Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Politics
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Politics "Under democracy, one party always devotes its chief energies to trying to prove that the other party is unfit to rule -and both commonly succeed, and are right." -H.L. Menken

Old 05-22-2006, 08:14 PM   #1
werewolffan98

Hate Group publishes web-page on anti-gay US Rep. Marilyn Musgrave.

KKK publishes web-page on anti-gay US Rep. Marilyn Musgrave

by PageOneQ

The Knights Party, an Arkansas based affiliate of the Ku Klux Klan, has posted a web page in support of a bill introduced by U.S. Rep. Marilyn Musgrave (R-Colorado), PageOneQ has learned. The report first appeared in ROLL CALL a newspaper serving Washington, DC's Capitol Hill

Full Story:
http://www.pageoneq.com/news/2006/musgrave_052606.html
werewolffan98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 04:54 AM   #2
edible_eye

what's the point of the word censor? seriously?

is there anyone here so dense they don't know what is meant by 'the mickey mouse klub'?

what the fuck?
Old 05-23-2006, 08:49 AM   #3
Sobeh

The point of all censorship is to keep people stupid about meaning, who already are. If they figure it out, it means they were ready to know the truth. So says the standard fundamentalist Christian moral compass, at any rate. Keep people dumb long enough and they'll start to fear the unknown, and thus hate it properly, as us wise folk already do, etc. etc.

I'm against it altogether. Dangerous information exists, but it should be countered with more information, not less.
The phrase "we (I) (you) simply must---" designates something that need not be done. "That goes without saying" is a red warning. "Of course" means you had best check it yourself. These small-change cliches and others like them, when read correctly, are reliable channel markers.
Sobeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 09:29 AM   #4
edible_eye

i understand the point of censorship, sobeh - although i do thank you for your efforts.

the word censor here on g-net is just... odd. you type out 'k-l-u k-l-u-x k-l-a-n' and what you wind up with is 'the mickey mouse klub'. i just don't get it.

personally, i feel that if someone can't handle discussions on a mature or adult level, they shouldn't be poking their nose around in them. what does censoring a topic do in a real-world sense? it's not like people interested in the klan are gonna come flocking to g-net just because it might pop up in a google search.
Old 05-23-2006, 10:30 AM   #5
Disfunction

I think it has something to do with internet searches and the kind of people who would end up on the forum if such words were allowed. I don't know that, of course.

...don't smother your kids."
Disfunction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 12:09 PM   #6
werewolffan98

Funny,it never appeared that way on Democratic Underground.
Old 05-23-2006, 05:56 PM   #7
NachtSorcier

I really don't think anyone from the K-l-a-n would last very long here anyway.

Visit my online store: http://www.websofsilver.com
NachtSorcier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 11:09 PM   #8
werewolffan98

BTW i'm not a racist i'm multiracial.
Old 05-24-2006, 06:55 AM   #9
edible_eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by werewolffan98
that doesn't mean anything.

how do we know you don't hate yourself?
Old 05-24-2006, 07:08 AM   #10
Sobeh

Quote:
Originally Posted by werewolffan98
By saying that multiracial people can't be racist, you're saying they're superior in some way yes? ... you see where I'm going with this...
The phrase "we (I) (you) simply must---" designates something that need not be done. "That goes without saying" is a red warning. "Of course" means you had best check it yourself. These small-change cliches and others like them, when read correctly, are reliable channel markers.
Sobeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 07:17 AM   #11
Morrigan_Dubh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xnguela
Well, how long has 4mytribe been around? He came here from a White Supremacist site... Very few people like him, but he posts anyway.
I have him on Ignore. He just displays his igorance again and again... and I don't want to be tempted into discussing anything with him anymore... And I don't know why anyone else enters into discussion with him either, even if it'S to flame him.
Old 05-24-2006, 09:49 AM   #12
edible_eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morrigan_Dubh
... And I don't know why anyone else enters into discussion with him either, even if it'S to flame him.
maybe because he has the right to express himself as he sees fit? call me crazy, but that's pretty well entrenched within the wording of the first ammendment.

it doesn't mean you have to agree with anything he or anyone else says - but he has as much right to speak and express himself as you do to ignore him.

that clear it up for you?

oh, and sobeh - didn't you hear about the mutant gene they found in multiracial humans which precluded them from any form of racism? they're immune, brother.

stunning, really....
Old 05-24-2006, 10:02 AM   #13
Morrigan_Dubh

No disrespect, but it doesn't really.

He has right to express himself. I understand that. The thing I don't understand is why he is humoured.

The thing is, I believe he comes on here just for the sole purpose of posting flamebait. And obviously I could be wrong, but the bulk of his posts have been something along the lines of "Run, everybody! The white race is about to be fucked by 12 billion mexicans!" He never seems to be saying anything new. And I get the impression that he won't learn anything new by posting here, not because the other posters don't try to teach him, but he is just not open to learning.

So I still don't understand why continue to enter into discussion with him.
Old 05-24-2006, 10:51 AM   #14
edible_eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morrigan_Dubh
No disrespect, but it doesn't really.

He has right to express himself. I understand that. The thing I don't understand is why he is humoured.

The thing is, I believe he comes on here just for the sole purpose of posting flamebait. And obviously I could be wrong, but the bulk of his posts have been something along the lines of "Run, everybody! The white race is about to be fucked by 12 billion mexicans!" He never seems to be saying anything new. And I get the impression that he won't learn anything new by posting here, not because the other posters don't try to teach him, but he is just not open to learning.

So I still don't understand why continue to enter into discussion with him.
he's "humoured" for the same reason every one else who trades words on this forum is "humoured" - the sake of discourse, be it congenial or venomous. whether your perception of his intention is dead-on or completely false doesn't really matter, does it? the bottom line remains the same - you have the right to ignore him, as you've already stated. everything else you're laying down moves outside the realm of ignoring 4mytribe, and lands squarely in the vicinity of "why is my decision not validated by others?".

so, if that's still difficult to understand, i'll simplify it even more - you have him on ignore. don't worry about it.
Old 05-24-2006, 11:45 AM   #15
werewolffan98

Quote:
Originally Posted by edible_eye
that doesn't mean anything.

how do we know you don't hate yourself?

Because i don't hate anyone like Arabs,because i know that a actions of a few don't mean that all people are that way and i respond to anti-arab sentiment with the same ferocity that i respond to anti-asian hate or anti-european sentiment,and anti-british sentiment because i'm of those nationalities. part eurasian and UK Isles desent.
Old 05-24-2006, 01:57 PM   #16
edible_eye

that's good, especially against the white man. lord knows they hate everybody.
Old 05-24-2006, 09:26 PM   #17
WolfMoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by edible_eye
he's "humoured" for the same reason every one else who trades words on this forum is "humoured" - the sake of discourse, be it congenial or venomous. whether your perception of his intention is dead-on or completely false doesn't really matter, does it? the bottom line remains the same - you have the right to ignore him, as you've already stated. everything else you're laying down moves outside the realm of ignoring 4mytribe, and lands squarely in the vicinity of "why is my decision not validated by others?".

so, if that's still difficult to understand, i'll simplify it even more - you have him on ignore. don't worry about it.
Bah!

He's barely tolerated. The only reason he's still around is because the Admins don't give two shits about the things he says.

He should have been gone a long time ago.
WolfMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2006, 05:05 AM   #18
edible_eye

barely tolerated by some, i imagine. for others, he's just another voice.

frankly, this whole, odd philosophy of shiny, happy people everywhere filled with love and acceptance for all doesn't really work for me, when you get right down to it.

he offends you. i respect that. he offends many people here. i respect that as well. but an opinion is an opinion. what's the difference, conceptually, between 4mytribe and captsternn? 4mytribe rants about mexicans and sternn rants about americans. am i to understand that one nationality is acceptable to rail against while another is off limits?

whether or not the admins step in to decide someone's fate doesn't really matter to me either, unless it's going to be a universal rule. personally, i don't need them babysitting my eyes or my mind.
Old 05-28-2006, 08:29 AM   #19
WolfMoon

It's one thing to say something once. But to continually spew such ignorance is pointless.

He should've stayed on the White Supremacist site.

Maybe we're looking at this from two different perspectives. What I see is a group of people belonging to a sub-culture that is commonly known (and rightly so!) for practicing tolerance towards everybody regardless of religion/sexuality/gender/race.

You're damn skippy I won't tolerate hate-speech! And we shouldn't be forced to put up with some thoughtless moron because no one wants to get involved.
Old 05-28-2006, 09:47 AM   #20
edible_eye

ok, fair enough.

while i agree with you regarding blatantly ignorant hate speech - that's not my cup of tea either - i also stand behind any individual's freedom of speech and sometimes the line between the two is very blurred, indeed.
Old 05-29-2006, 12:09 PM   #21
WolfMoon

True enough.
Old 05-29-2006, 01:04 PM   #22
Niels

K-u k-l-u-x k-l-a-n become Mickey Mouse Klub? I mean, what the hell? I was very confused when I read the first post.

I was like, Mickey Mouse Club anti-gay??? hm...

Well, I would like to know all the censored words and what they become. That could really prevent some confusion in the future...
Old 06-03-2006, 10:44 AM   #23
Kinflame

Location: FGBWIERville, MKBJJKaryland, Unintelligent Shithole of America.
The KKK took my baby away...

Anyway, on the subject of racism, intolerance comes in many forms. It's stupid, but I find myself occasionally nervous when large black men are around, and I have tried to get over such a prejudiced subconscious reaction. People will never be truly accepting of anything different, it's against human nature to be entirely accepting. A bad thing, I guess, but at the same time railing against it so strongly isn't going to change the fact. Just play your own part of tolerance. Meh, my own personal stand.
Kinflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 02:30 PM   #24
Underlying Truth

Hey Kinflame. I agree, much as I tell myself and others to be themselves in the way they think and dress, a slight bout of hypocriticism always comes up when I become wary when I see a chav walking around because they're always associated with violence and they're reactions to seeing someone like me walking around, -even though I know that although alot of them are like this not all are. (Take the band Whole Wheat bread for instance.) Ah well, thats the prejudiced bit of me coming out I suppose.

I however also always at least try hard to respect everyones opinion and hear it out no matter what. If I don't agree well then I'll tell them so and expect them to respect my views too. I stand pretty strongly by my views because I've thought them through, so if you inspire me in anyway, good job, it must have been convincing, or very true -in my opinion....
Underlying Truth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 08:45 AM   #25
wunky

yeah, i think everyoen should have an opinion but there is a line. it's one thing to have an opinion, it's another to voice that opinion just to offend people. that's just immature.

i have nothing, principally wrong with someone dislikling a race of people, i don't agree with them but they have probably have their reasons. but some people, eg 4mytribe, don't seem interested in putting their point of view forward in a discussion, just shouting people down and saying things to court controversy and cause offence.

that's why i don't like the BNP.
wunky is offline   Reply With Quote