Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 05-28-2010, 06:36 PM   #3701
vindicatedxjin

The whole breast issue is really annoying. I've stopped wearing a bra so often... who cares if you see me nipping at times... at least I'm comfortable.

Bring Kontan Back
vindicatedxjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 06:57 PM   #3702
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Lahnger View Post
Well, I'm not sure I'd go that far. Are buttocks sexual? Society has some definite attitudes about that.
Yeah but its also a hygiene thing. Vaginas are sexual but thats not the reason why I'm disgusted when people try on bathing suits without leaving their underwear on. I don't trust people enough to wipe themselves properly so I would never ever sit on a chair that I saw someone with no pants on sit on. Aside from when you're lactating or something is seriously wrong, breasts should be clean enough, and with breastfeeding unless she's particularly clumsy she's not going to get anything on anyone but herself or the baby. And its only female breasts we have an issue with, males get sexual pleasure from nipple play but we're okay with them being topless, even if they have tits. But if straight men see a man with a shirt off its not a sexual thing, but a woman with her shirt off always is.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 11:48 PM   #3703
triggerhappi26

It deffinately is not fair I mean my brother is man boobio he had breasts almost as big as mine yet he can go topless and no one says a word.
triggerhappi26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 05:49 AM   #3704
MissCheyenne

Ugh, I still feel sick and have headache after going on the waltzers at the fair last night.
MissCheyenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 06:52 AM   #3705
honeythorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggerhappi26 View Post
You know it's legal for women to go topless too
Not in the UK it isn't, though in very hot weather the rule is usually ignored on beaches and in some parks where people sunbathe. But in general you can't walk about with your tits out. You would get arrested for indecent exposure here.

Quote:
Are buttocks sexual?
In certian parts of Africa and in a few tribes/cultures there ( that I know of ) they are considered extremely so. The women walk about with their tits hanging out as many Tribal women do, and no one bats an eyelid, but they have to keep their backsides covered in some tribes - one of the ones I saw on a documentary had a sort of leather ruffle skirt type of thing - as the buttocks are considered to be a very sexual thing to display.
honeythorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 09:10 PM   #3706
Ben Lahnger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saya View Post
And its only female breasts we have an issue with, males get sexual pleasure from nipple play but we're okay with them being topless, even if they have tits. But if straight men see a man with a shirt off its not a sexual thing, but a woman with her shirt off always is.
I've long believed that since male nipples can be sexual and overtly erogenous, the argument comes closer to being that male breasts and nipples should be hidden than female breasts and nipples should be exposed. I know I'm in the minority in feeling that way.

But man boobs are not sexy ... anymore than a spare tire is. Doesn't mean I want to see them.

By the way, when I watch comedy movies or Saturday night live and guys do that thing where they rub their own nipples like they're arousing themselves, it kinda freaks me out.

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 10:47 PM   #3707
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Lahnger View Post
I've long believed that since male nipples can be sexual and overtly erogenous, the argument comes closer to being that male breasts and nipples should be hidden than female breasts and nipples should be exposed. I know I'm in the minority in feeling that way.

But man boobs are not sexy ... anymore than a spare tire is. Doesn't mean I want to see them.

By the way, when I watch comedy movies or Saturday night live and guys do that thing where they rub their own nipples like they're arousing themselves, it kinda freaks me out.
And to straight women other women's breasts might not be sexy, and to gay men they might like the hairy man nipples, but the only thing we really worry about is the straight male gaze, right? :P

Personally I think either sex's tits should be able to be seen in public, yeah they're erogenous but hey so are lips.
Old 05-29-2010, 11:41 PM   #3708
ape descendant

Well yeah.. if we're going to base it on what people find erotic.... flipflops would become improper pretty fast.. as would being able to walk around "showing" one's hair, eyes, lips, shoulders, ankles, wrists, hands and so on, because people find all sorts of things about other people sexual, no matter what is covered up.

Be Kind
ape descendant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 11:43 PM   #3709
triggerhappi26

True enough, I know my lower back being touched or kissed can drive me wild almost as much as caressing my nipples does, but there's no problem for me to show off my lower back when wearing a halter.
triggerhappi26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 02:24 AM   #3710
d0p3y

..... if every woman exercised the right to be topless there would be alot of car crashes.

keeping tops on women is a matter of national security.

"No todo es blanco o negro, es gris todo depende del matiz..."
(Mago de oz)

"your life does not belong to you, it belongs to the people that love you."
(incognito)

"laying to ones self, is laying to the world"
(incognito)

"El que por su gusto muere, hasta la muerte le sabe."
(incognito)
d0p3y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 02:27 AM   #3711
Ben Lahnger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saya View Post
And to straight women other women's breasts might not be sexy, and to gay men they might like the hairy man nipples, but the only thing we really worry about is the straight male gaze, right? :P
I didn't say that. Maybe the fact that gay men might find male nipples to be sexual is a reason to keep them covered up. And, by the way, there are plenty of straight women who think women's breasts are sexy.

But as I said, I've already acknowledged I'm in a minority view point on this. I think it more reasonable that we have a conversation that says something along the lines of "Can we all agree there are places where we shouldn't take our shirts off ... like in a restaurant (with the exception of breastfeeding, which is a different matter.)"

Also, I wonder how liberated we can truly be about this, when there are low-cut tops that women can wear that most women would call "provocative" ... and I did use that specific adjective on purpose. There's a part of me that wants to have fair treatment of both sexes in these matters, which should be able to come down to equal treatment in the end, but I think we have to overcome some double standards first.

the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Old 05-30-2010, 02:29 AM   #3712
Pineapple_Juice

Don't most women who breastfeed carry a little blanket around to cover themselves up? My aunts did that when they had their babies. Also, even if your child drinks breast milk, you can still pump the milk into bottles and store them for when you're going out and about. I don't have anything against breastfeeding, but I wish people wouldn't use the "it's natural, what's the big deal" response because taking a shit is natural too, and I wouldn't want to see someone do that.
Not that breastfeeding is the same as taking a shit in any sense, but you get what I'm saying.

I do think it's funny though that people get grossed out by the general idea of breastfeeding, as though that's not what boobs are grown for. I know girls who say they'll never breastfeed because they don't want their tits to sag or their nipples to get droopy or whatever. Weird that boobies have been so sexualized that their purpose is entirely forgotten.
Also, dude nipples make me laugh. They serve no purpose except to make the torso look like it has eyes.
Old 05-30-2010, 02:33 AM   #3713
Ben Lahnger

This is the point in the morning where I usually post/say something like "sleep is overrated."

But now that I've read an article that states that people who don't get enough sleep are statistically more likely to die younger, it doesn't seem funny any more.

the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,

Old 05-30-2010, 02:47 AM   #3714
Apathy's_Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pineapple_Juice View Post
Don't most women who breastfeed carry a little blanket around to cover themselves up? My aunts did that when they had their babies. Also, even if your child drinks breast milk, you can still pump the milk into bottles and store them for when you're going out and about. I don't have anything against breastfeeding, but I wish people wouldn't use the "it's natural, what's the big deal" response because taking a shit is natural too, and I wouldn't want to see someone do that.
Not that breastfeeding is the same as taking a shit in any sense, but you get what I'm saying.
They could express the milk in advance, but people often can't be bothered once they realize it takes as long, if not longer, than just feeding. It took my sister-in-law over an hour to express one feed when I sat for her first just after he was born. Fuck that if you then have to sit and feed them as well - bear in mind that most newborns need it every three hours or so, and again, can take a half-hour to an hour to finish a feed. Obviously it's less frequent as they get older, but you get the picture.

Witches have no wit, said the magician who was weak.
Hula, hula, said the witches. - Norman Mailer
Apathy's_Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 03:45 AM   #3715
Geoluhread

Fuck i'm dead bored i got back here. Long time no see folks
"I've an idea. Why don't we play a little game. Let's pretend that we're human beings, and that we're actually alive. Just for a while. What do you say? Let's pretend we're human. Oh, brother, it's such a long time since I was with anyone who got enthusiastic about anything."
Jack Osborne

add me on
Geoluhread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 07:31 AM   #3716
KissMeDeadly

I just don't understand some women.

I asked this girl out I know, and she turned me down. That's all cool, we're still friends and everything, but at a party I was flirting with other women, and she was like, "WHO IS THAT BITCH!?" and was mad at me for it. What the hell, man? If I'm not seeing you, you have no right to be mad at me for showing interest in other people. I don't care if you flirt with guys, you know, since we aren't in a relationship. Why can't I flirt with girls?
KissMeDeadly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 08:18 AM   #3717
honeythorn

You should tell her that then. She has no business getting angry seeing as she turned you down. She's had her offer and she blew it . What does she expect you to do? Be a celibate and pine longingly for her for the rest of your life, and never acknowledge the existance of another female ever again?

She sounds like a twat, fuck her off.
honeythorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 09:03 AM   #3718
Ben Lahnger

Yeah, I don't get that either.

Tell her, "Fuck off, baby! You had a shot at the awesomeness that is me and you turned me down. Now it's somebody else's chance!" Or something in that vein.

I would definitely make some kind of clear statement to her that when she turned you down, she lost all rights regarding who you flirt with or date or anything else. I think you also have a right to express some anger at her behavior (righteous anger too, if what you've described is accurate), but that will depend on how much you treasure the non-dating friendship you have with her.

Personally, I wouldn't have a person who behaved like that as a friend.

the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,

Old 05-30-2010, 01:06 PM   #3719
Pineapple_Juice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apathy's_Child View Post
They could express the milk in advance, but people often can't be bothered once they realize it takes as long, if not longer, than just feeding. It took my sister-in-law over an hour to express one feed when I sat for her first just after he was born. Fuck that if you then have to sit and feed them as well - bear in mind that most newborns need it every three hours or so, and again, can take a half-hour to an hour to finish a feed. Obviously it's less frequent as they get older, but you get the picture.
Oh man, that sucks. Point taken.
Old 05-30-2010, 04:19 PM   #3720
Solumina

I hate moving, everyone always agrees on what needs to be done when but in the end somebody (or just about everybody) doesn’t keep up with their end of the deal. Neither Jake nor Spencer had packed more than a single box each when we started on Thursday, they both, somehow, thought that this would not be a problem. Clearly both of them underestimated how much shit they have. Jake seems to have forgotten that I have a job and Spencer figured that Jess (Spencer’s girlfriend) would do most of his packing since she is out of classes but he didn’t actually tell her what he expected her to do so she didn’t do it for him. So Jess and I have spent the past couple of days packing up our boys’ stuff (along with my own stuff), painting (which did turn out rather well), and moving small furniture. Needless to say we are not pleased with our men.

Jake’s parents have been a huge help as there really is some stuff that I don’t think could have been moved without the help of his father as some of our stuff is very heavy and the height difference between Jake and most of the people we know can lead to problems when carrying furniture and his mom is almost as good as I am at “packing tetris”.

We shouldn’t have a problem getting out of our old place on time as we still have all of tomorrow but it didn’t need to be this stressful and I’m going to have to work my ass off to get the place clean enough to get all of our deposit back. On top of that the new place had not been well cleaned before we moved in so we have been having to clean before we move stuff in (this should not have been the case so I’m going by the office to talk to them when they next open as it is pretty obvious that the only cleaning that had been done was the carpets and the toilets, hopefully they will give us a credit and/or hire a cleaner to finish what I have started).

And I just got a call from Jake saying that all that will be left for me to do tomorrow before I go into work is the kitchen. He seemed to think that this is a reasonable expectation and that it means that it is okay for him to call it quits for today. The kitchen is at least a four hour job and when I left today it was just about all that was left besides loading some stuff into the truck. What the hell has he been doing for the last five hours?
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 05:25 PM   #3721
Saya

God damn, rent is going up again in September, they do it every year when the lease expires and we need to sign a new lease or it'll be even more expensive. I'd move but from the look of it it might be hard to find a place thats close to school and will let us keep Lucy.
Old 05-31-2010, 07:06 PM   #3722
vindicatedxjin

I'm BEYOND frustrated right now. . . Sometimes I wish I was completely single. I would probably stay that way forever.

Bring Kontan Back
Old 05-31-2010, 07:26 PM   #3723
Deadmanwalking_05

Quote:
Originally Posted by vindicatedxjin View Post
I'm BEYOND frustrated right now. . . Sometimes I wish I was completely single. I would probably stay that way forever.
You're either single or you're not single...there is no half way point.

Ya' Fucktard

9x29mmR : The Choice Of Millions for the last 100-107 years.
Deadmanwalking_05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 07:37 PM   #3724
vindicatedxjin

Stop stalking my posts like a lame ass...

Bring Kontan Back
Old 05-31-2010, 08:02 PM   #3725
Saya

Who are you talking to?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vindicatedxjin View Post
DTMFA. Although thats my answer to most relationship issues.