Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 10-06-2009, 10:23 AM   #1
skoteinh

skoteinh

Hello to you all!

It's been a while since my last visit (well... ahem... 3,5 years...).

1. What do you do? (Hobbies, job)
well, I work at a bank. boring.

2. Where are you from?
Athens, Greece

3. Who is your favorite author?
Can't pick one right now

4. What are your favorite films?
well... the same as above.

5. What music do you want played at your wedding?
Medieval!

6. At your funeral?
Sopor Aeternus

7. This IS a gothic website, so... how do you want to die?
In my sleep

8. What kind of casket would you want?
Ebony

9. What's your FAVORITE outfit?
Black velvet

10. What's one thing you miss about being a little kid?
Innocence

11. What's your favorite band?
Sopor Aeternus

12. What kind of education do you have? What is/was/will be your major?
BA, studying for an MA. My BA was on European Studies

13. Why did you join?
It's a Gothic website!

14. If the first 13 questions didn't give it away. What is your gender?
Female

It will take a while me to snoop around the boards and see what's happening, and learn my who's whos.

I hope it's still as much fun as it used to be, and I am looking forward to meeting you all!

See you around!
Old 10-07-2009, 07:23 AM   #2
Stormtrooper of Death

Welcome back.
Old 10-08-2009, 11:22 AM   #3
skoteinh

Thank you!

Glad to be back!
Old 10-26-2009, 12:20 AM   #4
PortraitOfSanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmonew0012 View Post
China, Japan, South Korea and Asean said they will expedite the development of permanent emergency rice reserves to ensure food security in times of crisis and disasters, according to a joint statement. China pledged 300,000 tons of rice. Australia and New Zealand’s free-trade agreement with a group of Southeast Asian nations will take effect next year, Australia said yesterday. The deal, originally signed in February at an earlier Asean meeting, is designed to eliminate or lower tariffs on products such as coffee, dairy, minerals, cars and vegetables in the next 12 years. Southeast Asian countries are “on track” to eliminate tariffs on most goods traded within the region by the beginning of 2010, Asean said in a statement yesterday. The group aims to form a free-trade area by Jan. 1 that would remove tariffs on more than 87 percent of imports, part of its efforts to create an economic zone modeled after the EU, without a common currency, by 2015. Regional Groups The Japanese and Australian proposals would build on existing regional groupings. Those include the 10-member Asean, the 21-member Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation bloc set to meet next month in Singapore and the 27-member Asean Regional Forum that U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton attended in July. Rudd’s Asia-Pacific Community would include the U.S., Japan, China, India, Indonesia and “the other states of our region,” he said in a speech last year. Its purpose would be to cooperate on economic, political and security matters and dispel notions that a conflict in Asia may be inevitable, he said at the time. Hatoyama, who came to office Sept. 16, said in a speech at the United Nations a week later that he would strive to create an East Asian community similar to the European Union. The goal was seen as potentially excluding the U.S. after he published an opinion article in the New York Times in August arguing that “the era of U.S.-led globalism is coming to an end.” Besides Thailand, which holds Asean’s rotating chairmanship, the group includes Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, the Philippines, Singapore and Vietnam. A wider East Asian free trade area may emerge before a new regional community is formed, Abhisit said yesterday.
Jeez at least the other spammers in there have the dignity to not post a wall of text.

I don't hate you. Saying I hate you would be like saying I hate a dog with no legs trying to cross a busy freeway.
-Mr. Filth
PortraitOfSanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 10:50 PM   #5
Jaye Jang

Now that we've met by default, welcome aboard. Have a similar degree, (Social and Cultural Anth). Never finished it. Major concentration was in Medieval French Civilization (particularly castles and cathedrals). Minor was in film history, with a side of geology. Never been to Greece, but I seldom miss the Greek Festival here (we have a pretty large international community).

Unfortunately, the only Greek I know (besides medical terminology), is Opa. Don't know if that means 'hello', 'goodbye' or 'no, I'm not Armenian'. Don't even know if I'm spelling it right, but for what it's worth, OPA.
Jaye Jang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 10:19 AM   #6
skoteinh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaye Jang View Post
Now that we've met by default, welcome aboard. Have a similar degree, (Social and Cultural Anth). Never finished it. Major concentration was in Medieval French Civilization (particularly castles and cathedrals). Minor was in film history, with a side of geology. Never been to Greece, but I seldom miss the Greek Festival here (we have a pretty large international community).

Unfortunately, the only Greek I know (besides medical terminology), is Opa. Don't know if that means 'hello', 'goodbye' or 'no, I'm not Armenian'. Don't even know if I'm spelling it right, but for what it's worth, OPA.
Your degree sounds really interesting, Jayne!
Well, I'm trying to finish my MA on Communications, Media and PR...

Greek festivals abroad are usually lots of fun, my Uni in London had a Greek society and they were notorious for their parties.

Well, 'opa' doesn't really translate, it's just an expression denoting enthousiasm, surprise, or just that you're having fun! People say it a lot when they're dancing. You can also use it when you want to stop someone from doing something, something like 'don't'.

I'll take your 'opa' as an expression of enthousiasm, or fun!!! : )
I'm sending you a virtual shot of ouzo!!!
Old 10-27-2009, 06:16 PM   #7
Jaye Jang

Quote:
Originally Posted by skoteinh View Post
Your degree sounds really interesting, Jayne!
Well, I'm trying to finish my MA on Communications, Media and PR...

Greek festivals abroad are usually lots of fun, my Uni in London had a Greek society and they were notorious for their parties.

Well, 'opa' doesn't really translate, it's just an expression denoting enthousiasm, surprise, or just that you're having fun! People say it a lot when they're dancing. You can also use it when you want to stop someone from doing something, something like 'don't'.

I'll take your 'opa' as an expression of enthousiasm, or fun!!! : )
I'm sending you a virtual shot of ouzo!!!
Merci beaucoup (enthousiastically). ;>
Jaye Jang is offline   Reply With Quote