Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 11-07-2010, 01:45 PM   #1
Lord Morozco

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

How do you do? I've never really considered myself gothic before, considering I've always had a taste for the occult, the macabe, the mystical, and the down right disturbing. The gltiz and glamor of the so called fashion trend has never been that appealing, now more so than ever with it being mass produced by a sub group of the GAP.

Anyhow, I'm trying this site out in hopes my grim ideas for stories and prose will at least be considered. I'm so tired of sites that consist of illiterate tweens and adult children whom have nothing else to say except "newfag" in a repeative drone as the american school system has programed them to say.

I'm a fan of H.P. Lovecraft, and hope to be a novellist myself one day (my ADHD willing). I'm generally an up front and brutally honest person. If what I say hurts, it's because I care (if that makes any sense). Poltically speaking I'm in the middle (I'm american, in case this site caters to people around the world, which I do hope). I am an outsider at heart, never really fitting into any kind of sub culture or mainstream culture, and I take pride in it. I value indivduality and freedom of choice in all things. I recognize the only race is the human race, all others are primative social constructs.

And just to set the record straight, I am an atheist. I'm not the crusading type however. I view religion for what it is, an emotional crutch to move past hardships without actually facing them and a means to motivate the common people to fight in the government's wars. Governmental power (any kind of supreme power) in my eyes is evil, and will always work to further it's own power at the expense of the common.

I don't know what to expect from this community, and I hope you are all more civil than the Neanderthal on sites like Gaia (^_^ I hope I don't sound too pompous with that remark, but with the internet it is very hard to find a group of mature people to work with).

I hope to showcase my works and horrify the hell out of you. Also to possibly network with others with the same "morbid" tastes I have.

Lastly Twilight is sexist trash, and the only book I'd ever consider for burning.
Lord Morozco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 02:10 PM   #2
Lord Morozco

As for your ten questions here you go:

1. What do you do? I'm currently working an IT support job to pay bills in between writing stories. I've had a bit of writer's block lately though. Just can't seem to get movtivated. I write a neat blend of horror, fantasy and science fiction. Usually along the themes of sword and sorcery, dystopian futures, and of course the occult.

2. Where are you from? : I never reveal that kind of information online for security.

3. Who is your favorite author?: In my teens it got started with Stephen King and Peter Straub. I've gotten bored of them, and have discovered the joys of H.P. Lovecraft, Edgar Alan Poe, Robert E. Howard, and I crave more. The Satanic Bible was incredibly entertaining. I've also been meaning to read The Serpent and The Rainbow (a non fiction book about secret hatian voodoo cults)

4. What are your favorite films?: I have an extensive palte of tastes, from mainstream slasher films, the works of Studio Ghibli, and Mondo Cannibal movies.

5. What music do you want played at your wedding?: I don't intend to be married.

6. At your funeral?: A choice selection from Nox Arcana. Or the theme from the movie Caligula: Prokofiev's Montagues and Capulets

7. This IS a gothic website, so... how do you want to die?: Death will arrive when it arrives. I do not care for it's arrival for there is nothing beyond it but endless sleep.

8. What kind of casket would you want?: A classic hexigonal one. The kind they supposedly still use in Haiti.

9. What's your FAVORITE outfit?: Whatever is comfortable. Black robes (^_^) (sarcasam).

10. What's one thing you miss about being a little kid?: Nothing.

11. What's your favorite band?: Off the top of my head I'd have to say Slayer.

12. What kind of education do you have?: I have a High School Diploma. What's your point?

13. Why did you join?: To horrify you with my prose and see it critqued by an audience that can appreciate it...I hope.

14. If the first 13 questions didn't give it away. What is your gender: I don't think matters much in this day and age. I am male.

Last edited by Lord Morozco; 11-07-2010 at 02:11 PM. Reason: F.O.
Old 11-07-2010, 03:22 PM   #3
Sinjob

You should check out the Book of Lies by Aleister Crowley, the same vein of LaVey only Crowley ended up taking himself way too seriously.

Welcome.
Sinjob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 04:04 PM   #4
Solumina

Welcome, you'll fin some idiots here but there are some intellectuals here as well, though we can be rather catty and bitchy.

I completely understand not wanting to reveal your location for privacy reasons but would you be willing to name a state or region? It can be somewhat helpful as different regions do have different norms, that and I'm somewhat obnoxiously curious so I pretty much want to know everything about everyone.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 04:25 PM   #5
Saya

You should check out Richard Matheson, Stephen King got a lot of ideas from him.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 09:03 PM   #6
Lord Morozco

Ah Crowley. He was a nut, I've been meaning to try out his ludicrousness, but I think I'd be too embarrassed to check it out at the library (at least with a straight face)

As for regional norms...I care nothing for norms or trends of any fashion. I am me, I know what I like and the things I like are considered to be gothic. I'm in Colorado if that will satisfy you.

Richard Matheson...I've not heard of him. I'll definitely have to check it out. I just hope all his works don't revolve around weird goings on in a New England town populated by assholes (with the exception of the main character).

Last edited by Lord Morozco; 11-07-2010 at 09:06 PM. Reason: typo
Old 11-07-2010, 09:15 PM   #7
Saya

Oh god no, but you can clearly see what influenced King. He wrote I Am Legend and What Dreams May Come.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 10:07 PM   #8
Lord Morozco

lol, excellent.
Old 11-08-2010, 07:39 AM   #9
ape descendant

*waves* Hey, we're state buddies.

Be Kind
ape descendant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 12:16 PM   #10
Solumina

[quote=Lord Morozco;642564]As for regional norms...I care nothing for norms or trends of any fashion. I am me, I know what I like and the things I like are considered to be gothic.QUOTE]
Oh of course, you are a special unique snowflake that hasn't been the least bit influenced by your environment

I was mostly referring to linguistic norms, like the fact that in different areas terms can mean rather different things.

Sorry if I seem a bit catty but that is a pet peeve of mine, I've studied far too much sociology and psychology to not be put off by people who refuse to acknowledge the influence their environment has had on them.
-Carbon Leaf
Old 11-09-2010, 10:14 AM   #11
Lord Morozco

@Solumina: Hrm. Being a goth site, I thought you refering more styles of goth dress and materlistic things of that nature. I grew up in New England and some of the snootiness from up there has had an effect, no dening that.

@ape descendent: Awesome. The hip hop "scene" out here sucks don't it?
Old 11-09-2010, 10:48 AM   #12
Solumina

You'll find rather quickly that this really isn't a goth site. Ages ago it was a literary site and the name came from gothic literature, not the subculture, over the years it has attracted many people who thought it was about the subculture due to the joys of google so there has been a rather heavy influence but the majority of members don't really identify as goth.
-Carbon Leaf
Old 11-14-2010, 06:33 AM   #13
Lydia Deetz

Welcome, I'm also an outsider of outsiders though it took me awhile to finally accept it. You seem to be a very deep and intelligent person who I feel I can have a nice meaningful chat with. Like it's been said, there are idiots here and please try not to let them turn you away. There are some people of depth here.
Lydia Deetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 06:18 PM   #14
Lord Morozco

@Solumina: I'm very pleased to hear that. I don't care for labels really.

@ Lydia: BEETLEJUICE BEETLEJUICE BEETLEJUICE
Old 11-15-2010, 06:53 AM   #15
Lydia Deetz

Ugh! Now you got the cartoon's theme song stuck in my head!
Lydia Deetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 02:47 PM   #16
Garethsteen

Welcome, I'm also a fan of H.P. Lovecraft (still reading the Necronomicon) and I also consider myself an outsider. Looking forward to reading your opinions on the boards.
Garethsteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 09:00 PM   #17
Murder.Of.Crows

I withhold the highest respect for H.P. Lovecraft. I have yet to find an author quite like him and doubt i ever will. I even named a lead character after him in my shitty story thingy... i am really trying to find another name, so not to be a pretentious moron, but still want to dedicate some likeness to my inspiration... yeah i have no idea why i'm going off in a tangent.... Well, hi there, how you do?
Murder.Of.Crows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 10:17 PM   #18
ape descendant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Morozco View Post

@ape descendent: Awesome. The hip hop "scene" out here sucks don't it?
I wouldn't know, I am not really into hip hop... or any sort of "scene" for that matter. I pretty much keep to myself.

Be Kind
ape descendant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 12:33 AM   #19
machel123

like the fact that in different areas terms can mean rather different things.