Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Spooky News
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Spooky News Spooky news from around the web goes in this forum. Please always credit and link your source and only use sources which are okay with being posted. No profanity in subject headings please.

Old 01-14-2008, 07:44 AM   #26
Methadrine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tam Li Hua
[Besides, given that no one can prove or disprove the spiritual realm, we might as well let the lady believe what she wants, right?
The thing is, even if we did disprove the existence of a spiritual realm, the believers of that realm still wouldn't believe the truth. More or less like *this*.

"Meow. Mew. Mrow. Maow? Miaox." - Lovely Delkaetre speaks cat.
Methadrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 07:48 AM   #27
Tam Li Hua

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methadrine
The thing is, even if we did disprove the existence of a spiritual realm, the believers of that realm still wouldn't believe the truth. More or less like *this*.
And, likewise, if the Spiritual Realm were proven to be real, there would also be folks who would cling to unbelief. ^_^

What gets me is why this lady saying it's a miracle gets on people's nerves. Just because God doesn't work like how we would want or expect Him to doesn't disprove His existence. Or rather, the existence of a Spiritual Realm.

What form that realm takes, at the moment, is anyone's guess.
Tam Li Hua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 03:04 PM   #28
dark_dragon_of_ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tam Li Hua
And, likewise, if the Spiritual Realm were proven to be real, there would also be folks who would cling to unbelief. ^_^

What gets me is why this lady saying it's a miracle gets on people's nerves. Just because God doesn't work like how we would want or expect Him to doesn't disprove His existence. Or rather, the existence of a Spiritual Realm.

What form that realm takes, at the moment, is anyone's guess.
Your right but that wouldn't be science.And thats aimed at your first comment by the way.
dark_dragon_of_ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 09:40 AM   #29
Don't Look Behind You

Location: a russian, vienna-educated, living in the Netherlands. beat that.
Um, am I the only one that thinks it's a sign of slight obsession to start a huge argument over the proof of god's existance when the article just states that a woman who, thanks to extreme luck, did not lose her husband decided tp thank god for it?
Sitting there at your computer, you can wave your rationality-flag as much as you want, but if some one you know was in a situation where he had a gun fired in his face.....you might put rationality aside for a second or two.
To set things clear, NO I am not saying there is such a thing as God's will, I am a convinced advocate of cooincidence......but this discussion seemed a bit ridiculous to me..
--If you want to love me you'll have to love my shadow. This black creature that is stuck to my feet and that hates the light whithout which it wouldn't exist. Sometimes, I think it is more me than I am. Please be gentle as you make my shadow white.

-- On soft pillows you won't ride into eternity and spilling your blood you won't get out of eternity again.
Don't Look Behind You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 11:10 AM   #30
Cen0bite

well, i think it's worthy of discussion. if you don't like it, don't join in.
some people just happen to think that it's a crazy thing to thank a deity for something like what happened to the man, when in reality, it would make sense for the deity (if it exists at all) to have aimed the bullet far away from the man so it wouldn't have struck him at all.

Pinhead: What you think of as pain is a shadow. Pain has a face. Allow me to show it to you. Gentlemen, I... Am... Pain
-Hellraiser:Bloodline
Cen0bite is offline   Reply With Quote