlandish that they make every person that has been a guest on the Art Bell show blush.
eternalcrimson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 10:54 AM   #2
Raptor

I wonder what other exhibits they got in there for $27 million.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalcrimson
After reading some of their articles I can safely say that not only do they make the Flat Earth Society ideas seem safe & sane but in my opinion their ideas are so outlandish that they make every person that has been a guest on the Art Bell show blush.
That website, I don't even know what to say about it.

Quote:
So, when we start from the evidence, we can never be sure our conclusions are right — like in a classic ‘whodunnit’, just one piece of information can change the whole picture. By contrast, when we start from the Word of God, we can be sure that what it says is true.
Thats from an article talking about why the Earth is infact as old as the Bible says. Disregarding the evidence makes the problems go away!
Raptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 07:02 PM   #3
Vako

What hikes up my pants about this museum is that kids are going to see that crap. Not only do they get the fundamentalist / radical Christian trappings shoved up their asses by the parents at home, but now there is a whole museum that stands to re-enforce the outdated dogma.

Sad.

I do understand that every belief is entitled to freedom of expression, but a whole museum for this illogical stuff? Three words. The first two don't count.

Propaganda.
Vako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 07:36 PM   #4
Godslayer Jillian

This is the spookiest article I have seen in ages!

It sent chills down my penis, and that's a lot of chills. :P

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 10:06 PM   #5
Drake Dun

Unfuckingreal.

It just goes to show you what people can do when they waste their minds on it.

Drake
Drake Dun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 04:53 AM   #6
Raptor

Lol Jillian.

The website is as bad as the museum, it sounds like it is fact and I'm sure lots of people will read it and believe it without thinking. The museum will achieve the same effect, except it will get its point across to younger children too, who probably wouldn't be reading articles as long as the ones on the site.

I also don't like the way that it says all science is made up from theories. Ok so thats true, but that gives them no right to present their beliefs as fact either.
Old 06-03-2007, 11:52 AM   #7
Kraven de Sade

"Hey, guys, we have $27 million! Should we use it to help feed the hungry and help educate homeless people so they can get jobs and get off the street? Or should we build a museum and fill it with robotic dinosaurs and such?"

"Well, um, what would Jesus do?"

"...build the museum!"

:O
Old 06-03-2007, 11:58 AM   #8
DeathChii

meh... what ever... They can do whatever they want. I mean we have churches don't we? Same thing. It's just someone's point of view, and if you choose to go to the museum and beleive in it- power to you.
From trashing this way and that
Its white tusks
Through human beings
Like crackling stalks
And to nothing less
I offer this suffering of my father
"The Offering" - Stan Rice
DeathChii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 04:05 PM   #9
Vako

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathChii
meh... what ever... They can do whatever they want. I mean we have churches don't we? Same thing. It's just someone's point of view, and if you choose to go to the museum and beleive in it- power to you.
Well, there is the rub. "Power". They want it. And if they get it, kiss your civil liberties goodbye.
Old 06-03-2007, 07:23 PM   #10
Kraven de Sade

Quote:
I mean we have churches don't we? Same thing.
No, it's not the same thing. Last time I checked, museums weren't considered places of worship.
Old 06-03-2007, 07:40 PM   #11
DeathChii

No I mean as teaching a religion. It's just a museum, you don't have to go,\ or beleive in it... I could say "that's horrible", "It's wrong", and "they are teaching this to children" but really, in my own opinion, I could go to the museum 100 times and it won't change my mind. I don't think it's forcing any religion on anyone, it's just showing a different side of creation. If you want science, go to a science museum... ? I don't see how a museum will corrupt our society...
Its white tusks
Through human beings
Like crackling stalks
And to nothing less
Old 06-03-2007, 08:02 PM   #12
Vako

You make some very good points. I think where I am coming from is that for the very fact the place exists, it's going to be an influential factor to the developing minds of kids. As I mentioned before, of course those people have the right to make that museum that expresses their beliefs. My point is that it is very against my very existence, So I am not particularly happy with it.
Old 06-03-2007, 08:09 PM   #13
DeathChii

And that is totally up to you =] I can't say I'm happy with it either.
Its white tusks
Through human beings
Like crackling stalks
And to nothing less
Old 06-04-2007, 11:58 AM   #14
Raptor

Yeh I know they have the right, if it was my choice I wouldn't stop them making the museum. But that doesn't mean I agree with them. I think thats what you were saying too. Like I said, I don't like it if they are saying its fact.
Old 06-05-2007, 07:25 PM   #15
demonfairy

The Creation Museum made the weekend papers in Australia. There was a long article about in Saturday's paper.
demonfairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 07:40 AM   #16
Underwater Ophelia

I don't really think there's anything wrong with this...
We're allowed to build museums that show evolution, why can't they build creationism ones? They're not making anyone go.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 07:45 AM   #17
bleedingheart344

Yes, U.O, they do have a right to make a museum like this, but the problem is that people will automatically look to this if they haven't been exposed to much else and just believe it as fact without considering other options and theories. It happens enough as it is already.
Old 06-06-2007, 08:17 AM   #18
Drake Dun

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedingheart344
Yes, U.O, they do have a right to make a museum like this, but the problem is that people will automatically look to this if they haven't been exposed to much else and just believe it as fact without considering other options and theories. It happens enough as it is already.
Exactly. They are free to build it. We are free to resent it and to detract from its false image of legitimacy. We're exercising that right with extreme prejudice. What a pile of horse shit.

Drake
Drake Dun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 10:02 AM   #19
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Well then the problem isn't with the museum at all.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 12:57 PM   #20
Raptor

It is partly the museum yes. I suppose the larger problem is people being exposed exclusively to one belief or theory or opinion, whatever you want to call it. Its just that having a museum of this kind increases the chance of that happening.
Old 06-06-2007, 01:10 PM   #21
bleedingheart344

I think creationism is a crackpot theory, but I still think we need to consider it. Anyway, yeah, I could care less about the museum myself, but we should let them have it. It's the only glory they have.
Old 06-06-2007, 01:22 PM   #22
Raptor

I have no problem with them considering it, but I'd like it if people who have yet to make up their minds saw more than one theory.

Actually, maybe it won't make that much of a difference. If you think creationism is a silly theory, the museum isn't likely to change your mind. If you do believe in it, then you might like it.

As for people who haven't made up their minds, the majory of them will be children. And children who only get brought up with a single idea will probably be brought up like that with or without the museum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underwater Ophelia
Well then the problem isn't with the museum at all.
Seems I've changed my mind, guess I agree now.
Old 06-07-2007, 01:51 PM   #23
Kraven de Sade

Quote:
I think creationism is a crackpot theory
It's not a crackpot theory. It's a crackpot idea. Theories have supporting evidence. (And as much as Creationists claim that they have evidence, they don't.)
Old 06-07-2007, 03:22 PM   #24
PinstripesAndPithHelmets

Quote:
I don't see how a museum will corrupt our society...

Not a museum, but many like it. If this sort of religious zealotry gains a foothold in our education system it will turn future generations, generations responsible for policy-making and the entrepreneurship of the nation in which we live, into gibbering luddites.

It's bad enough that our president thinks that he was chosen by god almighty - no different than an 11th century monarch touting his divine right to rule - but if the entire populace thought likewise just imagine what sort of backward, regressive-minded actions might be undertaken. No more scientific research; no more social reform; let the poor multiply and die in their masses, and spoon feed them theological predestination as a justification. God makest thou poor, thou shalt stayest poor and die to serve thine masters. Amen.

Anyone remember the middle ages? Try feudal lords with nukes. Yes, it's far-fetched. But not that far.
Old 06-08-2007, 06:22 AM   #25
Raptor

Maybe, but people still have to visit the museums. Wouldn't most of the people going there be the ones who get that sort of stuff at home and at church anyway?

Feudal lords with nukes sounds like Dune.