Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Politics
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Politics "Under democracy, one party always devotes its chief energies to trying to prove that the other party is unfit to rule -and both commonly succeed, and are right." -H.L. Menken

Old 04-03-2009, 06:38 AM   #26
CrossDream

Of course I don't know. I never claimed to know either: That's only what I think will happen. I could also be wrong about an upswing too.
CrossDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 12:54 PM   #27
Lolly PopMuzik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr E Nigma View Post
Robot Chicken.... where's your obama parody at? =is still waiting=
Worry less about lame TV-MA parodies and more about how a historical and promising president is already being lambasted for horrific mistakes perpetuated by his predecessor and that those mistakes will take longer to fix than anticipated.

I mean, Robot fucking Chicken?!
Old 04-03-2009, 01:40 PM   #28
Corpsey

The first Robot Chicken Obama Parody will probably be something about Tacos.

I'm waiting with anticipation for a new season.

Lolly PopMuzik:

He probably only said that because saying anything else would just be repetition. It's pretty much been stated.

And yes. Robot Fuckin' Chicken!

"I've never regretted anything..." - Light Yagami

Life is a shit sandwich. Unfortunately, it's always lunchtime. How much bread you have goes a long way toward determining how easy it is to swallow.
Corpsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 11:24 PM   #29
Mr E Nigma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolly PopMuzik View Post
Worry less about lame TV-MA parodies and more about how a historical and promising president is already being lambasted for horrific mistakes perpetuated by his predecessor and that those mistakes will take longer to fix than anticipated.

And I'd be worrying about that why?

You know why so many older people have wrinkles? Because they worry about shit they can't control. Tell me, do you lose sleep thinking about our President getting criticized. Woopty fucking doo?

As Corpsey said, anything nearly anyone states is absolutely redundant and doesn't make a damn of difference.

And your worried about some thousand idiotic people who have no concept of patience that want to bad mouth a government face?

You've been exactly where..? The past 200 years?

Does this seem new to you or are you too thick headed to think our generation is suffering more. Or that this type of stuff didn't happen decades ago. Or that your precious president might have his name wrinkled out a bit before people start deciding to jump on the bandwagon because they realize things don't happen immediately and that he actually gives a damn.

No offense to you, but I'm pretty sure Obama doesn't loose sleep over what people say about him. He's in the media, he's the god damn president of our country and you think he's worried what thousands of people are saying right now? He's got 4 years to change their minds and if he does it right then he's got 4 more to drive his mark farther into the concrete. So no, I will not worry about that. And yes, I'd quite like to see him immortalized in quite a funny television show along with lots of other iconic things I remember throughout my life. So as Corpsey succinctly put, yes, Robot fuckin' Chicken.

Yeah, you go ahead and worry about that. See what good it does you and our country... besides giving you high blood pressure and possibly a heart attack. Yeah, that'd be a great sacrifice on your part. "I died for our president's cause because I didn't want to see people call him names."

Lord is that laughable...
Old 04-04-2009, 12:36 AM   #30
Lolly PopMuzik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr E Nigma View Post
An overreaching statement...Not that mine came off any better. :P
I'm not worried about the criticism. I'm just sick of people screeching for overnight solutions to problems that take more than a quick fix and throwing money at them. I have a few doubts of my own as well (Is his budget stipulation going to work? What was he thinking when he withdrew birth-control aid for low income families? Will his presidency give our race a push towards bigger and better things? What are his plans for Afghanistan and Iran? Is he going to overturn DOMA and DADT?) but I understand it will all unfurl over the course of his term in office.

I'm just curious about his growth in office and would like for those screeching at him to just sit back and be patient.

But I'd much rather see him on American Dad. That show has been kicking so much ass lately.
Old 04-04-2009, 11:49 AM   #31
Mr E Nigma

I'm going to guess you meant to say an overreaching statement towards my quote and accidentally quoted me as saying that?

[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolly PopMuzik View Post

So, if you're not worried about the criticism, why tell me to be worried about it? Or do you just enjoy contradicting yourself? Or being a hypocrite? I mean there's nothing wrong with that, it's a fault of our species, it does happen.

And American Dad is horrendous.

LONG LIVE THE ROBOT CHICKEN!!!
Old 04-04-2009, 12:56 PM   #32
Lolly PopMuzik

[quote=Mr E Nigma;526581]I'm going to guess you meant to say an overreaching statement towards my quote and accidentally quoted me as saying that?

Quote:

So, if you're not worried about the criticism, why tell me to be worried about it?
Really, I was saying you read a bit too much into my quote in the same way that I did with your original quote. The point I'm trying to get across is that pop culture should come second to dissent over people who have been shouting "Change has come!" and yet cannot grasp that it takes time.

Seriously, American Dad is wiping the floor with Family Guy. Especially with Roy Rogers McFreeley.

I do apologize for being haughtier and more irritable than usual but this is just how I see it.
Old 04-04-2009, 04:37 PM   #33
Mr E Nigma

Apology accepted... next time maybe think about what your saying so you don't come off as one of those "=knocks on your door= Have you found Jesus" christians... or hate edge kids that bash people's heads in for smoking a cigarette.

(Obviously you weren't that extreme, the point is that is that really something so important to tell someone else to do it)

I mean I could see you telling someone to eat, that's life and death ya know... but anyways. You get my point.

And wiping the floor with Family guy isn't too hard considering all it does is parody current events or pop culture. That's all any of those shows do. Robot Chicken though, is different. 'Cause it uses bits of claymation. And is loads funnier ;]
Old 04-05-2009, 07:40 AM   #34
Joker_in_the_Pack

To say Obama is as bad as Bush is laughable. Few issues I want to address from this thread:

Sternn: I am with you on your posts but realize, as I'm sure you do, a fair deal of our problems took longer than eight years. Some of this shit has been fixed to go off for a good long while.

Various People: Robot Chicken is a cheap parody show for people with no attention span or standards. Thought I'd throw my two cents out there.

To other people: I don't know if I'd call Obama a puppet. Is he too idealistic? Perhaps (says the anarchist), but does he have good intentions and his head screwed on right? Sure. That's not good enough for me to completely support him or his office, but relative to the last string of people we've seen, he's got his head and milk chocolatey shoulders above the rest.
Because before too long there'll be nothing left alive, not a creature on the land or sea, a bird in the sky. They'll be shot, harpooned, eaten, and hunted too much, vivisected by the clever men who prove that there's no such things as a fair world with live and let live. The Royal family go hunting, what an example to give to the people they lead and that don't include me, I've seen enough pain and torture of those who can't speak...

- Tough Shit, Mickey by Conflict
Joker_in_the_Pack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 04:57 PM   #35
Mr E Nigma

Fear the chickennnnnnnn