Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 10-30-2009, 07:09 PM   #1
darkprincess73

darkprincess73

my favorite color is black my favorite male author is stephen king favorite female authors are mary higgins clark and anne rice i love books about vampires especially the twilight series love horror movies the scarier and more bloody the better i like heavy metal/death metal my favorites are ozzy osbourne and rob zombie i would like to hear more and learn more about goth and goth music ive always thought goth was kool im from ohio
darkprincess73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 08:00 PM   #2
Alan

No one say anything.
real classy
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 08:25 PM   #3
darkprincess73

melinda

im white im not black if thats what you are thinking sorry if i gave the wrong impression
Old 10-30-2009, 08:39 PM   #4
PortraitOfSanity

You're 36, yet you can't manage to use punctuation, and you still use "darkprincess" as a handle? Wow, just leave before you embarrass yourself and we actually come down hard on you.

I don't hate you. Saying I hate you would be like saying I hate a dog with no legs trying to cross a busy freeway.
-Mr. Filth
PortraitOfSanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 08:42 PM   #5
JCC

It's a troll, man.
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 09:04 PM   #6
darkprincess73

i could care less what you think you act like you are politically correct maybe u are like mary poppins come down on me all u want im not leaving and i have nothing to be embarrassed about so too bad so sad
Old 10-30-2009, 09:30 PM   #7
PortraitOfSanity

Mary Poppins? Where the fuck did that come from?

I don't hate you. Saying I hate you would be like saying I hate a dog with no legs trying to cross a busy freeway.
-Mr. Filth
PortraitOfSanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 11:31 PM   #8
darkprincess73

well either ur prim and proper like mary poppins all goody goody or you have nothing better to do than pick on someone new u dont even know about punctuation which is really lame this is a gothic website not grammar school so drop it already get over it
Old 10-31-2009, 03:01 PM   #9
KissMeDeadly

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkprincess73 View Post
well either ur prim and proper like mary poppins all goody goody or you have nothing better to do than pick on someone new u dont even know about punctuation which is really lame this is a gothic website not grammar school so drop it already get over it
I'm....I'm just going to stop you there.

Ok, this isn't a grammar website, true, but from the short time I have been here, I've managed to learn that the people here tend to appreciate well thought out, and for the most part, correctly spelled posts. It's also really annoying to read your walls of text with no periods to break up your sentences.
KissMeDeadly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 03:39 PM   #10
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
Quote:
Like has been stated before this forum started as a literature forum, and I can assure you, we very much appreciate proper grammar and spelling.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 03:51 PM   #11
Sinjob

Love this site.
Sinjob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 10:02 PM   #12
carakitty

I love it too sinjob
Wish I could have Gnet via IV some days + nights
carakitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 05:57 AM   #13
darkprincess73

this sight is awesome, except for the fact you get raked over the coals for not punctuating correctly. when u arenew and being picked on about grammar it really sucks. some people on here really make you feel unwanted in this community
Old 11-02-2009, 06:00 AM   #14
Cosmicgaunt

Quote:
this sight is awesome
I've been told that before, bask in my presence.
Cosmicgaunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 08:01 AM   #15
carakitty

Quote:
this sight is awesome, except for the fact you get raked over the coals for not punctuating correctly. when u arenew and being picked on about grammar it really sucks. some people on here really make you feel unwanted in this community
Really, there are far worse things to whine about. Just take the couple extra moments to make posts adhere to common English standards.

While I don't rake people over the coals for poorly written posts it does lower my view of the person immediately. I tend to assume the person posting is a lazy kid, or just plain stupid. The more I see a person post stupidly the less I'm likely to give them the time of day. Being 'new' to a forum should have no bearing on grammar skills. It is a skill for daily life!
carakitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 09:13 AM   #16
Lolly PopMuzik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan View Post
No one say anything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everyone else
Rebuttals even though they know very well it's a troll
What did the man just say?!
Old 11-02-2009, 07:21 PM   #17
Lady_Alyce

Location: A lovely place where the humidity melts your makeup off.
Darkprincess, as you are an adult, you should probably stop typing without grammer. The only way people here get an impression of you is the voice you use when you type. If you type with no grammer, people tend to heavily rebuke you for it. Yes, you have your opinions, but people don't particularly appreciate the fact that they can barely read the post.
Lady_Alyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 07:15 PM   #18
darkprincess73

i would be honored to bask in your presence