Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 12-26-2023, 05:39 AM   #1
undeadredhead

Call me Red

Hey there! I'm Red. From Australia, old enough to remember when using your real name on the internet was a sin. I guess I'm a part of the wave of people who have gotten sick of social media swallowing the internet and have found that a few old forums are thankfully still kicking.

My taste in music varies from cultured to embarrassing, but I like a lot of the classics, industrial stuff, I was really into the whole Dark Cabaret scene in the 2000s and 2010s. These days I like a lot of experimental stuff that mixes genres, as well as stuff like hyperpop and harsh noise and anything with clever lyrics. I also have a soft spot for mopey country music with swamp folk and southern gothic flavours.

I'm looking forward to having a nice place on the internet to hang out!
undeadredhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2023, 06:14 AM   #2
undeadredhead

Okay wait wait, I'm doing the questionaire:

1. What do you do? (Hobbies, job)
Full time disabled mutant, but I'm also studying art and I like to paint and draw, especially oil painting. I also sing and I'm teaching myself guitar.

2. Where are you from?
I was born in a tiny town called Toowoomba, which is coincidentaly the most haunted place in Australia!

3. Who is your favorite author?
Poppy Z. Brite, hands down.

4. What are your favorite films?
I forget every movie I've ever watched when this question comes up. Uhhh. Antiviral and Van Helsing.

5. What music do you want played at your wedding?
I don't intend to ever get married, but I could be swayed into some kind of trophy husband situation if the price was right.

6. At your funeral?
Pharmakon's Beastial Burden album in its entirety.

7. This IS a gothic website, so... how do you want to die?
In order of preference: 1) Stabbed by a lover, 2) The sudden impact of a horrendous car crash, 3) death by chandelier a la Phantom of the Opera.

8. What kind of casket would you want?
Something sleek in a dark, not-quite-black wood, with red velvet lining.

9. What's your FAVORITE outfit?
I'll let you know when I've finished Marie Kondo-ing my floordrobe.

10. What's one thing you miss about being a little kid?
The insane levels of optimism I had about the future.

11. What's your favorite band?
Alice Cooper, or Angelspit. Do solo artists count as a band?

12. What kind of education do you have? What is/was/will be your major?
Triple high school drop out, burned out gifted kid shit. Also dropped out of Uni so I have 95% of a film degree. Currently taking a high school level visual art course.

13. Why did you join?
I miss when the internet was fun.

14. If the first 13 questions didn't give it away. What is your gender?
That's a great question, I'll let you know when I figure it out.
undeadredhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2024, 07:33 AM   #3
Molster

hey sweetie, welcome to the silent madhouse; if you're still here. Sadly this place is like a morgue most of the time!

Love the movie Van Helsing and Alice Cooper is excellent; sure solo artists count!
I feel your pain regarding social media and the internet. I used to belong to an awesome Forum; The Old Curiosity Shop, but that folded a few years back and now there seems to be nothing like it around.
Molster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2024, 08:43 PM   #4
CeteWak

What inspired you to join the forum, considering your nostalgia for the more enjoyable times on the internet?
CeteWak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2024, 10:43 PM   #5
blareblare2000

I enjoy listening to a lot of genre-bending experimental music these days, along with harsh noise, hyperpop, and anything with creative lyrics. home renovation near me
blareblare2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2024, 07:01 AM   #6
edwardterr

Regarding social media and the internet, I understand your anguish. | www.wellingtonretainingwall.co.nz
edwardterr is offline   Reply With Quote