Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > TV, Movies, & Games
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

TV, Movies, & Games Talk about your favorite TV shows, movies, games, and other media here. Or don't. We don't want to tell you what to do or anything.

Old 09-26-2005, 08:46 PM   #976
winged_dreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spooky_Gurl
the last movie i watched was.....umm....oh yeah ... FEVER PITCH
funny movie..recamend it if you like baseball and comedy
Ack! That movie did pretty well at our store so far (work at video rental store). I think it looks stupid. I rarely watch movies unless they really catch my interest and if I'm not being too horribly busy with other things like the internet. XD

MrMaelstrom: Er... are you lactating?

Elite "No Clue What the Number Is"
winged_dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 09:15 PM   #977
AlKilyu

Oh yeah? Do they have OLDBOY(!!) at your store winged? You outta take a chance and rent it!
AlKilyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 10:47 PM   #978
winged_dreams

I'll check the next time I'm working.

MrMaelstrom: Er... are you lactating?

Elite "No Clue What the Number Is"
winged_dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005, 01:55 AM   #979
Demonista_Ravenesque

I saw Willy Wonka and the Chocolate factory...Johnny Depp killed the original...then dug up it's grave...then spat on it....then ***** it, over and over again....Now it's all in my head, i'ma think about it over and over again....Oh shit, I'm off to the Earworm thread.

Hier sind doch irgendwo kinder versteckt
Demonista_Ravenesque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005, 10:31 AM   #980
1TOOMANY

I watched Friday night lights with Billy Bob Thorton. I liked it. I think it was a good movie even if you don't like football. But then again I like football.
Old 09-27-2005, 12:54 PM   #981
Kettu

I've been working on a project of human cruelty for the past week and I have been watching ***** films. Some of them seem artistic, while others are just slasher films.
Kettu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2005, 03:37 PM   #982
punkirony

Tim Burton's The Nightmare Before Christmas!!! FREAKIN' AWESOME!
Old 09-28-2005, 05:44 PM   #983
Loy

"Corpse Bride"-with "Corpse Bride" ime Burton does something I thought impossible-he made a decent film again. Actually, it's pretty good. Nothing TOO spectacular, but considering how fucking horrid his films have become since "Ed Wood", it's a nice suprise.

"History Of Violence"-All I can say is this-Cronenburg has this knack for combining the cerebral with the discomforting. This one explores how violence become a virus, infecting whoever it touches and leaving a path of pain and misery in its wake. Am going to watch it again, so expect a fuller review later. As for now-his best film since "Crash" (though, with less f u c king into wound holes. Much less).

"Burn To Shine"-a series of films. Basically, bands from a specific town play in a house that's set to be demolished. Sounds like a lark, but with bands like Shellac, the Shins, the Decemberists, Q And Not U, Tortoise, Wilco, and Bob Mould, it becomes magnificent.
Old 09-29-2005, 02:02 AM   #984
Courtenay1218

Hey, that was the last movie I watched too!!. Before that was Duece Bigelo 2 (I got it on bootleg)
Courtenay1218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 11:17 AM   #985
1TOOMANY

The Village- I was pretty dissapointed but it did have a crazy twist at the end.
Old 10-07-2005, 10:03 PM   #986
soggypicklemuncher

Shaun of the Dead <3
and Ichi the Killer, and some Japanese move called The Eel (Unagi)

You only see what you want to believe
When you creep from the back
I got tricks up my sleeve
24/7 the devil's best friend
It makes no difference
It's all the same in the end

-"Same in the End" by Sublime
soggypicklemuncher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2005, 11:20 PM   #987
ExistentialDisorder

Amityville Horror. The new one. Like, less than an hour ago. Was pretty good. At least much better than the original. I especially liked the little girl ghost.

The suspense is pretty good. I like the special effects. It seemed a little weak in some places but it keeps you guessing, even tho you know the real story. You never know what they'll decide to add into remakes of old movies, whether they're based on true stories, as this one is, or not. So I give it 4 out of 5 stars. Heh.

Next one I want to see is The Exorcism of Emily Rose - another true story. But since I rarely ever go to the theater, I'll proly be waiting til it comes on dvd.

"What if everything around you
Isn't quite as it seems?
What if all the world you think you know
Is an elaborate dream?
And if you look at your reflection
Is it all you wanted to be?
What if you could look right through the cracks?
Would you find yourself [or]
Find yourself afraid to see?..." -NIN
ExistentialDisorder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2005, 12:28 AM   #988
Demonista_Ravenesque

Dude where's my Car....worst movie ever.

Hier sind doch irgendwo kinder versteckt
Demonista_Ravenesque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2005, 04:45 AM   #989
edible_eye

last night, i saw 'wedding crashers'.

and i laughed my ass off.

i want one of those psycho broads. at least for a little while.
Old 10-08-2005, 08:27 AM   #990
Jane13

I watched that new amnityville horror last night, as well... I can't run at the moment, and something really creepy happened so I panicked and accidentally jumped into my mom's chair while I was leaving the room >.<

I also saw "House of D". I didn't know what to expect, but I thought it was kind of cool. At least it wasn't boring like the rest of the movies my mom usually rents
"There's straw in his brains and his clothing is stained with mice and small newts and the perfectly maimed. Don't look under his hood in the place where he stood or you'll find yourself running from the rook in the wood."
-Cinema Strange
Jane13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2005, 09:41 AM   #991
LeStAT

movie marathon

Hey guys , i got a couple of mates toghter and we are having a movie marathon i think were up to like the forth one so far we've had wedding crashers , dukes of hazard , identity and the english patient , there all good but im not a great fan of the english atient but the guys got out voted (damn knew i should have invited the majoity guys):-p , i thought wedding crashers was tops and the dukes of hazard was good as well !!! identity is an older movie but its realli suspensful and very cool!!!
LeStAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2005, 11:59 PM   #992
Loy

"Gray Matter"-With "Brother's Keeper" and the "Paradis Lost" films, Joe Berlinger has become the american documentarian closest to Polanski-his fascination with the banality and fluidity of "evil", and his ability to transmit all the vague contradictions wherin in simple, direct images, makes for some of the most bone-chilling moments ever put on celluloid. "Gray Matter" is the ultimate culmination of his fascinations-a direct confrontation of the Holocaust. In 2002, there was a burial of over 700 brains from children that were killed by the Nazis. The man who oversaw their murders not only escaped prosecution, but kept studying the brains well into the 90's, and even wrote numerous papers about them. Berlinger watches as the town, 70 years after, is still trying to come to grips with its past, and in many ways, still refuses to. As for its technical aspects, it's above-average, but considering it's subject matter, and the man behind it, its simplicity becomes a boon...the on ly way to honestly deal with it all without losing it.

"La Chinnoise"-back in the 60's, Godard was the top-shit film-maker the world round. What made his films interesting was his willingness to not only break with formalist traditions, but to also use his experemintalist streak as a way of making his audience think about shit. Now, over 30 years later, whilst the Marxist tracts seem coy, naive, and even old-fashioned, his style shakes and rattles you out of "entertainment" and into "dialogue". The only other directors who were able to take Marxist ideological self-exploration and turn it into cinematic masterpieces were Sergio Leone and Chris Marker. Godard may be a joke now, but watching this (and....well, anything he did until 1975) makes one realise why his reputation is so high.

"Oliver Twist"-Polanski does Dickens? Actually, it makes more sense than you'd think at first (especially if you know Polanskis history). The problem with this film is that it's TOO perfect a fit. There's a kind of plodding to it that makes it feel dead. What should have been a crowning acheivement becomes a minor footnote, but a minor Polanski footnote is about a million times better than what's usually out there.

"We Jam Econo"-Once upon a time, SoCal punk was typified by three bands-Black Flag, the Minutemen, and the Circle Jerks. The Minutemen were getting more and more popular when their singer died in a car accident. Now, whilst I was never had the "fu cking WOW!" reaction to the Minutemen as I did with the band they became (fIREHOSE, FYI), this film shows others who did (the SST guys, Sonic Youth, Richard Hell, and loads others), and also shows why-their live shows burning with an intensity and passion one usually wishes for when having sex with a supermodel. Now, I'm not exactly a nostalgist, but watching some of the footage does bring me back to my days in that scene, and makes me wish I was a few years older, just to catch these guys in their prime.

"Jericho's Rock"-Punk rock in Israel. At least these guys aren't "punk" because they listen to Green Day or My Chemical Romance....actually, it seems like the scene in LA and Seattle before the whole world latched onto some guy named Kurt. Won't make any converts, but worth a watch if you ever wished for some real punk rock (aside from the Spits, who, as Binkie would agree with me on, are the greatest punk band in the world right now).

And I'm starting the SIFF stuff now, so there's a whole bunch more I'll give up on for you guys.
Old 10-09-2005, 10:40 AM   #993
dreamydancer

The Crucible. I've seen it a million times before but we got to read the play and watch it in English class. I felt like kicking this guy's ass for laughing while John Proctor was being hanged.

~Clan of Xymox
dreamydancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2005, 06:21 PM   #994
Jane13

Yeah... I hate it when people in theatres or whatever try to be cool by laughing when someone dies or whatevr :roll: uber annoying.
"There's straw in his brains and his clothing is stained with mice and small newts and the perfectly maimed. Don't look under his hood in the place where he stood or you'll find yourself running from the rook in the wood."
-Cinema Strange
Old 10-10-2005, 03:24 AM   #995
mortalitas incomitatus

Harold and Kumar go to White Castle.
watched last night at my mans place, FUNNY as f**k.
we laughed our arses off the whole way through.

i swear by the end i wanted a white castle burger, and we dont even have them here in oz.

*another eliter*
mortalitas incomitatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 02:39 PM   #996
punkirony

Tim Burton's The Nightmare Before Christmas.
My favorite movie!!
Old 10-12-2005, 02:52 PM   #997
angleangel_doom

Uh.
Oh yeah! I revisited my childhood and watched the first Power Rangers movie...which I own.
angleangel_doom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 07:29 PM   #998
Jane13

I'm watching "Battlefield Earth"... I haven't seen it since I was five and I can't remember if it's any good... but I am a sucker for cheesey sci-fi, anyway....
-Cinema Strange
Old 10-12-2005, 07:47 PM   #999
sorrow

The Punisher
sorrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 09:02 PM   #1000
Black Gestalt

Lets see... I guess it was corpse bride, I havn'y seen a movie for a while. Maybe the Fisher King? I saw part of it anyway.
Black Gestalt is offline   Reply With Quote