Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > TV, Movies, & Games
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

TV, Movies, & Games Talk about your favorite TV shows, movies, games, and other media here. Or don't. We don't want to tell you what to do or anything.

Old 06-22-2010, 05:10 PM   #1
carakitty

That 70's Show

Just for the hell of it I watched a couple old reruns of That 70's show last night. I hadn't actually seen either one. The first one was closer to the approximate time when I stopped watching the show and I could sort of follow what was going on. The second one though had me totally saying WTF. Eric was in Africa studying abroad or something and it looked like he + Donna were having a distant patch. Kelso Proposed to Jackie but got turned down. Hyde was married to a stripper and I have to freaking clue who that dude called Randy was. Someone want to give me a clue to what is going on in the circle?
Old 06-22-2010, 05:16 PM   #2
KissMeDeadly

You pretty much got it. That is almost exactly what's happening in the circle, and Randy is the guy they tried to replace Eric with.
KissMeDeadly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 01:45 PM   #3
carakitty

But who is Randy? Someone's friend? A relative of Kitty + Red?
Eric is still alive so I don't see why he'd need to be replaced.
Old 06-23-2010, 02:53 PM   #4
Angelic Dissonance

I don't pay attention. That show is a mindfuck--as long as you don't know what's going on, and past twelve every night for me, with the volume down, not paying attention.... it cracks me up, though.
Angelic Dissonance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 06:21 AM   #5
Alchemical_Moxie

That was just the last season - Eric was "gone to Africa" because he was off filming Spiderman 3 and being a movie star. I stopped watching it before then but eventually watched the final two seasons on DVD and thought they weren't as bad as I had thought they'd be (though Randy was a useless character).
Alchemical_Moxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 07:12 AM   #6
Sinjob

Hell yes. I love almost everything about that show. Even better? I'm pretty much Eric Foreman, even look like the bastard.

I didn't like him gone in that season, that's when I lost a lot of interest and the ending of the show could've been alot better. And looking back on that freakin' Spider Man 3 it's safe to say he may have filmed the movie but definitely didn't come back a star. Better than previously but didn't really do too much.
Sinjob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 07:36 AM   #7
Alchemical_Moxie

I kind of liked the ending, or more specifically, the last episode. Thought it was kind of a nice open-ended ending, and not a "let's suddenly and completely wrap up eight years of storylines" ending, and cool that it ended ringing in 1980. Also, I think that's the most times I've ever used a variation of the word "end" in a single sentence. But anyway, yeah, I thought it was cool that they didn't really go for the standard "everything in this universe ends now" ending that usually gets tacked onto long-running sitcoms.
Old 08-14-2010, 07:38 AM   #8
Alchemical_Moxie

Oh yeah, I'd also like to agree about loving almost everything about the show. Particularly the characters, and the actors chosen to play the characters (I'm not exactly a fan of Ashton Kutcher, but hell, he was a perfect choice for Kelso). And I have to say, I love Red Forman more and more, as the years go on.
Old 08-14-2010, 08:11 AM   #9
Sinjob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemical_Moxie View Post
I kind of liked the ending, or more specifically, the last episode. Thought it was kind of a nice open-ended ending, and not a "let's suddenly and completely wrap up eight years of storylines" ending, and cool that it ended ringing in 1980. Also, I think that's the most times I've ever used a variation of the word "end" in a single sentence. But anyway, yeah, I thought it was cool that they didn't really go for the standard "everything in this universe ends now" ending that usually gets tacked onto long-running sitcoms.
It was cute but I'm unsatisfied in the same way I am with the endings of endless television shows I've followed in the likes of the X Files, King of the Hill, and Malcolm in the Middle.
Sinjob is offline   Reply With Quote