Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 01-13-2007, 06:55 PM   #26
D.C.

i have some really good ghost stories so many but lets hear some more of yours i want some good ones t osend to my love
D.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 03:27 AM   #27
c130

S T O P

B U M P I N G

T H R E A D S

ffs!
Old 01-14-2007, 05:26 AM   #28
Cyntrox

I'm hearing noises outside my room all the time, as if someone was moving all the furniture, but every time I check, there is noone there, the noises stops and everything is normal. It was real creepy at first, but now I don't mind it.
Old 02-02-2007, 09:06 AM   #29
wishcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.C.
i have some really good ghost stories so many but lets hear some more of yours i want some good ones t osend to my love

Heh.. Let's hear some of your stories.
Old 02-02-2007, 04:57 PM   #30
LaBelleDameSansMerci

One possible explanation for hearing noises when you're about to fall asleep is that most people actually do hallucinate before they fall asleep. I notice it a lot (even before I knew it was normal). For me it tends to happen as a general loss of control of my mind. Voices and imagined images become more real. One time I could have sworn that someone came up behind me and put their hands gently on my shoulders and whispered something in my ear. I don't know what he said, but it seemed to be a warning to be careful in some situation or other, which I was about to get involved in. His voice was low, dark, velvety, and a little harsh, but a good kind of harsh. It was weird.
Often when I hear voices like that, it kinds startles me out of actually falling asleep. That and when I've got some presence of mind, I try to prolong those moments. Never works though.

Anyway, this is a little closer to a ghost story. I thought there was someone in my room last night (or an entity, at least), cuz there was something rattling on the door, like it was trying to lock it every once in a while, and there was a bluish light that kept flashing on my cookie box. I yelled "STOP IT" and it did.
Like a tea-tray in the sky.

LaBelleDameSansMerci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 10:07 PM   #31
Born Again

I've already posted a thread discussing my "ghostly" experiences. They didn't get any better, so I decided to move in with my father in a different state.
Old 02-25-2007, 08:48 AM   #32
charlotte666

its not a ghost story but to me it was a goodbye, i got a phone call on the 23 january from my dad to tell me my great grandpa was in hospital and that he wasnt going to make it. that night i went to bed with the tv on cos i did wanna be in darkness, so i lef tthe tv on a put my remote in the draw next to my bed. when i went to sleep the tv channel was E4 and when i woke up it was on the history channel talking about world war 2, and they was talking about the beach my great grandpa had landed on when he went out to serve there, later the next day my mum came home to tell me he had passed away
charlotte666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 01:16 PM   #33
wishcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solumina
maybe she feels him because she needs to, I know that that sounds kind of sucky that he doesn't come to you but this kind of thing helps some people but for other people it prevents them from moving on with their lives

Hmm, I supose that does make sence. Thanks.

Well the strangest thing happened recently. I was sleeping and in the middle of the night i was awaken by what sounded like falling rocks. I wake up and stare at the window and I see the whole night sky light up like daylight. I thought, eh... I'm tired and seeing things. I rolled over and went back to sleep. Later at like 3am I was awaken by the same noice. I look at the window and the sky kept lighting up really bright and it looked like it was daytime. The sound of stones rumbling were louder than before and I started to freak out. I got out of bed to peek out the window and see what it might have been, but when I got to the window, everything stoped and it was dark outside. There was no one around and nothing looked out of place. This really freaked me out. Any of you have any ideas as to what it might have been? You think it was ghost related? UFO related. hehe O.o
Old 06-24-2007, 03:38 PM   #34
Alaizabel Cray

I don't know if you'd call it a "ghost" story, but here goes:

When my sister was little, she was extremely obsessed with hiding things. And she never really grew out of it, she got such a kick out of watching everyone search for things for days, only for her to just pull them out of thin air and say "Gotcha!". Of course, some things we never found. My patent leather Mary Janes, the TV remote, the cordless phone... She'd just forget where she put them, and suddenly it wasn't so funny anymore. Well, perhaps 5 years after the phone went missing, a good year and a half after Allison had already passed away, my mom dropped something behind her hope chest on accident. So she reached back there to get it, and came up with the old cordless phone and a photo of Allison just laughing her head off as if she were saying, "Gotcha again!". There's no way the phone could have been there the whole time, we've moved furniture countless times over the years, and my mom does move the hope chest to vacuum under it periodically. We'd never seen the picture before, it was one of Ally's many self-portraits (she'd fill up entire rolls of film with those, hah). It was a little freaky, but it makes me smile a bit, to think that she cares enough to play tricks on us still.
Old 06-24-2007, 08:07 PM   #35
Aaroneet

Once, right after I had a dream in which a guitar-playing Grim Reaper was chasing me, I heard an eerie voice say, "Don't be afraid." I was the first one to know that this person was dying.

I wake up the next morning to hear on the news that George Harrison of the Beatles was dead.
Old 06-24-2007, 11:39 PM   #36
Redgauntlet

I never saw any ghost at all. I had a dream with only a vague recollection. However, I felt something touch my ass. Not a pinch though. Just a touch. And my eyes flew open and I'm wide awake and very well aware that something or someone touched me. For real or perhaps a dream carry-over? Who knows? This only happened once.
I had a friend of mine take pictures with her disposable camera. After she got her film developed, she noticed a white slight smudge in photo with her brother sitting in his patio chair by the open garage with his cup of coffee in hand. It was morning when the picture was taken. At first, it was figured to be a glitch in the photo. My friend was certain it wasn't. She told me upon further analysis, she thought she saw a face. I went over to her home and took her picture to compare when the garage was opened. I looked over it carefully and concluded it to be an optical illusion of the "face". That part was solved. But the smoke was something else. I suspected that smoke came from her brother's coffee mug. But my friend told me this was taken in the morning during the summer. There was no fog at that time of morning. The temperature was still warm. Well, I wasn't sure. Yet my friend did tell me she never noticed any smoke or mist before she took the picture. Not even after that picture.
Redgauntlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 08:14 AM   #37
wishcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaizabel Cray
I don't know if you'd call it a "ghost" story, but here goes:

When my sister was little, she was extremely obsessed with hiding things. And she never really grew out of it, she got such a kick out of watching everyone search for things for days, only for her to just pull them out of thin air and say "Gotcha!". Of course, some things we never found. My patent leather Mary Janes, the TV remote, the cordless phone... She'd just forget where she put them, and suddenly it wasn't so funny anymore. Well, perhaps 5 years after the phone went missing, a good year and a half after Allison had already passed away, my mom dropped something behind her hope chest on accident. So she reached back there to get it, and came up with the old cordless phone and a photo of Allison just laughing her head off as if she were saying, "Gotcha again!". There's no way the phone could have been there the whole time, we've moved furniture countless times over the years, and my mom does move the hope chest to vacuum under it periodically. We'd never seen the picture before, it was one of Ally's many self-portraits (she'd fill up entire rolls of film with those, hah). It was a little freaky, but it makes me smile a bit, to think that she cares enough to play tricks on us still.

Aww... That's cute. I'm sorry Allison past away, she sounds like a really fun girl. What happened to her? If you don't mind me asking.
Old 06-25-2007, 10:02 AM   #38
Lapin

When I was curled up in bed once, someone tapped me on the shoulder. I turned over and saw nothing.

When I was a very little babybat, I lived in a very tiny house with six other people. Doors would routinely shut themselves, loudly. Windows would slam shut, once catching someone's fingers and nearly breaking them all. At night, in the main bedroom, you could smell that funeral perfume and roses, strongly. There were always strange noises, not quite footsteps, just shuffling and general movement, only somehow muted. Once, the radio's volume went up on it's own. There was always a very horrible sense of uneasiness when you were in the house, as though you were not alone.

Needless to say, we all shared rooms. None of us wanted to sleep alone, and eventually, we moved out.

I've seen the house since, but I'm not sure I'll ever be willing to go back in. Some people moved in after us, but they quickly moved out too. I'm not sure what I believe in, but I do know that there is something, or someone in that house.
Lapin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 07:05 AM   #39
Nevan

My story will probably sound a bit unbelievable but anyway - here goes:

A couple of years back a friend and I tried to have a séance just for the fun of it. Even though neither of us really knew what we were doing, we actually called up a spirit and it spoke to me through my friend. Of course I was scared shitless, but at the same time so intrigued - so we continued to hold our little amateur sessions and it was a lot of fun at first.

But then things started to get weird - my friend could feel the spirit at night, like a hand stroking her leg or back. Sometimes she would sit somewhere and something next to her would just fall over or move slightly. I also experienced stuff, although not so bad as she - whenever I was alone I would have the distinct feeling that someone was looking at me - the feeling of eyes burning into my back. I would also hear a voice - saying my name or something incoherent. At times I could see a shadow moving against the wall, at other times I could feel an incredibly cold 'pocket' of air close by my arm or leg. One one occasion I was playing piano and I felt this incredible cold rush of air sweep over my hands, it was so cold that I started shaking from it. Could have been a draft - but on a hot summer's day with all the windows closed?

That's about it. I can't remember exactly when or why the spirit stopped doing physical things, but eventually it ceased. Though ever since I've had the distinct feeling that I'm being watched, especially when I'm alone. I suppose if you want something to come to you, it will?

Alas! Must it ever be so?
Do we stand in our own light, wherever we go,
And fight our own shadows forever?
- Edward Bulwer-Lytton
Nevan is offline   Reply With Quote