Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 10-14-2008, 12:17 PM   #51
LiUsAiDh

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagicapri25
I love Alba sea-lipids.
Sea lipids? They made from blubber or something? Or is it just one of those lies that they put into makeup marketing; like free radicals that cleanse your skin?

Pie Jesu domine..... Donna eis requiem - *thwack*

'To become truly immortal, a work of art must escape all human limits: logic and common sense will only interfere. But once these barriers are broken, it will enter the realms of childhood visions and dreams.' - Giorgio de Chirico
LiUsAiDh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 12:56 PM   #52
NicoletteDifiorre

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBloodEternity
They stay on about the same as MAC for me, and I have insanely oily skin.

Oil fat troll ^_^
NicoletteDifiorre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 01:01 PM   #53
NicoletteDifiorre

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeythorn
Very true. As I said, the clinique wash she mentioned , I have actually used for my acne and it does not work on me. Even antibiotics didn't work.

I will say that the MAC cream eyeshadows ( in the tiny little tubes ) are very good and do stay put, but I do think some of the products are very overpriced for what they are.

Urban Decay is shit , utter shit as far as I am concerned. The eyeshadows are awful and don't stay on at all.

A- using eye shadow with a primer will save it from fading but.

Alot of acne ( the worst looking kind) is hormonal or because of toxins in your body so ya face wash wont fix that.
NicoletteDifiorre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 01:14 PM   #54
TheBloodEternity

"Oil fat troll"? What the fuck?

Also, washing your face with normal soap won't help acne, but using stuff specifically for acne followed with a toner and moisturizer (not proactiv, that stuff is shit) will help it.

"Lucifer was an idiot, it wound up lord and master of nothing at all."
TheBloodEternity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 01:50 PM   #55
Solumina

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoletteDifiorre
A lot of acne (the worst looking kind) is hormonal or because of toxins in your body so ya face wash wont fix that.
You know nothing about dermatology do you? There are many topical treatments for acne, including specially designed face washes others are creams that you leave on, some of which you put on at night and they must be removed in the morning if you have sensitive skin.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 02:22 PM   #56
honeythorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoletteDifiorre
A- using eye shadow with a primer will save it from fading but.

Alot of acne ( the worst looking kind) is hormonal or because of toxins in your body so ya face wash wont fix that.

I am wary of primers as the last one I used irritated my eye skin. I am very aware of the causes of acne having had it since I was 11. I never expected the wash to iradicte it, just improve the inflammation a little and shrink the larger pustules . It was a few years ago I used the wash. My acne is not so bad as it used to be due to my getting older, and with foundation on it is not terribly noticeable unless I have a breakout which thankfully is less often than it used to be.
honeythorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 02:36 PM   #57
TheBloodEternity

Honeythorn- is it possible that you have rosacia in addition to acne?

Old 10-15-2008, 03:40 PM   #58
honeythorn

No I don't have that. I have no permanent blush or redness.
honeythorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 11:49 PM   #59
Joker_in_the_Pack

Some criticism if I may PBE, I've seen your youtube videos, you might want to consider putting a lighter shade of eyeshadow. I can appreciate the desire to make your eyes look more sunken, but it's too much on you. You already have rather deep eyes.
Because before too long there'll be nothing left alive, not a creature on the land or sea, a bird in the sky. They'll be shot, harpooned, eaten, and hunted too much, vivisected by the clever men who prove that there's no such things as a fair world with live and let live. The Royal family go hunting, what an example to give to the people they lead and that don't include me, I've seen enough pain and torture of those who can't speak...

- Tough Shit, Mickey by Conflict
Joker_in_the_Pack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 11:55 PM   #60
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
(not proactiv, that stuff is shit)
No it isn't.
I had bad acne, now it looks almost like I never even had any.

It was bad FOR YOU.
Everyone's chemistry is different.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 11:14 AM   #61
Solumina

My issue with proactive is that they market it as though it is made for all skin types when it is pretty clearly made for people with normal to oily skin, and it pretty destructive to dry skin. At least they have a money back guarantee so it really isn't that big of a deal.
-Carbon Leaf
Old 10-16-2008, 11:28 AM   #62
Solumina

Quote:
I am wary of primers as the last one I used irritated my eye skin. I am very aware of the causes of acne having had it since I was 11. I never expected the wash to iradicte it, just improve the inflammation a little and shrink the larger pustules . It was a few years ago I used the wash. My acne is not so bad as it used to be due to my getting older, and with foundation on it is not terribly noticeable unless I have a breakout which thankfully is less often than it used to be.
If you have really stubborn acne then you may want to try Pevonia, it is kind of pricey but it is also amazing. You can only get it in spas or online but back in high school I had really bad acne and this cleared it up within about two weeks. I had tried just about everything, including prescription creams, when my mother's friend, who owns a spa, offered to let me try a travel kit for free. If it doesn't work for your skin type (though it is designed to be for all skin types), or you would rather only buy one piece to use with less expensive products, then you can use either the spot treatment or mask as they both work amazingly well on their own.
-Carbon Leaf
Old 10-16-2008, 11:44 AM   #63
LiUsAiDh

Quote:
No I don't have that. I have no permanent blush or redness.
My mum has rosacia, and doesn't have those. I'd get it checked out, she's 55 and still has it.

'To become truly immortal, a work of art must escape all human limits: logic and common sense will only interfere. But once these barriers are broken, it will enter the realms of childhood visions and dreams.' - Giorgio de Chirico
Old 10-16-2008, 11:49 AM   #64
Saya

Does anyone know whats good to get rid of body acne? My face is fine but I get it a lot on my back
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 12:26 PM   #65
Solumina

There are body washes out there that are designed to prevent/treat body acne, Neutrogena makes one that is really easy to find. Also don't forget to exfoliate your body about once a week.
-Carbon Leaf
Old 10-16-2008, 06:19 PM   #66
TheBloodEternity

Yeah, use an exfoliating body wash for acne and a loofah or mesh sponge. Works for me, but I don't have really bad body acne.

Old 10-16-2008, 07:08 PM   #67
Corpus_Macabre

Quote:
Yeah, use an exfoliating body wash for acne and a loofah or mesh sponge. Works for me, but I don't have really bad body acne.
Me either.

I would suggest to everyone with minor or major acne issues to use an exfoliating loofah or sponge. It really helps, and some, I do mean some, exfoliating lotion/scrubs block the pores a bit if not used with loofahs.

They feel weird at first because you are literally scratching off dead skin cells and releasing the filth stuck in pores but you get used to it after awhile. I have gotten many people to use loofah's and they think it is great, but I am not so sure about people with overly sensitive or tempermental skin.

Below is an extract from wikipedia in regards to skin care. Sorry, but I cannot post URL's yet.

Quote:
Hygiene
See also: Exfoliation (cosmetology)
Unclean skin favors the development of pathogenic organisms – the dead cells that continually slough off of the epidermis mix with the secretions of the sweat and sebaceous glands and the dust found on the skin to form a filthy layer on its surface. If not washed away, the slurry of sweat and sebaceous secretions mixed with dirt and dead skin is decomposed by bacterial flora, producing a foul smell. Functions of the skin are disturbed when it is excessively dirty; it becomes more easily damaged, the release of antibacterial compounds decreases, and dirty skin is more prone to develop infections. Cosmetics should be used carefully because these may cause allergic reactions. Each season requires suitable clothing in order to facilitate the evaporation of the sweat. Sunlight, water and air play an important role in keeping the skin healthy.

The skin supports its own ecosystems of microorganisms, including yeasts and bacteria, which cannot be removed by any amount of cleaning. Estimates place the number of individual bacteria on the surface of one square inch (6.5 square cm) of human skin at 50 million though this figure varies greatly over the average 20 feet2 (1.9 m²) of human skin. Oily surfaces, such as the face, may contain over 500 million bacteria per square inch (6.5 cm²). Despite these vast quantities, all of the bacteria found on the skin's surface would fit into a volume the size of a pea.[3] In general, the microorganisms keep one another in check and are part of a healthy skin. When the balance is disturbed, there may be an overgrowth and infection, such as when antibiotics kill microbes, resulting in an overgrowth of yeast. The skin is continuous with the inner epithelial lining of the body at the orifices, each of which supports its own complement of microbes.

Oily skin is caused by over-active glands, that produce a substance called sebum, a naturally healthy skin lubricant.[1] When the skin produces excessive sebum, it becomes heavy and thick in texture. Oily skin is typified by shininess, blemishes and pimples.[1] The oily-skin type is not necessarily bad, since such skin is less prone to wrinkling, or other signs of aging,[1] because the oil helps to keep needed moisture locked into the epidermis (outermost layer of skin).

The negative aspect of the oily-skin type is that oily complexions are especially susceptible to clogged pores, blackheads, and buildup of dead skin cells on the surface of the skin.[1] Oily skin can be sallow and rough in texture and tends to have large, clearly visible pores everywhere, except around the eyes and neck.[1]

The goal of treating oily skin is to remove excess surface sebum without complete removal of skin lipids.[1] Severe degreasing treatment can foster an actual worsening of sebum secretion, which defeats the aim of the cleansing.[1] A method of cleansing oily skin is to wash with a solution of a mild synthetic detergent[1] (see: surfactant) containing no oils, waxes or other lipid agents that could aggravate the oily condition of the skin, sometimes combined with a toning lotion. Such a product removes the oily residue and debris from the skin surface. Some cleansing products have lower concentrations of hydroxy acids, which remove dead cells from the upper levels of the stratum corneum.[1] Those products should be used on a regular basis to work adequately.[1] A light moisturizer may be included in a product to counteract any drying effects of the cleanser.
Hope that helps.
Corpus_Macabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 05:24 PM   #68
sagicapri25

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiUsAiDh
Sea lipids? They made from blubber or something? Or is it just one of those lies that they put into makeup marketing; like free radicals that cleanse your skin?
Actually, my dear, sea lipids are taken from kelp, and it has nothing to do with whales or seals or fish.

Sarcasm will get you baby steps, as free radicals are the lovely pollutiony things we women do our damnedest to avoid. Parabens are lovely little chemical preservatives they put in our products, which actually copy our little hormones called estrogen. Repeat: P-R-E-S-E-R-V-A-T-I-V-E-S(i.e. formaldehyde, DDT, etc.) They are finding that parabens can actually cause breast tumors, as well as other such difficulties. Do your research before you mock, love.
sagicapri25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 07:21 PM   #69
Unimatrix 00

Quote:

Actually, my dear, sea lipids are taken from kelp, and it has nothing to do with whales or seals or fish.

Sarcasm will get you baby steps, as free radicals are the lovely pollutiony things we women do our damnedest to avoid. Parabens are lovely little chemical preservatives they put in our products, which actually copy our little hormones called estrogen. Repeat: P-R-E-S-E-R-V-A-T-I-V-E-S(i.e. formaldehyde, DDT, etc.) They are finding that parabens can actually cause breast tumors, as well as other such difficulties. Do your research before you mock, love.
Oh fuck off.
Unimatrix 00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 06:09 AM   #70
LiUsAiDh

Quote:

I think Uni expressed my sentiments pretty well.

On top of that, Oh Patronising One, I'd love to see where I was using sarcasm. I was, I think you'll find, taking the piss.

Old 10-24-2008, 04:33 PM   #71
ScorchedEarthErotica

Quote:
Originally Posted by poisonedblueeyes
i weigh 55 pounds you fool
Thats
only your head
ScorchedEarthErotica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 10:58 PM   #72
sagicapri25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unimatrix 00
Oh fuck off.

Oh dahlin, I would love to, but I do think that is inappropriate for a married woman. I do not think my wife would enjoy the sight of me fucking off for you. ^_^
Old 10-24-2008, 11:03 PM   #73
sagicapri25

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiUsAiDh
On top of that, Oh Patronising One, I'd love to see where I was using sarcasm. I was, I think you'll find, taking the piss.
As for you love, I apologise. Bad days do not go well with reading. Hate me if you will, eh?
Old 10-31-2008, 09:18 AM   #74
crucifix

I wash my face with just warm water or just a little bit of original dove. I use walgreens brand alpha hydroxy cream and my skin is very clear. I use to have severe eczema on my face (about 80% of it was covered in fire engine red raise scaly patches) and so now that my skin has cleared, I try to use the bare minimum of skincare to keep it from getting inflamed again.
crucifix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 10:31 AM   #75
XxBloodyrosexX

I do own black lipstick. I do wear it. It doesn't look too bad on me. I'm not uber pale. I do used bloody mary's white heat to brush over my face and neck. It's very sheer and mostly just helps even my skin tone. like reverse bronzer. LOL. On the lip stick, if you don't want black or cherry, I advise Black orchid. It's not black, really. It's a mauve-y color. I like it. The brand is wet and wild. W&W is cheap and works good. I use their black nail polish too. lipstick: $1 Nail polish:$1 it's pretty sweet. Bloody Mary is about $7 for a good sized compact but, people spend the same on a tube of mascara. or other face powders. I like my make-up rutine. powder, eye-shadow, eyeliner, mascara, lip stick/gloss.
XxBloodyrosexX is offline   Reply With Quote