Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 10-30-2005, 03:11 AM   #1
Akuma2636

Dark Bedroom

I was wondering if anyone here had any suggestions to make a dark room. I wanted my room to look evil and dark. It puts me in the mood for creating.
One of my walls is a huge mirror, I don't know what to do with it to make it darker. I was thinking if putting gore-ish images on the sides of the mirror, but it's a little big.
My walls are blue *throws up* I can't paint them. But any suggestions? I have been trying to cover the blue up with posters and printed images, but I can't find enough.
I have a fairly small window, with blue *throws up* blinds. I have no idea what to do with that. Any suggestions?

I also wanted help with the things in my room, I have a blue tall lamp, ((Any suggestions for covering up the blue?)), My bed it just 2 mattresses on top of each other, so I have no idea what the dodelly I'm going to do with that. And I have a desk, a quite large wooden desk. again, I have no idea.

Please give me suggestions, or links or something that will help >.<
Thankyou in advance
Akuma2636 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005, 03:25 AM   #2
Riddick

well think about wat is the same size of the wall.that is gothic and cool at the same time.and then put that on the wall
Riddick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005, 03:27 AM   #3
Akuma2636

The Problem is that I can't really think of anything to put on there. All I want is something dark.
Old 10-30-2005, 03:38 AM   #4
Riddick

wat about a fake gravestone or something like that
Old 10-30-2005, 03:46 AM   #5
Akuma2636

Could you explain how I could do that? Since I am on a budget and all I want to do is cover up the walls...
Old 10-30-2005, 03:53 AM   #6
Riddick

well i cant explain how to do it.it was just a idea.you could draw on to large paper something that explaines you and is gothic at the same time.or get a gothic cupbored to put in the way of the wall
Old 10-30-2005, 06:02 AM   #7
Soul_Immortal

You could try stapling up a flimsy grey, black or dark purple fabric. Tried that once, looked much better than paint.
Old 10-30-2005, 07:20 AM   #8
Bride_Of_Satan

Location: Blyth, UK - its a weird place but I was born and bred here so I've got to love it.
Unhappy

Use tinted lightbulbs (Like red or dark blue shades) in your lamps to create an evil effect. Buy cross necklaces and drape them around your blinds. As for your mirror, draw crucifixes and stick them to it. It doesn't matter what colour your room is - you can always change the style as you say with posters. Don't just make posters "Celebrity Goths/Punks/Emos - w/e you're into -" make them paintings of forests and cold icy lakes.
Bride_Of_Satan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005, 11:52 AM   #9
Nemesis

Can i ask why you cant paint the walls? I have a big mirror in my room ive put cd's round the edge of mine backwards, but my walls are black, it looks great when the sun shines in, but the lampshade you could either sew a scarve over it-a mesh one, not over the top, or you could dye it another collour, and i think accesorize, buy skulls, i have a vase with a red, white and black rose in, window patches you can put a nail in the wall and hang band t-shirts and stuff like that! Well hope that helps!
Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005, 02:43 PM   #10
dvnt2003

Hang cutains along the walls and spray paint what ever else bugs you. If you can't paint some things, cover then with something you can.
dvnt2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005, 02:57 PM   #11
ThwanCondu

Don't just put something dark up. Put something you like up, otherwise you'll get tired of it and end up wanting to change it again.
ThwanCondu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005, 05:37 PM   #12
NyQuil of Doom

Get some sheer black fabric and drape it all over.

Heh, I should come over there and decorate. It'd be like Gothic Trading Spaces or something.
Old 10-30-2005, 08:21 PM   #13
Circle V

I share a very large partitioned room with my brothers. My parents won't allow me to decorate it as I wish-- I planned to make it scary enough that my brothers wouldn't look my way at night, much less bother me, but I guess that plan's shot to hell.
Circle V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005, 11:10 PM   #14
Demonista_Ravenesque

Well...My bedroom doesn't look gothic or anything. It's got baby wallpaper aned it looks like s toddler's room....

Yet my friends still get scared

Get a lava lamp...They look pretty evil in red.

Hier sind doch irgendwo kinder versteckt
Demonista_Ravenesque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2005, 02:01 AM   #15
Akuma2636

awesome thanks for the ideas. I can't paint the walls because we are renting. So I'm not allowed to.
The draping of materials is a good idea. I was going to print out/find pictures of foggy lakes, and other inspirational things ^____^.
I like the crosses over the blinds idea, I might do that ^________^.
You guys are awesome thanks for the tips.
Old 10-31-2005, 09:23 AM   #16
polished_wolf_claws

Go out and look around tomorrow (Nov. 1st) everything halloween will be dirt cheap.

-Lights: get the halloween string lights- purple, orange, green
-get some black light bulbs.. and some cosmic black light web.
-when out of season I tend to look around at San Fransisco (Novelty shop) or Spencers Gifts...... or occult stores.... always find neet statues and paraphenalia.
-posters are okay.... but if your going for a classy looking goth room, I'd avoid em.... try and find some prints of Clee, or Giger... or get some frames and paint your own.
-If you want a really dark look, buy drapes and tack em over the walls..... or even try and make a tapestry..... it also helps with heating costs.
-second hand stores are a good place to look for dark fabric curtains... all of them are sorta going out of style now too..... and thats only reason I like pastels being 'in.
-I appreciate the whole candle light thing.... don't go overboard on it though... that and if you do go for the candles, get corresponding scents.

I hope I helped somewhat.

"Teh Lordz Satan Protektz me frm ebil in mah PANTS!!!!!11111"
polished_wolf_claws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2005, 12:14 PM   #17
mydnyght

'ello,

what i did is take from my spirituality. i, for example, am dark pagan so i took themes from this to start. i have pictures of mystical nocturnal things, and soon will be adding a "dark mirror" for scrying purposes. another thing i do is ask myself what i found that resonates with me. i like black lighting...i also have a lite that is basically a continuous lightning bolt. lava lamps are good for the "fluid" look. i also have sundrious posters of dark themes and other nik-naky things like statuettes of dark gods and goddesses.
i wish you well in you journey of discovery.
dark blessings,
midnight
mydnyght is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2005, 04:59 AM   #18
Akuma2636

Hey thanks Polished_wolf_claws, I think I'll do that. Halloween is always the best time to find dark things. I'll definately take your advice.
and mydnyght, I don't really have a spirituality, I know I love the Satanistic philosophical movement though. I might stick up the 9 Satanic statements.
I found some dark images that inspire me.
Old 11-02-2005, 06:25 AM   #19
mydnyght

Cool dark bedroom

sure you have a spirituality akuma, tho i personally don't agree with all of satanisms views, i still believe this is a "path"...back to the bedroom thing, i think it's good to follow thru with that idea, anything that inspires you is beautiful! so, speaking from ignorance...what are the 9 statements n e waze?
mydnyght is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2005, 06:32 AM   #20
Akuma2636

Satsnism isn't really what people think, it's a philosophical thing rather than a worshipping the devil or what-ever.
I've found the nine satanic statements in French too, I love French.
Anyway Nine Satanic Statements
1. Satan represents indulgence instead of abstinence.
2. Satan represents vital existence instead of spiritual pipe dreams.
3. Satan represents undefiled wisdom instead of hypocritical self-deceit.
4. Satan represents kindness to those who deserve it instead of love wasted on ingrates.
5. Satan represents vengeance instead of turning the other cheek.
6. Satan represents responsibility to the responsible instead of concern for psychic vampires.
7. Satan represents man as just another animal, sometimes better, more often worse than those that walk on all-fours, who, because of his “divine spiritual and intellectual development,” has become the most vicious animal of all.
8. Satan represents all of the so-called sins, as they all lead to physical, mental, or emotional gratification.
9. Satan has been the best friend the Church has ever had, as He has kept it in business all these years.

I'm definately going to do this with my room, you guys have given me awesome inspiration and I love you for it ^_^
Old 11-02-2005, 10:24 AM   #21
Akuma2636

Oh I've been through the rubbery ducky stage! I was just finishing my fairy phase, and I wanted to change ;_;
I miss my rubber duckies. They were so cute and lovable.

PS-- you're really strange, and you scare me. Good luck with the strange-ness and the scary-ness!
Old 11-02-2005, 10:55 AM   #22
Soul_Immortal

*Prepares serrated Q-tip*
Old 11-02-2005, 11:11 AM   #23
polished_wolf_claws

I'm nottoo curious about the scary and strange part.... I just wonder what thefuck is it with all the Avatars that are Eyes....

I mean It was cool and artistic when it started.... now your just fucking the poor dying dog.

"No Ma.... I'll put him down... he's my dog...."

Old 11-02-2005, 11:12 AM   #24
polished_wolf_claws

*Looks at previous post* wow am I bitchy today.....

Old 11-02-2005, 11:25 AM   #25
polished_wolf_claws

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xnguela
s'ok. I started it.

I'm so tired...
Lol.... Could I be your padawan learner of Being bitchy??