Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 03-24-2006, 11:02 PM   #1
4mytribe

Should you fight for your drunk buddy?

I mean what if he or she is really asking for it and your out numbered. This is a question that has always haunted me. I've been in those situations and have allways sided with the drunk buddy and fortunately it never went bad but I allways thought man what if it did and I died or got permantly injured cuz my bud was a dumbass.

Just a question.
4mytribe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 11:34 PM   #2
Empty_Purple_Stars

The only ass whipping I ever got that was bar-related, was because of my intervention for a friend who had started the fight in the first place. I stepped in to even the odds when a second person went after her while she was busy with the first drunk heifer.

Two against One isn't a fair fight.

I don't regret it, and would do it again.

But I suppose the level of friendship, and the depth of the idiocy that started the fight in the first place, would play a part in how involved I became in the issue.

Last edited by Empty_Purple_Stars; 03-24-2006 at 11:46 PM.
Empty_Purple_Stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 11:41 PM   #3
Phayte

The only way I would get involved is to stop the fight. If everyone is drunk you can usually talk them out of a fight and into something else.
~William Shakespeare
Phayte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2006, 12:12 AM   #4
4mytribe

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empty_Purple_Stars
The only ass whipping I ever got that was bar-related, was because of my intervention for a friend who had started the fight in the first place. I stepped in to even the odds when a second person went after her while she was busy with the first drunk heifer.

Two against One isn't a fair fight.

I don't regret it, and would do it again.

But I suppose the level of friendship, and the depth of the idiocy that started the fight in the first place, would play a part in how involved I became in the issue.
Damn Your starting to really confuse me. Your making too much sense.

Yeah the levels would matter to me too.

I'll agree but I'll go pout while I'm at it.
4mytribe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2006, 02:19 AM   #5
TheKorovaMilkbar

Well, I had to do it once, and it could have been VERY messy. Someone just tried to start shit with Aaron, my best friend (who they apparently had a grudge with), when he was drunk and couldn't do anything. The guy also brought a 350 lb big ass muthafucka with him. James (Aaron's half-brother, also pretty big guy) grabbed a bat and I grabbed the machete, and we let them know there was no way they were doing anything, and we didn't have to say a word.

Glad I stuck up for him, but much gladder nothing happened. I wouldn't hesitate to protect my friends in a somewhat brutal fashion, but would much rather not have to, because of the consequences. I'm not the kind who likes hurting people, but I will not hesitate if friend or family are in danger. Besides, who wants to go to jail over a grudge?
Old 03-25-2006, 09:15 AM   #6
Oubliette

I broke up a fight at my brother's 21st b-day party. I was only 17, and it involved my brother. I had been sitting up against the wall in the corner by the keg eating ice out of the drum thing it was in. (yes ok bad idea in itself but I was drunk and had major cotton mouth) Knowing my brother's rage issues I jumped up almost falling back over with two fistfuls of ice and said in a very high pitched voice "Here! take some ice and JUST CHILL!" The other guy proceeded to calm down and say I should come with him and rub it all over his body. And my brother laughed at my outburst. They shook hands and it was over. Whew! This is iffy though I'd reccomend staying out of it unless you're fond of fighting.

"Can't we all just get a bong?"-Wolfie-
Oubliette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 10:25 PM   #7
emeraldlonewoulf

You defend your own. I have few real friends, but they are my blood. One on one, and they aren't getting killed, stand back until they need it. If they are out numbered or in mortal danger, diffuse the situation by whatever means necessary. If it gets ugly, show no mercy. You can't afford it.

question:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormtrooper of Death
(shouts) WHY CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG??!!?
answer:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beneath the Shadows
Because some people are dicks. And not everyone else is gay.
emeraldlonewoulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 08:35 AM   #8
CptSternn

I fight all the time. In fact, I caught a bunch of scumbags breaking into me neighbours flat last nite, so I went over to tell them to feck off.

Needless to say, there were more of them than there were of me. I got the first two out of the way, then the other twelves ran up the stairs and things got messy.

They kicked in our front door, and I used a butcher knife to get them back enough so I could close the door. Took a few good slaps in the meantime. Was forced to ring the gards to cmoe break it up as a half dozen were ramming our front door as we stood behind to brace it until the gards showed up and they scattered.

A few battle wounds...

http://www.sternn.com/stuff/April01-...s/DSCN0745.htm

My blood soaked shirt...

http://www.sternn.com/stuff/April01-...s/DSCN0747.htm

And cleaned up the next day...

http://www.sternn.com/stuff/April01-...s/DSCN0748.htm

Plus where our front door was broken off the frame and latch destroyed...

http://www.sternn.com/stuff/April01-...s/DSCN0749.htm

http://www.sternn.com/stuff/April01-...s/DSCN0750.htm

http://www.sternn.com/stuff/April01-...s/DSCN0751.htm

But hey, at least it was entertaining at half 4 in the morning!

Could have been worse. I got jumped by two other bouncers while working as a bouncer because I refused to let them in after closing a few weeks back.

http://www.sternn.com/stuff/December...s/DSCN0668.htm

http://www.sternn.com/stuff/December...s/DSCN0669.htm

As I said, could have been worse. I told the 999 operator (like 911) that we had twelve armed home invaders kicking in our door as we were behind it trying to keep it closed after the latch and frame busted. We also had knives and a hurley with nails in it, and I told them if the gards didn't get there in the next 5 minutes, they are going to have to ring the meat wagon and get some bodybags ready as this is going to get messy real fast.

In the end the gards ran 'em off, caught a few, but let them go. The case is now 'under investigation'.

But back to the topic, you always back up yer mates, neighbours, and friends. No matter what, and no matter if its ten of em with knives, bats, hatchets and hammers, ye have to stand up for you and yers. Period.

-S
CptSternn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 10:43 AM   #9
MrMaelstrom

It's not a matter of odds, you pussies. It's a matter of: does your buddy deserve a good arse-kicking?

Just intervene to make sure he doesn't pay more than his dues, NO MATTER HOW STRONG THE OTHERSIDE IS.

Otherwise, let some sense be pounded into him. It will save you a lot of future talk trying to talk sense to him.
Old 04-01-2006, 10:52 AM   #10
Niels

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMaelstrom
It's not a matter of odds, you pussies. It's a matter of: does your buddy deserve a good arse-kicking?

Just intervene to make sure he doesn't pay more than his dues, NO MATTER HOW STRONG THE OTHERSIDE IS.

Otherwise, let some sense be pounded into him. It will save you a lot of future talk trying to talk sense to him.
Very true. I one of my friends was drunk and would put up a fight over something stupid. I wouldn't care if he would have to fight 1 or 10000 guys... He'd deserve some slapping first before I would drag him away from the mayhem...
Old 04-01-2006, 10:56 AM   #11
WolfMoon

Very true, Mael.

Sternn, are you wearing red contacts in the first two pix? Cuz I always thought your eyes were blue, naturally.
WolfMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 10:59 AM   #12
WolfMoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niels
Very true. I one of my friends was drunk and would put up a fight over something stupid. I wouldn't care if he would have to fight 1 or 10000 guys... He'd deserve some slapping first before I would drag him away from the mayhem...
No, one on one wouldn't warrant steppin' in, unless your buddy's lookin' like they're goin' down. It would also depend on how big the other person was.

I once stepped between my sister and one of her boyfriends. He was over 6 feet, and almost 200lbs, but he refused to even take a swipe at me.

I agree with Emerald, you protect your own. Unless they need to be popped once.
Old 04-01-2006, 11:02 AM   #13
MrMaelstrom

Sternn, man, don't take this the wrong way, but there's just something hilarious about this pic of yours:

http://www.sternn.com/stuff/December...s/DSCN0669.htm
Old 04-01-2006, 11:07 AM   #14
Nike

Sternn, I'm really fond of this pic for some reason
Old 04-01-2006, 11:08 AM   #15
Ben Lahnger

When I was twenty two, I tended to hang out with guys that were prone to this.

These days, I rarely go to bars, let alone hang out with guys who act like fools when they are drunk.

Short answer: no ... let the dummy get the beating he deserves.

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 11:08 AM   #16
IlGato_DiDiablo

Oh my God! Mr.Maelstorm, I think I understand my point! And, Sternn, you're the man !
IlGato_DiDiablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 10:06 AM   #17
MrMaelstrom

Nice Avatar,
Benny Boy!!!!

Old 04-02-2006, 12:53 PM   #18
Ben Lahnger

I was gonna type LOL, but I want to make clear that I really am laughing out loud!

Well, Mael, I do what I can.

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 06:51 AM   #19
CptSternn

Wolf -

No my eyes change daily with me contacts

But in those pix they are red cuz of the busted blood vessels. They are REAL red now and the bruise is spread pretty much to all around the eye. New pix soon.

Mael - Hey, I was half pissed in that pic. That was after the doc stiched me up, gave me some pills, and I took the pills, met the lads at the pub after hours to share storeys of what happened earlier that night, so needless to say I was feeling no pain. Plus I had another bloody shirt to add to my already extensive collection. Ye can't get heavy blood stains out of white, so I just fold 'em up and p[ut them in a box in the closet. Me and some mates of mine of a competition - we show em off when the other lads come round.

-S
Old 04-03-2006, 11:47 AM   #20
ExistentialDisorder

This is funny.

For the most part, if a friend of mine is being harrassed unnecessarily, then I'd stand up for him/her. If they started it, however, it's their problem. I'm walking away.

I use to have a room mate - my ex-sister-in-law's brother - who was schizophrenic - however you spell that. He talked to walls, and air, would do wacked out shit all the time. Get into fights with the front door, or kitchen cabinet, etc. I can't tell you how many times he nearly caught the house on fire cause he was cooking something and then got into some argument with himself or nobody and wandered off. It was extremely hard to hold a conversation with him at times. He had medication for it, but pretty much it just put him to sleep. By the time he woke up the meds wore off mostly. Then he'd go days at a time and not take them.

Anyway, we would go out drinking on occasion. well, more often than not. but there were more than a few times he'd spaz out and people around him thought he was talking to them. I'd try to explain but people don't hear it. Luckily it never ammounted to much. I always told him if he got his ass kicked for it, it was on him. But i don't know if I would have actually done anything to help him out.

"What if everything around you
Isn't quite as it seems?
What if all the world you think you know
Is an elaborate dream?
And if you look at your reflection
Is it all you wanted to be?
What if you could look right through the cracks?
Would you find yourself [or]
Find yourself afraid to see?..." -NIN
ExistentialDisorder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 07:33 PM   #21
CptSternn

Nike -

Yeah, one problem driving in Ireland especially at night is all the damn sheep. Yes, sheep. Plus we have very few paved roads, mostly just country roads and a few one lane semi-paved roads throughout the country.

And there are forever sheep running out in front of the car when yer trying to get somewhere...

If it's not sheep, its cows, or hares, or something else. With no street lights either, makes driving fun - especially since even though they are one lane unpaved roads the speed limit is either 80-120kmh.

I'll take some pictures of some one lane dirt roads with a nice 120kbh sign right beside it. We have penty. Did I mention no one here even needed licenses until like 2 years ago?

Great place to drive around at night!

Old 04-06-2006, 03:24 AM   #22
darkmartin82

Quote:
Originally Posted by CptSternn
Nike -

Yeah, one problem driving in Ireland especially at night is all the damn sheep. Yes, sheep. Plus we have very few paved roads, mostly just country roads and a few one lane semi-paved roads throughout the country.
as a visitor to Irelands kerry and cork counties (as a cyclist/ parents car) I am awere of these roads, for a dutchman they're scary.

but for the rest, I once protected a dumb college, who got himself in a mess.

I did back him up, but regretted it after the buisness was done (we walked away) for
he actualy wanted to get his arse kicked (macho thingy). But normaly it doesn'd come so far, for I grap hold of my friends before they do stupid things.

the reason for this is that I'm small and look weak, though that does not stop me, as people found out to their sorrow, when and if the shit hits the fan.
darkmartin82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 03:49 AM   #23
Morrigan_Dubh

Once I stood up for a female friend of mine who was being harassed by a guy on the streets after the pubs had closed.
She was being her usual drunken representation of herself: load-mouthed and the antithesis of diplomatic. And I was being my usual drunken avatar: Angry and over-confident.
So, even though she was being unjustifiably and mercilessly bitchy to the guy, I thought it was my duty to step in and tell him where to go. So he hit me. Not hard, but I was sobered up, shocked, and humiliated. I walked away from the whole sorry scene.
A short time later that night I came across my friend up against a wall with her tongue down the throat of the girl-hitting toad! I can laugh at it now, but at the time I was incensed. Our friendship disintegrated after that.
So I reckon, you should think about how good a friend they actually are, before you step in to save them.
Old 04-07-2006, 06:49 AM   #24
CptSternn

Never get involved in a domestic dispute. Nothing good can come out of getting between a man and his wife or a couple who is dating.

At some point, they both will focus their anger on you. This is responsible for over 80% of police injuries in the states, and one big thing we learn in bouncer training as well.

-S
Old 04-07-2006, 07:14 AM   #25
WolfMoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by CptSternn
Never get involved in a domestic dispute. Nothing good can come out of getting between a man and his wife or a couple who is dating.

At some point, they both will focus their anger on you. This is responsible for over 80% of police injuries in the states, and one big thing we learn in bouncer training as well.

-S
Unless it's your sister. I reserve the right to knock the fuck out of any bastard that lays a hand on them.

Morrigan, you let some guy hit you and walked away? I'm not a fan of violence, but I would've popped him back. All he learned from that was that he can get away with hitting girls. At least you know your 'friend' wasn't worth shit, now.