Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 05-30-2007, 01:01 PM   #1
#1 wet blanket

i'm charlie.

1. What do you do?
i procrastinate often, don't sleep enough, annoy my boyfriend, listen to music lots, and spoil my dog.

2. Where are you from?
i was born in los angeles, i live in the willamette valley now.

3. Who is your favorite author?
probably yukio mishima.

4. What are your favorite films?
i don't know, i change my mind a lot.

5. What music do you want played at your wedding?
something amazing.

6. At your funeral?
hopefully, if i have a funeral, they'll play something that encourages people to dance on my grave.

7. This IS a gothic website, so... how do you want to die?
old and regretless.

8. What kind of casket would you want?
a biodegradable one.

9. What's your FAVORITE outfit?
uh clothes.

10. What's one thing you miss about being a little kid?
being able to use my imagination.

11. What's your favorite band?
i don't have one particular favorite. but david bowie, patrick wolf, and emily haines are probably my three favorite individual artists.

12. What kind of education do you have? What is/was/will be your major?
i dropped out after two weeks of 9th grade. in a few days i'll be sixteen and i plan on getting my GED and hopefully majoring in environmental studies.

13. Why did you join?
something to do, right.

14. If the first 13 questions didn't give it away. What is your gender?
male.
#1 wet blanket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 01:16 PM   #2
Tismine

Hm...I think I like you. Mainly because of your answer to #7. Please watch your capitalization, though. We appreciate you using the 'shift' key.
What breed of dog do you have?
Oh, and welcome.
Tismine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 01:47 PM   #3
Underwater Ophelia

I know you've heard this a thousand times...but go back to school. My sister did the whole GED thing...it's not as easy as people think. Getting jobs once you have the GED is not as easy as people think. Granted, it's not impossible, but as young as you are, go back to school.

With that, hello.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 04:22 PM   #4
Draconysius

Welcome. You seem cool, and David Bowie is spooktacular!
Draconysius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 04:32 PM   #5
Vyvian Blackthorne

Guys....Bowie is one of my most indulgent solo artists...really...Welcome here. Also, adore and worship the man who has posted above me. Be apart of the myspace groups he is in as well. Make sure to look at the one on the Virgin Prunes

Goth Forever
Old 05-30-2007, 05:29 PM   #6
Godslayer Jillian

Come with us Charlie. It will be an adventure! We're going on an adventure, Charlie!

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 05:44 PM   #7
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
Oh MY GAAAAAAWD!!! LOL
:: profuse tears of maniacal laughter ::
"Magical leoplurodon"
HAHA
"Will you stop bouncing on me?"
HOHO
"chocolate bats"

HumanePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 05:53 PM   #8
#1 wet blanket

@Tismine:
oooh is this a place where the shift key rule is actually enforced?
I never really type with capitalization, but I can make an effort. :]
Rumor is a half lab/quarter border collie/quarter chow mutt. Yeah, we're the type that talk smack about the yuppies' purebreds down at the dog park to boost our ego. And you know talking about your dog and yourself as a collective being is not weird at all~

@Ophelia:
I appreciate your concern, and yes I have heard that a thousand times. That said, noooo way in hell I'm going back to highschool. Maybe getting jobs with a GED isn't so easy, but I totally intend on going to college. Even if I had to work at McDonald's until I earned my degree, I'd still call it a fair trade.

@Vyvian:
If I had a myspace account, I would probably consider it. I don't ~usually~ worship and adore strange men, but we'll see how things go.

@Jillian: I'm pretty sure those cute little unicorns will haunt me for the rest of my life. ;-;

&&
Thanks to everyone for welcoming me.
Old 05-30-2007, 06:09 PM   #9
Tismine

I changed my mind. I don't think I like you anymore...I now adore you. And yes, we are indeed shift nazis.
Gah! I have a pureblood (although they will not allow her to compete, the bloody bastards), a white shepard. No idea what the rest of them are though. Don't talk about my dog like that. I have, however, referred to my cat, Friday, as 'I', though. (So many commas in that sentence.)
"Does Friday like this catfood?"
"Ew...don't feed me that! I hate it!"
Even though this is terribly rude of me, may I ask why you dropped out? I'm curious.
You are adorable. *glomps*
...Sorry. I've had caffeine, and am hyper.
Old 05-30-2007, 07:09 PM   #10
Godslayer Jillian

Haha, yes, those unicorns are awesome.
They're so awesome I interrupted the silence in our English final just to say out loud "It didn't say anything!"

-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Old 05-30-2007, 08:54 PM   #11
Dancing_in_rain

Hello Hello Hello Hello Hello!!! Woohoohoohoo! I'm hyper because I'm so tired.

David Bowie is awwwwesooooome!!!!

Out of curiousity, you said you annoyy your boyfriend. You are also of the male gendre. Would you happen to be homosexual? I have nothing wrong with taht, just really nosy. I like prying in other people's businnesssssss...

Yawn. This is rather tedious, is it not?

www.chansondeplume.blogspot.com
^Mon blog d'ecriture en francais. Veuillez lire et commenter!
Translation: My writing blog in french. Feel free to read and comment.

Dancing_in_rain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 09:09 PM   #12
Dancing_in_rain

Sorry for the double posting...it took me a while to realise just how awfully badly written my last post was. Please forgive me...I've been volunteering at some ball for a kid's hospital for the last 6 hours. I'm exhausted. G'night all and welcome Charlie.

Old 05-30-2007, 10:00 PM   #13
Godslayer Jillian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancing_in_rain
Would you happen to be homosexual?
DIR, please. The correct term is 'little people'.

XD

-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Old 05-30-2007, 10:30 PM   #14
pressedflowers

You don't annoy me.
pressedflowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 10:53 PM   #15
#1 wet blanket

@Tismine:
I'm totally flattered. n__n;
Is a white shepherd a white german shepherd? If not, I don't think I'm familiar with that breed. There are some purebred dogs I think are attractive, but the whole thought of people stepping in and trying to control another specie's gene pool to make the animals look a certain way is kind of creepy. But I mean if I had tons of money I'd buy a well-bred Irish Wolfhound. [/immature ramble about dogs]

To me, it's more like "Why didn't I drop out earlier?"
In middle school the only class I remember passing was band (yeah I might have played clarinet in the school band, stfu), all of my friends were like three years older, and by the time I got into highschool I just couldn't be fucked going to a building where they steal thirteen years of your life teaching you to take directions and sit in chairs. I skipped all the time, and since I wasn't going to pass I figured it was pointlessly remaining enrolled. Plus I think I kind of have social anxiety or something, crowds make me panic.

@Jillian:
Actually it's kind of traumatizing to have people say your name like "Chaaaarlie" in that sticky sweet I'm-going-to-steal-your-kidney voice. ;o;

@Dancing:
No need to apologize, everyone makes typos~
And yes, I would happen to be homosexual. ;D
Old 05-30-2007, 10:55 PM   #16
#1 wet blanket

Don't listen to him, I really do. ;s
Old 05-31-2007, 03:50 AM   #17
Tismine

Yes yes, a white German shepard. I'm just too lazy to actually type it out.
On a kind-of-related but really just-crossed-my-mind-so-I'm-going-to-say-it-whether-you-like-it-or-not-and-oh-my-this-has-so-many-hyphens-I-should-probably-stop-adding-them-even-though-it-is-amusing-me note, I rescued a dog the other day. I did this by running onto a VERY BUSY highway, nearly getting hit by a car twice, talked a dog to the ground, completely ruined my outfit, and took said dog to the vet (the point of saying this is to say why I'm so angry about the owners). They neutered it with in about a week. When the ooffice finally tracked down the owners, said owners bitched about how their stud dog was now not entirely male. They then went on to claim that I had stolen the dog.
The point of this story was tp say; yes, I despise people who obsess about purebreds to the point of scariness.
...Don't remember why I wanted to say this, but it's now been done, and I refuse to delete that after all the typing I just did so nyah.
On the school note, it does make sense...do you learn better when teaching yourself?
And, in conclusion (this post is long enough to warrant that), I should NOT type posts in the morning. I babble. Granted, I babble anyway, but moreso in the mornings..bah. I need coffee. Cheerio!
Old 05-31-2007, 09:40 AM   #18
#1 wet blanket

I can't imagine people being that ungrateful towards a person who saved their dog's life. I mean, their dog should be like family or atleast a good friend first, it sounds like they consider it more like a material posession. That kind of attitude towards animals creeps me out and makes me question people's humanity. Because I am a loser who holds animals in higher regaurd than people, haah.
Well, I don't know if I learn better necessarily, but I think I operate in general better not being in school.
It makes it look less ridiculous when I babble if other people are doing it too. ;D
Old 05-31-2007, 09:53 AM   #19
Tismine

The asses also said that the dog was ruined.
We have a lot of people doing that where I live. One person refused to give back a little boys dog because the man liked it. He said that the owners either had to pay him $2000 or they wouldn't get the dog. The mother was forced to tell the poor kid that his beloved pet had died. I'm more of a cat person, though.
I suppose it's like when the bratty little girls buy the toy dogs, and put them in their purses as accessories.
I hold people and animals in the same regard. Because we are animals...oh, my, I was about to start ranting about that, too. Gah.
Oh, dear. You have, essentially, given me permission to babble. Yaaaaay! I shall have fun.
On a completely unrelated thought, Soap operas are the stupidest things in the world. just wanted to say that.
Old 05-31-2007, 10:01 AM   #20
Vyvian Blackthorne

Quote:
Originally Posted by #1 wet blanket
@Tismine:
oooh is this a place where the shift key rule is actually enforced?
I never really type with capitalization, but I can make an effort. :]
Rumor is a half lab/quarter border collie/quarter chow mutt. Yeah, we're the type that talk smack about the yuppies' purebreds down at the dog park to boost our ego. And you know talking about your dog and yourself as a collective being is not weird at all~

@Ophelia:
I appreciate your concern, and yes I have heard that a thousand times. That said, noooo way in hell I'm going back to highschool. Maybe getting jobs with a GED isn't so easy, but I totally intend on going to college. Even if I had to work at McDonald's until I earned my degree, I'd still call it a fair trade.

@Vyvian:
If I had a myspace account, I would probably consider it. I don't ~usually~ worship and adore strange men, but we'll see how things go.

@Jillian: I'm pretty sure those cute little unicorns will haunt me for the rest of my life. ;-;

&&
Thanks to everyone for welcoming me.
Goodness I was only disappointed because this post did not have your email address with all the '@'s. Anyway, I was only kidding. In fact, I was thanking Ed (aka Draco aka Adress Unknown) for joing the groups I had on myspace. But seriously, thanks for being so nice in response. I like your avatar. You're fond of Warhol? I am as well.

Goth Forever
Old 05-31-2007, 02:26 PM   #21
Tara Poison

Location: On an industrial estate next to an airfield. Yeah, why the hell did they put a house there?!
Shift nazis - pffft! Damn, that made me giggle.

I'll add my 'Hi and welcome' right here because you sound cool.
Tara Poison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 02:32 PM   #22
Aaroneet

I think that I like you. Welcome and enjoy.
Aaroneet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 09:24 PM   #23
Dancing_in_rain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godslayer Jillian
DIR, please. The correct term is 'little people'.

XD
Ooops. *slap* Bad me. In my defense, I suffer from lack of sleep. That's it. THis is the last post I'm writing tonight. It's 12:25 AM and the people from the tennis club in the park outside my house are having a party. And I'm not invited. But I still hear them having fun. Not fair *sulks*

G'night all.

Old 06-02-2007, 10:11 PM   #24
Shirani Aori

I'm very sorry but i just had to point this out. "it sounds like they consider it more like a material posession." from # Wet Blanket, you called the dog "it" as if you were calling him/her a material possession while you were fighting about him/her being called a material possession i found this to be funny
Shirani Aori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 10:17 PM   #25
pressedflowers

Probably because saying 'him/her' all the time is fucking annoying :> You're just looking for something to pick apart now.
pressedflowers is offline   Reply With Quote