Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 09-01-2011, 04:06 PM   #1
Awake Knights

Hello Forum

Hello everyone,

Just spending some of my spare time talking with (at least somewhat) like-minded people.

Okay, seems there's a survey:

1. What do you do? (Hobbies, job) Jobs are seasonal fishing and other labor intensive occupations to fill the time in between being at sea. Hobbies are going to events and concerts when I get a chance. Screw around with music from time to time.

2. Where are you from? Currently in Salem Oregon but grew up in California.

3. Who is your favorite author? Poe and Wagner off the top of my head. I know, it may be cliché, but the interest is genuine.

4. What are your favorite films? Rope, Nothing But Trouble...idk, a lot.

5. What music do you want played at your wedding? Have to get back to you on 5 and 6. Still narrowing the list..

6. At your funeral?

7. This IS a gothic website, so... how do you want to die? In battle, at sea or old alone outside.

8. What kind of casket would you want? mmm, I guess a glass top.

9. What's your FAVORITE outfit? Favorite as in I wear the most? Just jeans and a tshirt (black of course). Favorite as in looks the best? Depends on the occasion.

10. What's one thing you miss about being a little kid? My imagination. Though I still have a great one, I just can't immerse myself into it as I could when I was younger.

11. What's your favorite band? None. I like very different ones for very different reasons and I rarely like everything they do. Usually they have a few pieces that make me feel a certain way. I think if someone says they have ONE favorite band they're just trying to fit in to something. I like the older "goth" stuff like sisters and The Wake, I like EBM and stuff from Midnight and Nox ect. I like music similar to Waiting for the miracle that Leonard Cohen does on NBK.

12. What kind of education do you have? What is/was/will be your major? What will be? Idk. I have some medical college and am a jack of all trades.

13. Why did you join? See top.

14. If the first 13 questions didn't give it away. What is your gender?Male
Awake Knights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 11:25 PM   #2
Spooky Spencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awake Knights View Post
10. What's one thing you miss about being a little kid? My imagination. Though I still have a great one, I just can't immerse myself into it as I could when I was younger.
Respect for the Poe!

Also, while I don't have the benefit of your point of view yet, what's distracting you that keeps your brain anchored inside the box? Not to go all Neo on you, but "Let go... free your mind."

Oh, and welcome to the dark side (yes, we promised you cookies).
Spooky Spencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 08:46 AM   #3
Awake Knights

Probably just a matter of time and distractions. Life is kinda busy now and I just don't take the time excercise that. Thank's for the welcome.
Awake Knights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 04:13 PM   #4
Kasdeja

Salem, OR, huh? I lived there for a couple years before I moved up to PDX. I actually grew up in Albany... about 20 miles south.

So... What prompted your move to Slayem?

Last edited by Kasdeja; 09-15-2011 at 04:14 PM. Reason: spelling error
Kasdeja is offline   Reply With Quote