Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 10-24-2008, 09:51 PM   #1
Jillery

New to the site! Looking for friends.

I've come upon this site so many times for one project or another and never thought much about it until tonight. I guess it was the time to properly stalk and actually join. I'm looking forward to meeting some new people with new ideas.

1. What do you do? (Hobbies, job) I am a student studying art and social studies education... I'm thinking about dropping out in my last semester and getting pregnant just because it would be cool to have something kick me from the inside.

2. Where are you from? I am from a small town in the northern midwest of the USA

3. Who is your favorite author? Right now I'm obsessing over Lovecraft. I, like many other nerds out there, greatly enjoy JK Rowling as well.

4. What are your favorite films? I am film obsessive... anything Burton because... *sigh*... I just have to (oh - except Planet of the Apes and Big Fish), Eraserhead, O Brother Where Art Thou, Rocky Horror, Hedwig and the Angry Inch, Freaks, and many many others....

5. What music do you want played at your wedding? Something old and sad... Chopin I think would be nice. I really like the theme to Schindler's List. Or the theme to the old school Zelda game for NES.

6. At your funeral? Meh... haven't thought much about my funeral. Does that make me a bad goth?

7. This IS a gothic website, so... how do you want to die? I want to die peacefully when I'm old. Or in a garage with the car on... something not too painful.

8. What kind of casket would you want? I'm going to get one that's a bookshelf or a coffee table because it's insane to spend that much money and not use it until you're dead!

9. What's your FAVORITE outfit? I hate clothes... :P Anything big and baggy. I really need to go shopping for new stuff.

10. What's one thing you miss about being a little kid? People didn't think it was inappropriate to hear about all the fantastic things you did for the day, like riding dragons, running away from dinosaurs, and catching live pokemon. And that it was ok to run around pretending to do that... I really miss it.

11. What's your favorite band? Meh - I go through many... early Evanescence, Linkin Park, Voltaire, The Dresden Dolls, Depech Mode, Tears for Fears, Klaus Nomi, Tatu, Nirvana... etc.

12. What kind of education do you have? What is/was/will be your major? I'm in my 5th year of college very close to completing my double major in art/social studies education.

13. Why did you join? I've been feeling a bit lonely in my gothy little mind lately. "No one understands me!"... it would just be nice to be in a community that shares my interests for once.

14. If the first 13 questions didn't give it away. What is your gender? Female... and sillily enough I wish this would have ended at number 13.... so I'm going to create another 13 for it to end on.

13. What are odd things that you do? I make up my own words to fit where I want them to (i.e. "sillily") and I live by the wise wise words, "I reject your reality and substitute my own!"
Jillery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 09:54 PM   #2
TheBloodEternity

Art/social studies education? That's what I would take if I could afford college. Cool.

Welcome, or, well, nice to see you joined.

"Lucifer was an idiot, it wound up lord and master of nothing at all."
TheBloodEternity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 10:13 PM   #3
Jillery

Thank you very much for the friendly welcome! I was a bit nervous after reading some of the flames posted around various places.

As for the school... it's been kicking my butt lately and I wish I could take some time off.
Old 10-24-2008, 10:21 PM   #4
Albert Mond

I'll be your friend.
Albert Mond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 10:41 PM   #5
MegearaErotica

Unless you're very perverted you wouldn't want me as a friend, but I'll extend the invitation anyways.
Oh, but you can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you. If I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away.
-Monty Python and the Holy Grail
MegearaErotica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 10:54 PM   #6
DementiaNocturne

Adam Savage is certain to be proud. xD

Welcome to G~Net! I'm Donni or Dementia.

"Mmm-hmm. Hm. Yeah? Mm-hmm. WELL FUCK YOU, MR BEAR!!! YOU SPEAK LIES!!! LIIIIES!!! Stuffed with pure venom, you vile, lint-infested bastard!! How many more, like you, are there!! How many more?!!! You can't even imagine the things I've endured!! And always at the hands of shit like you!!! YOU DON'T KNOW THE TRUTH!!! *stabs Shmee repeatedly*" ~ Kudos to whoever knows. :3
DementiaNocturne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 10:59 PM   #7
Jillery

I feel so loved! People are talking to me! And I'm feeling old... since you all seem to be younger than me...

But yay for internets! And yay for Myth Busters! Adam Savage is very good people.
Old 10-24-2008, 11:01 PM   #8
DementiaNocturne

Concurred. ^_^

"Mmm-hmm. Hm. Yeah? Mm-hmm. WELL FUCK YOU, MR BEAR!!! YOU SPEAK LIES!!! LIIIIES!!! Stuffed with pure venom, you vile, lint-infested bastard!! How many more, like you, are there!! How many more?!!! You can't even imagine the things I've endured!! And always at the hands of shit like you!!! YOU DON'T KNOW THE TRUTH!!! *stabs Shmee repeatedly*" ~ Kudos to whoever knows. :3
DementiaNocturne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 12:43 AM   #9
Joker_in_the_Pack

Easy way not to get flamed, don't say anything incredibly stupid.
Because before too long there'll be nothing left alive, not a creature on the land or sea, a bird in the sky. They'll be shot, harpooned, eaten, and hunted too much, vivisected by the clever men who prove that there's no such things as a fair world with live and let live. The Royal family go hunting, what an example to give to the people they lead and that don't include me, I've seen enough pain and torture of those who can't speak...

- Tough Shit, Mickey by Conflict
Joker_in_the_Pack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 01:10 AM   #10
MegearaErotica

But sounding stupid over the internet is fun!
Oh, but you can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you. If I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away.
-Monty Python and the Holy Grail
MegearaErotica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 01:38 AM   #11
Necrophagist

By stupid he means poisonedblueyes.
Necrophagist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 07:55 AM   #12
transylvanian_hunger

O Brother Where Art Thou ~ I loved that film! Welcome Jillery
transylvanian_hunger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 09:39 AM   #13
Jillery

I'll try my best not to sound stupid but sometimes it creeps in. D: I'm really excited to be part of this site!

I do have a question for someone kind enough to offer a nice answer. Although, I must admit I haven't looked for the answer and I'm doing this the lazy way by asking, BUT... how do you quote a previous poster? I see the "Quote message in reply?" but it doesn't let me do anything with it.

I assure you I will now go lurk the boards to find the answer... but if anyone feels generous enough to explain it to me it would be appreciated greatly.
Old 10-25-2008, 11:39 AM   #14
a morbid curiosity

Salutations Jillery - there's a quote button at the bottom of each post. Welcome to the site.
a morbid curiosity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 07:54 PM   #15
Jillery

Quote:
Originally Posted by a morbid curiosity
Salutations Jillery - there's a quote button at the bottom of each post. Welcome to the site.

Testing! Ha ha ha... how clever and easy. Sorry I've had a stupid moment so soon in joining! Hopefully that will be the last of those for some time!
Old 10-25-2008, 08:05 PM   #16
Underwater Ophelia

So...you think you're a vampire?
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 02:12 AM   #17
Joker_in_the_Pack

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegearaErotica
But sounding stupid over the internet is fun!
Swallow a live grenade.
Because before too long there'll be nothing left alive, not a creature on the land or sea, a bird in the sky. They'll be shot, harpooned, eaten, and hunted too much, vivisected by the clever men who prove that there's no such things as a fair world with live and let live. The Royal family go hunting, what an example to give to the people they lead and that don't include me, I've seen enough pain and torture of those who can't speak...

- Tough Shit, Mickey by Conflict
Joker_in_the_Pack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 10:17 AM   #18
Jillery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underwater Ophelia
So...you think you're a vampire?

Nah... I just enjoy the concept. I should change it to "Vampire Groupie" actually... I loves me my vampies! XD
Old 10-26-2008, 08:43 PM   #19
TheBloodEternity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joker_in_the_Pack
Swallow a live grenade.
She'd probably forget to take the pin out.

"Lucifer was an idiot, it wound up lord and master of nothing at all."
TheBloodEternity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 07:04 AM   #20
sagicapri25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jillery
1. What do you do? (Hobbies, job) I am a student studying art and social studies education... I'm thinking about dropping out in my last semester and getting pregnant just because it would be cool to have something kick me from the inside.
The kicking on the inside is very cool, but are you ready for the kicking on the outside? ^_^ Hello and welcome!
sagicapri25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 01:42 PM   #21
darkproggy

Jillery: my sole purpose here is to "olden up" the place, so feel young again, please.
darkproggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 02:56 PM   #22
Man In Room 5

Welcome Jillery. Any female that likes Lovecraft earns 10 extra goth points with me (hope that doesn't sound too sexist). You've got good taste in movies and music too and I have to admit to downloading 2 Klaus Nomi CDs myself. Lastly, don't feel old. I'm 38 and remember goth before hoodies.
Man In Room 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 04:31 PM   #23
Jillery

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagicapri25
The kicking on the inside is very cool, but are you ready for the kicking on the outside? ^_^ Hello and welcome!
I'm totally and completely not ready for a baby on the outside! I suppose I'll just have to graduate college... *grumble*

I actually just had a nightmare that I had a kid. It wasn't a fun kind of nightmare... it was the kind where I had to feed it and take care of it! Scary!
Old 10-29-2008, 04:38 PM   #24
Jillery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man In Room 5
Welcome Jillery. Any female that likes Lovecraft earns 10 extra goth points with me (hope that doesn't sound too sexist). You've got good taste in movies and music too and I have to admit to downloading 2 Klaus Nomi CDs myself. Lastly, don't feel old. I'm 38 and remember goth before hoodies.
I haven't been into Lovecraft too long, about a year is all, but he's brilliant! I'm spacing out the amount of his work that I read because I'll be sad when I've gone through all of it (and I'm getting close ). So there aren't many women into Lovecraft then? I guess I only know a few people and they are all guys.

I don't have any full Klaus Nomi CDs but I'd love to get some. A friend introduced me to his music and it's great! Although... for music I enjoy I must admit I'm into a lot of crap too. I do own Britney Spears, Backstreet Boys, and Spice Girls CDs! :S Awful, I know. My taste in movies is much better than music. I love watching movies!!! I also love any advice for good movies to pick up. Anything but chick flicks or comedies. I like comedies but... meh... I've seen enough for now.
Old 10-30-2008, 07:04 AM   #25
A Simple Poet

Quote:
I feel so loved! People are talking to me! And I'm feeling old... since you all seem to be younger than me...
Hola. I'm Will. I'm 33. I'm a slightly deranged litterateur, And after reading your intro (which I seldom do) I decided to be your friend, if you'll have me. Welcome to G-Net, Jillery.

Quote:
for music I enjoy I must admit I'm into a lot of crap too. I do own Britney Spears, Backstreet Boys, and Spice Girls CDs! :S Awful, I know
Here's wisdom speaking. I appreciate your honesty, but never EVER admit this. If it's not too late, go back and delete it. Remember, it's a messageboard and not a confessional.

Admittedly, rare is the female who enjoys Lovecraft. I take him in the way people suffer toe spasms.

An art major? Who is your favorite artist?

My name is Will ... and I'm back from a glorious feeding.

Will on Facebook ... Identify yourself because I'm a proud, Facebook, recluse.
A Simple Poet is offline   Reply With Quote