Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 04-01-2009, 07:37 AM   #26
Stormtrooper of Death

I'd say losing a close friend, there's no way I could take it.
Old 04-01-2009, 08:48 AM   #27
Solumina

Losing my mom or Jake, I've already lost the single most important person in my life I couldn't handle losing either of them.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 09:34 AM   #28
Godslayer Jillian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicero View Post
Please, tell me what it it. If it is fucking ET tell me. I can't stand it for my life and I fucking hate it when people think it's something they can fuck around with.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 09:43 AM   #29
Godslayer Jillian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roserougesang View Post
I know Jillian's fear
Seriously, why the fuck did you do that?
If I didn't want to say my fear, why the fuck did you think I'd be ok with you shouting it out loud, you cunt.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 09:51 AM   #30
a morbid curiosity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godslayer Jillian View Post
Please, tell me what it it. If it is fucking ET tell me. I can't stand it for my life and I fucking hate it when people think it's something they can fuck around with.
Aw.
It is indeed a picture of ET, just so you know.
Old 04-01-2009, 09:56 AM   #31
Solumina

So is it an irrational fear or is there a reason for your fear of ET?
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 10:02 AM   #32
HavelockV

The prospect of returning from work or school or wherever I have been and finding that my home has caught fire and been burned to the ground has always provided me with not a little fear.
HavelockV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 10:15 AM   #33
zebra

I think I'm most afraid of losing myself, cheesy as that sounds. And no matter how much I tried to convince myself that ET was not evil, he always creeped me out too...
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 10:26 AM   #34
Alarica

I have an irrational fear of water. Like streams, rivers, lakes, the sea. I've always been like it and have no idea why it came about. I'm convinced something will pull me under, or jump out. I also cant put my head under water in a swimming pool or the bath, for longer than a few seconds.

I was a vegetarian until I lost my virginity, and a wise man said to me 'do you not feel guilty now, having had all that meat inside you?'
Alarica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 10:41 AM   #35
Mr E Nigma

I honestly don't know what my worst fear is...

(Haha I was scared of ET up until I was 6)

(I guess this thread goes right along with the fact that death isn't as fear inducing as a lot of people would think)
Old 04-01-2009, 10:49 AM   #36
Beowulf

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alarica View Post
I have an irrational fear of water. Like streams, rivers, lakes, the sea. I've always been like it and have no idea why it came about. I'm convinced something will pull me under, or jump out. I also cant put my head under water in a swimming pool or the bath, for longer than a few seconds.

I also used to be afraid of the water when was a lot younger, I could not go anywhere near swimming pools or ponds (I know I fell in the garden pond when I was two) for a long time, I guess learning to swim helped me overcome that fear.

Alarcia, I hope you overcome your fear of water one day !!!.
live the gods of yesterday.

Be excellent to one another !!!.
Beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 10:56 AM   #37
Malice In Wonderland

Aside from the general losing friends/loved ones.

I'm shit scared of deep water.
And being eaten alive or boiled.
Oh and me or anyone I know becoming addicted to something.
That probably scares me more than the rest.

"One mohawk wasn't enough to keep up with how badass he is so he had to get two." - Haunted House, about me, YEAH, ME!

Terror Nuclear,Terror Nuclear
Malice In Wonderland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 11:55 AM   #38
Duane

Being thrown in jail for "******" a chick, one who went out of her way to make it look like I actually did, when I didn't. Instead of being saved by a tape recorder, like my character Thomas Benson, I'd waste 50 years of my life in jail. After getting out, I'd be nothing more than a disgusting animal that has no rights, and should be kept under close surveillance until I die. I don't know about the 50 years... I think that's a life sentence, but still either way it'd be terrible.
Duane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 12:00 PM   #39
Apathy's_Child

I think we can take it for granted that most everyone's scared of losing loved ones, or dying in agonizing pain, so I guess I'll skip those.

I guess the thing I'm most afraid of is the fine line between high-functioning alcoholism and sitting in your own piss having lost everything that matters to you. I don't THINK I'll ever get that bad, but the possibility is something that terrifies me. I'm also scared that that's how my youngest brother will wind up - he's fifteen and already worse than I can be now.

Witches have no wit, said the magician who was weak.
Hula, hula, said the witches. - Norman Mailer
Apathy's_Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 12:34 PM   #40
Lady Christine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godslayer Jillian View Post
Seriously, why the fuck did you do that?
If I didn't want to say my fear, why the fuck did you think I'd be ok with you shouting it out loud, you cunt.
It is a picture of ET by the way... but I understand where you're coming from. Pee Wee Herman and I don't get along in any sense of the word. I know how you feel. Is there any reason why ET scares the shit out of you?
Lady Christine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 01:25 PM   #41
Underwater Ophelia

I don't like ET, either, to be honest.
One of my worst fears is aliens.

I saw Signs in theatres...and ran out screaming and sobbing.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 01:25 PM   #42
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by a morbid curiosity View Post
I'm terrified of needles. They make me nauseous.
You're nauseous on your own.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 01:33 PM   #43
Pineapple_Juice

I can't decide what's the worst, but I'll name a few really bad ones:

-being physically incapacitated in some way, like a vegetable or like one side of my body going slack and still maintaining perfect mental clarity.
-being a true vegetable without a coherent thought process.
-dying
-HIV/AIDS, brain aneurysms, blood clots going to my brain
-fear that everyone I know thinks I'm a fucking idiot and is just too nice to say anything/being stupid
-the dark

There's more. I'm scared of a lot of stuff.
Old 04-01-2009, 01:36 PM   #44
Pyre

Jillian beat me to it: One of my worst fears is ET. A traumatic event in childhood left me scarred for life. I forced myself to, for the most part, get over it by watching the movie with friends. Some of the scenes still make me cry on the inside, though.

I have severe arachnophobia. The only panic attacks I've ever experienced have been a direct result of close encounters with spiders. I am sometimes too scared to even squish the tiniest of spiders: it must be so small I can barely see it before I'll even consider touching it, and I usually have to talk myself into squishing it first.

Aside from that: graduating from college and not knowing what the hell to do. Seriously, what the fuck do I do with a Bachelor's in Sociology?

"Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you" The Bible (Matthew 7:12)
Pyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 01:45 PM   #45
a morbid curiosity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underwater Ophelia View Post
You're nauseous on your own.
Many thanks!

JOOI, how do I offend?
Old 04-01-2009, 01:51 PM   #46
Pyre

Ophelia: I have a friend that tries to be the "macho, alpha male," but he's totally afraid of alien invasions. It amuses me thoroughly.

I also have a friend who's terrified that there's going to be a zombie apocalypse. She always figures out where graveyards are in relation to where she is and makes note of escape routes.

Someone else's fear of water reminded me of another of mine:
When I first saw Jaws as a child I was quickly enamored with sharks and wanted to study them as a marine biologist. However, years later I began having nightmares about sharks and developed a fear of them. Furthermore, I began having nightmares about water in general, more specifically about what's under the surface of the water. I now have some unresolved fear of creatures living in water, including creatures that do not exist, and to express the extent of this fear I will try to briefly retell two experiences I have had.

1. While playing a demo version of WoW I stumbled across Loch Lake. In the center of Loch Lake is a small island, so I thought "I'll swim to that island and see what's up." As I began crossing I looked down and saw two or three gigantic Lochness monsters at the bottom of the lake, and I began panicking and quickly swam back to shore, heart pounding and breath staggered. It was frightening. I never reached the island.

2. Watching History Channel's "The Universe" one night, they discussed the probability of a planet with a mass similar to that of Earth's, but made of water. The computer generated model of the planet was on the screen and the view began panning across the surface of the planet, and perhaps even below the surface (I don't remember). Despite the water being hypothesized to be so dense it'd be more like gelatin, when the episode began "touring" the planet I had this fear that a great shadowy monster would swim across the screen at any moment, and my nerves were tense.

If I am ever in a lake and a fish swims too close and touches me, I am going to splash and kick like nobody's business and get out of the water as fast as I fucking can.

"Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you" The Bible (Matthew 7:12)
Old 04-01-2009, 02:00 PM   #47
Malice In Wonderland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyre View Post
1. While playing a demo version of WoW I stumbled across Loch Lake. In the center of Loch Lake is a small island, so I thought "I'll swim to that island and see what's up." As I began crossing I looked down and saw two or three gigantic Lochness monsters at the bottom of the lake, and I began panicking and quickly swam back to shore, heart pounding and breath staggered. It was frightening. I never reached the island.
I have to get other people to play through bits on video games that involve deep water for me.
The thing is I've always wanted to go diving...
But I know I'd be shit scared.

"One mohawk wasn't enough to keep up with how badass he is so he had to get two." - Haunted House, about me, YEAH, ME!

Old 04-01-2009, 02:07 PM   #48
Pyre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malice In Wonderland View Post
I have to get other people to play through bits on video games that involve deep water for me.
The thing is I've always wanted to go diving...
But I know I'd be shit scared.
I can relate to that. Diving would be really cool, but I'd be too afraid of something scary popping out. When I last watched the Tom Hanks movie about being stranded on an island (too lazy to look up the title), I shuddered when the whale appeared next to him while he was on the water at the end of the movie. I would have shat all over myself.

Old 04-01-2009, 02:20 PM   #49
isobel black

I wouldn't exactly say I have a worst fear, but I've been slightly claustrophobic ever since we climbed the dome of St. Peter's Basilica.

It was a really narrow staircase, actually inside the dome wall, and of course terribly fucking crowded. I was OK until I happened to realize that you would be severly fucked if something were to happen, because there was just nowhere to go.

I haven't been bothered that much by it after that, except when we climbed the towers of Notre Dame, and while watching The Descent.
isobel black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 02:42 PM   #50
Malice In Wonderland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyre View Post
I can relate to that. Diving would be really cool, but I'd be too afraid of something scary popping out. When I last watched the Tom Hanks movie about being stranded on an island (too lazy to look up the title), I shuddered when the whale appeared next to him while he was on the water at the end of the movie. I would have shat all over myself.
My main problem is thinking something's going to come up beneath me.
I think it very possibely started with that part in Half Life where you have to fight a giant alien fish with a crossbow while you're in a small cage.
I just stood on the walkway and fired grenades at the water 'till it died...