Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 02-04-2007, 08:36 PM   #26
BlackButterfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salmiakki
Rivets are also called eyelets when used on clothing - they're the little metal rings that you thread your shoelaces through.
You're thinking about eyelets and grommets being the same thing. Rivets are more similar to studs and/or nailheads, but they all have their little nuances that make them different.

eyelets/grommets can be decorative and/or functional, since they have holes for lacing/looping

rivets/studs/nailheads are more decorative, but no holes! their function is for stress points and joining layers.

But I digress... I was looking for ideas for my upcoming series of original costumes for Anime Central (Oh yeah, and if any of our otaku-goth-types are going to be there, let me know and we can meet up!), and I stopped by one of my favorite designers--Atelier Boz! (click on "BOZ" under the photos to see the good stuff)

::le sigh...::

Wish I were this skilled... his designs are so damned crisp! What clean lines!

::le swoon::

Jilli, you'd probably like his style if you haven't heard of him... reminds me of some things I remember reading from you.
According to an article in USA Today, children from single parent homes have much better verbal skills than children from two parent homes. However, children from two parent homes are far superior at bitterly sarcastic repertoire.

I'd love to see crowds of kids running away from a greased naked guy with Jesus hair.--
c130
BlackButterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 09:03 PM   #27
Godslayer Jillian

ZOMG! I want one of the jackets but I wouldn't know how to order it.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 09:19 PM   #28
BlackButterfly

If you reeeeeally want any of the items you see, there is an online company I know that orders these things for you (because many of those shops will only ship internationally to boutiques and the like). The problem is... it's SOOOO EXPENSIVE!!! (see the exchange rate, and do the math... @.@) The Japanese shops are listed on the right of the page I linked to.

To translate the page, google "Atelier Boz" and use the "translate this page" function.
According to an article in USA Today, children from single parent homes have much better verbal skills than children from two parent homes. However, children from two parent homes are far superior at bitterly sarcastic repertoire.

I'd love to see crowds of kids running away from a greased naked guy with Jesus hair.--
c130
BlackButterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 09:10 AM   #29
Salmiakki

Thanks BlackButterfly, I did mean grommets. And those jackets are rather gorgeous...

Google Translate never ceases to amuse me: "The inquiry regarding the commodity and the like"
Salmiakki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 06:06 AM   #30
Draconysius

I just dyed my denim vest black and printed out a bunch of patches, so after my vest dries, I'll iron on the patches. I'm probably committing the backside of the vest to Death Cult's Mickey Mouse skull.
Draconysius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 12:48 PM   #31
Zenit

Boz is my God! Every single piece on that page makes me whiney because I can't afford them... Darn...

Anyway, I've discovered that I can make more things that I thought, and have now succsessfully made my first portable cuff. It's made from cotton curtain lace with fake pearldrops on the points of the lace...

Difficult to explain, but they're supposed to look something like these:http://www.victoriantradingco.com/st...b/i10222A.html

"Nutrizone can kiss my pale, decayed ass"
-Draconysius
Zenit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 08:15 AM   #32
Draconysius

Awesome, Zenit! How did you do it?
Draconysius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 09:42 PM   #33
PersephoneX

My brother and i are working on a corset that i designed. its got tons and tons of boning but we're having fun with it.
I cut myself to sleep
I close my eyes for a second
And curse my fragile soul
I scream to hide that I'm lonely
The echo calls my name

*ANIMAL CRACKERS*

http://www.myspace.com/persephone_x
PersephoneX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 11:14 AM   #34
Zenit

Simple, I bought 1.5 meters of cheap cotton lace to edge curtains, and 40 cm of stretchy thingie (forgot what it's called) like the stuff you use to hold your ponytail up but wider, and stitchet the lace to it. this was of course after I hav measured my wrists so that the cuffs fit them

-Draconysius
Old 02-08-2007, 12:11 PM   #35
Salmiakki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenit
and 40 cm of stretchy thingie (forgot what it's called) like the stuff you use to hold your ponytail up but wider
Hm...elastic?
Salmiakki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 12:12 PM   #36
Zenit

Thanks...sometimes my mind shuts down in the middle of something, and I go "OoooOooo shiny thing!"

-Draconysius
Old 02-08-2007, 02:54 PM   #37
LaKeesha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenit
Difficult to explain, but they're supposed to look something like these:http://www.victoriantradingco.com/st...b/i10222A.html

That's hot.

I think I'll make some in BLACK.
LaKeesha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 03:12 PM   #38
DarkGentleman

Recently I have been working on my new suit.
Get this: the fabric is black denim with white pinstripes, I bought the entire bolt of this stuff when it arrived in shipping. Oh I'm so weak when it come such beautiful fabrics coming in, I end up buying it all!
However, making sure I line up my stripes on the pattern pieces is a total b**** to do, but I wanted to make it so bad.
DarkGentleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 07:43 AM   #39
Linen

Last night I made an adorable, flouncy little skirt out of two different old shirts. It's almost like a faerie skirt. The base of it was made from a dark purple top, and is just-above knee-length. The bottom of the skirt has strips of lilac (lighter purple) fabric hanging from it, and some of the hanging pieces of various sizes & designs of black buttons holding them onto the skirt. It took me a total of about 4 hours to cut and hand-sew the thing. I really need to get my mom to bring my sewing machine from her house so I can do things more quickly next time.

I want to make a skirt from old pants next time, as well as adding length to a few of my shirts (I'm tall so a lot of shirts are short on me and don't cover me enough). I've made purses before, but I always think they end up looking lame-O.
Linen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 09:56 AM   #40
killer_asian_Dax

I would tell you, but then I'd have to personally kill you all!!! Mwah ha haahahahahaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!

But really- I'm just working on "improving" my buddy's flack jacket. (Goodness I love kevlar!)

My crappy Myspace
killer_asian_Dax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 10:18 AM   #41
Drake Dun

I am trying to find colorful hair dyes (preferably temporary ones). I am going to dye my ponytail with a prismatic spray of colors.

Drake
Drake Dun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 11:06 AM   #42
Saddiction

I'm working on a pair of dread falls. I've been lazy though. I'll finish them on Friday.