Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > TV, Movies, & Games
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

TV, Movies, & Games Talk about your favorite TV shows, movies, games, and other media here. Or don't. We don't want to tell you what to do or anything.

Old 05-24-2010, 06:29 PM   #1
goth_96

Anyone watch Fringe

It was created by the creator of Lost
goth_96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 11:20 PM   #2
CptSternn

Yeah, but after the horrible ending of Lost, I'm thinking of skipping the rest now sure. I don't want to be disappointed with this sure.
CptSternn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 09:32 PM   #3
Ben Lahnger

Awwww ... picky, picky, picky!

Did you know that in the Sherlock Holmes story "The Five Orange Pips", from The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes, the mystery is never actually solved? Or that in in Raymond Chandler's The Big Sleep, one of the murders is never explained, and when it was pointed out to Chandler, he found himself surprised to realize that even he didn't know who had killed that victim. In the movie Zombie Apocalypse, the reason for the zombie apocalypse is never explained. ... well, that might be a bad example! LOL!

Sometimes the journey is more important and more meaningful than the destination.

Hey Sternn, at what point in your life did you stop remembering how to have fun?

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 12:13 AM   #4
CptSternn

Thats just more bad writing.
Old 05-26-2010, 06:56 AM   #5
Ben Lahnger

I would disagree, but you're entitled to your opinion.

I wonder how many things have been created that have mistakes in them but are still considered works of beauty. I think one should have an appreciation for more than just how perfectly wrought a thing is.

When if comes to art, much like man himself, if we discard or descry negatively all that is flawed, we will have slim choices to associate with in the end. And we will miss some wonderful opportunities to be amazed.

the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Old 06-23-2010, 09:30 PM   #6
Prisonic Fairytale

You know, I've always wanted to see that show. Haven't yet, though.
Prisonic Fairytale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 12:55 PM   #7
Ben Lahnger

Well, I thought I'd post this as it looks a little worrisome for Fringe. It's been widely speculated that the show might get cancelled if the ratings didn't pick up, and Fringe fans appear have responded by abandoning the airing of a brand new episode of the show on Friday night.

'Fringe' ratings sink to all-time low - April 19, 2011

The article at Entertainment Weekly does go on to say, "All-time lows in the run-up to the May upfronts is never news a drama series wants to get, particularly a bubble show on Friday nights. The good news is that Fox is hoping to bring Fringe back and this is still better than how the network was doing on Fridays in the fall."

So maybe the lowers ratings at this point won't be a factor. Still, I can't understand where all those people on the internet that profess to like this show so much went to on Friday night. And it wasn't even a rerun.

*shakes head*

the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,

Old 05-09-2011, 01:16 AM   #8
CptSternn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Lahnger View Post
Still, I can't understand where all those people on the internet that profess to like this show so much went to on Friday night. And it wasn't even a rerun.

*shakes head*
I watch every episode, only because I have watched them from the start. The show has jumped the shark. The storyline like Lost is so far gone no one now can just turn it on and figure out whats happening. Even people who saw the first series would be well in the dark. Hell, miss a couple of episodes and you too will be trying to figure out what the hell is going on.

I download episodes for two reasons.

1. They air weeks ahead in America

2. I won't waste my Friday night at home waiting for it to come on and then have to watch it full of adverts.

*I do have Sky+ which is like the Irish/UK version of Tivo so I could record it either way, but choose to download it.

But the storyline is quite lacking. In the beginning we didn't know what was happening, like Lost. Now that we know pretty much all of the secrets, it's not so mysterious, it's actually kinda boring, and the episodes are kinda predictable.

Even though I download it on the night it runs I usually don't watch it for days. I'll be sitting around and there will be nothing on telly and we will be like 'dont we have a Fringe we havent watched?' and then watch it.

IMHO it's gotten pretty lame this season and the plot just keeps getting duller and duller.

Is there going to be yet another season? Are they really going to drag it out even though they have explained everything? I really hope not.
Old 06-11-2011, 10:52 AM   #9
Ben Lahnger

As I pointed out in another thread, every time you download or DVR a show to skip through the commercials instead of watching it live, you give the networks one more reason to cancel it. Advertisers don't pay for shows so you can skip their commercials. So they don't count you in the ratings. And networks only support shows that carry enough rated viewers.

the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,

Old 08-12-2011, 09:41 AM   #10
Spooky Spencer

I watch Fringe, and I love it.

But why are people so utterly against ads? Popups and unders and stuff that covers the screen suck (usually online), but if the show goes to commercial and pitches a couple of things to pay for it, that matters, right?

Besides, commercials are fun. I don't drink beer, but I love beer commercials. Yeah, probably not what they want to hear.
Spooky Spencer is offline   Reply With Quote