Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 03-16-2005, 08:46 PM   #76
Panther

Location: The middle of nowhere, on the outskirts of the boonies.
*chuckles*

I'm not saying I'm absoloutly, 100% right, but it's what I believe. You believe what works for you.

Perhaps you shuold take up belief in a quick proof read of your posts.
Will we stroll dreaming of the lost America of love
past blue automobiles in driveways, home to our silent
cottage?
-Allen Ginsberg, A Supermarket in California
Panther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2005, 11:18 PM   #77
TeapotScar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther
Perhaps you shuold take up belief in a quick proof read of your posts.
I *BELIEVE*!!

-Add me on myspace, because I'm pretty sure I've tried to add you! http://www.myspace.com/fermeztesyeux
TeapotScar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 07:34 AM   #78
Necrophilliac

I am thy god speaketh of. Thou shall not use thy name in veineth. LOL it's all bullshit i think. Think about it this way. If Animals and humans were able to evolve on earth, just imagine what else exists in our galaxy.
Necrophilliac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 10:09 AM   #79
WolfMoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empty_Purple_Stars
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMaelstrom

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragdoll_misfit
Is there some major error in my way of thinking?
Yes.
Bwhahahaha..

*Werd*
We all must believe and pay homage to the

Portuguese Love God that is Mael!

He accepts chanting, sobbing and other oral services.

:twisted:
WolfMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 01:12 PM   #80
MrMaelstrom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necrophilliac
If Animals and humans were able to evolve on earth, just imagine what else exists in our galaxy.
YEAH, like galactic chicks with vodka in their boobs , cannabis exhaled from their lungs and a vagina that tastes as good as....er ...a vagina?!

Your olde englishe ise a littlee incorrectee (unlike mine) eheheh
Old 03-24-2005, 03:02 AM   #81
Giga

Re: Does God Exist?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dollclans
Does God Exist?

This is one of the best explanations of why god allows pain and suffering that i have seen. it's an explanation other people should understand.

A man went to a barbershop to have his hair and beard trimmed. As the barber began to work, they began to have a good conversation. They talked about so many things and various subjects.

When they eventually touched the subject of god that barber said, "i don't believe in god."

"Why do you say that?" asked the customer.

"Well, you just have to go out in the street to realize god doesn't exist. Tell me, if god exists, would there be so many sick people? Would there be abandoned children? If god existed, there would be neither suffering nor pain. I can't imagine loving a god who would allow all of these things."

The customer thought for a moment, but didn't respond because he didn't want to start an argument. The barber finished the job and the customer left the shop.

Just after he left the shop, he saw a man in the street with long, stringy, dirty hair and an untrimmed beard. He looked dirty and unkempt.

The customer turned back and entered the shop again and said to the barber, "you know what? barbers don't exist."

"How can you say that?" asked the barber. "I am here, and I am a barber."

"No!" the customer exclaimed. "Barbers don't exist because if they did, there wouldn't be people with long, dirty hair and untrimmed beards."

"Ah, but barbers DO exist! What happens is, people do not come to me."

"Exactly!" affirmed the customer."God does exist. What happens is, some people do not go to him. That's why there's so much pain and suffering!"
Let me guess: that story was written by some catholic asshole, wasn't it?

It's a nice story sure thing, but it's a horrible lie. It actualy points out that we would be spared pain & suffering if only we came to God. What a bunch of crap!

I used to be something like a hardcore Christian, and all it did was create more problems and insecurity. Fuck that. Christians are as unhappy as all other people, no religion can change that.
Giga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2005, 06:42 AM   #82
illuminatti

i think something like a God might exist, but it is certainly not what all religions try to tell us. All the suffering in the world is explained by the fact that god gave humans a choice or that the devil is at work. Some people like to believe in that because otherwise they would loose hope in life. They like what the church tells them about being rewaded for your pain after death. I don't believe in it, but I sure think that it's useful for mankind, because the church works with the minds of people and convinces many to lead good and harmless lives. But on the other hand, it also brings to fanatics, who are much more dangerouse than simple criminals. What were most of the wars always about? Religion. Belief in God and thoughts a "right way of life" makes some want to establish what they believe is the "right way of life" all over the place. They end up just killing anyone that gets in their way. So religion is hope for some and war and intolerance for others.
It brings little good, if you ask me. I am not sure if I believe in the existance of God, but I am absolutely sure that I don't believe what the curch tells about him because there are too many disagreements and lies rotating around the church.
illuminatti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2005, 10:53 AM   #83
WolfMoon

Giga! where the FUCK have you been?

Christians are as unhappy as all other people, no religion can change that.

I can certainly agree with that statement.I became a happier person once I realized that if I didn't get out of (a certain)religion I'd be a complete nutjob.Imagine growing up and being told that everything you hear,see or do is a sin?You can't have a stray thought, cuz it's a sin!You can't have or like sex, cuz it's a sin!You can't listen to anything but a certain kind of music , cuz the Debbil is teh angel of music and anything you might hear on the radio is a sin!You can't question anything about your religion, cuz that's duh debbil whispering in your ear plus, it's a sin!

I'd actually say that some people of certain denominations are more unhappy than others.But that's okay cuz the worse they suffer in life the more they'll be rewarded once they reach those pearly gates!

Ya gotta loooooove southern baptism!

:roll:
Old 03-24-2005, 11:18 AM   #84
edible_eye

hmmmmm...

cordin' ta them thar southern bap-teests, i'm a big ol' sinner.

- spits into spittoon -

'magine that?
Old 03-24-2005, 11:35 AM   #85
WolfMoon

Yep, and the weird thing?

It wasn't just one isolated church, I went to about 6 or 7 through my life!If it was just one I might've thought it was the preacher or something.

They's some weird 'uns.
Old 03-24-2005, 11:40 AM   #86
MrMaelstrom

You if went through 5 or 7, it's hard to argue you didn't try.

Good on ya, girl.
Old 03-24-2005, 03:10 PM   #87
Giga

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfMoon
Giga! where the FUCK have you been?
Everywhere except on teh intraweb. Been very busy these last few months. Ask EPS, I gave her an inside info

Quote:
Christians are as unhappy as all other people, no religion can change that.

I can certainly agree with that statement.I became a happier person once I realized that if I didn't get out of (a certain)religion I'd be a complete nutjob.Imagine growing up and being told that everything you hear,see or do is a sin?You can't have a stray thought, cuz it's a sin!You can't have or like sex, cuz it's a sin!You can't listen to anything but a certain kind of music , cuz the Debbil is teh angel of music and anything you might hear on the radio is a sin!You can't question anything about your religion, cuz that's duh debbil whispering in your ear plus, it's a sin!

I'd actually say that some people of certain denominations are more unhappy than others.But that's okay cuz the worse they suffer in life the more they'll be rewarded once they reach those pearly gates!

Ya gotta loooooove southern baptism!
In serbia we have orthodox christianity... and it's the most hypocritical "religious" people you'll ever see. I don't know how hypocritical it is in america, but here, it's incredible.

I tried being a real good christian, I mean, really tried to set my mind to it... and needless to say, utterly failed after about a year of it. A year filled with insecurity, traumas, almost a nerveous brakedown etc.

As soon as I dropped it and really started believing in stuff I always believed in (love, myself, misanthropy, oblivion, humor etc.) I felt at ease with myself.

Now I'm fine, and I wouldn't change it for anything. My only true God is Love and now I'm as close to it as I ever will be.

As I walk all my life drifts before me
And though the end is near I'm not sorry
Catch my soul cos it's willing to fly away

Mark my words please believe my soul lives on
Please don't worry now that I have gone
I've gone beyond to see the truth

When you know that your time is close at hand
maybe then you'll begin to understand
Life down there is just a strange illusion.
Old 03-25-2005, 02:59 AM   #88
drgnlvr

Most of the Western religions I've encountered seem to have a similar dogma...expecting you to achieve Godhood, by behaving in a manner that runs counter to human nature.

It's black and white, and no grey in between.

Mind you..I'm talking the -religions- not the -people- who believe in that religion. I know alot of wonderful people who are believers of Western religions, and are comfortable with the philosophies. They have managed to successfully take the dogma out of the religion, and keep the spirituality, and are very happy because of it.

Me, personally? I couldn't deal with it. The message of Christ was getting lost in modern day dogmatic opression (Can you tell I like the word Dogma?), and it was really hard to find a place of spirituality that wasn't polluted by the zealots. There were -good- people in the churches, but the bad seemed to outnumber them. Being in those places made my physically ill. Seriously.

So I lived my own life, by my own rules, and my own beliefs.

And then I met Sam, who is Buddhist. I prodded him for information, and discovered that I had essentially been a Buddhist myself...all along.

It -feels- right. You are not only allowed to question, you are -expected- to. It allows for the human factor. We cannot attain enlightnement instantly. We have to work toward it. And each step closer stays with us, even if we make mistakes. If you want to be a monk, or a nun, that's fine. Its a tough life, not everyone is cut out for it. If you find out you're not, you're free to go, and you're not condemned to some kind of Hell for it.. It just wasn't your path.

It's logical, and its not really in conflict with any other religion (Well, okay, it doesn't work well with Le Veyanist Satanism...but that's only because Buddhism isn't hedonistic...it's not acsetic, either. It's the Middle Path).

Simpley put, Buddhism makes sense...to me.

As for whether there is a God or not. Can't say. Which is the basis of "fatih", yes? You have to proof, or hard evidence in the existence of God, but you believe there is one.

I just don't have that much faith.

Is there a life out there in the vast universe that's a Higher Power? I have faith that there is. I think it would be arrogant to think we're the only intelligent life in the universe, after all. But Higher is the optimal term.. But a God? I suppose that would be a matter of perspective, wouldn't it?
Old 03-25-2005, 03:49 AM   #89
Giga

Quote:
So I lived my own life, by my own rules, and my own beliefs.
First off, I respect your opinion and your beliefs, but that sentence is the exact reason why I dislike organized religion. Everyone has their own interpretation and set of beliefs, and it is the exact thing organized religion is against.

Then again, I'm quite misanthropic (I get pissed off by just looking at people walking the streets, yeah I got issues, I know) and human hypocricy really pisses me off.

Ah just ignore me & my ramblings...

(this post has no personal connection with drgnlvr, just in case it seemed like I was criticizing him/her)
Old 03-25-2005, 01:54 PM   #90
MrMaelstrom

Easy there Xnguela, your expressing a very reasonable and logical mistake, but a mistake nonetheless.

Let unka Mael explain it:

There's the new "religion" or satanism (like LaVey's) which uses Satan as a mere spiritual model, not a rational or faithfull worshipping of the character as a living breathing entity. More of an atitude towards ourselves and others. A philosophy in itself, if you will. A real satanist will not turn the other cheek, but neither do most "christians" for that matter.

There might or not be the use of ritual magic, but done in a way that can be perceived to an outsider as just egotistical, cold and calculist in its fashion.

Then there's the satanism that came first, which is the one that never really existed, which is the one invented by the catholic church in the european middle ages to persecute practitioners of magic, pagans, jews and midwives (or whatever you call people in little villages who help deliver babies and cattle and know the uses of herbs).
They were acuseed of everything and burned for it.
They were said to read the mass backwards (black mass) to invoke the devil.
Remember that mass was read in latin, a language only used by scholars (mostly monks, who were almost the only that could read anyway, therefore the control the church had in political power, because the church was the only one qualified to write treaties and alliances).

Today's satanism, the real one, takes more of a cold approach to the world, along the lines of law-of-the-jungle/survival of the fittest.

It mostly means they are just as scared and confused as the rest of us, but they choose to withdraw or attack instead of reaching out as an approach.

Hope that clears things up a bit.

If you want to know my biblical perspective, I'm a fan of both the Jesus dude as well as the angel Lucifer (light of the Morning or Venus, if you prefer), as well as Lilith (the real 1st woman, cast out of Eden for refusing to submit sexually to Adam).
But I have a big crush on Maria Magdalena (I love sinners who repent, they turn me on and are usually great in bed).
Old 03-25-2005, 02:09 PM   #91
WolfMoon

Quote:

Good on ya, girl.
Well, we moved around alot.But we were a baptist family.I've also been to lutheran, penticostle(sp?) and non-denominational churches.I have to agree with Draggy on the buddhist thing, it feels natural, but so does paganism.So am I a Buddhist pagan or a Pagan buddhist?

:wink:
Old 03-25-2005, 02:26 PM   #92
MrMaelstrom

Quote:
So am I a Buddhist pagan or a Pagan buddhist?

Don't you know?

YOU'RE A FILTHY HEATHEN AND YOU'LL BURN FOREVER IN THE LAKE OF FIRE. (there's a lakeside pub & grill, so its alright)

That reminds me of a joke: this kid comes home and goes to his dad: - Dad, I'm gay.

-No, you're not, son. I know you're not.

-No dad, it's true, I'm gay. I like men, not women. I'm homosexual.

-No, son, you're not, and I'll prove it. Do you drive a BMW, Mercedes or Caddy?

-No, dad.

-Do you live in a house or a flat?

-A flat, dad.

-See? You're not gay, you're a ******, just like the others.

Sorry chilums, not feeling ver PC today.
Old 03-25-2005, 02:40 PM   #93
WolfMoon

I like bar-b-que!

That reminds me of all that T-bone I had last weekend.We had a windfall,so we splurged.

No,I said T-bone!

:twisted:
Old 03-26-2005, 02:06 AM   #94
drgnlvr

Quote:
Quote:

Good on ya, girl.
Well, we moved around alot.But we were a baptist family.I've also been to lutheran, penticostle(sp?) and non-denominational churches.I have to agree with Draggy on the buddhist thing, it feels natural, but so does paganism.So am I a Buddhist pagan or a Pagan buddhist?

You're WolfMoon! A religion unto yourself. :wink:

Okay...serious answer. Possibly Buddhist in philosophy, but Pagan in spirituality. You might follow the Eight-Fold Path, but I take it you practice ritual magic?

Believe it, or not...there's really very little difference in some of the ritual practices in Buddhism and Wicca, or other "Pagan" beliefs.

For instance, Sam and I will burn Sandalwood, along with white sage and sweetgrass to cleanse the house. He has a lovely Sillhouette of a Thai Gargoyle that watches over the entrance, and a sprig of cedar hanging over the door. We acknowledge the light and the dark, the male and the female, and understand you cannot have one without the other.

There are some differences, but they aren't that great. "Do what you will, but harm none" is pretty essential in Buddhism, as well. :wink:
Old 03-26-2005, 02:24 PM   #95
WolfMoon

I don't have time to do rituals or anything.I don't do things like opening/closing/joining circles or anything.Although I am quite curious to experiment after talking to Mael about it.He gave me a whole new perspective on it!Of course I'll never do things like 'love spells' or anything along those lines.I wish I could have found a smudge stick to cleanse the apartment after moving, but oh well.

I guess my beliefs are taken from Taoism, Buddhism and Paganism.I haven't had the time lately to go to any of the stores Gypsy recommended in that other 'ESP' thread,so I haven't aquired any specific books.I do own a copy of the Tao Te Ching though!

*wanders off thinking about all the books she'd like to own regarding various religions*
Old 03-26-2005, 08:55 PM   #96
Elbryan

Mormon church

I've been to a Mormon church before. Strange folks, but nice anyway. I can't trust them fully though.
Elbryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2005, 10:48 AM   #97
MrMaelstrom

Over my undead body, thank you very much.

Actually, being a goth, I don't have that problem.
You stand in my way, I'll walk around you.

Goths are pussies, might you therefore imply?
Well, try standing in my way twice...
Old 03-27-2005, 03:51 PM   #98
edible_eye

this guy stood in mael's way twice. look - i got a snapshot.

maelstrom, you need some sun. your skin is all gray and shit.

Old 03-27-2005, 07:35 PM   #99
ghostposts

Common Herbs Used in Smudge Sticks

Sage / White Sage
Cedar / Pine
Lavender
Sweet Grass
Mugwort
Copal

from a message board:

[code]today i picked sage. my hands still smell from the oils that they gifted me with as i tied them into bundles. i walked to the far side of our orchard and harvested from plants i have not allowed to be removed and replaced with trees. i could have walked another 60 feet to the hillside and picked but i do enjoy taking care of these ones here on our land. they gift me with enough sage to last the year. i filled my basket and then gathered some sweetgrass, cedar, juniper and lavendar and made four special bundles with a combination of these. then i bundled up the remaining sage and hung them in the tepee to dry. i still have enough left from last years harvest to last until these are dried but oh how wonderful the tepee smells now with fresh cut sage hanging inside. i took some of last years sage and made smoke along with some cedar and sweet grass bundles. if you pick your own sage now is the time before it comes into the flowering time. [/code]
ghostposts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2005, 05:56 PM   #100
Niccolo

Of course god exists or else the devil wouldn't.
Niccolo is offline   Reply With Quote