Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 06-26-2012, 09:03 AM   #1
Lonewolf the grey

Hello

Hello to everyone, I am Lonewolf the Grey. I am not what most people expect. I have three college degrees, have owned my own businesses and I am a bit older. I am here because I am a dark soul in a small southern city. This appeals to me. So in short I am here to learn. Sort of find myself if you will. I will tell you I am a no bull shit kind of guy. I am honest so I expect honesty, trust me I am a big boy I can take it. So I thank you and lets start the show.
Lonewolf the grey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 02:12 PM   #2
The Passage

-Starts pumping the history of goth into your brain via telepathy... then totally straps you to an old, dusty dentist's chair, peels back your eyelids with little mechanical arms, and forces to listen to Children on Stun for a week straight without food or water-

-she then offers you a rare Sexbeat EP, with live recordings to boot, as a congratulatory prize for a job well done!-

Oh and hi.

The Passage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 02:25 PM   #3
Lonewolf the grey

Sounds like my X wife. Cool. thanks.
Old 06-26-2012, 02:34 PM   #4
The Passage

Oh, was she a dominatrix too? XD

Old 06-26-2012, 02:54 PM   #5
Lonewolf the grey

No just a bitch
Old 06-26-2012, 03:26 PM   #6
The Passage

Oh, I get it. You're inadvertently calling me a bitch. Well, it's not the worst thing I've been called! Sorry about your taste in bitchy women, by the way.

Old 06-26-2012, 03:30 PM   #7
Lonewolf the grey

You got it all wrong, thats why I hooked up with her in the first place, which means you and I will get along just fine. That is if you don't kill me first.
Old 06-26-2012, 03:57 PM   #8
The Passage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolf the grey View Post
You got it all wrong, thats why I hooked up with her in the first place, which means you and I will get along just fine. That is if you don't kill me first.
Oh, okay... -stabs you in the gut with a pencil- too late!!
Old 06-26-2012, 04:00 PM   #9
Lonewolf the grey

If you say so
Old 06-26-2012, 04:01 PM   #10
The Passage

That was a text emote, so you're not really dead even though I said I killed you. Pretty cool, huh!?
Old 06-26-2012, 04:03 PM   #11
Lonewolf the grey

yep, sure is
Old 06-26-2012, 04:04 PM   #12
Lonewolf the grey

Is this standard for all nub's
Old 06-26-2012, 04:07 PM   #13
The Passage

No. I'm just bored and acting like a doofus.
Old 06-26-2012, 04:23 PM   #14
Lonewolf the grey

ok, cool. Glad to meet you.
Old 06-26-2012, 08:39 PM   #15
The Passage

Likewise, Sir deGrey.
Old 06-26-2012, 08:46 PM   #16
Lonewolf the grey

Well, Passage, what do you do for fun around this place?
Old 06-26-2012, 09:15 PM   #17
The Passage

Well, Lonewolf, not much I guess. I mostly just post here when I'm really bored and have absolutely no friends to talk to, which is why I've been more active the past couple of days. I'm not really in the Gothic.net "clique" lol, I'm more of just a lurker. Sometimes I come here for new ideas and fashion tips, etc. Or music. That's. About. It.

Old 06-28-2012, 10:09 AM   #18
Lonewolf the grey

Interesting, you consider yourself an outsider, among outsiders. That's cool. I see your from San Francisco, should be plenty of folks out there that are "outsiders" Here in the south they just call us weird.
Old 06-28-2012, 11:38 AM   #19
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
Oh bother, the "outsider of outsiders" cliche. There's no such thing really, because if you have outsiders outside of outsiders then you have outsiders outside of the outside outsiders. In the end it results in a circle fuck that looks like this

outsider 1> outsider 2> outsider 3> outsider 4> outsider 1>

The end result? everyone is inside the circle.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 11:46 AM   #20
Lonewolf the grey

Interesting view point, like the reference. But have you considered the folks that do not share your view point. Like those that do not fit anywhere. Or are they just mis-informed and need your wisdom? Maybe they are like a unicorn and do not exists?
Old 06-28-2012, 12:54 PM   #21
Renatus

Quote:
Interesting view point, like the reference. But have you considered the folks that do not share your view point. Like those that do not fit anywhere. Or are they just mis-informed and need your wisdom? Maybe they are like a unicorn and do not exists?
A lot of outsiders are actually insiders if you really think about it. The outskirts of a city for example are still inside the city. There can only be one outside. Nothing wrong with being insiders really, goths are insiders of the goth subculture for example. Though I suppose one could argue social ins and outs follow a tesseract sort of dimensional structure rather than a simple 2d or 3d model, good luck trying to wrap your head around a tesseract(tip: bring lots of aspirin before you do).

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Old 06-28-2012, 12:58 PM   #22
Lonewolf the grey

Well at least you can defend your viewpoint. That's better than most. My hat is off to you sir. Glad to speak with you.
Old 06-28-2012, 01:26 PM   #23
Renatus

Quote:
Well at least you can defend your viewpoint. That's better than most. My hat is off to you sir. Glad to speak with you.
Care for a cup of tea?

Old 06-28-2012, 01:27 PM   #24
Lonewolf the grey

Love one. Thank you
Old 06-28-2012, 06:49 PM   #25
The Passage

LOL! I don't know if I even qualify as goth, really, I'm more of an outsider among outsiders if you put it that way. You know... I don't travel in big troupes of goths who migrate from one goth show to the next. I'm more of a hermit who hates people in general. I guess that qualifies me as anti-social more than anything else? Most of my friends are in the same LGBT group that I'm in and it's really only a coincidence if they're goth.

Regardless, I can't exactly speak for myself. You know, my interest in goth first sparked about 4 years ago, then faded, then slightly came back, then faded again... after I discovered myself, which actually wasn't that long ago, it came back pretty intensely. So, really, I'm no more than a baby bat! I'm still learning. That said, I'm definitely not someone to make claims as to what goth is and what goth isn't.

HOWEVER, I do know people who identify themselves as goth but spend most of their time, sitting in the park, alone, writing and listening to music -- and are equally as anti-social as I am, if not more so. SO, I don't know whether or not that qualifies as goth according to classic pioneers and modern cheerleaders of the goth movement BUT, I'd say I resemble those people more than anything else.

In the end, labels don't matter. But I do know that there are certain requirements to be "goth", many of which I do not apply to or have no interest in applying to, and that essentially forms a label on it's own.
According to Renatus, though, it's apparently redundant in the end.

Anyway... so, ya, I don't know... I'll just continue to live the way I want, listen to the music that I listen to (which spans from goth to oldschool rap), and wear the shit that I want to wear. If someone tags the goth label on me in the process of all that? Then I'll just accept it collateral damage, or an extra piece of candy in the bag, and move on.