Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 01-10-2010, 09:02 PM   #76
Naked Lunch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still Jack View Post
Because some people like them.

And in conjunction to Sweet Janes post: A mate of mine uses to work at Mc donalds, and he started rolling his own with thick king size papers to get longer breaks.
Ha ha ha ha.
Naked Lunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 07:02 PM   #77
Pineapple_Juice

Quote:
Originally Posted by KissMeDeadly View Post
I assume you aren't a smoker.
I assume you aren't very observant, then.
Old 01-11-2010, 07:37 PM   #78
Solumina

Quote:
1. It was a pretty bad downpour

2. The shack doesn't even have a door, and there are so many holes it barely kept the merchandise dry.

3. His only problem with it is that he hates the smell and doesn't want to inhale second hand smoke. Why couldn't *he* have stood outside? Honestly I worked in that shack almost every day for the time I was working there, I also regularly ate lunch there. Him also being the 'new guy' at the dock, I was a bit pissed that this random guy just comes into my shack, where I've been eating and smoking in all summer, and tries to make *me* stand outside in the rain. He could have stood outside, he could have went inside to the office, there were lots of places he could have gone. Why is it me who has to suffer for bitch boy?
Do you have any idea how much of a whiny little bitch you sound like?

Seriously you have a habit that you know many people find off putting, man the fuck up and deal with the cravings or find some way to smoke away from people.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 08:19 PM   #79
Angelic Dissonance

Smoking doesn't smell bad. That's as retarded as thinking orange peels smell bad. I'm not in the habit. I just like to do it. When I get really pissed it feels nice. And, we're all dying right now, the gvt. is only bullshitting you with health programs because fat guys make bad soldiers, and WHY IN GOD'S NAME WOULD YOU WANT TO LIVE LONGER IN THIS FUCKING LIFE?!?!?!?!
Anyway, anyone who has a problem with it--has a problem. Don't be MY problem--just don't. And I like the taste--esp. full flavor, and cloves are like a fucking dream.
Angelic Dissonance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 02:27 PM   #80
KissMeDeadly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solumina View Post
Do you have any idea how much of a whiny little bitch you sound like?

Seriously you have a habit that you know many people find off putting, man the fuck up and deal with the cravings or find some way to smoke away from people.

Why don't you man the fuck up and deal with a bad smell for ten minutes? Will it really hurt you that badly? If I'm in your house, your car, or your place of work, and you ask me not to smoke, I'll respect that, but if you come into my space I'm going to smoke and you're going to have to deal with it.
KissMeDeadly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 10:14 PM   #81
Solumina

Actually I'm allergic to one of the common additives which leads to rather intense migraines so yeah you smoking is causing me more pain that not smoking would cause you, but we aren't talking about me, your the one bitching about other people not accepting your bad habit. By your logic it should be perfectly acceptable for people to crap everywhere, after all holding it in can cause plenty of discomfort and sometimes it is inconvenient to find a place that wouldn't bother people.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 12:30 AM   #82
Saya

Quote:
Why don't you man the fuck up and deal with a bad smell for ten minutes? Will it really hurt you that badly? If I'm in your house, your car, or your place of work, and you ask me not to smoke, I'll respect that, but if you come into my space I'm going to smoke and you're going to have to deal with it.
It was his place of work too, dumbass, just because you worked there longer didn't make the building yours to mark your territory with your stink. And yeah, smoking is more than a smell, its actually, you know, a smoke that irritates everyone's lungs to varying degrees.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 12:41 AM   #83
KissMeDeadly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solumina View Post
Actually I'm allergic to one of the common additives which leads to rather intense migraines so yeah you smoking is causing me more pain that not smoking would cause you, but we aren't talking about me, your the one bitching about other people not accepting your bad habit. By your logic it should be perfectly acceptable for people to crap everywhere, after all holding it in can cause plenty of discomfort and sometimes it is inconvenient to find a place that wouldn't bother people.
Sure, but only is my crap floated into the air and is whisked away into nothing in a few seconds.

Also, it's not like I'm going to smoke around you if you have a better reason than "I don't like it", if the guy said he was allergic it would have been different.
Old 01-13-2010, 12:44 AM   #84
KissMeDeadly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saya View Post
It was his place of work too, dumbass, just because you worked there longer didn't make the building yours to mark your territory with your stink. And yeah, smoking is more than a smell, its actually, you know, a smoke that irritates everyone's lungs to varying degrees.
Standing next to somebody smoking isn't going to irritate your lungs unless you inhale it directly. So next time you see somebody smoking, don't walk up in front of them, and take a big inhale as soon as they exhale, and you should be fine.

I mean, shit, I inhale the stuff directly and I still don't have cancer or anything. Not saying I won't get it, but you really don't have anything to worry about.

And I understand that it was also his job, but like I said there are plenty of places he could have went, the only places I had to smoke in were the rain or the shack. He had the office, or the general warehouse, or any of the restaurants and businesses just across the highway, which are all smoke free.
Old 01-13-2010, 12:52 AM   #85
Saya

Quote:
Standing next to somebody smoking isn't going to irritate your lungs unless you inhale it directly. So next time you see somebody smoking, don't walk up in front of them, and take a big inhale as soon as they exhale, and you should be fine.
No, it stays in the air for quite some time and you can inhale it, you know, smoke is made of matter and doesn't just disappear as soon as you exhale. I can't be around any place that has been smoked in the last hour without getting teary eyed.

Quote:
I mean, shit, I inhale the stuff directly and I still don't have cancer or anything. Not saying I won't get it, but you really don't have anything to worry about.
You're anecdotal information not withstanding, you're not a doctor and can't speak for how smoke affects each and every person and you have no right to say "well it won't kill you" before stinking up the workplace.

Quote:
And I understand that it was also his job, but like I said there are plenty of places he could have went, the only places I had to smoke in were the rain or the shack. He had the office, or the general warehouse, or any of the restaurants and businesses just across the highway, which are all smoke free.
Its smoke free for a reason, and the shack should have been smoke free by all means anyway. He doesn't have to leave because you're a whiner who can't control an addiction for a few hours.
Old 01-13-2010, 01:18 AM   #86
KissMeDeadly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saya View Post
No, it stays in the air for quite some time and you can inhale it, you know, smoke is made of matter and doesn't just disappear as soon as you exhale. I can't be around any place that has been smoked in the last hour without getting teary eyed.

You're anecdotal information not withstanding, you're not a doctor and can't speak for how smoke affects each and every person and you have no right to say "well it won't kill you" before stinking up the workplace.

Its smoke free for a reason, and the shack should have been smoke free by all means anyway. He doesn't have to leave because you're a whiner who can't control an addiction for a few hours.

Ok, ok, you guys win.

Smoking a cigarette is indeed the same thing as taking massive cancer inducing dump on the Christmas roast.
Old 01-13-2010, 01:33 PM   #87
Necrophagist

Angelic Dissofaggot, gtfo my thread or I hunt you down and kill you you fucking fuckface. Slipknawt 4 lyf ppl = shyte

I am the Antiproduct!

There is, they say, no fool like an old fool - Golding.

" All the war-propaganda, all the screaming and lies and hatred, comes invariably from people who are not fighting." - Orwell.
Necrophagist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 08:12 PM   #88
Catch

I think this is probably the most pages in a given thread actually discussing the topic. Kind of odd, but in a cool way. I guess threads that don't list a point about anything have won, but only by default.
Old 01-13-2010, 08:31 PM   #89
Mir

I smoke pretty heavily and I still think cigarettes are vile.
Mir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 09:49 AM   #90
Necrophagist

Catch you are a psychopath. Now gtfo of my thread.

I am the Antiproduct!

There is, they say, no fool like an old fool - Golding.

" All the war-propaganda, all the screaming and lies and hatred, comes invariably from people who are not fighting." - Orwell.
Necrophagist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 03:19 PM   #91
Catch

Well I actually smoke a little over half a pack a day and currently have no desire to quit ever.
Old 01-14-2010, 03:59 PM   #92
ape descendant

I miss flavored cigarettes. Mmmm cherry dreams... nom nom nom.
ape descendant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 05:42 PM   #93
Angelic Dissonance

I'm still here. That must suck.
Old 01-14-2010, 05:55 PM   #94
Angelic Dissonance

Oh, wait--I forgot to say "Fuck you." And people who openly promote Slipknot on a Goth forum are Mallcore.

The Nameless, BTW.
Old 01-14-2010, 08:31 PM   #95
Mir

You`re an idiot.
Mir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 03:24 PM   #96
Ben Lahnger

I used to smoke, quit for five years, started up again and finally quit for good. I had a bad scare in hospital a few years back when I had Pneumonia with complications. Before I got admitted I had a couple of days where I had a great deal of difficulty breathing. I have since had to manage a bit of asthma, so I don't take breathing for granted. It's not something you think about much unless you have a problem.

I have my SO smoke outdoors and ask her to not smoke around me. Sometimes when we drive in a car she still wants to argue, saying things like it should be okay if she cracks the window. She is so addicted that she refuses to see the affect the second-hand smoke has on others. But every time I am in that car and she starts smoking, I can feel the asthma flair up. So now I almost always take my car, where no one can smoke.

This is entirely apocryphal, but she's been addicted to smoking for a long time. She had four children and could not quit so she smoked around all of them as they were growing up. They were inundated with second-hand smoke their entire adolescent lives, and I believe this pre-disposed them to become smokers. All four are cigarette smokers now, and so far none of them seem to be able to quit.

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 06:49 PM   #97
Noumi

Is this the right moment to say I've never smoked in my life?
:3

ピラール
Noumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 09:26 PM   #98
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Lahnger View Post
I used to smoke, quit for five years, started up again and finally quit for good. I had a bad scare in hospital a few years back when I had Pneumonia with complications. Before I got admitted I had a couple of days where I had a great deal of difficulty breathing. I have since had to manage a bit of asthma, so I don't take breathing for granted. It's not something you think about much unless you have a problem.

I have my SO smoke outdoors and ask her to not smoke around me. Sometimes when we drive in a car she still wants to argue, saying things like it should be okay if she cracks the window. She is so addicted that she refuses to see the affect the second-hand smoke has on others. But every time I am in that car and she starts smoking, I can feel the asthma flair up. So now I almost always take my car, where no one can smoke.

This is entirely apocryphal, but she's been addicted to smoking for a long time. She had four children and could not quit so she smoked around all of them as they were growing up. They were inundated with second-hand smoke their entire adolescent lives, and I believe this pre-disposed them to become smokers. All four are cigarette smokers now, and so far none of them seem to be able to quit.
I get that. My grandfather was 86 I think when he died, he smoked since he was thirteen years old. We don't know if he had cancer since he was waiting for biopsy results before he died, but he had pneumonia a lot, had emphysema for as long as I can remember, and after a lot of close calls and weeks on life support he still wouldn't give up smoking. His doctor at one point wanted to put him on oxygen but of course that means give up smoking or kaboom, and he couldn't promise not to smoke. The last year of his life mom and her brothers and sisters made him solemnly swear to give it up, and he said he did. But after he died and we started cleaning up his house, we found a secret stash of tobacco.
Old 01-15-2010, 11:55 PM   #99
skoteinh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mir View Post
I smoke pretty heavily and I still think cigarettes are vile.
That.

mssgtshort
Old 01-16-2010, 03:41 AM   #100
Still Jack

I've decided I'll give up smoking when I find a valid reason to. I.e. If I ever have a kid or something similar.