Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 09-15-2008, 02:55 AM   #1
Mealla

Lightbulb Your First Memory Game

Someone suggested to me once that your first memory reveals great insight into who you are, that it sums up your life or your life's purpose. Whether this is true or not, I thought it might be fun for everyone to share what the very first thing you remember is. While it is not necessary to do so, feel free to speculate what this memory says about you or what you've done with your life.

I'll start.

My first memory was when I was two years old and I was out in the backyard gathering acorns from underneath a big tree that grew off to the side of the house.

I think this correlates to my life in that I'm very curious. I always feel like I'm looking for something, trying to find my place, seeking out new hobbies and social activities to try until one clicks. Wanting to go to new places, pick up new memories, gathering everything, continuously searching, like in that first memory when I was gathering acorns.
Mealla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 08:22 AM   #2
$haDe

Mine is that I've a big fight with my dad and mom.

I said that the hell with you, I WILL listen to whatever I like and dressed whatever I wish to (Mostly fancy gothic...not a problem,isnt it)

Then I'm on my own.
Old 09-15-2008, 08:32 AM   #3
a morbid curiosity

My first memory was my second birthday. I had just learned how to walk, and was very excited by everything; I got a toy cooker which I must have played with for hours, and a cake in the shape of a caterpillar.

Who knows what this says about my personality, haha. That I enjoy it when I get new stuff?
a morbid curiosity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 10:01 AM   #4
Fatbaby

I not sure how old I was but I was standing in my crib chewing on the hand rail and watching my sister dance.
I love to dance. Some people say I love to stager and fall, I call it dancing.
Fatbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 11:58 AM   #5
Metabolik

Watchin some guy beat your mum up.
Damn that must mean I'm a pretty fucked up kid.
Old 09-15-2008, 01:54 PM   #6
Catch

My first memory was in the womb. It was nice and warm with an luminesent night light.
Old 09-15-2008, 01:55 PM   #7
Disaffected Shoelaces

A dog. God knows whose dog it was - I think my mum took me with her to see a friend or something, and I was sitting on the floor playing with it.

I think it was a little spaniel.
Disaffected Shoelaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 02:29 PM   #8
Bete Noire

Wow. This is quite surreal to me. My first memory is very very clear. And from before I was two.

http://www2.warwick.ac.uk/fac/sci/mo...ecote_park.jpg

I was in a pushchair looking out from that gateway towards where the picture is being taken from.
There were peacocks and some deer.
Bete Noire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 02:32 PM   #9
Unimatrix 00

Mine was a small plastic bike for toddlers. And a cat on it.
Unimatrix 00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 08:09 PM   #10
Nocturne Midnight

Location: The center of the city where all roads meet, waiting for you.
Mine was going for a walk in autumn. I remember the blue slushie in my hands and the beautiful colors of the leaves. And a stone cross.
Nocturne Midnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 02:12 AM   #11
Nexus-6

Mine was walking into the bathroom of a motel room we were staying in when I was (I think) 2 years old.
Nexus-6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 09:16 PM   #12
Corpsey

Playing on some stepping stones in a military house in Waiouru.

I remember it very clearly, although not the age. I just remember it.

"I've never regretted anything..." - Light Yagami

Life is a shit sandwich. Unfortunately, it's always lunchtime. How much bread you have goes a long way toward determining how easy it is to swallow.
Corpsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 10:14 PM   #13
Saya

Being on a boat, looking out the window, the seat was brown.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 10:27 PM   #14
Ishan

Hmmm ... I have several, and I'm unclear which constitutes the "first" memory. I recall being in a hallway and looking up to see Janice - my Mom's roommate, saying "beep beep", carrying a load of laundry in from the laundry room outside. I was about two. I also remember being carried, when I was much younger than two. I recall observing a grayness, but bordering on a white that was almost inverted shadow. It was not oblivion as I recall a barely perceptible world lay beyond the fog of the mind.

Does anyone here remember their first dream? Mine was of observing crescent moon in a silver-blue sky. I watched it through the bare treetops of a late-autumn eve. My memory may betray be, but there seemed to be no chill on the air. The soil was rich and dark and still barren.

There were children nearby. Upon the realization of company, I witnessed a child rolling down a hill in a tire tube. At once I saw I was the child, and the tire tube was shaped as the crescent moon.
Ishan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 10:44 PM   #15
gothicusmaximus

I remember being bathed in a sink by my mother.
gothicusmaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 05:36 AM   #16
JCC

Being in my grandmother's house, but the memory is so distorted that I'm not even sure it can be called such. The whole room takes on a sepia colour, and there my grandmother is, obviously not soon before her death, but I can't make out her features, she's just a decrepit figure on a sofa. Shadowy, almost. That's it.
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 06:31 AM   #17
dabbadmc

Think it was maybe sitting on a table watching my babysitter.

That, or scribbling on my sofa with permanent black marker, my housekeeper going CRAZY and carrying me to the sink to clean me.
dabbadmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 02:45 PM   #18
Noumi

I don't rememeber how old I was but I remember being on my mother's lap listening to her talking about my lack of appetite, and that maybe I would grow up propperly due to my poor alimentation :/

ピラール
Noumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 04:17 PM   #19
TheBloodEternity

Sitting in a little red wagon with armfulls of candy canes. My hands were sticky and I was annoyed. My mother was pulling it and I was in a little red dress. I remember it very, very, very, clearly. I think it was spring and we had got them on sale after the holidays because I don't remember being too cold or too hot.

"Lucifer was an idiot, it wound up lord and master of nothing at all."
TheBloodEternity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 11:26 AM   #20
Jaye Jang

My first memory is riding my trike down the stairs and seeing my mom at the top of the stairs screaming. I haven't been normal since. (I have always been daring. Been a flight medic, mountain climber and been white water rafting since then). Owned both a motorbike and a race car. Want to go up in a hot air balloon and go bungee cord jumping before I die. Needless to say, I like all the wilder rides at the fair.
Jaye Jang is offline   Reply With Quote