Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 08-15-2011, 02:03 PM   #6226
MissCheyenne

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU CK. I've tried talking to my other brothers and sisters about the fact that I want to go back to college come September but all have them have flat out told me that they cannot spare any time to help take care of Mum and I will have to put my life on hold. The unbelivable, selfish pricks. Not that I mind taking care of my Mum but this shit is not right. It's simply not right.

I am your slice of pie
MissCheyenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 02:34 PM   #6227
Grausamkeit

I suggest a roundhouse kick in the face for each of them. Or a good solid kick to the crotch. If it's hard enough it can even take down a woman.

Is it possible for you to take some online courses? I don't like doing classes online, but when your schedule doesn't allow you to be there in person it can be better to take a few that way.

Is your mom completely incapacitated so that she can't be alone at all?

...I've been accused of folly by a fool. ~Antigone

Grausamkeit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 02:39 PM   #6228
MissCheyenne

Unfortunately, Mum is incapacitated enough to need someone with her almost constantly. Nipping to the local shops is fine but anything longer than a couple of hours is too long. She can't get out and about alone either, she's too weak to walk so has to be taken out in a wheelchair, she can't bathe alone and she can't manage to make even a simple meal herself.

I'm so fucking angry. Not at Mum, it's something she can't help but I'm angry at my family. They are all so wrapped up in themselves and refuse to see that I need some help. Without wanting to sound selfish, I have my own health worries, both mental and physical and I need time to sort those out, so that I don't get so ill that I can't help Mum.

I'm looking into online courses now since that seems to be my best option right now.

I am your slice of pie
Old 08-15-2011, 02:41 PM   #6229
Grausamkeit

You don't sound selfish at all. You have to be of sound mind and body to be able to take care of someone else.

And fuck those assholes for being dicks.

Old 08-15-2011, 02:44 PM   #6230
MissCheyenne

I wish I could say, that when the day comes that those selfish dickholes need my help, I'd turn them down but I won't. I'm not that kind of person even though in this case, I suspect I SHOULD be that kind of person.

I am your slice of pie
Old 08-15-2011, 02:47 PM   #6231
Grausamkeit

Don't let them walk all over you. They need to learn respect and boundaries.

Old 08-15-2011, 06:35 PM   #6232
Saya

What assholes.

Is there anyway that your health care system might cover a nurse coming by to take care of your mother while you're out?
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 06:54 PM   #6233
Grausamkeit

Saya, I totally imagine you flipping your head back blissfully and pounding away at your keyboard like in your avatar, lately. I don't know why I can't get that image out of my head. lol

Old 08-15-2011, 08:14 PM   #6234
Saya

Hahahaha, it wouldn't be entirely inaccurate.

Especially when I'm on tumblr or talking to Versus.
Old 08-15-2011, 08:40 PM   #6235
Grausamkeit

I knew it!

Old 08-16-2011, 02:40 AM   #6236
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
It's been 1.5 years now, and I still can't get back any peace, my mind just keeps reminding me of everything that went wrong. Sleeping just makes it all worse. I can't get any peace while awake or asleep.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 03:03 AM   #6237
MissCheyenne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saya View Post
What assholes.

Is there anyway that your health care system might cover a nurse coming by to take care of your mother while you're out?

Sadly, the home help service is so stretched right now that we have to wait on the list waiting to see what help they can offer us. Even if we get some help, it won't be a lot simply because they don't have the resources

I am your slice of pie
Old 08-16-2011, 04:46 AM   #6238
Geoluhread

Today I went to that asshole of a head of department and shared a piece of my mind. Not in the tone I was hoping for but I got my point out in the open.

He kept complaining how an excellent student got to be so sloppy and not report to him for everything (because he was really expecting me to snitch away whatever happened) and that I should've came to him whenever there was something wrong. In my opinion there wasn't, but he disagrees.

I told him that I felt as if I'm punished for being the responsible punctual person that I am, that I felt no longer obliged to be so when it comes to dealing with him. And also that he can't expect me to be so anal about protocol if someone in his position isn't following the protocol, whether it was him or the center (that I train in)and I also said that there should've been at least some kind of a contact between the center and him.

When he started saying that he was expecting for us to write notes about the things we take in the center I told him that I needed to make no such notes, I've gone all through university not doing so (I am the top student in my department) and I will do no such thing in training. He started quizzing me but I only made him suffocate more in loathing because I really do memorize shit by listening to it only.

It felt good to be honest, but him just sitting there with the smirk on his face, that asshole made me feel like a fucking bug. Like I'm not worth living, that it's so abnormal to be such a good student. I really wanted to cry, I didn't.

All I want now from him is not see his face. Ever.
"I've an idea. Why don't we play a little game. Let's pretend that we're human beings, and that we're actually alive. Just for a while. What do you say? Let's pretend we're human. Oh, brother, it's such a long time since I was with anyone who got enthusiastic about anything."
Jack Osborne

add me on
Geoluhread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 07:48 AM   #6239
Grausamkeit

Geo, good on ya for telling that dick what's up! It takes courage to do that.

Old 08-16-2011, 09:38 PM   #6240
Saya

He sounds like an infuriating asshole to deal with, Geo. I know you said complaining to the dean wouldn't accomplish much but honestly I'd complain anyway, especially if he doesn't have tenure yet. At least then if something comes up its known that you had already voiced your complaints, you know?

My rant: Mom got her boy pug neutered, but then found out that the girl pug was pregnant anyway. She's due the first week of September, and she wants me to take care of her that week. It makes sense this way because I live pretty close to the vet, but I've never seen an animal give birth, in person anyway, I don't know what to do or how to tell if I need to take her to the vet (pugs are apparently bad for breeding, they often need c-sections, poor things), and god forbid if Daisy dies giving birth or one of the puppies die, I wouldn't know what to do with myself.
Old 08-16-2011, 10:03 PM   #6241
AshleyO

I don't really think it's a good idea to try to compare military service to a private sector job.
AshleyO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 10:33 PM   #6242
Saya

Dude's on the move so he probably isn't going to be around for a while, but just keep in mind he's very understandably stressed out.

I adore Versus, just sometimes complaining about your day to him kinda feels like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-zRPDvTJTo
Old 08-17-2011, 06:34 AM   #6243
Ben Lahnger

I wasn't complaining to him. I was complaining in the Rant thread. People come here to bitch about many things large and small, from people picking on them for the way they dress to having a loved one who is deathly ill. I don't post my own problems in Rant very often, but when I do they are real and significant for me.

I did think of all the people posting a wide variety of ills great and small here, it was surprising that he focused on me.

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 07:48 AM   #6244
Timeless Rebellion

Having to get up at 5:30 or 6:00 am every morning depending if I shower at night or in the morning sucks.
</rant>
Forget me not, and keep my memory.
Timeless Rebellion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 08:37 AM   #6245
Grausamkeit

The wind blew my hair over. I am surrounded by a family that loves me and they are so LOUD! OMG! It's pure hell!

Saya, that link was hysterical! Perspective, people. Get some. I don't know what argument there is between Ben & Versus, but I'm only speaking in general terms. My worst day is better than the best day some people had all year.

Old 08-17-2011, 08:45 AM   #6246
CuckooTuli

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissCheyenne View Post
Sadly, the home help service is so stretched right now that we have to wait on the list waiting to see what help they can offer us. Even if we get some help, it won't be a lot simply because they don't have the resources
That really sucks... sorry to hear your sibs are being such raging arseholes about the whole thing. What kind of courses are you looking at, and what kind of hours would you need to be spending in college? Could you possibly make a little help stretch far enough to attend, if you roped in, say, neighbours, friends of your mother's, or any other family members? This would depend entirely on your mum's expected recovery period, but it might be something to think about if you could study part-time...

I really hope you're able to find some way of making it work. That's just... so wrong.
CuckooTuli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 05:43 PM   #6247
Spooky Spencer

I start school on Monday.

Even my rant about what sucks in my life sucks...
Spooky Spencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 01:04 AM   #6248
Versus

There's not really a problem. I was just being a prick to Ben for no reason.
Had me creepin' 'round corners, homie sleepin' in my vest.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Versus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 12:28 PM   #6249
Versus

I could really go for a stiff drink right now.
Had me creepin' 'round corners, homie sleepin' in my vest.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Versus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 02:10 PM   #6250
Grausamkeit

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versus View Post
I could really go for a stiff drink right now.
Me too, let's go! We'll bring Saya and watch her get drunk and dance. I'm not gonna watch you guys make out, though.

Okay...maybe I'll tape it for blackmail purposes.