Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 03-09-2009, 12:41 AM   #1
Opteron_Man

My mom and the rest! I can't believe this!

I invited my mom, my uncle, and my little brother and sister over on the weekend.

Mom was complaining and moaning about everything!
She complained about how "cold" it was in the apartment!
It wasn't cold. It was really pathetic how she was complaining!
My little 5 year old sis (Shannon) was pounding and running around and screaming and her parents just sat on my couch on their ass!

I put in a movie they wanted, and it was the German film, Downfall.
They all childishly got bored really fast, and started to imitate and make fun of the German the actors and actresses were speaking in the film!

I mean, they have the nerve to complain that their little kids don't behave at all and listen to them! The parents don't know how to behave themselves!

I am ashamed.
How do you expect the kids to behave when the parents set a terrible example and are grossly incompetent!?

I was grossed out how my sis acted like a 3 year old and how my 12 year old brother was screaming and hooting like a moron!

I tried to settle everything down but I failed. It was happy hour in the jungle time!

Later on when the stooges left, I went down stairs and apologized to my neighbors’ for the pounding banging noise they made.

It is hard for me to control my outrage when my mom complains about how she won’t drink coffee that was made more then 15 minutes ago, or how she doesn’t have a big LCD screen on her computer but NEEDS one!

When the woman I love is over in Spain (back home) and this wonderful and clever woman is in a small apartment and is running out of money, food, and fags (cigarettes)!

And my mom does not work to earn her money! There is no reason, she just won’t! She lives with my uncle and he draws a government check. She is his lover!

I wish I could be in a different family! All of them, they have no ambition to learn, they are allergic to learning! They have no will to make themselves a better person.

Why I was quiet, and proper when I was a kid and all though my development, and not wild and untamed like them, is one of the mysteries I have yet to crack.
Opteron_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 02:29 AM   #2
gothicusmaximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opteron_Man
And my mom does not work to earn her money! There is no reason, she just won’t! She lives with my uncle and he draws a government check. She is his lover!
Isn't this just the kind of sad reality that a callous Manhattanite playwright would exploit for the sake of art?
A man who remains with his deranged, obsessive-compulsive wife even as she essentially prostitutes herself to his brother?
The couple's five year old daughter, so neglected by her parents that don't think to not show her movies about Hitler's final days?
Their socially crippled autistic son, fixated with conspiracy theories and pseudoscience?
That's already better than August: Osage County. Pulitzer time.
gothicusmaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 02:43 AM   #3
Joker_in_the_Pack

Sex me now you witty jew bastard.
Because before too long there'll be nothing left alive, not a creature on the land or sea, a bird in the sky. They'll be shot, harpooned, eaten, and hunted too much, vivisected by the clever men who prove that there's no such things as a fair world with live and let live. The Royal family go hunting, what an example to give to the people they lead and that don't include me, I've seen enough pain and torture of those who can't speak...

- Tough Shit, Mickey by Conflict
Joker_in_the_Pack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 07:23 AM   #4
Tam Li Hua

Just because you share the same DNA doesn't mean you have to put up with them.
Old 03-09-2009, 07:29 AM   #5
Drake Dun

I was going to say the same thing. If they're really that bad, reduce your level of contact with them. There are ways to do that without spitting in their faces.
Drake Dun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 07:40 AM   #6
$haDe

Okay.... you have to admit that and live with it.

At least, she carried you in her stomach for like more than 7 months and the pain would probably beyond explanation, not to mention the moment you're outside and the time and oney she've wasted to raise you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake Dun
I was going to say the same thing. If they're really that bad, reduce your level of contact with them. There are ways to do that without spitting in their faces.
But spitting have ......meaning.
Old 03-09-2009, 07:44 AM   #7
Tam Li Hua

I don't think this is a problem of Opteron respecting his mom. It sounds like he's just frustrated with his family not being very good guests.
Old 03-09-2009, 08:03 AM   #8
$haDe

*nods*

It's not about respecting, though.

I mean.. at least he got a mum.
Old 03-09-2009, 12:24 PM   #9
Opteron_Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by gothicusmaximus
Isn't this just the kind of sad reality that a callous Manhattanite playwright would exploit for the sake of art?
A man who remains with his deranged, obsessive-compulsive wife even as she essentially prostitutes herself to his brother?
The couple's five year old daughter, so neglected by her parents that don't think to not show her movies about Hitler's final days?
Their socially crippled autistic son, fixated with conspiracy theories and pseudoscience?
That's already better than August: Osage County. Pulitzer time.
I showed them a stack of DVDs to choose from; they were indifferent and said “oh just stick in Downfall”. So I did. My mistake I suppose.
Get it right Gothicus; I am NOT “their” son. I am my dad's son, and my mother's son.
I certainly did not come from that moron uncle of mine in any way shape or form.
Old 03-09-2009, 12:31 PM   #10
Opteron_Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tam Li Hua
Just because you share the same DNA doesn't mean you have to put up with them.
Well, I try to be nice. But yeah you are probably right.
That Freddy, (my uncle) I can't stand him. He was out of his luck and he had know where to go, so I let him live here at my home in 2007.
He was the laziest piece of shit who ever lived! He spent all his time laying on my couch and watching TV. I washed the dishes, I vacuumed, and I scrubbed the bathroom. He just laid there. Or sat there drawing pictures of this dream home who thinks he will build in the wilderness.
I kicked his sorry ass out.

But I invite them over and I try to smile, for the children's sake.
But it is difficult. I am nothing like those characters, yet I am family.
We are completely different.
Old 03-09-2009, 12:34 PM   #11
Opteron_Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by $haDe
Okay.... you have to admit that and live with it.

At least, she carried you in her stomach for like more than 7 months and the pain would probably beyond explanation, not to mention the moment you're outside and the time and oney she've wasted to raise you.

But spitting have ......meaning.
I think it was more like 5 or 6 months. But I AM thankfull that my mother carried me. More then I can say. I give her a hug often and thank her for
carrying me.
Old 03-09-2009, 12:35 PM   #12
a morbid curiosity

Opteron Man, relax, Gothicus' statement was supposed to be tongue-in-cheek.

Besides, just take this as a lesson--in future, don't invite all your family round at once.
Old 03-09-2009, 12:39 PM   #13
Tam Li Hua

Opteron: There's something I don't understand. Family or not, why would you invite people to stay at your place if you don't enjoy their company? It's not Christmas or Turkey Day, which are the only conceivable reasons why one should put up with relatives one can't stand.

Even then, there are exceptions, depending on how detestible the family member(s) is.
Old 03-09-2009, 12:39 PM   #14
Opteron_Man

Quote:
I don't think this is a problem of Opteron respecting his mom. It sounds like he's just frustrated with his family not being very good guests.
Yeah, and not only that, I am stinking mad that they are not teaching their children how to behave. They are getting in trouble at school and it hurts me. These are my half-brother and half-sister. They are messed up because both her STUPID parents don't have the drive or talent to teach them all the correct things. I don't think they deserve to be parents at all.

One of the reasons why I turned out all right is because I had my dad.
I am depressed sure but that is nobody’s fault.
He was the firm foundation I could rest on and get good advice and lessons from.
Old 03-09-2009, 12:41 PM   #15
Opteron_Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by a morbid curiosity
Opteron Man, relax, Gothicus' statement was supposed to be tongue-in-cheek.

Besides, just take this as a lesson--in future, don't invite all your family round at once.
Oh I know, but I want to make it perfectly clear that I am not from that stupid fucktard Freddy. Steve and Lori are my parents.
Lori and Fred are my brother and sister's parents. Unfortunatly.
Old 03-09-2009, 12:44 PM   #16
Opteron_Man

Quote:
Opteron: There's something I don't understand. Family or not, why would you invite people to stay at your place if you don't enjoy their company? It's not Christmas or Turkey Day, which are the only conceivable reasons why one should put up with relatives one can't stand.

Even then, there are exceptions, depending on how detestible the family member(s) is.
I love them, I like being around them. They can be okay sometimes. But there are many things that they do that are frustrating and out of line and grossly incompitent.
I don't know. I know it sounds screwy.
Old 03-09-2009, 01:01 PM   #17
Tam Li Hua

Opteron: Heh. I understand, really I do, but perhaps it's better for you to invite them over a couple at a time rather than all at once, or to make your visits with them relatively short.
Old 03-09-2009, 06:25 PM   #18
$haDe

Quote:
But I AM thankfull that my mother carried me. More then I can say. I give her a hug often and thank her for
carrying me.
Well, for good reasons!!

Just remember that when you feel annoying.

/me rolls~ rolls~ rolls~
Old 03-09-2009, 10:44 PM   #19
Opteron_Man

Quote:
Opteron: Heh. I understand, really I do, but perhaps it's better for you to invite them over a couple at a time rather than all at once, or to make your visits with them relatively short.
Yeah, that sounds like a good idea. I did take my little sister aside away from the LOUD living room. I sat her at the kitchen table and I layed out some paper and crayons. She calmed down and everything was cool.
She drew me a picture and we tacked it up on the corkboard together.

See, I think the reason why Shannon misbehaves and does all the things my mom says she does is mostly because she is not given things to do!
When I gave her some stuff to draw with and a quiet place to draw away from all the noise and crazyness, she was okay.
When she gets home from school she has the TV and not much else.
My Mom seems to think that kids should be perfect little robots that go "yes sir no sir, can I do the dishes tonight Ma'm?" kind of shit like something from Leave it to Beaver. She expects her kids to do that but she doesn't teach them how to behave.

She expects Shannon to be calm and quiet, Mom doesn't understand that all that energy needs to go somewhere, so I try to tell my mother, "do something with her then, stupid! Go take her for a walk to a park, pull out a board game, read a book with her, make cookies" something! Do something to spend that excess energy! No wonder Shannon bounces off the walls and missbehaves, she is loaded but has nothing to do! No, she just tells her "go sit down!" . I just want to kick her in the ass sometimes.
Stupid bitch.

It is difficult for me to watch them "parrent" these kids, because they are doing an enourmous amount of harm.

It is no wonder why Nick who is 12 is allways gone when he comes home from, school.

Sorry, I can go on and on. But the point is, these are shoddy parents, and I can't do a fucking thing to help my brother and sister.
I am in agony. I am their big brother and I can't help.
What can I say?

It is crazy, I have a hard time explaining it.
Old 03-10-2009, 01:24 AM   #20
Mir

Your situation does not warrant the statement that, "I can't do a fucking thing to help my brother and sister.".
Mir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 04:27 AM   #21
gothicusmaximus

Quote:
I showed them a stack of DVDs to choose from; they were indifferent and said “oh just stick in Downfall”. So I did. My mistake I suppose.
Get it right Gothicus; I am NOT “their” son. I am my dad's son, and my mother's son.
I certainly did not come from that moron uncle of mine in any way shape or form.
If you could understand English grammar, you would never have thought me to be implying that.
gothicusmaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 08:32 AM   #22
Tam Li Hua

Opteron: You could invite just the kids over once in a while, or take them out now and again. That would be something good you could do. Then you could be "Cool Uncle Opteron", or something. XD
Old 03-10-2009, 01:22 PM   #23
Opteron_Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by gothicusmaximus
If you could understand English grammar, you would never have thought me to be implying that.
Sorry, you are right Gothicus. I jumped at you. I was still fired up about that night. I like to think that I understand allot of the art of speaking, but I can't deny that you have a far better grasp on it then I do. Infact, you speak better then many people here. I think so anyway. I just never learned the how to speak so articulate like you do, I never needed it, that's why.
Old 03-10-2009, 01:32 PM   #24
Opteron_Man

Quote:
Opteron: You could invite just the kids over once in a while, or take them out now and again. That would be something good you could do. Then you could be "Cool Uncle Opteron", or something. XD
That sounds fine. I just try to be a good brother to them.
It takes very little effert and it makes me wonder if their mom and dad even try at all.

I get the impression that my brother and sister don't like their parents very much. But they are young, maybe I am imagining it.

Their two parents have pumped them full of bullshit for so long, I try to be nice and kind to them. I call them up once and a while and ask them how school went, what thier doing. Little things like that that really matter to them.

I try to make a difference. I just want to clunk their heads together like Moe did with Larry and Curly. The same stuff my mom is doing is the same shit she did with me when I was Shannon's age.
Old 03-11-2009, 11:34 AM   #25
Mealla

I second that you should spend less time with the mom and uncle, and more time with your little brother and sister. I was too little at the time, but my uncle used to take all my cousins out to do fun things all the time until he died. If you don't like your uncle, there is little to no reason why you should have to have him over.

I think a lot of people have at least some issue with their families, however. I know one guy whose dad lives with him (he works, pays all the bills, etc., his dad just sits there and will occasionally cook or do the dishes) and they hardly get along at all.

While I can't say I downright hate anyone in my family, my mother and I don't get along very well because we have such different personalities and points of view, and I feel a bit of a disconnect at family gatherings since I have little in common with my family (especially my dad's side). They often don't understand my interests or sense of humor and I don't like sitting around hearing them talk about religion, hunting, wrestling, etc.

I commend you on at least trying to make an effort in spite of not liking your uncle. Another suggestion for your sister...have you tried talking to your mom about getting her involved in some kind of after-school activity?

If they have the money but she doesn't want to spend the time, there are lots of after-school or community children's activities. Depending on what she's interested in, there are art classes, children's drama programs, music lessons of different types, gymnastics, archery, dancing, etc. Try to talk your mom into getting her involved in something like that. At least that way, it'll help her develop social skills and give her something to do to expend that energy with minimal commitment from your mom, aside from driving her to whatever it is.
Mealla is offline   Reply With Quote