Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 04-24-2006, 10:47 AM   #401
succubus,queenofvampires

Thanks, Wise Child!

Cartman(South Park): It's a man's obligation to stick his boneration in a woman's separation; this sort of penetration will
increase the population of the younger generation.
succubus,queenofvampires is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 03:08 AM   #402
Morrigan_Dubh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icarian Decoding
If I can get a free pizza from Pizza Hut, I can convince my parents I can get a tattoo.

Now, you mentioned the American vrs. Japanese tattoos. Which are better looking, in your opinion? Pain isn't something that matters for me, it's more of how good it looks, and then the pain.
I love Japanese tattoos - they are usually much artier and much more hard-core than cheesey "I LOVE JOLENE" heart tattoos and the like.

Japanese tats generally cover large areas of the body, and consist of Ukiyo-e style traditional themes such as samurai, kabuki actors, and Koi carp, like this:

http://illegaleconomy.com/gangs/yaku...g_in_japan.php
(there are male buttocks visible in this photo - don't click on the link if this would offend you!)

They are usually only worn by gansters, though, and as a result if you have a tattoo you can be banned from public baths over there if you can't cover it up.

There's a reasonably informative wiki article about Japanese tattoos (Irezumi).
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irezumi
And this website has lots of infomration and pictures (includes a little nakedness):
http://www.irezumi.us/eg/index.html
Old 04-25-2006, 06:58 AM   #403
bjork_freak

The tora tattoo is amazing.

http://www.irezumi.us/eg/img/image151.jpg

If I ever got a tattoo, it would be a bear or cat claw on my wrist, just above the back of my hand. It seems a little old by now, since I'm seeing a lot of people with claws on their breasts, but it's still a plan.

I also want a labret piercing, but I'm going to have to wait until I'm 18 before I get all of this done.

What's your opinion on this:

http://www.bmezine.com/pierce/05-lip...mepb257458.jpg

Pretty disgusting in my opinion.
bjork_freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 07:33 AM   #404
Morrigan_Dubh

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjork_freak

I dunno... I think it's kind of cool. But I like the whole cyborg-y, cybergoth thing. I like the idea of machine fused with man. But it would probably be better if the metal wasn't so bright and polished. Darker metal would be better.
Old 04-25-2006, 11:25 AM   #405
Blushing Heliophobe

Anything you find in EBM is going to be risque...it's called Extreme Body Modification for a reason.
Blushing Heliophobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 01:16 AM   #407
Blushing Heliophobe

I highly recommend getting your wrists done in the spring/summer. I did mine in winter and you wouldn't believe how sore the delicate skin gets from the slightest touch - sleeves are very painful.
Old 04-26-2006, 06:21 AM   #408
bjork_freak

Can you remind me in three years? Because I'll forget.
Old 04-26-2006, 06:32 AM   #409
Blushing Heliophobe

Well, you'll remember again once you're finished =^^=
Old 04-26-2006, 06:51 AM   #410
chelseagirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjork_freak
The tora tattoo is amazing.

http://www.irezumi.us/eg/img/image151.jpg

I think it looks pretty cool, but I would imagine it would really get in the way of kissing (on the lips AND other kinds of "kissing"). I love the look of lip piercings, but they are sometimes very impractical.

I am definately a tattoo addict. I have 2 full sleeves (one arm is an underwater ocean scene that goes into an outerspace scene up at my shoulder, and one arm is a jungle scene with flowers, insects, reptiles, etc.), a chest piece (bats done in sailor swallow style, and spiderwebs), a vampire bat on my lower back, and spiderweb on my neck. My next tattoo will hopefully be my backpiece, which I'm still trying to decide between a gargoyle on a field of skulls and bones, or an octypus. *sigh* decisions, decisions.... I also have plans for some egyption work.
chelseagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 07:32 AM   #411
Cicero

ChealseaGirl - Pictures please! Your tattoos sound amazing. And Egyptian work is my favourite type of work by far. I've drawn up hundreds of tattoo plans for myself, but can never settle on anything.
Except, perhaps, for this

It's the Egyptian scarab and the serpent eating its own tail (ouroboros), both representative of eternal return and the circle of life. Plus it reminds me of Red Dwarf's "Ouroboros" episode, teehee. Now I just need to figure out where the hell on my body to place it.

I'd also like to get Anubis in his full jackal form somewhere. And the winged sun disc would be nice, too.
Cicero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 07:54 AM   #412
Blushing Heliophobe

Yes, pictures would be awesome.

We could even possibly have a 'tattoo picture' thread, since they get posted in all different threads...

in any case, please post!
Old 04-26-2006, 08:14 AM   #413
chelseagirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicero
ChealseaGirl - Pictures please! Your tattoos sound amazing. And Egyptian work is my favourite type of work by far. I've drawn up hundreds of tattoo plans for myself, but can never settle on anything.
Except, perhaps, for this

It's the Egyptian scarab and the serpent eating its own tail (ouroboros), both representative of eternal return and the circle of life. Plus it reminds me of Red Dwarf's "Ouroboros" episode, teehee. Now I just need to figure out where the hell on my body to place it.

I'd also like to get Anubis in his full jackal form somewhere. And the winged sun disc would be nice, too.

Awesome, I like that scarab! I'm wanting a winged Isis, but I want it to be different than the normal depiction you see, I just don't know how. I also want a full jackal Anubis, and an Udjat (I know it's kind of played out, but I still want it).
Old 04-26-2006, 08:20 AM   #414
chelseagirl

This is the only electronic pic I have that you can actually see the tattoo well. I'll have to upload more, and I'll post another. This one is taken out of my tattoo artists portfolio. I'm hoping it comes out large enough.

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h6...ney/tattoo.jpg
Old 04-26-2006, 09:22 PM   #415
bjork_freak

Amazing! When you get the time, could you perhaps make that picture larger?
Old 04-26-2006, 11:32 PM   #416
Blushing Heliophobe

I second that - it seems to be great work but I'd love the chance to see it clearly.
Old 04-28-2006, 11:52 PM   #417
Cicero

It looks beautiful, even at that size. Definitely post a larger picture, though, I'm quite intrigued now! It looks extremely well done.
Cicero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 01:47 AM   #418
UltraNEO*

Labrets again...

Hi people... it's been such a long time since I last posted here... Feels like a noob once more. (Kinda being very busy, thought if you wanna know, see footer.)

Well i finally done it (refer), had my labrets done. After some research I finally found a friendly body piercing place in Manchester called Holier Than Thou, initially I had two done. Far left and far right, with student discount I ended up paying £40 for goth! Um.. Both. But i like it so much a few weeks later I returned to have a third.

Picture: http://www.flickr.com/photo_zoom.gne...8077755&size=o
Please excuse the mess..

But now i got a little problem, with the central part of my lower lip swollen and still a little sore drinking something seems to be a problem. I've suddenly become an adult dribbler, or so to speak... Beside cleansing regularly (three times daily) with medium seasalt-water solution and sucking on ice cubes for the rest, does anyone know how to keep the swelling down? Because sucking on ice in the middle of class makes so much mess.

"Listen when your hurting someone, don't think of the pain he feels, only concentrate on the pleasure of causing him pain. That's the only way to show true compassion for your partner." - taken from Korosiya Ichi
UltraNEO* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 11:40 AM   #419
shelldoo

I have several of each, tattoos, and piercings.
I have a dragon at the base of my spine:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v20/shelldoo/tat.jpg

I have wings & a twist down my spine:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...doo/tat004.jpg

I have a fish on my upper thigh and a heart on my boob (no pics of those)

I am planning a sugar skull on my neck, a phoenix to cover the heart on my boob, a spider web to cover some scars on my arm from surgeries last year, chinese symbols for woman, wife, mother, friend on the inside of my wrists, and a vine w/ each of my kid's birth flowers along my ribcage.

Piercings: I have a tragus, industrial helix, eyebrow, nostril, labret, navel, and verticals in both nipples. I plan on getting crossbars on the nipples, horizinal eyebrow, web, and possibly hood and tongue.
shelldoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 03:50 PM   #420
Underwater Ophelia

I love piercings and tattoos. Unfortunately, I don't have many of either, because of money, but this is what I have:
Between my shoulderblades, in cursive:
My candle burns at both ends;
It will not last the night;
But ah, my foes, and oh, my friends---
It gives a lovely light!

It's "First Fig" by Edna St. Vincent Millay.

As for piercings, I had a nose ring that I took out because I didn't like it anymore, I have three in each ear, one on each that is gauged to half inch, and I have an inverse navel.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 07:10 PM   #421
MollyMac

This is my back piece that I am going to re-do soon:

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c1...100_1016-1.jpg

and my belly tat:

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c1...a/100_0968.jpg
Old 03-18-2007, 04:58 PM   #422
Lucretia_my_Reflection

i have my lip done and too many in my ears
Lucretia_my_Reflection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 01:40 AM   #423
Heatherzilla

I'm going to get my nose pierced when I have money and I want to get a vert labret but I seriously doubt my mum would let me. sigh. Being 15 really sucks sometimes.
Heatherzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 01:02 PM   #424
sekhmet

So far I only have 1 tattoo, it's the hourcast driller on the inside of my forearm.
Pretty soon I will be getting my second, a tolting icelandic horse on my leg about 3 inches above my ankle. I also want to get an ankh on my arm and a pentagram at the base of my neck.

As far as piercings go I've not had the best of luck with them. I got my ears pierced twice and no matter how clean I kept them I still managed to get infections, the second time it was really bad almost gangrenous. Also I have an extreme metal sensitivity so cheep earrings = nasty rash. Even some that claimed to be hypo allergenic still gave me a rash!

Julie.
sekhmet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 01:24 PM   #425
c130

Did you get them gunned or needled?