Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 03-10-2006, 11:20 PM   #1
Kirsti

Ello

hey everyone!
i'm 2 tired 2 write a lot about myself, so you can go here to read all about me, if you wish.
love
- Kirsti
Kirsti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 11:57 PM   #2
Godslayer Jillian

You'll have to work hard to earn respect over here. Not only because of your first post, but I've seen your profile in that link; and it's not very good.
You say you're goth because you wear black, make-up, and like Metal. For now, I'm sorry to say you're too stereotypic.
Plus, I have to inform you, for the good of true untainted knowledge, that goths were never "a tribe that originated in Scandinavia, then later became members of a cult in the 1700's (they wore only black)"
The goths were a tribe from about the 500's. You're far off for more than a millennium. Although the Huns created chaos in Rome of which they could never recover, it was not until the Visigoths came that the Western Roman Empire fell. The Visigoths settled in Italy, the Ostrogoths in Spain.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 01:37 AM   #3
Kirsti

meh, its 3AM
and hun, i said most people give me the title goth because i wear black, i never said anything about that making me goth.
lol, and dont worry, ive done my homework. i never said the goths were a tribe in the 1700's. they where actualy a tribe in the late 400's.
you try posting gothic history on DS and see how they take it.

anyhow, i came here to make friends, not start an arguement or to rant, so i apoligise for my lame introduction, and bid you all goodnight as
i have 2 get up and out of the house at 10 2morro... doing voluntary work for a scout group... meh. *yawn*
Old 03-11-2006, 02:09 AM   #4
Kirsti

?? leet is short for elite... so that doesnt realy make any sence.

anyway, cant sleep, so i came back and found this XD

1. What do you do? (Hobbies, job)
I go skating once a week, and i help out with scout groups now that i'm 2 old for it. I love to write, draw and read, spend time with friends, listen to music, make clothing and jewlary and i enjoy writing and reading poetry.
Im a student at highschool, and i'm taking Art and Fabric, along with English, History, Maths and Science.

2. Where are you from?
Originaly England, but I moved 2 New Zealand when I was five.

3. Who is your favorite author?
Argh, your making me pick? possibley Dan Brown... but there are many others.

4. What are your favorite films?
Once again, this is a hard choice... I generaly like all Horrors and Thrillers, some action and a bit of comedy. Dawn of the dead was pretty good... havnt seen many movies lately, lol.

5. What music do you want played at your wedding?
Somthing Celtic maybe. I want a Wiccan wedding.

6. At your funeral?
Same as above.

7. This IS a gothic website, so... how do you want to die?
Being a goth isnt about death. but i'd like to die (if not of old age) in a way that the witches of salem where killed. burned at the stake, or hung maybe?

8. What kind of casket would you want?
somthing vampyric... a petacle surrounded in the Furthark alphabet would be a nice engravement.

9. What's your FAVORITE outfit?
woah, whats with all the hard to answer questions? I love my spiked choker, it goes with me wherever I go, along with my pentacle, both celtic necklaces, and silver rose. i like safty pins and locks... friendly accesories, and i love corsets and dresses.

10. What's one thing you miss about being a little kid?
freedom

11. What's your favorite band?
... In Flames, Tool, Ambeon, Korn, Marilyn Manson, Cradel Of Filth, Slipknot, Nightwish, 8ft Stavia, Children Of Bodom... the list goes on.

12. What kind of education do you have? What is/was/will be your major?
I'm still a highschool student. I hope to take a career in fashion design or graphic design.

13. Why did you join?
a friend reffered me. she doesnt come here anymore, but i thought id take a look.
Old 03-11-2006, 02:14 AM   #5
Magpie_Tendencies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirsti
?? leet is short for elite... so that doesnt realy make any sence.
Actually, leet is referring to the net-speak that you used in your earlier posts.

The members here put a lot of emphasis on correct use of the English language so therefore spellchecking your messages before you post and writing "to" instead of "2" is appreciated. Just put in a little effort in your posts and you'll do fine.

Welcome and I hope that your future posts will be more gramatically correct
Old 03-11-2006, 02:21 AM   #6
Kirsti

ah ok, sorry. Bad MSN habbit, and thanks for the welcome
Old 03-11-2006, 02:52 AM   #7
Magpie_Tendencies

Oh! "Die Noobs" is in your sig! I just got it. Yes, I'm a little slow tonight.

*embarassed*
Old 03-11-2006, 12:04 PM   #8
Godslayer Jillian

Hehe. That signature is comically ironic.

-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Old 03-11-2006, 01:25 PM   #9
Bete Noire

Very comic. And very ironic.
I'm the same age as Kirsti. How is it that I can't read the leet shite-speak above? Does this mean I'm dumb? I think I'll go live out my angst-filled existance elsewhere like all mini-moshers should. Take the hint Kirsti...
Bete Noire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 02:02 PM   #10
Kirsti

yeah, hey everyone, i'm sorry about my bad 'l337' habbit, and i'll try to be more grammicly(sp?) correct in my posts from now on. Its just that i'm used to forums where everyone speeks in chat-speek.
one of my worst habbits though, would be the use of 'lol' in every sentance. Is that allowed, or is that considered chat-speek also?
Old 03-11-2006, 02:08 PM   #11
Godslayer Jillian

Or a pitiful attempt to "be cool". Seriously, when I'm chatting with my friends, a lot of them always ask me why do I have to type ever word correctly, even with accents (seeing as I speak spanish mainly)

-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Old 03-11-2006, 02:11 PM   #12
Kirsti

ah ok... well i'll try, please dont flame me for the tiny mistakes you find in the odd sentance, as it;l take some getting used to. also, i'm not a great speller... I don't have to spell check all my words do I?
Old 03-11-2006, 03:16 PM   #13
Kirsti

will do XD
Old 03-11-2006, 03:19 PM   #14
Empty_Purple_Stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santarea
Just make an fucking effort and not excuses and you'll fare well.

*humps your leg*
Empty_Purple_Stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 03:32 PM   #15
WolfMoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godslayer Jillian
Hehe. That signature is comically ironic.
Ha-ha, I can see we're getting to you, Jill.

Next thing you know, you'll be throwing DMs at people.

WolfMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 03:39 PM   #16
tenet_2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirsti
yeah, hey everyone, i'm sorry about my bad 'l337' habbit, and i'll try to be more grammicly(sp?) correct in my posts from now on. Its just that i'm used to forums where everyone speeks in chat-speek.
one of my worst habbits though, would be the use of 'lol' in every sentance. Is that allowed, or is that considered chat-speek also?
YEAH HEY EV3RYON3 IMM SORY ABOUT MAH BAD L37 HABIT AND IL TRY 2 B MOR3 GRMMICLY(SP)??!?! WTF LOL CORECT IN MAH POSTS FROM NOW ON1!!1111! OMG WTF LOL ITS JUST TAHT IMM USED 2 FORUMS WHARE 3VARYONE SPEKS IN CHAT-SPEK
ON3111!!!! WTF OF MAH WORST HABITS THOUGH WUD B TEH US3 OF LOL IN 3VERY SANTANCE!11!1 WTF IS TAHT ALOW3D OR IS TAHT CONSIEDRAD CHAT-SPEK ALSO???!? OMG WT

That's better.

--Geisha
tenet_2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 05:19 PM   #17
Godslayer Jillian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfMoon
Ha-ha, I can see we're getting to you, Jill.

Next thing you know, you'll be throwing DMs at people.

You'll have to explain me what a DM is before I'm able to throw them

-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Old 03-11-2006, 06:01 PM   #18
WolfMoon

Doc Martens.

H3H, T3N3T 15 73H FUNN4Y!!11!
WolfMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 06:28 PM   #19
Darkfeeling

Darkangel,

I love you. :]
Darkfeeling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 06:59 PM   #20
Kirsti

Hey, i'm realy sorry you guys don't like me, but my grammer isn't much worse than half the other people's on this forum.
also, judging people by their first post is nearly as bad as judging people from there looks.
And whats there to say that to be goth you have to be good at spelling? I thought this was a site for goths and people interested in them to get together and chat, but obviously it's an English lesson, an as much as I enjoy english, theres not much point hanging around if i'm not good at it.
Old 03-11-2006, 07:11 PM   #21
Magpie_Tendencies

Kirsti - You're going to find that a lot of the people on this site aren't actually goth.
This is, first and foremost, a LITERARY site (as stated at the top of the page). This being a LITERARY site, people DO like for you to type your posts in a legible manner. This is not to say that you must spell check EVERY SINGLE WORD. But it does mean that we like you to put a little effort into your posts.
If you're not willing to do that, then you're right - there's not much point hanging around. If you are willing to put in the effort, then people will make more of an effort to be nice to you.

And it's not that we don't like you, it's just that it's a little offensive for a newbie to come in and tell people who have been here a lot longer that THEY are the ones who typing wrong.

Last edited by Magpie_Tendencies; 03-11-2006 at 07:12 PM. Reason: It's funny cos I told her to spellcheck.
Magpie_Tendencies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 07:13 PM   #22
Reject_Bunnies

She's 14,words like:"Spelling" and "Literary" are not in her MTV vocabulary.

{lik OMG wTf??!}
Reject_Bunnies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 07:14 PM   #23
Magpie_Tendencies

HEY! I'm 14 too!
Old 03-11-2006, 07:17 PM   #24
Reject_Bunnies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magpie_Tendencies
HEY! I'm 14 too!
And I never would have guessed it either,
you make perfect sense in each post.
Reject_Bunnies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 07:19 PM   #25
Kirsti

i never said that any of you where typing wrong. i accepted the fact that my typing was incorrect and not up to standards.