Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 07-30-2011, 07:35 AM   #6351
Grausamkeit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beowulf View Post
Honeythorn, your eyes are amazing !!!.
Seconded! More fabulous eyeliner!

...I've been accused of folly by a fool. ~Antigone

Grausamkeit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 07:26 PM   #6352
Timeless Rebellion

Honeythorn - Do you ever get tired of people staring at your eyes in envy? :o
Forget me not, and keep my memory.
Timeless Rebellion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 01:21 AM   #6353
Versus

Had me creepin' 'round corners, homie sleepin' in my vest.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Versus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 01:22 AM   #6354
Versus

Also, Operation Pedo Stache was a complete success.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Old 07-31-2011, 09:38 AM   #6355
Raptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fruitbat View Post
Raptor your hawk was awesome!! Do you miss it?
Cheers, I did it like it. Mixed feelings now that it's gone, it's kind of nice having short hair for a change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saya View Post
Honestly I'm slightly disappointed Raptor isn't a brain in a jar that communicates through a computer.
Haha, if it makes you feel any better I have these photos that don't feature me at all. They're from a visit to the Culham Centre for Fusion Energy in Oxfordshire. I'm pretty sure I'm allowed to post these, when I asked a guy if I could take pictures he kind of sneered at me and said "of course, the Cold War is over you know". Their website has a bunch of photos on it anyway so it should be fine.

The outside of the UK's MAST (Mega Ampere Spherical Tokamak):

MAST again, with measuring equipment. I can't remember what the tentacle lens does, I imagine it's part of an interferometer:

Inside view of one of the stripped down segments of Europe's JET (Joint European Torus), the largest tokamak in the world and capable of temperatures up to ~100 million C:

And a picture from the JET website showing what the inside of the torus looks like when fully assembled (left), and when it's running (right):

Raptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 07:40 PM   #6356
Syconycteris australis

Versus - man you have to carry around a heap of stuff with you! How heavy is that kit? The photo of the mountains looks great. And you all look badass, but not as badass as Saya, because she's Canadian and everyone knows they are the baddest assiest people ever to live! (oh I think I spelled that wrong)

Raptor - You hang out with some interesting machinery. Are we any closer to getting fushion power?
Syconycteris australis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 08:36 PM   #6357
Versus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syconycteris australis View Post
Versus - man you have to carry around a heap of stuff with you! How heavy is that kit? The photo of the mountains looks great. And you all look badass, but not as badass as Saya, because she's Canadian and everyone knows they are the baddest assiest people ever to live! (oh I think I spelled that wrong)
How much does the weight of the nation weigh? Between sixty and eighty pounds. Ish. And those pictures are very fake. Nobody walks around looking cool like that!

And I'm super jealous of Raptor. I love that stuff.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Old 08-02-2011, 11:31 PM   #6358
Syconycteris australis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versus View Post
How much does the weight of the nation weigh? Between sixty and eighty pounds. Ish. And those pictures are very fake. Nobody walks around looking cool like that!

And I'm super jealous of Raptor. I love that stuff.
Yeah I kept expecting to see Dr Who leap out from one of those photos Raptor!

Bwak! 80 pounds! The only 80 pounds I want to carry around is 80 English pounds(dollars)... Aw, I thought you army guys were just badass 24/7.
Syconycteris australis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 02:55 AM   #6359
Catch

Cool lookin' machines.
Old 08-03-2011, 04:39 AM   #6360
Angelic Dissonance2

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeythorn View Post
Why the hell do you green-eyed girls always stop my heart? You are so gorgeous, it's ridiculous. I swear....
Angelic Dissonance2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 04:34 AM   #6361
Raptor

I'm happy I got the chance to go there, it was really interesting. And I found out that mohawk + hard hat zones is a bad combination.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syconycteris australis View Post
Raptor - You hang out with some interesting machinery. Are we any closer to getting fushion power?
It's getting closer, I would hope that the next generation see it happen even if we don't. Fusion with JET is fairly close to producing as much energy as goes in to heat the plasma, but that doesn't include the other energy inputs like maintaining the magnetic fields. It's operating as intended though, it was always meant to be for plasma and fusion study, not energy generation. The next tokamak, ITER, isn't scheduled to start up for another 8 years or so and I think it's being delayed by a year because of Japan. Even that will only be a research project, and electricity production isn't the aim until either the reactor after ITER, or the one after that. So, tens of years left.
Raptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 05:38 PM   #6362
Geoluhread

Here I am!
"I've an idea. Why don't we play a little game. Let's pretend that we're human beings, and that we're actually alive. Just for a while. What do you say? Let's pretend we're human. Oh, brother, it's such a long time since I was with anyone who got enthusiastic about anything."
Jack Osborne

add me on
Geoluhread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 11:40 AM   #6363
Grausamkeit

Nice pic, Geo! Is that a nose stud?

Old 08-08-2011, 11:53 AM   #6364
Geoluhread

Thanks ^_^
Yep a yin-yang nose stud
"I've an idea. Why don't we play a little game. Let's pretend that we're human beings, and that we're actually alive. Just for a while. What do you say? Let's pretend we're human. Oh, brother, it's such a long time since I was with anyone who got enthusiastic about anything."
Jack Osborne

add me on
Old 08-08-2011, 12:07 PM   #6365
Grausamkeit

Cool! I've always liked the outlook of Taoism and the yin/yang duality of life and the outer world. I don't believe in deities, but I do believe that all life is intertwined anhd that hurting others hurts yourself.

Happy Ramadan! I saw you mention it was starting in another tread.

Old 08-08-2011, 02:57 PM   #6366
Geoluhread

Thanks
Well I strongly believe in the meaning of the symbol and I can see it everyday around me. And I'd be lying if I said don't find it cool to look at :P
Jack Osborne

add me on
Old 08-08-2011, 06:10 PM   #6367
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grausamkeit View Post
Cool! I've always liked the outlook of Taoism and the yin/yang duality of life and the outer world. I don't believe in deities, but I do believe that all life is intertwined anhd that hurting others hurts yourself.

Happy Ramadan! I saw you mention it was starting in another tread.
Yin yang theory is actually pretty bull. It asserts that certain things are manifestations of yin and yang. For example, Yin manifests itself as female, dark, night, death, cold, ruled, etc. Yang is male, light, day, birth, heat, ruler, etc. You can tell that yin is the more negative things, the people who came up with this was slanted against it, why would they associate birth with male energy and death with female energy, when women gave birth and men went to war?

And the idea is that the opposites wax and wane. Illness can be caused by lack of balance between yin and yang energies, and feng shui is also centered around taking the best advantage of the yin yang energies that surround us. And certain opposites don't really wax and wane, a ruler won't be come less a ruler and move towards being ruled, and I have yet to wake up with a penis.

Taoism isn't a unified religion so there's a more religious school that subscribes to the more hokey stuff, and then there's philosophical Taoist schools. It does appeal to the Taoist nonduality teachings but its not all it means.

/nerd. Sorry Geo XD You look pretty!
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 06:40 PM   #6368
Geoluhread

An extremely hypothetical question Saya, just for the fun of it, how would you feel if you woke up with a penis?
Jack Osborne

add me on
Old 08-08-2011, 06:44 PM   #6369
Saya

Funny, you're not the first person to ask. I would do a few jumping jacks, get a blow job just to see what all the fuss is about, then probably look into sex change operations.
Old 08-08-2011, 06:49 PM   #6370
Geoluhread

You'd also get to answer one of the biggest mysteries on earth, what is more painful, being kicked in the nuts or giving birth. That is if you're planning on giving birth :P

I remembered the other day who you remind me of, I've never seen any work by this actress but you look a lot like her.
http://silencedmajority.blogs.com/si.../tina_fey1.jpg

That's how imagine you are in real life.
Jack Osborne

add me on
Old 08-08-2011, 06:56 PM   #6371
Saya

I love her! I'll take it as a compliment ^_^
Old 08-08-2011, 07:24 PM   #6372
Fruitbat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoluhread View Post
You'd also get to answer one of the biggest mysteries on earth, what is more painful, being kicked in the nuts or giving birth. That is if you're planning on giving birth :P

I remembered the other day who you remind me of, I've never seen any work by this actress but you look a lot like her.
http://silencedmajority.blogs.com/si.../tina_fey1.jpg

That's how imagine you are in real life.
Giving birth would have to win the contest. It can last up to 25hrs of pain, and it can cause irrevocable damage to your body.

Although I guess it depends how hard you get kicked in the nuts.

"Always be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle." - Plato

Help me, I'm holding on for dear life

Fruitbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 05:28 PM   #6373
Saya

Excuse me while I gush about new kitty Malificent:

She's camera shy.
Old 08-09-2011, 07:44 PM   #6374
Jon Wane

Here's a shitty webcam picture from today:

I'm sad because I'm pale and have Kate Gosselin hair. Also, I am one year older and still going nowhere.

This is what I looked like when I still had lady-hair (yes, I really am that ugly, and no, I don't do stupid "Metal poses" seriously... That was merely for "comedic" effect):

Jon Wane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 07:58 PM   #6375
Jon Wane

Quote:
Originally Posted by CptSternn View Post
The can you see on the side is a pint can, which is 50% bigger than the beers ye have there.
We've got pint cans here... we just call them "tall boys". :P
Jon Wane is offline   Reply With Quote